BeyondTrust Remote Support OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

BeyondTrust Remote Support is the #4 ranked solution in top Privileged Access Management (PAM) tools and #6 ranked solution in top Remote Access tools. PeerSpot users give BeyondTrust Remote Support an average rating of 8.8 out of 10. BeyondTrust Remote Support is most commonly compared to TeamViewer: BeyondTrust Remote Support vs TeamViewer. BeyondTrust Remote Support is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 63% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 17% of all views.
BeyondTrust Remote Support Buyer's Guide

Download the BeyondTrust Remote Support Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: December 2022

What is BeyondTrust Remote Support?

BeyondTrust Remote Support is software built to help organizations gain access to and support nearly any remote computer or mobile device with a single solution. BeyondTrust Remote Support works across Windows, Mac, and Linux and gives you access and control whether a device is on or off the network.

BeyondTrust Remote Support Features

BeyondTrust Remote Support has many valuable key features. Some of the most useful ones include:

• Remote access and control: IT administrators have the ability to resolve issues at light speed, improving productivity and also end-user satisfaction.
  • Efficiency and scale: With BeyondTrust Remote Support, you can manage unattended access to any system and you can also create mass installer packages.
  • Compliance: BeyondTrust Remote Support allows you to automatically monitor activity in real time, record all session activity, and produce a detailed audit log without interfering with service desk processes.
  • Team and permissions administration: By using BeyondTrust Remote Support, you can Implement security across your service desk with granular role and permissions settings.
  • Native 2FA: BeyondTrust Verify is a TOTP native 2FA capability. It can be enabled for any user and verifies the identity of users before a BeyondTrust Remote Support session is actually launched.
  • Credential injection: If users integrate with the BeyondTrust Vault or BeyondTrust Password Safe, they can directly inject credentials into systems and end servers with just one click.

BeyondTrust Remote Support Benefits

Some of the benefits of using BeyondTrust Remote Support include:

• Security and privacy: BeyondTrust Remote Support gives support teams quick access to desktops and IT systems without revealing their credentials and passwords. In addition, integrating BeyondTrust Privileged Access complements and controls access to privileged user accounts to protect mission-critical IT systems.
  • Mobile support: BeyondTrust Remote Support allows IT teams to provide instant remote support to mobile device users. The solution also supports Android smartphones and tablets as well as iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch).
  • ServiceNow integration: BeyondTrust Remote Support offers integrated remote support and secure chat.
  • Support across multiple systems and devices: The BeyondTrust Remote Support solution can help your organization achieve reliable remote support for end users and customers using Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, or any other operating system.

Reviews from Real Users

Below are some reviews and helpful feedback written by BeyondTrust Remote Support users.

A Cybersecurity Architect at a tech vendor says, “The most valuable features are the ease of deployment, performance, pre and post-sales support, the vast majority of the localization they have done and the solution provider that they support. You can't compete with TeamViewer or any other similar products. It's completely in a class of its own.”

An Enterprise Service Desk Systems Manager at a manufacturing company comments, "Screen sharing, in general, is pretty important for a service desk. Another thing that I have found to be very helpful is that you can also do screen sharing on a cell phone. When people have an issue with their cell phone, it is ordinarily very difficult to troubleshoot the issue. With BeyondTrust Remote Support, you can share the cell phone screen, and somebody can take a look at it remotely. I am not sure if other competing solutions offer this feature. It is pretty user-friendly. It is also good performance-wise."

PeerSpot user Mark B., Sr VP of Business Operations at Networking Technologies and Support, Inc., explains that he thinks the solution is “Great for delivering end-user support, good at recording sessions, and very stable.

BeyondTrust Remote Support was previously known as Bomgar Remote Support.

