Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade is #18 ranked solution in top Email Security tools. PeerSpot users give Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade an average rating of 7.4 out of 10. Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade is most commonly compared to Barracuda Email Security Gateway: Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade vs Barracuda Email Security Gateway. Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 47% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 22% of all views.
Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade Buyer's Guide

Download the Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade?

Check Point Anti-Spam & Email Security provides comprehensive protection for messaging infrastructure. A multidimensional approach protects email infrastructure, provides highly accurate anti-spam coverage and defends organizations from a wide variety of virus and malware threats delivered within email.

Learn more about Anti spam email security.

Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade Customers

SF Police Credit Union (SFPCU)

Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade Video

Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade pricing:
  • "The cost is competitive with other security products on the market."
  • "This is a simple system with a very low cost and basic functions, which surely is ideal for a small company."
  • Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade Reviews

Anuj V. - PeerSpot reviewer
    Consultant at ANALYTICS EDGE
    Good logging, monitoring, and blocking capabilities
    • "The robust Smart Dashboard enables to us fetch important and accurate data insights concerning the blocking of spammers and malware attacks on the system."
    • "In my book, more and more customized integrations could be made available so that different kinds of mail servers and cloud servers can be internally integrated for real-time system flow and security enablement."

What is our primary use case?

Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade enables all-round security to network servers and cloud servers. Also, it identifies and detects the spam in a proactive manner as it has a high spam detection rate utility and features embedded in the same. It is an intelligent tool with a high restriction rate for spam mails and messages and also fewer false positive cases.

It works excellently on identified IP addresses and diffuses the spammers well in advance. The blocking of spam mails and source points will be done easily without disturbing the system's functioning.

How has it helped my organization?

Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade has improved the performance outcome for our organization to a great extent as it helps in providing the A to Z system and cloud security of IT system and execution the same is effortless and free of hassle.

The robust Smart Dashboard enables to us fetch important and accurate data insights concerning the blocking of spammers and malware attacks on the system. It gives a clear reporting view and is available 24/7/365.

SMTP and POP3 mail traffic is continuously scanned for spammers and virus attacks and is protected well in advance accordingly.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers a robust architecture of virus and spammer detection.

The introduction of the software in our IT system has resulted in strengthened security for mail servers and IT system end to end.

Strong reporting and monitoring dashboard offers an overall view of data insights in real-time

Blocking of spam emails and their origin/source points is good. There's no trouble in the operation, deployment, and integration of the same with our internal dashboard.The IT system is effortless and smooth.

Logging and monitoring of an anti-spam mail server is available and runs continuously.

What needs improvement?

A selection of customized servers should be made available on tariffs for shorter duration - for a renewal of tariffs for three months and so. Also, the renewal of the agreement can be made smoother for effortless continuation with vendors

Customized server security can also be accustomed to different pricing options so that all kinds of organizations can come forward and try the services without hesitation or price constraint.

Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade
    September 2022
    Learn what your peers think about Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
    632,779 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using the anti-spam and email security software blade of Check Point for the past six months and am well versed with its trial version utilities and features.

It's highly stable and can be effortlessly integrated with all kinds of IT systems and internal servers.

It's highly scalable and replicable across multiple kinds of systems

The customer service and support system are highly responsive and quite agile in providing a timely solution to our queries and related concerns. It's commendable and they should keep up the good work

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We had an internal security solution developed by PCC Web Solutions, however, we switched on Check Point due to the larger scope of utility features at affordable pricing.

There is no complexity in the deployment and integration of software in our ecosystem.

We implemented it through the vendor.

We've seen over 80% ROI.

I would strongly recommend all the business users out there to come forward and try this amazing system of email security solutions which is essential for all kinds of businesses today.

We tried a lot of partner vendors in this area of system and email security. We tried the free version of McAfee and Quick Heal to strengthen the email security system in our organization.

What other advice do I have?

I'd recommend this amazing email security solution to protect your email server inside and out from all kinds of endpoints. Introducing it brings system security and high-grade efficiency in performance outcomes.

Hybrid Cloud
    Adriamcam - PeerSpot reviewer
    Consultant at ITQS
    Reseller
    Flexible with good anti-spam capabilities and effective perimeter security
    • "It does a better job of recognizing spammers."
    • "A major area for improvement is within some of the heavily discounted software blade add-ons on top of the current Next Generation Threat Prevention and SandBlast and Next Generation Threat Prevention offerings."

What is our primary use case?

