Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade is the #13 ranked solution in top Email Security tools. PeerSpot users give Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade an average rating of 7.8 out of 10. Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade is most commonly compared to Barracuda Email Security Gateway: Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade vs Barracuda Email Security Gateway. Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 54% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 19% of all views.
Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade Buyer's Guide

Download the Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: December 2022

What is Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade?

Check Point Anti-Spam & Email Security provides comprehensive protection for messaging infrastructure. A multidimensional approach protects email infrastructure, provides highly accurate anti-spam coverage and defends organizations from a wide variety of virus and malware threats delivered within email.

Learn more about Anti spam email security.

Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade Customers

SF Police Credit Union (SFPCU)

Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade Video

Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade pricing:
  • "The cost is competitive with other security products on the market."
  • "This is a simple system with a very low cost and basic functions, which surely is ideal for a small company."
  • Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade Reviews

Shyam Lal Navatiya - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior Consultant at EY India
    User
    Cost efficient with good security and great accuracy

What is our primary use case?

Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade helps us to gain great email security. It is one of the most secure and affordable solutions for mail server security systems and helps with compliance and security management to ensure no data loss or no data theft from the email server under any circumstance.

It is one of the most high-demand security solutions in the market, with high-level accuracy and a quality assurance system. Their security software is sone of the best in the market, with numerous features for high-end usability.

How has it helped my organization?

Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade is the best available security solution for identifying and detecting potential threats and brings the cost of security management expenses down for the organization.

It is one of the best security software for businesses and organizations and helps in the potential blocking and restriction of any malware attacks or ransomware entry into the system.

The user-identified IP addresses are thoroughly checked for any malware content and ensure no lapse.

What is most valuable?

The scanning and checking of SMTP and POP3 traffic is not always 100%. The directional scanning left some of the incoming mail unchecked quite often, which carries a higher malware risk. It needs to be improved to bring the efficacy to 100%. Still, it is one of the best solutions in the market for creating a risk-free and virus and malware-free environment where we can do our business activities freely without any tension.

The software is one of the most cost-effective solutions. However, now the competition is coming up with extremely low-end costing models, which is attracting us more than ever. It is high time that they should redefine the cost strategy and models from a new lens so that we can attract and retain more new and existing customers.

What needs improvement?

More and more customized security features on a low-cost model should be incorporated to enhance the affordability and acceptability of the security solution in the market.

It is one of the most cost-effective and affordable solutions, yet needs a few customsations and quick security scanning features. It should not take much time and can create a strengthened and secure ecosystem for all of us.

The scanning rate of potential threat points and endpoints should be made faster and more accurate.

Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade
    December 2022
    Learn what your peers think about Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2022.
    656,474 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I've used the solution for over one year now.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

Technical support has been good so far.

Positive

We have been using Check Point Security solutions for quite some time now. Before that, we used a local customized security solution from one of our affiliated vendors. It was a bit expensive and ranked low on accuracy and efficacy. We switched to Check Point after that.

The initial setup is easy and not complicated at all.

The solution is implemented through a vendor team only.

The ROI is great.  We are at almost 70%

I can strongly recommend Check Point Security solutions due to their high credibility and high-cost efficiency. It is a high-performing security software that is good for blocking and restricting spamming and illegal content points and sources.

The Check Point is easy to install and quite easy to deploy. The pricing is also very low-end and can be brought down further low.

Set-up costs are not complicated at all. The licensing/renewal agreement would not cost too much either, as it is quite handy to use, and due to its simplicity, we have been using it for quite a long time now.

We tried a lot of the free trial services for the local security solutions coupled with a few leading ones like McAfee, Trend security, and ESET Protect.

What other advice do I have?

This is a must-have solution for all sizes of businesses and professionals. It is quite a good security software for all of us in the current scenario of unprecedented malware and ransomware risks.

Anuj V. - PeerSpot reviewer
    Consultant at ANALYTICS EDGE
    Good logging, monitoring, and blocking capabilities
    • "The robust Smart Dashboard enables to us fetch important and accurate data insights concerning the blocking of spammers and malware attacks on the system."
    • "In my book, more and more customized integrations could be made available so that different kinds of mail servers and cloud servers can be internally integrated for real-time system flow and security enablement."

What is our primary use case?

Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade enables all-round security to network servers and cloud servers. Also, it identifies and detects the spam in a proactive manner as it has a high spam detection rate utility and features embedded in the same. It is an intelligent tool with a high restriction rate for spam mails and messages and also fewer false positive cases.

It works excellently on identified IP addresses and diffuses the spammers well in advance. The blocking of spam mails and source points will be done easily without disturbing the system's functioning.