BeyondTrust Remote Support Customers

InterContinental Hotels Group, Williams-Sonoma Inc., eBay, Carbonite, Computer Sciences Corporation

BeyondTrust Remote Support Video

BeyondTrust Remote Support Pricing Advice

What users are saying about BeyondTrust Remote Support pricing:
  • "It is pretty pricey. It is not cheap. The licensing structure is not cheap. The tool is not cheap, but in the long run, it is well worth it. It is probably one of the best on the market because it is just so easy to use and easy to deploy. It gave us the ability to see what everybody was doing. It held people accountable. It gave us the accountability that we needed."
  • "I rate Remote Support eight out of 10 for affordability. It's definitely not the cheapest product, but you get a good return on your investment."
  • "It is expensive. Performance-wise, it is pretty good, but we're less happy with the cost. Its licensing is on a yearly basis. It is also on a per-technician basis. A certain number of concurrent technicians can log in and access all the features."
  • "I would prefer that it was more affordable."
  • "Their pricing is a little bit high but it's negotiable depending on the type of client. It is approximately R6,000 per year for a user. I would rate the pricing a four out of five."
  • "The solution is subscription-based and depends on the number of admin users."
  • BeyondTrust Remote Support Reviews

Rich Longo - PeerSpot reviewer
    Vice President of Sales at ServicePro
    A robust, secure, and complete solution for quickly providing support and monitoring what's going on
    • "It is effective. It is a good way of making sure that you're auditing what's going on. It also makes the end-user feel safe that you're not getting into things that you shouldn't be getting into because they're authorizing different areas for you to see. It is a pretty secure tool. It is important as far as security is concerned. It is very effective in terms of the support personnel being able to get the job done when they need to. It is easy for the end-user or the person we're helping out to understand how to allow somebody in to get the work done."
    • "It is pricey. It would be nice if it weren't so expensive because then you could afford more licenses and have more people involved, but I get it. They do have something that's unique compared to some of their competitors out on the market. It is a very robust and safe tool. If the price could come down, that'd be great."

What is our primary use case?

We used it all the time in my previous organization. We don't use these tools here in my current organization. We don't yet have a need for them in this organization. It is a new and young company.

How has it helped my organization?

It is a great tool. It was very effective for what we needed it for. It enabled us to get in there very quickly and easily. It literally took only seconds. By getting in there and being able to fix and address whatever issue an end-user had, it served its purpose.

It also allowed us to monitor what was going on, and we could go back and review later and see what that issue was for talking points for training and things of that nature.

What is most valuable?

It was invaluable because we were able to simply send a link out to whoever we needed to help within our organization. They'd click on the link, and they'd simply give us the permission that we needed to get in there.

We could also monitor what our different support staff members were actively doing when they were trying to fix an issue or problem. It made it very quick and easy. It wasn't anything complicated. It was something that even the lowest-tech type of a person within our organization understood and didn't have a problem with.

It is effective. It is a good way of making sure that you're auditing what's going on. It also makes the end-user feel safe that you're not getting into things that you shouldn't be getting into because they're authorizing different areas for you to see. It is a pretty secure tool. It is important as far as security is concerned. It is very effective in terms of the support personnel being able to get the job done when they need to. It is easy for the end-user or the person we're helping out to understand how to allow somebody in to get the work done.

What needs improvement?

In terms of features, it is a great tool. I don't see any area for improvement. It pretty much provides all the features that you need. I can't think of anything additional. It has everything that you could possibly want.

BeyondTrust Remote Support
    December 2022
    Learn what your peers think about BeyondTrust Remote Support. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2022.
    656,862 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I never had any issues. It was very solid.

There was no problem in scaling it. Originally, we only needed a few licenses. We had purchased 10 licenses, and it was easy to add additional licensing. It was easy to expand throughout our organization. We had different tech teams with different roles, and we were able to work that in pretty quickly. It wasn't a problem at all.

Its users were from the support team. They were responsible for helping out internal folks and external customers with their technical issues. We had several ITSM tools for support throughout North America, including BMC, Cherwell, and Avante products. We were able to use Bomgar to access our external customer's platforms to be able to get in there and see what's going on and fix things for them.

It was very straightforward. There is nothing complicated about it.

Its deployment was done in a day. It was so quick. It didn't take long at all.