Our company works on the implementation of services in the cloud. We have a large number of employees inside and outside the country. The work from home modality was also added recently, and, for this reason, a solution was needed that would provide security in all aspects of electronic communication. That is why Checkpoint Anti-Spam and Email Security was implemented throughout the company. We wanted to be able to block spam and malware at the connection level and also be able to integrate it with cloud services with Azure and thus be able to have excellent data management.

How has it helped my organization?

Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade has improved the perimeter security of our company. Since its implementation it has complemented an essential part of the company's security. One of the features that we liked is the content-based Anti-spam capabilities. It can scan images or attachments. Another feature that it provides us with is the anti-spam block/allow list. This has allowed us to have great control in order to be able to block malicious emails that try to enter our employees' emails.

What is most valuable?

Of all the features that Check Point Anti-Spam & Email Security Software Blade brings, all of them fulfill different functions. The one I liked the most is content-based anti-spam. It does a better job of recognizing spammers. It does reconnaissance against advanced forms of spam, including image-based and foreign-language spam, using pattern-based detection. From what I was reading, it has a proprietary algorithm to create unique, fingerprint-like signatures of email messages and practically uses AI.

I also like the flexible configuration set. Both the content-based anti-spam, IP, and text string databases are updated on a schedule, which can be adjusted in the sheet options. It is possible to create and use the custom block list for the anti-spam sheet in the policy that we have configured.

What needs improvement?

For the few years that I have been using Check Point, they have always presented new updates and tries to stay ahead with their tools making them more interactive with the user and not so complicated. They are always at the forefront with new features. It meets and covers all the necessary fields to protect an organization and must be at the forefront as hackers are always one step ahead. They need to continue to make the tool more robust to protect users from new threats.

A major area for improvement is within some of the heavily discounted software blade add-ons on top of the current Next Generation Threat Prevention and SandBlast and Next Generation Threat Prevention offerings.

The tool was implemented in 2020. Currently, I have been working with this solution for two years.

During the two years of implementation in the organization, it has not presented any problem. Its stability is very good.

Its scalability is excellent. It is a super scalable product in security and very robust.

Regarding customer service, we have had both good and bad experiences I give them an eight on the support part, however, sometimes we are left wanting.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We only had Office 365 and wanted to make the security more robust.

The implementation was simple

The implementation was done in conjunction with internal collaborators and with support from Check Point. They were very helpful and very good at their job.

My return is to have made a single investment and to be able, with that investment, to maintain the privacy and security of the organization.

It is a very affordable tool to implement in an organization.

We looked into Fortinet and Microsoft.

What other advice do I have?

You can use this solution without fear as it gives you security and confidence.

Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade
    September 2022
    632,779 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Basil Dange - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior Manager at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
    Good support and reporting, but the multi-appliance setup process is complex
    • "The solution can be monitored on a single dashboard with actionable insights and reporting."
    • "It does not provide for standalone configuration on the security gateway. Instead, you need to have a management server/smart console for managing it."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is to protect the organization from any attack generated via email. As most of the attacks in recent days are via email, the organization has to be equipped and ready to mitigate this type of attack at the perimeter level, before it has been delivered to the user mailbox or endpoint.

Basic anti-spam filters are not capable of protecting against the latest generation of attacks. So, for protecting the organization against this sophisticated or targeted attack, we concluded that the next generation of Email Security solutions is a must. Ultimately, it should be able to protect against any attack that is sent via email.

How has it helped my organization?

This product prevents sophisticated attacks, such as:

• Phishing Email attacks such as impersonation, spear-phishing, and business email compromise
    • Account Takeover protection, where the primary aim of an attacker is to steal user credentials
    • Protection against malicious files, malicious attachments, and malware. The primary aim of this kind of email is to infect user machines and steal data, or injecting malicious code on a machine so that they can move laterally and infect other machines within the organization, or perform a ransomware attack
    • Protection against data leakage that can be caused by an aforementioned attack, which can result in financial loss or reputation damage to the organization

What is most valuable?

This solution is hosted in an inline mode for the protection of inbound, outbound, and internal email communication. It does not require any change in MX entry on the DNS Server for routing traffic to the service provider for Email Security.

The complete solution can be hosted on-premises for environments where the organization has an on-premises email solution, and it will remain invisible to the attacker.

This solution can be integrated with SandBlast Technology provided by Check Point and its most effective solution is breach prevention.

It can be extended to the cloud as well, for protecting cloud-hosted email.