How has it helped my organization?

Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade has improved the performance outcome for our organization to a great extent as it helps in providing the A to Z system and cloud security of IT system and execution the same is effortless and free of hassle.

The robust Smart Dashboard enables to us fetch important and accurate data insights concerning the blocking of spammers and malware attacks on the system. It gives a clear reporting view and is available 24/7/365.

SMTP and POP3 mail traffic is continuously scanned for spammers and virus attacks and is protected well in advance accordingly.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers a robust architecture of virus and spammer detection.

The introduction of the software in our IT system has resulted in strengthened security for mail servers and IT system end to end.

Strong reporting and monitoring dashboard offers an overall view of data insights in real-time

Blocking of spam emails and their origin/source points is good. There's no trouble in the operation, deployment, and integration of the same with our internal dashboard.The IT system is effortless and smooth.

Logging and monitoring of an anti-spam mail server is available and runs continuously.

What needs improvement?

A selection of customized servers should be made available on tariffs for shorter duration - for a renewal of tariffs for three months and so. Also, the renewal of the agreement can be made smoother for effortless continuation with vendors

Customized server security can also be accustomed to different pricing options so that all kinds of organizations can come forward and try the services without hesitation or price constraint.

I have been using the anti-spam and email security software blade of Check Point for the past six months and am well versed with its trial version utilities and features.

It's highly stable and can be effortlessly integrated with all kinds of IT systems and internal servers.

It's highly scalable and replicable across multiple kinds of systems

The customer service and support system are highly responsive and quite agile in providing a timely solution to our queries and related concerns. It's commendable and they should keep up the good work

Positive

We had an internal security solution developed by PCC Web Solutions, however, we switched on Check Point due to the larger scope of utility features at affordable pricing.

There is no complexity in the deployment and integration of software in our ecosystem.

We implemented it through the vendor.

We've seen over 80% ROI.

I would strongly recommend all the business users out there to come forward and try this amazing system of email security solutions which is essential for all kinds of businesses today.

We tried a lot of partner vendors in this area of system and email security. We tried the free version of McAfee and Quick Heal to strengthen the email security system in our organization.

What other advice do I have?

I'd recommend this amazing email security solution to protect your email server inside and out from all kinds of endpoints. Introducing it brings system security and high-grade efficiency in performance outcomes.

Hybrid Cloud
    Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade
    December 2022
    656,474 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Adriamcam - PeerSpot reviewer
    Consultant at ITQS
    Reseller
    Flexible with good anti-spam capabilities and effective perimeter security
    • "It does a better job of recognizing spammers."
    • "A major area for improvement is within some of the heavily discounted software blade add-ons on top of the current Next Generation Threat Prevention and SandBlast and Next Generation Threat Prevention offerings."

What is our primary use case?

Our company works on the implementation of services in the cloud. We have a large number of employees inside and outside the country. The work from home modality was also added recently, and, for this reason, a solution was needed that would provide security in all aspects of electronic communication. That is why Checkpoint Anti-Spam and Email Security was implemented throughout the company. We wanted to be able to block spam and malware at the connection level and also be able to integrate it with cloud services with Azure and thus be able to have excellent data management.

How has it helped my organization?

Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade has improved the perimeter security of our company. Since its implementation it has complemented an essential part of the company's security. One of the features that we liked is the content-based Anti-spam capabilities. It can scan images or attachments. Another feature that it provides us with is the anti-spam block/allow list. This has allowed us to have great control in order to be able to block malicious emails that try to enter our employees' emails.

What is most valuable?

Of all the features that Check Point Anti-Spam & Email Security Software Blade brings, all of them fulfill different functions. The one I liked the most is content-based anti-spam. It does a better job of recognizing spammers. It does reconnaissance against advanced forms of spam, including image-based and foreign-language spam, using pattern-based detection. From what I was reading, it has a proprietary algorithm to create unique, fingerprint-like signatures of email messages and practically uses AI.

I also like the flexible configuration set. Both the content-based anti-spam, IP, and text string databases are updated on a schedule, which can be adjusted in the sheet options. It is possible to create and use the custom block list for the anti-spam sheet in the policy that we have configured.

What needs improvement?

For the few years that I have been using Check Point, they have always presented new updates and tries to stay ahead with their tools making them more interactive with the user and not so complicated. They are always at the forefront with new features. It meets and covers all the necessary fields to protect an organization and must be at the forefront as hackers are always one step ahead. They need to continue to make the tool more robust to protect users from new threats.

A major area for improvement is within some of the heavily discounted software blade add-ons on top of the current Next Generation Threat Prevention and SandBlast and Next Generation Threat Prevention offerings.

