AppDynamics Mobile Real-User Monitoring OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

AppDynamics Mobile Real-User Monitoring is the #6 ranked solution in top Mobile APM tools. PeerSpot users give AppDynamics Mobile Real-User Monitoring an average rating of 9.0 out of 10. AppDynamics Mobile Real-User Monitoring is most commonly compared to Broadcom DX Application Performance Management: AppDynamics Mobile Real-User Monitoring vs Broadcom DX Application Performance Management. AppDynamics Mobile Real-User Monitoring is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 73% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a financial services firm, accounting for 31% of all views.

Download the Mobile APM Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is AppDynamics Mobile Real-User Monitoring?

How do real users experience your native mobile applications? Follow their journey and optimize their experience with powerful end-to-end performance management that rapidly identifies application issues and relevant business transactions —  from device to data center — and dramatically reduces MTTR.

AppDynamics Mobile Real-User Monitoring Customers

Sony, DirecTV, UBS, The Container Store, The Neta Porter Group, Nasdaq, Cisco, eHarmony, Hallmark, Overstock, Expedia

AppDynamics Mobile Real-User Monitoring Video

AppDynamics Mobile Real-User Monitoring Pricing Advice

What users are saying about AppDynamics Mobile Real-User Monitoring pricing:
"It does require licensing to be paid."

AppDynamics Mobile Real-User Monitoring Reviews

Regional Director (CEER) at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
Easy to set up with good stability and an excellent technical support team
  • "We have found the scalability to be quite good."
  • "There may be some older technologies that are still covered, however, it's not as plug-and-play. You can still do it, however, it takes slightly more effort for engineers to cover old technologies such as C++, Delphi, and so on. It still can be done. It's just not as easy as, for example, covering Java."

What is our primary use case?

There are various use cases. For example, one of them can be for a mobile bank. Mobile banking is something that is being used more and more with customers. Based on the fact that the architecture of applications is being more and more complex and more and more distributed while having a deep view of what the user is experiencing on the mobile or on the browser. It's really valuable. This is true especially for a bank, as the user experience really explains or defines the services. You want the mobile bank to work quickly and you want it to be stable and you want to basically perform all the actions within seconds, not over 10 seconds for every action.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very stable.

Technical support is extremely fast and responsive.

We have found the scalability to be quite good.

The initial setup isn't difficult.

What needs improvement?

I'm not sure I know how I would improve the solution, as I'm mostly pre-sales and sales and I don't have any deep insight into the technical side that could be improved.

There needs to be the capability to modify the code for mobile.

There may be some older technologies that are still covered, however, it's not as plug-and-play. You can still do it, however, it takes slightly more effort for engineers to cover old technologies such as C++, Delphi, and so on. It still can be done. It's just not as easy as, for example, covering Java. Java is just a matter of configuration and clicks.

I'm not sure precisely when I started using the product. it's likely been about two years or so. We started using it when AppDynamics released the feature.

Mobile APM
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about AppDynamics, VMware, HeadSpin and others in Mobile APM. Updated: November 2022.
655,113 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The stability of the solution is very good. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. We have very good technical support as well, and, if we run into issues, things are dealt with very quickly.

The scalability is great. If a company needs to expand, it can do so.

We have a really close relationship and technical support is really one of the best on the market. We've worked in the past with different vendors and they took months to get fixes or to get new features. In our case, support really took their responsibilities to another level. We get support in days for our clients - not months.

The initial setup is not complex or difficult. It's quite easy. That said, in many cases, there is no modification of the code. It cannot be done within the settings of the server. For mobile, that is something small to be included. Modifications need to be able to be made however, it's really not significant. There is no overhead in development, et cetera. It's really easy to use.

Pricing is always subjective. If somebody has a critical application without visibility, then for them, surely it's worth the money, as it provides a proactive approach. If your business depends on the revenue, which is generated online and with the application and service delivery, then you surely want to see it and, in that case, the cost may not be the main factor. I really can't say anything about the pricing. It's not cheap. However, it depends on the client. Many clients are using it and they have no issues with the price.

What other advice do I have?

The deployment model depends on the client and their desires. Some prefer a private cloud. Others use it as a service.

I would easily rate the solution at a nine out of ten. I removed a point simply due to the fact that I don't know everything. For me, everything is really good. All the feedback from clients, all the examples we show at sales and pre-sales are great.

Private Cloud
Hugo Almeida - PeerSpot reviewer
Head of IT Automation at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Good real-time monitoring, reliable, and a wide variety of useful features
  • "There are many features that are very valuable to us, but the ability to monitor the status of the users' experience in real-time is one of them."
  • "I would like to see a better way to automate actions based on the events generated by the tool."

What is our primary use case?

AppDynamics Mobile Real-User Monitoring is an application performance management tool.

The platform itself is divided into different modules, each of which can be enhanced with additional modules. We work with End User Experience Monitoring, both server monitoring, and application performance monitoring.

AppDynamics Mobile Real-User Monitoring is used to monitor user experiences when evaluating and deploying applications for the company.

What is most valuable?

With Dynatrace, AppDynamics Mobile Real-User Monitoring is one of the best tools on the market.

There are many features that are very valuable to us, but the ability to monitor the status of the users' experience in real-time is one of them. I can see in almost real-time whether or not our users are having a positive experience when using our applications.

What needs improvement?

One of the things that we would like to improve a little more is the dashboards. The dashboards are good, but I believe that they could improve even more.

It would be helpful to have a better way of seeing the status of our applications and we can customize the information that is displayed a little bit more.

We moved our focus, and I'm now more working with Cisco AppDynamics. AppDynamics is a brand that was recently acquired by Cisco, but it continues to be known as AppDynamics.

I have been using AppDynamics Mobile Real-User Monitoring for six months.

We are using the latest version because it's SaaS.

The stability of AppDynamics Mobile Real-User Monitoring is very good. It can handle a wide range of applications and traffic.

AppDynamics Mobile Real-User Monitoring is scalable.

We have more than 20 people who are managing the application.

The initial setup was completed before I joined the project.

We have a team of three people to maintain this solution, but it may not be enough.

The solution is not free. It does require licensing to be paid.

What other advice do I have?

I recently joined and I am currently working as an external consultant for the team.

Because of the nature of the tool, the main piece of advice is to work in close contact with the developers of the applications that we are monitoring.

We are Cisco partners.

I am very pleased with this solution, but there is still room for improvement.

I would rate AppDynamics Mobile Real-User Monitoring a nine out of ten.

Download our free Mobile APM Report and find out what your peers are saying about AppDynamics, VMware, HeadSpin, and more!
Updated: November 2022