What needs improvement?

Our solution required multiple appliances, as a single appliance only supports up to 5,000 files. This means that depending upon the number of files that need to be processed, the number of appliances needs to be increased. Essentially, the number of appliances needs to be sized accordingly for complete protection. The increase in the number of appliances makes it difficult to manage in terms of physical connectivity and configuration.

The product performs only basic anti-spam capabilities, compared to CloudGuard SaaS, which provides more robust anti-spamming functionality than the on-premises solution.

YARA rules can be added only using the CLI, rather than through the GUI, which makes it difficult for the administrator.

We are not using the Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade at this moment.

This solution is stable.

This product is easily scalable and a number of devices can be added whenever it is required.

The support and our experience with the OEM were excellent.

Previously, we were using the email gateway along with an additional license to protect against email attacks on the same gateway.

Setting up the product is complex. In the case of a single appliance, it is simple. However, it becomes complex with several appliances.

The solution was implemented with our in-house team along with the OEM.

The setup is complex, as it is dependent on the number of files that need to be processed via the email security appliance.

The cost is competitive with other security products on the market.

We evaluated similar solutions by Cisco & Trend Micro.

What other advice do I have?

This solution should be designed to support all functionality, including use as an email gateway in case the functionality is required, as well as having a strong anti-spam module

System and Network Administrator at Auriga - The banking e-volution
    Would benefit from aggregate logging capabilities, and it does not scale to large email volume
    • "This product integrates well and is easy to manage."
    • "It would be useful to have more logs and in aggregate mode, perhaps through a specific report, that can be more easily used for troubleshooting."

What is our primary use case?

Like any company, we needed an antispam product so we implemented this solution.

Buying this blade was convenient from an economic point of view and we took advantage of it to have a product that is both well-integrated and easy to manage.

How has it helped my organization?

At first, it seemed like a good solution but it wasn't; we have the mail server on site.

After six months, the mail was in fits and starts and the Check Point infrastructure was not responding properly. We realized that we were under a strong spam attack and had to install another antispam product. We were lucky enough to be supported by the Check Point team of specialists, who helped us to identify and solve the problem.

In fact, analyzing the logs was not something that was evident at first sight.

What is most valuable?

This product integrates well and is easy to manage.

It is certainly very beneficial for a small business and works best in combination with other Check Point blades, such as the Data Protection Blade that protects against data loss via email.

It is useful for having alerts on the e-mail traffic trend.

What needs improvement?

Determining areas for improvement is not a question that can be answered simply. I think we should separate the antispam engine into two parts; the first that breaks down mass spam, and the second for refinement.

It would be good to dedicate a separate core at least for the first phase so that it does not take away resources from the system. The ideal approach would be to enrich the product with more functions but this I imagine would also lead to an increase in cost.

It would be useful to have more logs and in aggregate mode, perhaps through a specific report, that can be more easily used for troubleshooting.

We have been using the Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade for six months.

For small mail flows, this product is stable.

This solution is ideal for a small business or if you have a mail server in the cloud and most of the spam is blocked by the provider. It is not good for large email flows. If you require or move to large mail flows, the solution needs to be changed.

Third-party customer service was excellent and the technical team is highly skilled.

Previously, there was no specific solution and we relied on the local antispam engine installed on the clients.

The initial setup is simple and it takes just a few steps.

Our ROI is in line with the investment.

This is a simple system with a very low cost and basic functions, which surely is ideal for a small company.

We tried Apache SpamAssassin but it was difficult to integrate it into our environment.

What other advice do I have?

Unfortunately, the product has not proved up to par. Every component has to do its job; it is an excellent advanced firewall solution and we cannot expect it to do everything but the Spam and Email Blade must do its job well as Check Point does.

Cloud Support - Security Admin at a tech company with 1-10 employees
    User
    Easy to implement with good protection policies and anti-spam capabilities
    • "It's a fairly old solution, however, that has been updated over time to become one of the best manufacturers of security solutions."
    • "The cost is high when putting through Check Point Blade in your Gateway."

What is our primary use case?

This tool is very good. It can be included through the anti-spam blade in our Check Point Gateway and is an easy implementation. The product helped us avoid threats from non-permitted domains and control domains with IPs reported as fraudulent or as threats.

It has helped us to avoid large amounts of spam, which consumed space in our online exchange. With this, we also avoid expenses and also protect our users.

Protection policies were easy to implement to protect us from existing threats.