The tool was implemented in 2020. Currently, I have been working with this solution for two years.

During the two years of implementation in the organization, it has not presented any problem. Its stability is very good.

Its scalability is excellent. It is a super scalable product in security and very robust.

Regarding customer service, we have had both good and bad experiences I give them an eight on the support part, however, sometimes we are left wanting.

Positive

We only had Office 365 and wanted to make the security more robust.

The implementation was simple

The implementation was done in conjunction with internal collaborators and with support from Check Point. They were very helpful and very good at their job.

My return is to have made a single investment and to be able, with that investment, to maintain the privacy and security of the organization.

It is a very affordable tool to implement in an organization.

We looked into Fortinet and Microsoft.

What other advice do I have?

You can use this solution without fear as it gives you security and confidence.

Basil Dange - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior Manager at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
    Good support and reporting, but the multi-appliance setup process is complex
    • "The solution can be monitored on a single dashboard with actionable insights and reporting."
    • "It does not provide for standalone configuration on the security gateway. Instead, you need to have a management server/smart console for managing it."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is to protect the organization from any attack generated via email. As most of the attacks in recent days are via email, the organization has to be equipped and ready to mitigate this type of attack at the perimeter level, before it has been delivered to the user mailbox or endpoint.

Basic anti-spam filters are not capable of protecting against the latest generation of attacks. So, for protecting the organization against this sophisticated or targeted attack, we concluded that the next generation of Email Security solutions is a must. Ultimately, it should be able to protect against any attack that is sent via email.

How has it helped my organization?

This product prevents sophisticated attacks, such as:

• Phishing Email attacks such as impersonation, spear-phishing, and business email compromise
    • Account Takeover protection, where the primary aim of an attacker is to steal user credentials
    • Protection against malicious files, malicious attachments, and malware. The primary aim of this kind of email is to infect user machines and steal data, or injecting malicious code on a machine so that they can move laterally and infect other machines within the organization, or perform a ransomware attack
    • Protection against data leakage that can be caused by an aforementioned attack, which can result in financial loss or reputation damage to the organization

What is most valuable?

This solution is hosted in an inline mode for the protection of inbound, outbound, and internal email communication. It does not require any change in MX entry on the DNS Server for routing traffic to the service provider for Email Security.

The complete solution can be hosted on-premises for environments where the organization has an on-premises email solution, and it will remain invisible to the attacker.

This solution can be integrated with SandBlast Technology provided by Check Point and its most effective solution is breach prevention.

It can be extended to the cloud as well, for protecting cloud-hosted email.

What needs improvement?

Our solution required multiple appliances, as a single appliance only supports up to 5,000 files. This means that depending upon the number of files that need to be processed, the number of appliances needs to be increased. Essentially, the number of appliances needs to be sized accordingly for complete protection. The increase in the number of appliances makes it difficult to manage in terms of physical connectivity and configuration.

The product performs only basic anti-spam capabilities, compared to CloudGuard SaaS, which provides more robust anti-spamming functionality than the on-premises solution.

YARA rules can be added only using the CLI, rather than through the GUI, which makes it difficult for the administrator.

We are not using the Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade at this moment.

This solution is stable.

This product is easily scalable and a number of devices can be added whenever it is required.

The support and our experience with the OEM were excellent.

Previously, we were using the email gateway along with an additional license to protect against email attacks on the same gateway.

Setting up the product is complex. In the case of a single appliance, it is simple. However, it becomes complex with several appliances.

The solution was implemented with our in-house team along with the OEM.

The setup is complex, as it is dependent on the number of files that need to be processed via the email security appliance.

The cost is competitive with other security products on the market.

We evaluated similar solutions by Cisco & Trend Micro.

What other advice do I have?

This solution should be designed to support all functionality, including use as an email gateway in case the functionality is required, as well as having a strong anti-spam module

Shrinkhala Jain - PeerSpot reviewer
    Project Consultant at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
    User
    Cost-effective and fast with great security features
    • "It is easy to install, and the deployment is super easy as well."
    • "Recognizing spammers and spam email sourcing is extremely lagging these days, and the performance could be improved to provide better efficiency."

What is our primary use case?

This is the best email security software that restricts the entry of malware and threat attempts on multiple levels. It has real-time proactive detection of threats and provides end-to-end email IPS protection. It has over 99% spam protection and gives us immediate protection from outbreaks.

It blocks and restricts email threats and provides all-around protection to the system and cloud server.

Its integration with different kinds of portals and dashboards is going really well, and there is no scope for incompatibility. We now have end-to-end all-around protection of the system and server.

How has it helped my organization?

Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade has definitely increased efficiency and security to the greatest level. It is one of the most cost-effective solutions for all kinds of small, medium, and large enterprises.

It is easy to install, and the deployment is super easy as well. There are no complex methods involved during installation. The complete integration and deployment are straightforward and absolutely not complicated at all.

With this email security software, we get 100% system and server protection end-to-end without any hassle.

What is most valuable?

It is a highly cost-effective solution for securing email security blades. The solution ensures end-to-end, round-the-clock protection from threat attempts such as malware and ransomware.

The speed and stability of the software and system are great. It helps us achieve end-to-end email protection.

It is a scalable, replicable, and highly stable solution that is easily accessible and can be easily integrated and deployed.

It blocks zero-day threat attacks and attempts in the most efficient manner and brings efficiency to the system.

What needs improvement?

I strongly suggest they incorporate and offer more customized features that will enhance efficiency to improve outcomes. Also, they need to offer customizable features for email protection from multiple ends.

It is extremely easy to understand, even for non-technical users. It is easy to manage and integrate well with all kinds of portals and dashboards so that a secure environment can always be attained.

Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade helps in blocking spammers and spam sources to the greatest extent possible. It helps in restricting the names, domain addresses, and IP addresses as well. SMTP traffic is completely scanned and filtered throughout. It offers highly advanced anti-spam protection, which has been amazing and is one of a kind in the present market situation.

Real-time protection from malware and ransomware is excellent. The quick and highly advanced security protection saves us time.

The product is stable.

The solution is quite scalable.

we've had a great experience using technical support.

Positive

I am using this solution for the first time. The experience so far has been great.

The setup was quite straightforward and not complex at all.

We implemented the solution through the vendor only.

The ROI has been great.

The setup cost was extremely low, and pricing is quite low. Licensing is easy to deploy, and there is no hassle involved elsewhere.

I evaluated other options like Trend Micro Email Security and McAfee Email Security, among others.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this solution as it is one of the best in the market and can lead to increased profitability for businesses by reducing the expense burden on email security solutions.

Database Administrator at Ordina
    User
    Easy to integrate with good spam filtering and excellent dashboards
    • "When sharing files with my colleagues, it provides a comprehensive report on the security status of the document."
    • "The anti-spam features could be upgraded to be able to detect unnoticeable spam."

What is our primary use case?

The anti-spam feature has protected the company email infrastructure from viruses that may destroy useful data.

It has enabled my department to come up with useful policies that prevent our database from ransomware attacks.

It detects unsafe emails in advance with instant blocking to protect users.

The product saves us time in terms of email categorization with a reliable classification system.

This product has advanced our email-sharing channels with modern security tools that filter out any unsafe data.

How has it helped my organization?

Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade has created a safe working environment that cannot be easily compromised.

Sending and receiving emails from secure networks gives teams confidence in the execution of daily duties.

Data that was being destroyed by viruses is now safe, and we can exchange ideas with our colleagues without any fear.

It has given an opportunity to each sector to control and monitor their own data with strict set company regulations. It has provided comprehensive security to all the applications and enhanced increased production.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to integrate with other applications and operate. New users find it flexible to work with this tool and interact with all the features.

The customer support staff provides 24/7 live support to ensure the system keeps on running and helps customers who request any help.

Maintenance costs are efficient, and the setup process takes a few minutes.

The spam filtering feature saves and stops the spread of viruses.

The user dashboards provide results based on real-time insights that enable teams to plan and set achievable objectives.

What needs improvement?

When it comes to languages, they can be updated to cater to all communities.

The software blade is working well, and most of the time we achieve our goals. Blocking suspicious emails has been a great achievement due to increased online threats. Before the deployment of this product, we had lost useful information to scammers. However, we are now sorted.

The set features are working well. That said, they have to be updated on time to cater to new security demands that arise daily.

I've used the solution for one year and five months.

I have not experienced downtime.

It is easy to set up and learn how it works.

The 24/7 customer support services have been good.

Positive

I have not used different products and have no plans of leaving this platform.

The initial setup was straightforward.

The implementation took place through the vendor team, and their level of professionalism impressed everybody.

The return on investment has been positive, and it increases on daily basis based on an excellent performance.

It is easy to set up, and the cost is reliable.

I have not engaged with other vendors.

What other advice do I have?

Email security infrastructure has improved, and any enterprise can try this solution for better performance.

Google
    System and Network Administrator at Auriga - The banking e-volution
    Would benefit from aggregate logging capabilities, and it does not scale to large email volume
    • "This product integrates well and is easy to manage."
    • "It would be useful to have more logs and in aggregate mode, perhaps through a specific report, that can be more easily used for troubleshooting."

