Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

ZoneAlarm OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

ZoneAlarm is #11 ranked solution in top Anti-Malware Tools. PeerSpot users give ZoneAlarm an average rating of 8.4 out of 10. ZoneAlarm is most commonly compared to Microsoft Defender for Endpoint: ZoneAlarm vs Microsoft Defender for Endpoint. ZoneAlarm is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 46% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 43% of all views.
ZoneAlarm Buyer's Guide

Download the ZoneAlarm Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is ZoneAlarm?

ZoneAlarm protects you by preventing hackers from remotely accessing and controlling your device, and lets you know which apps have excessive permissions so you can decide whether they threaten your privacy.

ZoneAlarm Customers

Terma, Optix, Samsung Research Amercia, SF Police Credit Union, Independence Care System, Mattias Thomsen, Carmel Partners, Desert Research Institute, CRIF, FXCM Inc, US State Agency

ZoneAlarm Video

ZoneAlarm Pricing Advice

What users are saying about ZoneAlarm pricing:
"This is a freeware product and I recommend using it."

ZoneAlarm Reviews

Adriamcam - PeerSpot reviewer
Consultant at ITQS
Reseller
Maintains continuity, prevents malicious attacks, and offers helpful configuration capabilities
  • "The solution maintains reasonable scalability."
  • "They should release a single update with all the necessary characteristics to avoid being in a cycle of consecutive updates."

What is our primary use case?

Six months ago it was decided to include a new tool in the security part of it since some users bring their own device or sometimes work from their personal device. For this reason, we started using Zonealarm for two months, however, some functionalities did not work. We decided to acquire Extreme Security since it comes with all the features and it caught our attention since we could extend its use to more employees with different operating systems. During these six months, it has provided us with excellent security solutions and thus controlling the security of each device that enters the company.

How has it helped my organization?

One of the reasons that this tool was acquired was for a BYO monitor. It has been feasible for us. However, if we find a problem that is not available for macOS devices or we have not also found a way to link them, centralized management would be a good option to improve it. Another aspect to improve would be the part of the documentation to make it more reliable and have direct documentation since there is a lot of information. However, it is a bit confusing. Apart from the support, it also does not work much since many engineers do not have the experience or are using a guide to provide a solution which one already looked for, and they repeat the steps.

What is most valuable?

What we have noticed is that ZoneAlarm presents updates regularly in a certain part, however, having many updates still means that the tool is not yet 100%. For the moment, it is fulfilling the necessary functions for which it was acquired and has not has provided us with anti-malware, ransomware security. This has helped us to prevent malicious attacks on our employees who have their own device and with this solution, we have maintained the continuity of the company without any penetration or theft of sensitive information. Its installation and configuration are very interactive however, there are some confusing points. That is where the documentation is not very clear and precise.

What needs improvement?

One of the first parts that should be improved is the updates. They should release a single update with all the necessary characteristics to avoid being in a cycle of consecutive updates. As a rule, the tool works very well; it fulfills the functions with which it was created, and It goes a little further with security, which seems excellent to me. In the documentation area, they should make it more friendly and specific so as not to go to a support engineer for some basic things. However, rather more complex things should occur in one step.

ZoneAlarm
September 2022
Learn what your peers think about ZoneAlarm. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
635,162 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It has approximately six months of implementation in the organization.

Apart from constant updates, it maintains excellent stability.

The solution maintains reasonable scalability.

The support experience needs improvement.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

This is our first solution for this type of software.

The implementation is easy, fast, and simple to perform.

The implementation was done with the organization's IT team.

So far, it has been a good investment since the important thing is the safety it offers.

The installation was easy. l installed the intermediate configuration to achieve an efficient administration. The cost is a competitive price in the market.

No other solution was evaluated since we started with the trial.

What other advice do I have?

The only this to improve are the documentation and support.

Cloud Support - Security Admin at a tech company with 1-10 employees
User
Cheap and light but it's hard to find the costs
  • "It gives us security for the users' mobiles and ends up protecting us in a significant way."
  • "I would like it to be integrated with the Check Point centralization solution like Infinity Portal. It would be great to be able to manage it through the same website."

What is our primary use case?

Some departments require being part of the company to be able to establish security on their devices. For users who are not in the company, the Check Point ZoneAlarm was activated. It's a tool from Check Point that can provide security that is more limited, yet the Check Point seal provides guaranteed reliability.

This tool provides security in the mobile devices of vendor users who use their devices a lot as part of labor guarantees.

How has it helped my organization?

We have succeeded with this tool, which is more limited yet no less secure. We were able to install it on mobile devices owned by the user as a security guarantee for them.

It is a cheaper tool, however, it has helped us to protect the information against malware, ransomware, and viruses.

It is a super reliable tool that we have been able to validate through its monitoring and its way of providing security. It is supported by all Check Point technologies.

What is most valuable?

This tool is very good, safe, and cheap. It gives us security for the users' mobiles and ends up protecting us in a significant way.