How has it helped my organization?

Check Point solutions are very good. It's a fairly old solution. However, that has been updated over time to become one of the best manufacturers of security solutions.

Check Point Anti Spam is a very interesting and good tool. It has helped us a lot against modern threats, spam, and domains that are marked as threats. In this way, we have improved business security,

The solution has also been modernized in Harmony. However, this solution is included in our Gateway and makes it easier to use.

It's improved against email attacks greatly.

What is most valuable?

This tool provides several quite interesting features:

1- Ease of Implementation through Check Point Security Management makes it so that it can be implemented through your blade.

2- The blocking policies are very effective. You can provide denial policies by IPs or even by reputation.

3- Monitoring what happens in the perimeter helps verify the tool's behavior in the face of threats, in addition to improving some current vulnerabilities to debug better as we spend time with the tool.

It is an easy-to-use, very good tool.

What needs improvement?

The tool is modernized by Check Point Harmony anti-spam. They can also modernize the tool through their blade.

At the Check Point support level, it has a great slope since the support language is only in English. Service hours are sometimes difficult to find an agent in Latin American hours, so a support case may take longer to resolve than expected.

The cost is high when putting through Check Point Blade in your Gateway.

The documentation is not so easy to validate. Some new users in the Check Point environment have a hard time. Therefore, the guides should be more intuitive.

We currently have a Check Point Gateway administrator through the Check Point Infinity Portal, with the Smart Cloud, where we were able to easily add the anti-spam blade, used for a while with excellent results.

We used email security and anti-spam tools from Microsoft. However, we prefer to have all security solutions centralized.

The cost depends on the license that is acquired. Sometimes adding the license later is somewhat high.

I recommend getting a good  Check Point vendor so they can help you with the requirements and costs as they are not that easy to find.

We have tested and validated other solutions such as those of Microsoft. However, it is more suited to what is sought in these solutions with  Check Point.

What other advice do I have?

The tool is very good. However, they must validate if it meets expectations. There are already more modern tools that do the same at the Check Point level.

SHRINKHALA SINGH - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior Manager at Agriculture Skill Council of India
    User
    Inexpensive with good blocking features and low false-positives
    • "It helped us to achieve process compliance with over 90% effectiveness."
    • "There could be an extension of the trial period to 60 days."

What is our primary use case?

The Check Point Anti Spam and Email Security software blade is a one-stop solution for the restriction and blocking of endpoints and other software threats and completely blocks their entry into the system.

It is the most widely used and has numerous functionalities and utilities. It permanently blocks the potential threat source and multiple kinds of spam mail and messages.

It is integrated into our IT system throughout and blocks over 90% of potential spam, malware attacks, and phishing attempts.

How has it helped my organization?

It helped in doing a high level of scanning of SMTP and POP3 traffic. It also blocks the email from unknown mail senders and checks the authenticity before every mail sending activity.

It helped us to achieve process compliance with over 90% effectiveness. Their in-built smart dashboard helps in round-the-clock checking of the progress done by software in restriction of mails and potential spam attacks on our IT system.

The spam detection rate by this software is highly realistic and does not provide any false positive cases, which is very high in the case of other security solutions

What is most valuable?

It offers a high detection rate of spam and spam mail.

There is complete restriction and entry blockage of potential threats.

It permanently blocks suspicious threats and sources to avoid future attacks.

There's a good trial period provided for complete testing and usage of functionalities by businesses.

There are extremely low false positives which is very rare today in alternative security solutions.

It blocks suspicious IP domains and addresses to restrict any unauthorized entry into our IT system.

It's a cheap alternative to its competitors and offers wide acceptability in the market by many.

What needs improvement?

There could be an extension of the trial period to 60 days. We felt that utilities and functionalities are numerous and can only be tested fully with the extension of the trial period.

It needs more and more robust features around spam restriction and stoppage of malware entry. It can be facilitated so that 100% efficiency can be achieved.

There should be more and more inclusion of technical inputs and feedback from customers and business users. These should be regularly received and introduced so that we can stay relevant.

It's been close to six months now. My parent organization has introduced this solution to us.

The McAfee solution was used earlier.

We used their services due to a long term key association of theirs with us.

The Check Point solutions are highly dependable, and their setup costs and time involved are not costly. It is easy to operate and work with the high-grade functionalities and utilities

Its licensing processing is easy and they have a highly professional team.

We looked into Trend Micro and other Amazon security solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I'd advise others to try this solution. It's a must-have security software for the productive growth of the organization.

