SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer is the #7 ranked solution in Network Traffic Analysis tools. PeerSpot users give SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer is most commonly compared to Cisco Secure Network Analytics: SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer vs Cisco Secure Network Analytics. SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 61% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 19% of all views.
SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer Buyer's Guide

Download the SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer?
SolarWinds Netflow Traffic Analyzer enables you to capture data from continuous streams of network traffic and convert those raw numbers into easy-to-interpret charts and tables that quantify exactly how the corporate network is being used, by whom, and for what purpose.

SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer was previously known as Netflow Traffic Analyzer.

SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer Customers
Oceaneering International, Asia Pacific Network Information Centre, 335th Signal Command, Immofori
SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer Video

SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer Pricing Advice

What users are saying about SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer pricing:
  • "SolarWinds' pricing structure is the primary reason why some customers opt for another solution such as ManageEngine NetFlow Analyzer. In NTA, you are charged per port, meaning that if you have a 24-port switch you will be charged for 24 individual nodes. ManageEngine NetFlow Analyzer, on the other hand, charges per switch, such that if you add a switch, the entire switch will count as one single node."
  • "We have licenses for SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer. In terms of pricing, its license is not that expensive versus other tools such as HP."
  • "I don't have information on the licensing cost for SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer because it's bundled with another SolarWinds solution. My organization has seven different models and pays for the license yearly. My organization also had to deploy additional pollers, but the cost wasn't very expensive, though I can't give the exact numbers."
  • "We pay yearly, and we are happy with its price."
  • "Pricing for SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer is very high. I have a customer that needs the solution but doesn't have the budget for SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer because the problem is that you can't use the solution only. You have to buy requirements such as the SolarWinds NPM first, and some companies don't have the budget for all the required components and modules. SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer can cost up to $10,000, and some customers don't have that budget. Another product has all the modules that SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer has, with a very low price, that can be a replacement, which is ManageEngine NetFlow Analyzer. PRTG is another solution that can replace SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer."
  • "Licensing for SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer is paid yearly, and there are no additional costs that you need to pay apart from the standard licensing fees because you don't need to purchase another solution to make SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer work. Pricing for SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer is more expensive than other solutions."
  • SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer Reviews

Muhammad Asif - PeerSpot reviewer
    Consaltant at a consultancy with self employed
    Reseller
    Good real-time traffic reports, but uncomfortably high pricing and mediocre support
    • "The bandwidth monitoring functionality is one of the most important features for our customers. When the customer notices that their bandwidth usage is too high for some reason, they will use the traffic analysis within SolarWinds NTA to identify which protocols (e.g. HTTPS) or applications are using up the bandwidth."
    • "One area that we struggle with is the price. Because the price of this solution is so high, we are largely unable to introduce it into the local market, and only the banking sector has the means to afford it."

What is our primary use case?

We are a distributor for SolarWinds Network Traffic Analyzer (NTA) and the majority of our customers are in the banking sector. For security reasons, we deploy the solution for our customers on-premises (it's not allowed to be cloud-based).

Our customers' standard use case for SolarWinds NTA is the monitoring of bandwidth and all the traffic flowing through their networks.

What is most valuable?

Another solid feature of SolarWinds NTA is their reports. They offer real-time traffic reports that show updates every five to 10 seconds.

What needs improvement?

For the most part, our customers are satisfied with the features already present within NTA, as they mainly use it for checking to see if their bandwidth usage is okay and within reason.

The biggest reason for this is because SolarWinds charges their users per ports, such that if you have a 24-port switch, they will charge you for 24 nodes, rather than count it as one single switch. In contrast, solutions such as ManageEngine NetFlow Analyzer charge users per switch, which they count as a single node.

Besides the pricing, I also think that the technical support could be better. When we call SolarWinds' tech support, it usually takes at least 10 to 15 minutes for a response. And when you send an email, you will again have to wait some time for a response, and sometimes this can be upwards of four to five hours.

I have been working with SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer for two years.

SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer
    November 2022
    Learn what your peers think about SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
    656,474 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I would rate SolarWinds NTA a seven out of ten in terms of stability. In my experience, it is more stable than solutions such as ManageEngine NetFlow Analyzer, which occasionally has issues with server hangs when viewing real-time reports.