I can't remember the latest price, but I know that when we originally started, it was about 20 grand or 25 grand. I can't remember what we ended up with at the end of the day, but it was pretty pricey.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to just follow the simple directions that they give you and use it right away. You'll see the benefit right off the bat. There is nothing that anybody really needs to know about it other than that it is a great tool. There is no reason to look at any other tools because it comes with everything that you could possibly need and protects organizations from any breaches.

Originally, we started out because we were pretty impressed with the tool, and then we became a reseller for them. Initially, when they were really pushing it out there, we started reselling it for them because we really liked the product so much. We haven't been a reseller the whole time. We haven't been a reseller for years for a long time.

I'd rate it a nine out of ten. The only reason why I am giving it a nine is because of the price. The price is just so high. The solution itself is a great solution. It's effective for support needs. Any organization that doesn't consider it and is trying to use other methods probably doesn't care too much about security. They are opening themselves up to breaches if they are not using something like the BeyondTrust tool. The BeyondTrust tool is a safe tool to eliminate any chance of a breach.

Private Cloud
    Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: customer / reseller
    Justin Glasscock - PeerSpot reviewer
    Privilege Access Management Consultant at Integral Partners LLC
    You can connect to a system without end-user interaction.
    • "I like Remote Support's ability to connect to a system without end-user interaction. A support engineer can log in to the system if a user is stuck and doesn't know where to go. This is helpful when conference room computers get locked down and the user can't access the guest OS."
    • "The ability to connect mobile devices could be improved. Smartphones and tablets are becoming more prevalent throughout corporate environments. From time to time, we have problems connecting to those devices. You can't stage the application to connect without a user's input. You had to guide them through enabling permissions for the app. Then they need to enter the URL and session key. It would be great if they could streamline that process."

What is our primary use case?

Remote Support allows the help desk and IT administrative personnel to connect to users' computers as well as kiosks, conference room systems, etc. When I left the company, around 20 employees were using the tool.

The consulting firm I'm working with now focuses on the BeyondTrust privilege access management applications. Our company takes contracts to install BeyondTrust solutions like Password Safe and Remote Support for client companies.

How has it helped my organization?

The two environments where we have Remote Support implemented have satellite offices, so the whole company isn't in one physical location. Remote Support allowed us to centralize that help desk function in one place. We didn't need on-site staff to support the customers.

It was also very helpful because COVID forced us to shift to work from home. Everybody was able to provide the same level of support from from home without any notice of any difference from the rest of the employees in the company.

What is most valuable?

I like Remote Support's ability to connect to a system without end-user interaction. A support engineer can log in to the system if a user is stuck and doesn't know where to go. This is helpful when conference room computers get locked down and the user can't access the guest OS.

What needs improvement?

The ability to connect mobile devices could be improved. Smartphones and tablets are becoming more prevalent throughout corporate environments. From time to time, we have problems connecting to those devices.

You can't stage the application to connect without a user's input. You had to guide them through enabling permissions for the app. Then they need to enter the URL and session key. It would be great if they could streamline that process.

I've used Remote Support for about three years.

The stability of the cloud version was great. We never had any issues with it. We never had any downtime.

Yes, I think so because we started it with just the company that I installed it at was kind of a holding company, so to speak and we started with our central IT team and then started widening the scope, allowing the other unit companies, IT administrators, to be able to use it and deploy it as they needed. So I think it's definitely very scalable.

I would say five their support team has always been very helpful and timely.

I would say setting up the cloud version was fairly straightforward. BeyondTrust stood up the application and then handed it over just kind of blank, the company at the time did not want to pay the implementation cost. So integrated it with Azure for single sign on, set up the group policies, I would say it was pretty straightforward.

So it was kind of an ongoing. Once we got the initials set up and core administrators that would be using the tool set up with local accounts, it did become a more back burner task. I was able to work on it as I was had free time from other tasks. I would say really getting it to the basic usability point of being able to log in on the tool and to be able to connect and help somebody was within a couple hours and then developing the customizations, client deployment installations via group policy, transitioning from using local accounts to Azure AD accounts. If able to tackle in one sitting, probably would've been a few days, but since it was using more free time from other tasks, it was an ongoing process that took weeks and even into a couple of months to kind of get to a very nice deployment flow where everything was set up and easily usable and easy to onboard somebody else into the tool.

