Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade is #14 ranked solution in top Email Security tools. PeerSpot users give Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade an average rating of 7.4 out of 10. Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade is most commonly compared to Barracuda Email Security Gateway: Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade vs Barracuda Email Security Gateway. Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 52% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 23% of all views.
Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade Buyer's Guide

Download the Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2022

What is Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade?

Check Point Anti-Spam & Email Security provides comprehensive protection for messaging infrastructure. A multidimensional approach protects email infrastructure, provides highly accurate anti-spam coverage and defends organizations from a wide variety of virus and malware threats delivered within email.

Learn more about Anti spam email security.

Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade Customers

SF Police Credit Union (SFPCU)

Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade Video

Archived Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade Reviews (more than two years old)

Oleg Pekar - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Network/Security Engineer at Skywind Group
Flexible configuration, straightforward to set up, and false positive errors are minimal
  • "I like the flexible configuration set, e.g. both the content-based and the IP reputation anti-spam are supported, but you may choose to disable the mechanism you don't like."
  • "I think that the pricing for the Check Point products should be reconsidered, as we found it to be quite expensive to purchase and to maintain."

What is our primary use case?

Our company works in the area of developing and delivering online gambling platforms. The Check Point Next-Generation Firewalls are the core security solution we use for the protection of our DataCenter environment, located in Asia (Taiwan).

The environment has about 50 physical servers as virtualization hosts, and we have two HA Clusters that consist of 2x5400 hardware appliances, managed by an OpenServer Security Management Server on a Virtual Machine (KVM), all running on R80.10 with the latest JumboHotfix.

The Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade is one of the numerous blades activated on the NGFWs and serves for security improvement in the area of email filtration and anti-spam protection.

How has it helped my organization?

We rely on the Check Point HA Clusters to secure the DataCenter of our company that is located in Asia (Taiwan). This software blade - Check Point Anti-Spam & Email Security - is enabled among the number of the others, and is responsible for scanning and blocking the potential malware email or the email that contain Spam messages.

As the security administrator, I see that the Check Point Anti-Spam & Email Security works quite well. The logs and reports show the daily number of messages blocked, and it's amazing.

From time to time, I manually check the blocked emails and can confirm that 99% of them are trash. I am confident that the number of False Positives is minimal for this solution.

What is most valuable?

1. I like the flexible configuration set, e.g. both the content-based and the IP reputation anti-spam are supported, but you may choose to disable the mechanism you don't like.
  2. The databases of IPs and text strings are updated as per schedule, which can be adjusted in the blade options.
  3. It is possible to create and use the custom block list for the anti-spam blade in the policy, which we have configured.
  4. When you have the IPS software blade purchased and activated, the emails are checked by the email IPS protections, thus increasing the security level even more.

What needs improvement?

I think that the pricing for the Check Point products should be reconsidered, as we found it to be quite expensive to purchase and to maintain. Maintenance requires that the licenses and the support services be prolonged regularly.

Alternatively, they should create some additional bundles of the software blades with significant discounts in addition to the current Next Generation Threat Prevention & SandBlast (NGTX) and Next Generation Threat Prevention (NGTP) offers.

We have also had several support cases opened for software issues, but none of them were connected with the Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade.

Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade
October 2022
Learn what your peers think about Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2022.
635,513 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We have been using this product for about three years, starting in late 2017.

The Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade is stable.

The Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade scales well with the gateways we use, since it doesn't affect the overall performance much after activation.

We have had several support cases opened, but none of them were connected with the Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade. Some of the issues were resolved by installing the latest recommended JumoHotfix, whereas some required additional configuration at the OS kernel level.

The longest issue took about one month to be resolved, which we consider too long.

No, it's the first NGFW with email protection we onboarded.

The setup was straightforward. The configuration was easy and understandable, and we relied heavily on built-in objects and groups.

Our deployment was completed by our in-house team. We have a Check Point Certified engineer working in the engineering team.