As an enterprise-level product, SolarWinds NTA is certainly scalable. Our customers in the banking sector are able to purchase more than 1,400 nodes at a time, and some customers have purchased up to 15,000 nodes.

The technical support from SolarWinds for this solution is average, in my opinion, and the response times could certainly be improved. We have to wait 10 to 15 minutes for a response when calling them, but when emailing them they sometimes only get back to you four or five hours later.

As a result, we have found that it's much more sensible to call them directly to get a ticket number and start the support process from there.

The setup is not very complicated. The first time I saw it, it looked difficult, but now it's easy to configure.

The price is high, and typically only suitable for our customers in the banking sector. In the local market outside of banking, customers are not interested in SolarWinds NTA because it is so expensive.

Two others solutions that we can compare with SolarWinds NTA are SolarWinds NPM (Network Performance Monitor) and ManageEngine NetFlow Analyzer.

We have found that our banking customers prefer SolarWinds NPM compared to NTA because in NPM you can also view factors such as CPU and switch utilization, and check which ports are up or down. On the whole, they can monitor much more with NPM, and this is especially important for the banking sector. When it comes to networked devices such as ATMs, NPM provides good notification features where customers can be notified via email or SMS whenever an ATM link goes down.

ManageEngine NetFlow Analyzer is another similar solution to SolarWinds NTA, but it's not nearly as good compared to SolarWinds NTA and NPM in terms of real-time reporting. ManageEngine NetFlow Analyzer's reporting seems to suffer from server hanging issues and it sometimes takes a minute or more to update the reports.

What other advice do I have?

Overlooking the pricing and the response times from their technical support, SolarWinds NTA is a good solution and our existing customers are satisfied with the product.

I would rate SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer a six out of ten.

Rajasekhar Maturi - PeerSpot reviewer
    Technical Lead at Wissen Infotech
    Reseller
    User-friendly and helps in troubleshooting issues and analyzing utilization
    • "What the network team found most valuable in SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer is that it helps them to troubleshoot or analyze the issue. For example, traffic that comes from our location: India, goes to the US, so for the network team to analyze where the traffic comes from and where it is directed, and whether the packets are being dropped, they use SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer. The network team also likes that through the solution, they can analyze the complete traffic utilization and how they're going to use it. SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer is user-friendly. The team finds it comfortable to use."
    • "There are some areas for improvement in SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer. There are some challenges with the solution when compared to other monitoring tools such as difficulty in operations and difficulty with backup installation. My team is currently trying out different solutions but would need to see how it goes."

What is our primary use case?

I use SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer to get insight into the traffic from different locations, even if there are no interfaces or routers. The solution helps me to clearly understand if there is an issue, for example, if traffic is being blocked, what exactly the issue is, and anything else that the network team needs to look into.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

There are some areas for improvement in SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer. There are some challenges with the solution when compared to other monitoring tools such as difficulty in operations and difficulty with backup installation. My team is currently trying out different solutions but would need to see how it goes.

What I'd like to see in the next release of SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer is a change in the way data is being collected and displayed on the graph. Currently, data is being measured every fifteen seconds, but it would be better if it's measured in minutes, in particular, five, ten, or fifteen minutes. As an administrator, I feel it would be easier and more helpful if SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer collects data every five, ten, or fifteen minutes, rather than in seconds. Doing this would also give more accurate data.

I've been using SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer for the past eight years.

SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer is a stable solution. It works perfectly. Sometimes, there may be services that hang because we're doing something in the backend, so we'll just restart the service and that'll be taken care of. Stability is not a problem with the solution.

I haven't used the technical support for SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer.

I utilize multiple tools and I can say the same for my company and the clients. The reason for choosing SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer over other monitoring tools is that it's very comfortable to use. It's a user-friendly tool.

The initial setup for SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer was easy. There was no problem with setting it up. From start to finish, deploying the solution took two hours, but if you'll do some configurations, it could take more time.

We have licenses for SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer. In terms of pricing, its license is not that expensive versus other tools such as HP.

What other advice do I have?

Currently, I'm using version 4.6 of SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer.

I'm a tech lead and I'm in different teams, and my company supports different clients. Clients have consultations with my team of fifty members.