Just one person really. Just me.

I would say five. I mean, like I said, you're able to connect remotely. You're able to eliminate the costs of having employees either travel to other locations or station full-time employees there with the ability to deploy clients so that you can use to connect to different endpoints without requiring any user interaction. You're able to connect to those systems that may not be in use at the time, traditionally don't have physical access to the operating system, et cetera. So, definitely very, very good in return. And then once you build it out, the ease of onboarding new administrators into the tool.

I rate Remote Support eight out of 10 for affordability. It's definitely not the cheapest product, but you get a good return on your investment.

At the last company where I implemented Remote Support, we evaluated other solutions like TeamViewer and the built-in Windows assistance tool, but never functionally utilized them.

I believe they also had another tool before.  BeyondTrust Remote Support had the most functionality. The price point was a bit higher than others, but it fit the use case perfectly and had everything we were looking for.

What other advice do I have?

I rate BeyondTrust Remote Support nine out of 10. It's definitely a useful tool. Out of all the products we tried, it had the most features and flexibility, so it's worth implementing.

BeyondTrust Remote Support
    December 2022
    656,862 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Enterprise Service Desk Systems Manager at a manufacturing company with 5,001-10,000 employees
    Supports cell phone and desktop screen sharing, good performance, and user-friendly
    • "Screen sharing, in general, is pretty important for a service desk. Another thing that I have found to be very helpful is that you can also do screen sharing on a cell phone. When people have an issue with their cell phone, it is ordinarily very difficult to troubleshoot the issue. With BeyondTrust Remote Support, you can share the cell phone screen, and somebody can take a look at it remotely. I am not sure if other competing solutions offer this feature. It is pretty user-friendly. It is also good performance-wise."
    • "It is expensive. Its initial setup was also a little bit involved, but it was nothing that we couldn't eventually handle. Currently, it has the ability to share screens. Somebody having an issue with their phone can share their screen with a technician sitting at a computer. It would be nice to also be able to control phones remotely, but this could be a limitation of a phone's operating system."

What is our primary use case?

It is used for remote support for the service desk. We primarily use it for troubleshooting activities. When users have an issue, they call up the service desk or send an email. One of the technicians uses this solution to remotely access their computer. The technicians can see the screens, take control, do some troubleshooting, share files, and implement fixes.

What is most valuable?

It is pretty user-friendly. It is also good performance-wise.

What needs improvement?

Currently, it has the ability to share screens. Somebody having an issue with their phone can share their screen with a technician sitting at a computer. It would be nice to also be able to control phones remotely, but this could be a limitation of a phone's operating system. In Apple's case, we're going to have Apple that's restricting that, but it would be nice to be able to remotely control someone's phone so that we could provide greater assistance in troubleshooting.

We haven't had any issues related to it crashing.

It works well for us now. It is used within the service desk department, and there are only a certain number of people who log in and access remote computers. We have 20 to 30 technicians who are using this solution.

We won't be opening it up to a lot of people or the entire IT department because that would be expensive. Its licensing is on a per technician basis. We would have to buy more licenses if we have more users. This is something that needs to be considered for a large-scale rollout.

If we were to expand its use within our organization, that should be easily doable.  BeyondTrust allows for multiple servers with redundancy and failover, so we could add additional servers where we have the most users in order to handle increased load.

The only time we had to work with them was for the initial setup. Their professional support helped us out with that. It worked well because we did get it set up. We didn't really have any complaints.

Its initial setup was a little bit involved, but it was nothing that we couldn't eventually handle. We have a tool with a button that deploys endpoints. Users can just click on that button, and it'll get them into a queue.

It is expensive. Performance-wise, it is pretty good, but we're less happy with the cost.

Its licensing is on a yearly basis. It is also on a per-technician basis. A certain number of concurrent technicians can log in and access all the features.

We were limited on time, so we did a little bit of evaluation. Later this year, we may evaluate again.