What is our primary use case?

Like any company, we needed an antispam product so we implemented this solution.

Buying this blade was convenient from an economic point of view and we took advantage of it to have a product that is both well-integrated and easy to manage.

How has it helped my organization?

At first, it seemed like a good solution but it wasn't; we have the mail server on site.

After six months, the mail was in fits and starts and the Check Point infrastructure was not responding properly. We realized that we were under a strong spam attack and had to install another antispam product. We were lucky enough to be supported by the Check Point team of specialists, who helped us to identify and solve the problem.

In fact, analyzing the logs was not something that was evident at first sight.

What is most valuable?

This product integrates well and is easy to manage.

It is certainly very beneficial for a small business and works best in combination with other Check Point blades, such as the Data Protection Blade that protects against data loss via email.

It is useful for having alerts on the e-mail traffic trend.

What needs improvement?

Determining areas for improvement is not a question that can be answered simply. I think we should separate the antispam engine into two parts; the first that breaks down mass spam, and the second for refinement.

It would be good to dedicate a separate core at least for the first phase so that it does not take away resources from the system. The ideal approach would be to enrich the product with more functions but this I imagine would also lead to an increase in cost.

It would be useful to have more logs and in aggregate mode, perhaps through a specific report, that can be more easily used for troubleshooting.

We have been using the Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade for six months.

For small mail flows, this product is stable.

This solution is ideal for a small business or if you have a mail server in the cloud and most of the spam is blocked by the provider. It is not good for large email flows. If you require or move to large mail flows, the solution needs to be changed.

Third-party customer service was excellent and the technical team is highly skilled.

Previously, there was no specific solution and we relied on the local antispam engine installed on the clients.

The initial setup is simple and it takes just a few steps.

Our ROI is in line with the investment.

This is a simple system with a very low cost and basic functions, which surely is ideal for a small company.

We tried Apache SpamAssassin but it was difficult to integrate it into our environment.

What other advice do I have?

Unfortunately, the product has not proved up to par. Every component has to do its job; it is an excellent advanced firewall solution and we cannot expect it to do everything but the Spam and Email Blade must do its job well as Check Point does.

Raj Kumar07 - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior Manager at Agriculture Skill Council of India (ASCI)
    User
    Cost-effective with good blocking and ant-spam capabilities
    • "It is a highly cost-effective solution for all kinds of small, marginal, and medium enterprises."
    • "The high-end protection of email servers from any advanced foreign agents and malware is not 100% there currently."

What is our primary use case?

Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade is the best fit and a good universal solution for all businesses and IT companies to secure their system and servers from all kinds of endpoints and malware.

It helps in identifying and blocking foreign spam mail permanently. It can block unauthorized entry into the system and servers. No data is lost due to spamming as the all-around system protection is done nicely by Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade

All of our IT and operations verticals are using the software for quite some time now.

How has it helped my organization?

Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade has boosted the productivity of all departments and verticals by ensuring 360-degree compliance on the security aspect of systems and servers.

Our IT systems and email servers are secured throughout by end-to-end protection from the Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade. This is an out-of-the-box solution with high-level performance.

What is most valuable?

This is a cost-effective solution for the security of email servers.

Blocking the accurately identified spammers and source points has been effective.

Blocking the spammers through IP addresses and identifying sender/source points ensure there is no false detection. All the identified spammers are correct in almost 99% of cases.

SMTP and POP3 traffic is completely checked for any unauthorized entry and blockage of any suspicious entrant to secure the system instantly.

Following the Anti Spam Policy of the organization in the most accurate and legitimate manner possible without any slips.

What needs improvement?

The high-end protection of email servers from any advanced foreign agents and malware is not 100% there currently. They could improve on technically sound features to ensure complete and all-around protection of email servers from potential ransomware and unauthorized endpoints.

The software should be made more mature and scalable so that it becomes a one size fits all kind of software for all organizations and businesses. It should be scalable for all kinds of changing environments.

I've used the solution for a year now.

The solution offers high stability.

The solution is quite scalable.

We've had a great experience with technical support.

Positive

We did not use a different solution.

The setup is easy, and no complexity was involved.

The solution is implemented through the vendor team only.

The ROI is almost 90%.

Pricing is significantly low and quite affordable for all kinds of users and professional organizations. The pricing is dynamic yet quite low compared to fellow competitors. Licensing is easy to take up and run. They offer easy renewal as well.

We looked at McAfee and Trend Security.

What other advice do I have?

It's a must-have solution for businesses to secure their email servers in the most comprehensive manner.

Private Cloud
    Download our free Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: December 2022