Apart from being very easy and very fast, during the implementation, the client does not perceive the application on his device, which makes it transparent. The users are very happy since it does not affect its performance.

Despite being a more limited tool, it is protected with all the advanced Check Point anti-threat technologies, which makes it an incredible tool.

What needs improvement?

This tool also needs improvements that can be made over time.

I would like it to be integrated with the Check Point centralization solution like Infinity Portal. It would be great to be able to manage it through the same website.

I would like to be able to find the costs of Check Point tools more easily, in a public way. like some other manufacturers.

Since sometimes it is complicated. You have to have a partner for everything, even if they are some simple things that we could do ourselves.

We've used this tool for testing for more than three months. It's ideal for departments with security needs without being able to spend so much on security.

We have used some other mobile apps. However, currently, we prefer Check Point tools.

It is important to find a partner that can help you with these solutions, see the requirements, and can recommend the best solution.

We always evaluate the tools available in the market. We look at implementations, costs, and scope, and then make the decision.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend all Check Point security tools. Some are expensive. Others like Check Point ZoneAlarm are cheaper. Users can do tests to evaluate, in addition to verifying their costs and adjusting.

ZoneAlarm
September 2022
635,162 professionals have used our research since 2012.
alvarado - PeerSpot reviewer
Cloud Support Leader at a tech company with 51-200 employees
User
Improves security, reduces vulnerabilities, and offers good malware protection
  • "It has improved the security of our Android mobiles."
  • "They should improve the support provided."

What is our primary use case?

In our company, we seek to control the security of the mobile devices of the users who connect to the company on occasions with said devices, for which, thanks to our partner, they told us about the possibility of using zone alarm to protect ourselves against malware, viruses, and web filtering to avoid attacks, all in order to avoid vulnerabilities at the edge of our perimeter. Some users also use company mobiles and it was important to protect them, which is why we chose to use this technology and it has really been of great use and great value.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved the security of our Android mobiles. It helps us to avoid any type of threat that may reach them. It is important to know that mobile devices are not generally protected, for which we believe that this security campaign must be complete. We trust Check Point. In addition to incorporating anti-malware, which is one of the best current security options, we are already covered in the face of this type of threat.

We appreciate having greater security both in equipment and mobile devices.

What is most valuable?

One of the most important features for our company is the anti-malware which covers more recent threats such as ransomware. We want to avoid a threat of this type in mobile devices to prevent an internal vulnerability in our infrastructure, for which it is the most valued tool for us.

All senior management trusts more. We have made every effort to be safer and avoid a loss of current work continuity.

Also, its installation is very simple and does not consume many resources which are friendly to the environment.

What needs improvement?

They should improve the support provided. Sometimes, sessions are only possible during certain business hours. They are also only available in English, and generally, they are not as effective as other brands at the SLA level. I would recommend trying to improve on these areas for customers to be more satisfied with the service provided.

The documentation must be updated. On the internet there is a lot of information that is already out of date, which generates problems in knowing which details are the latest.

We began to use this antivirus for the mobile phones of the company's collaborators in order to provide protection on their devices when they also access the company's perimeter.

Previously, we used the Microsoft options, however, we wanted a more robust solution.

It is necessary to look for a partner that will help them with all the necessary information both for implementation and correct licensing.

We looked at several companies, however, we liked Check Point's options the best.

Kirtikumar Patel - PeerSpot reviewer
Network Engineer at LTTS
Cost effective, regularly updated, and is very easy to use
  • "This antivirus is regularly updated, and the updates can be scheduled."
  • "Currently, the client is only available for the Windows Operating System but it would be good if it were released for Mac OS as well."

What is our primary use case?

We are using ZoneAlarm Antivirus + Firewall for our employees who have BYOD devices. It is implemented at our one small branch office, where we do not want to purchase it because this is a temporary location.

This is a free version that lets us protect our users with CheckPoint security.

ZoneAlarm provides us with very good security and we are using both of the modules. This includes antivirus as well as firewall features, and it is very easy and stable for us.

We are doing regular scanning of our employees' BYOD devices and it's updated regularly.

How has it helped my organization?

Our organization does not want to purchase a new CheckPoint hardware firewall but we still want to protect our users or employees and their BYOD devices with it. This is why we started using the free CheckPoint ZoneAlarm solution.

In today's scenario, it is helpful to have this kind of solution, which is freely available in the market. It is only CheckPoint that offers this type of leverage to secure our organization freely.

What is most valuable?

This Zone Alarm Firewall & Antivirus is freely available, so we can use it without investing dollars or rupees. Once you are satisfied, you can buy additional features because this option also available.

This antivirus is regularly updated, and the updates can be scheduled.

What needs improvement?

Currently, the client is only available for the Windows Operating System but it would be good if it were released for Mac OS as well.

There is no centralized management available, so this is something that I would like to see in the future.

We have been using ZoneAlarm for more than six months.

This is the solution only we used for our small office.

This is a freeware product and I recommend using it.

We did not evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a great solution and I personally recommend it.

Download our free ZoneAlarm Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: September 2022