What other advice do I have?

It has worked pretty well for us, but it is probably better suited for larger organizations because of the cost. If you've got a small organization and you need to do a small amount of remote support, a less expensive option would be more suitable.

I would rate BeyondTrust Remote Support a nine out of ten.

Adrian Szwejkowski - PeerSpot reviewer
    Global Endpoint Manager at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
    Easy to set up cloud deployments with good technical support and mobile support capabilities
    • "The solution is stable."
    • "iOS interactive support would be a cool addition. Right now it's a non-interactive view."

What is our primary use case?

We['ve been using the solution for remote support.

The regular use case is regular support for end-users, however, the other value of the platform is the fact that it gives very, very detailed insight capabilities and session recording capabilities.

Another interesting use case is for inviting external support by our partners, locally. We are capable of inviting external support.

The mobile support is rarely used, yet still in place.

What is most valuable?

The solution does offer mobile support.

Setting up the cloud deployment is very simple.

The solution is stable.

We've found the technical support to be quite helpful and very valuable to have.

What needs improvement?

There is a gap in the iOS remote support. I know that it's somehow restricted by the architecture of the platform. It might be good to get some more insights on it. There could be some insights into reporting, including better reporting capabilities. That would be helpful as well.

The licensing is very expensive.

We've been using the solution for five years.

The product is very stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

We find that there is potential for scaling. The scalability requires some effort, however, especially within the on-premise environment.

In terms of usage, we've got around 50,000 users who get supported by it and the actual operators of the product are around 2,000 people.

We do not plan to increase usage. It will be hard to extend its use from the current levels.

Technical support has been very valuable. We are happy with the level of support.

Previously, we tried LogMeIn and we tried TeamViewer as well.

BeyondTrust had much better auditing capabilities and was putting a lot of effort into ensuring that the solution is secure enough. We chose it mainly due to the capabilities that BeyondTrust provides, within the area of auditing, session control, and session insights.

For the on-premise environments, the initial setup was quite complex. That was not due to the solution, however. Rather, it was the complexity of the local environment.

The cloud setup was quite simple. The only challenge is the life cycle of those remote agents.

We do not need a large team to handle maintenance. There are two people globally maintaining it.

The solution is very expensive.

We are billed yearly.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the latest version of the solution.

We have two environments. One is on cloud and one is on-premises.

I would advise potential users that if they need best-in-class, then definitely they should look at BeyondTrust. That said, you have to keep in mind the cost of it.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

Director CTO Office at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    Provides a secure method of access and flexibility to support many customers with few licenses
    • "Offers a secure method of access without having to install agents everywhere."
    • "Lacks remote support and privileged remote access in the one product."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this product is for remote support. Customers will call in with an issue and we connect them with an engineer. Some of our engineers also work remotely.  I'm the director in the CTO office and we are customers of BeyondTrust.

How has it helped my organization?

Allows seamless access to client environments without installing agents everywhere.

What is most valuable?

Having a secure method of access without having to install agents everywhere is a good feature. It also offers the flexibility to support many customers with few licenses.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see remote support and privileged remote access built into the same product. That's lacking in the solution and means that we need to buy two completely different tools that are 90% similar? The PRA and the remote support are the same product. For some reason they sell them separately and we need both. I don't want to buy two different products.

The company has been using this solution for three years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable although there's a cost involved. We have both manager services and professional services people using it. Our IT manager is the person who deals with upgrades.

I don't deal with technical support but I haven't heard any complaints. I think they're okay.

The company previously used a different solution and I think the reason they switched was that with BeyondTrust you didn't need to install agents while the previous solution was agent based. Other than that, I don't think there was much between them.

I don't know what licensing costs are but I believe it's on par with other solutions when we did compare that. It may be a little more if you have many concurrent sessions needed.

What other advice do I have?

It's important to understand the purpose of the solution. Professional services is one thing, manager services is another. It's about PRA and remote support, they do two different things which is why I'd like to see them combined because we usually need both pieces of functionality. You need to understand your use case before you engage with any company that you're trying to get a solution for.