Choosing the correct set of licenses is essential because, without the additional software blade licenses, the Check Point gateways are just a stateful firewall.

No, we decided to stick with Check Point after the demo.

Gaurav Amar - PeerSpot reviewer
GM IT Infra at PVR Ltd
Good message encryption and validation features, but the console should be more user-friendly
  • "Using Check Point has helped us to safeguard our environment and help to protect against spam, as well as other types of attacks against our network."
  • "The user should be able to perform a real-time search of the objects and see the messages."

What is our primary use case?

Check Point makes up part of our security solution in all of our locations across India. We are in the eCommerce industry and one of the things that we do is set up tickets for moviegoers.

We have categorized our requirements as per the online penetration of our booking agents. As an example, in one of our locations, we have a penetration of filling online tickets that is reaching up to 85%. It is important that this system is safeguarded to ensure that we are not exploited on the ticketing platform using the OCR codes that we are generating and sending to our customers. As the tickets are emailed to the patrons in advance of the show, it is important that this email is secure. This is one of our use cases.

How has it helped my organization?

Using Check Point has helped us to safeguard our environment and help to protect against spam, as well as other types of attacks against our network. We are a PCI DSS compliant company in India and we need to ensure that our patrons' data is protected. At the same time, we want the convenience of being able to send tickets to them. Check Point has allowed us to do that.

What is most valuable?

The features that I like the best are message encryption and message validation.

What needs improvement?

The manageability using this console is complex and it should be a little more user-friendly. If you don't have a good understanding of putting the policies in place then sometimes it is tough to manage from the console. A more intuitive GUI would make it easier to manage.

The user should be able to perform a real-time search of the objects and see the messages. As it is now, when we create an object, sometimes you find out at a later stage that the object already exists. If I could simply type an object into the search bar and find out whether it exists by seeing it in a dropdown then it would save me time.

We have been using the Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Blade for two years.

This solution has been stable and is working very well in our environment.

This is a scalable solution. We have 170 locations across India and all of them have Check Point installed. We had considered scalability from the beginning of this project, with a three to five-year plan.

We have been in direct contact with technical support and our experience has been that they are both nice and helpful. After the deployment was completed, the partner who assisted us had moved out and completed a knowledge transfer to the entire team. There was a subsequent issue that had to do with the VPN, and the Check Point technical support was very helpful in resolving it.

We have used other security products by vendors such as Juniper and Palo Alto, but not for the same use cases.

We began our implementation about two and a half years ago and as part of the process, we divided India into different regions. In total, it took us about 120 days to fully deploy across all of our locations.

We have in-house staff who are very well versed in the Check Point technology, however, given the volume of deployment, we contracted a partner that was recommended by the vendor.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is considering this solution is that it is a robust and reliable platform. With respect to messaging and firewall products, all of them are pretty good but it depends on your scenario. I would say that Check Point has the best security, the messaging protocols are pretty good, and the reliability is higher than competing products by Palo Alto and Juniper. When adopting Check Point, your skill is one of the key points to consider.

This is a good solution but there are certain complexities that need to be made more user-friendly. It should be more manageable from an IT perspective. This includes things such as setting up specific policies. A more intuitive GUI, for example, would help.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade
October 2022
635,513 professionals have used our research since 2012.
IT Professional
Without this product, we would get 100,000 pieces of spam daily

What is most valuable?

Mail sanitisation features are second to none.

How has it helped my organization?

• Without this product, we would get 100,000 pieces of spam daily.
  • With it, we have greater system performance.

What needs improvement?

The UX/UI could be more friendly.

10 years.

Outside of official channels, we could not find a lot of sources of technical material. However, the tech support and documentation provided were adequate.

Yes, I previously used a GFI solution. I switched because the GFI solution worked with the Microsoft ISA firewalls and I moved to a different platform.

It was relatively straightforward.

Yes, I looked at a few others. This had a higher spam removal percentage.

What other advice do I have?

Spam percentage of more than 98%. It is one of the best products that I have used.

Download our free Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: October 2022