Support at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Good ani-spam qualities, good blocking, and an intuitive administration
    • "Due to its technology, monitoring, and manufacturer features, we have been able to reduce the intrusion of spam and other threats that can be uploaded via email."
    • "It is expensive but worth it."

What is our primary use case?

Our need was to be able to provide greater security to business e-mail, avoid possible threats and completely reduce vulnerabilities within our perimeter, realizing that we could use our checkpoint gateway and security management to, through the anti-spam and email security blade, provide business users an additional layer of security do not hesitate to purchase this modern security tool, part of the family of checkpoint tools.

In this way, checkpoint has improved perimeter security by avoiding spam emails within our infrastructure.

How has it helped my organization?

Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade has helped us considerably to improve the company's email experience because due to its technology, monitoring and manufacturer features we have been able to reduce if not completely almost completely the intrusion of spam and spam. other threats that can be uploaded via email.

Thanks also to its anti-spam policies where we can block from a domain, an email subject or any header any type of spam in the company, also thanks to its alerts we can be completely updated about what is happening around our infrastructure.

It also has a large database that is continuously validated to find IPs cataloged with a spam reputation to avoid being able to accept this type of email or domain.

What is most valuable?

With checkpoint blade anti-spam and email security software we have found great features that helped us protect our infrastructure and email, such as:

-Anti spam policies controlled by reputation, domain, ips, which generated greater control and complete reduction of spam in the company.

-Blade integration with our gateway system.

-Complete administration from checkpoint security management server.

- Easy handling and intuitive administration.

It really is easy, powerful and safe for our company, we liked what it gave us.

We have been using Blade for at least two years. We have managed to improve the security experience of our business email.

We have had no problems with the performance of the firewalls.

It performs quite well in cluster solutions or VSS provisioned in Azure.

Previously we used security functions of Microsoft 365, however we wanted to modernize ourselves with a robust tool, which had prestige in addition to centralizing our security environments, for which we preferred to use checkpoint.

The solutions are excellent, expensive but worth it, you could verify some POC to be able to verify it in a test environment, and verify if it adjusts to the needs of your company.

If correct, every serious company should always be able to verify the existing options in the market, cisco, fortinet, microsoft among others.

Hybrid Cloud
    alvarado - PeerSpot reviewer
    Cloud Support Leader at a tech company with 51-200 employees
    User
    Increases security, has good content filters, and offers an easy user interface
    • "With Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security, we have been able to increase our security in the company."
    • "The dependency on the version of management and gateway that you have can make your console look a bit outdated."

What is our primary use case?

We have been improving our perimeter security over time. Previously, we had a Check Point gateway and management to handle all our policies. Later, we found out that by means of blades in our environment and adding more licenses, we could use the anti-spam and email Check Point utility security, for which we chose to verify its operation in the accounts that are in use for some departments to see its operation when blocking certain domains and generate rules to avoid vulnerabilities, for which we began to carry out tests with our environments.

How has it helped my organization?

With Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security, we have been able to increase our security in the company. It was activated in a very simple way. We needed to study the official documentation of the manufacturer to be able to see the scope and its administration, however, it was not complicated. Policies were generated from the most basic to the most complex, generating greater control and security in our email accounts synchronized with our AD. It was really good to be able to test this Check Point technology together with our already acquired and functional devices.

What is most valuable?

I really like the way Check Point products are managed and also how they work in distributed environments. This blade can be easily configured and greatly improves mail security with traditional mail filters.

The content filters work quite well, and, in our company, configurations can be generated that are quite granular and flexible. This provides a lot of comfort in their administration.

Its interface is quite comfortable and intuitive and easy to use. I like how it looks and how the administrators manage to adapt.

What needs improvement?

The Check Point blade could improve perhaps in having an independent solution in the future so as not to be managed if possible through a Check Point gateway. It should be the customer's choice. The dependency on the version of management and gateway that you have can make your console look a bit outdated.

It is an expensive product yet really one of the best on the market. Still, they could continue to improve on it.

In our company, we have used this solution for about four months. We thought it would be interesting to test this blade to see its functionalities in our environment.

We hadn't really used any other solution. Since we were implementing security, we decided to start with Check Point.

It is very important to validate with a vendor who can explain the scope of the solution and detail the costs.

We had already validated scopes from other manufacturers, however, we chose Check Point.

Download our free Check Point Anti-Spam and Email Security Software Blade Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: September 2022