I rate this solution an eight out of 10.

Milos Tolpa - PeerSpot reviewer
    IT Engineer at FormatPC
    Reseller
    Feature-rich, secure, and allows for recording and auditing of support sessions

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the products that we implement for our customers. It is used for providing secure remote support and allows you to control the support staff. You can see what they were doing on the machines and provides them the ability to work in a secure manner. It is done through a secure connection, where everything is recorded and can be audited.

What is most valuable?

This is a very secure product.

There are a lot of features available.

What needs improvement?

Technical support for this region can be improved.

We have been working with BeyondTrust Remote Support for a few months. We have really just started selling them, so we don't have a great deal of experience yet.

The is a stable product.

This solution is scalable and can support a lot of users.

The technical support is okay, although, for this region, it is a little bit tougher. They are expanding the market but I think that at the moment, they are not focusing on non-EU countries.

It is easy to deploy. It can be an on-premises physical appliance or a cloud-based virtual appliance deployment. You just need to set the policies and the users.

It is an expensive product, although it is secure and of high quality.

I would prefer that it was more affordable.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, this is a really nice product that is really secure and I can recommend it to other users.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

Ben Masuku - PeerSpot reviewer
    Business Development Specialist at Wire Speed Systems`
    Remote access software that provides recordings and screenshots of sessions useful for audits
    • "We like that it records the remote sessions. If a technician is logged into a user remotely to fix any problem, it records the decision."
    • "They need to ensure that the remote support is compatible with the other cloud solution providers, like Huawei. Currently it is only compatible with Azure, AWS and KVM."

What is our primary use case?

Technical engineers use this solution to assist their staff remotely. It enables the IT technician to connect remotely to an end user laptop and do some troubleshooting if that user is having challenges.

What is most valuable?

We like that it records the remote sessions. If a technician is logged into a user remotely to fix any problem, it records the decision. It takes screenshots and it saves those sessions in the cloud. This is important for audit purposes and these features make this solution stand out from the rest.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for three years.

This is a stable solution.

This is a scalable solution.

Their support team is very responsive. They have experienced engineers and we have direct contact with them if we need anything for a client. They are just a WhatsApp away.

I would rate the support for this solution a five out of five.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The initial setup is a very straightforward process. We do have engineers who are certified so its easy for us. I would rate this solution a five out of five.

Their pricing is a little bit high but it's negotiable depending on the type of client. It is approximately R6,000 per year for a user. I would rate the pricing a four out of five.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partner / Reseller
    Sales Engineer at a government with 201-500 employees
    Automatically recorded sessions provide a useful history of coding and scripting
    • "Remote sessions are automatically recorded so there is a history of all coding and scripting."
    • "We sometimes have trouble accessing servers because of credentialing and multifactor authentication issues with PAM."

What is our primary use case?

Our company uses the solution to provide remote access control for our customers who onboard between 100 to 1,000 assets.

Use cases can also include bridging active directories, servers, and databases.

What is most valuable?

Remote sessions are automatically recorded so there is a history of all coding and scripting. Notes and videos can be attached for both customers and service partners which is powerful.

Managing user accounts is easy.

What needs improvement?

The solution should offer free training modules that focus on integrations for various servers, platforms, and devices.

We sometimes have trouble accessing servers because of credentialing and multifactor authentication issues with PAM.

I have been using the solution for three years.

The solution is stable with proper integration and I rate it an eight out of ten.

The solution has rolled out a new environment with modified inner core that makes it very easy to scale and add assets or users.

I rate scalability an eight out of ten.

The setup can be simple or complex because it depends on the size of the customer's environment. Setup and deployment can take from two weeks to three months.

Two engineers work on each project to onboard assets and set up users.

Our service partner implements the solution for customers.

The solution is subscription-based and depends on the number of admin users.

Previously, the solution's pricing was based on the number of assets.

Pricing is comparable to One Identity but is too high.

What other advice do I have?

I rate the solution an eight out of ten.

Download our free BeyondTrust Remote Support Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: December 2022