I would recommend SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer to others because it's very easy to use. Once the solution's installed, you can immediately use it to find issues and gain insight into the traffic that comes from different locations. It can also analyze whether packets are being dropped and at what time and on which day. SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer is also a lot better in terms of cost when compared to other tools, so I'm recommending it to others.

I'm rating SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer eight out of ten. What would make my rating a ten is if the display of data or the reporting is improved. For example, rather than me selecting different graphs to see the data I need, if I could see everything such as the minimum, maximum, and averages in terms of data in one shot or in one timeline, that would raise my rating from an eight to a ten.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: customer/reseller
    SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer
    November 2022
    656,474 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Diego Del Pozo Saiz - PeerSpot reviewer
    Communications Technician at Grupo Antolin
    Easy to deploy and well-integrated; has useful default graphs and responsive technical support
    • "What my organization likes best about SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer is its easy deployment. It's also well-integrated in terms of monitoring because my organization also uses a SolarWinds solution for monitoring. You can connect SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer directly to that monitoring tool to get information. My organization also finds the default graphs that appear before the configuration in SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer very useful."
    • "What needs improvement in SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer is performance because sometimes, my team struggles too much for the solution to perform correctly for a specific deployment in my organization. Having a more detailed view in SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer is another area for improvement, but that's more part of the protocol than the actual solution."

What is our primary use case?

We're mainly using SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer to analyze high usage in one of our interfaces in our MPLS data providers. When we have high usage, we check the reports on SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer to find out what devices are being used more. We also use the solution to analyze specific connections to ensure access.

What is most valuable?

What my organization likes best about SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer is its easy deployment. It's also well-integrated in terms of monitoring because my organization also uses a SolarWinds solution for monitoring. You can connect SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer directly to that monitoring tool to get information.

My organization also finds the default graphs that appear before the configuration in SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer very useful.

What needs improvement?

What needs improvement in SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer is performance because sometimes, my team struggles too much for the solution to perform correctly for a specific deployment in my organization.

Having a more detailed view in SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer is another area for improvement, but that's more part of the protocol than the actual solution.

I'd like to see better performance in the next release of SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer. I'd like it to be faster to drill down and move into different views. My organization typically works with the interface view. It would be good for SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer to have additional widgets that would allow you to drill up or down from the widget.

We've been using SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer for more than six years.

SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer is a stable solution.

SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer is a scalable solution. You just need a license based on the number of your interfaces.

It's been a long time since I've contacted the technical support team for SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer, but my experience is that the team was very responsive. You get information from support really fast, but I've been managing and getting into the daily operation of SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer as it's up and running, and there's now a local service providing enough support for my organization, so I don't have a very recent experience with SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer technical support.

Based on my experience, I'd rate support a five out of five.

The initial setup for SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer was straightforward, but it was a long time ago. My organization has just been updating the solution.

Deploying SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer only took two or more hours, particularly installing, enabling, and updating the interfaces.

A third party implemented SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer for my organization.

I don't have information on the licensing cost for SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer because it's bundled with another SolarWinds solution. My organization has seven different models and pays for the license yearly. My organization also had to deploy additional pollers, but the cost wasn't very expensive, though I can't give the exact numbers.

We tested some free applications from Netflow ten years ago but quickly moved into SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer.

What other advice do I have?

SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer is used by the NAC and Communication teams almost daily. Three to seven people use the solution heavily. Still, it's also available for use by local IT teams within the organization, so the total number of SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer users could be between one hundred to one hundred and fifty people.

For the maintenance of the solution, one person is enough.

I'd recommend SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer to others.

My rating for SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer is nine out of ten.

My organization is a customer of SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer.

Control Department Head of Information Security at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Provides good response for managing the traffic, but doesn't provide information about the endpoint that is downloading heavy files
    • "For managing the traffic, it provides you a response about whether the traffic is down, up, or heavy, which is a very powerful feature. It has a good response time. We have been using this solution for many years, and we don't have any problem with this solution."
    • "If your network is on SolarWinds, and you notice that the traffic is bad because it says "user downloading a heavy file," it doesn't indicate which endpoint is downloading those heavy files. SolarWinds doesn't have the tools to be able to handle this kind of situation. You can just notice through your network device that the traffic is becoming overwhelming or heavy, but you cannot go inside and get more details related to the endpoint where it is happening. We would like SolarWinds to be able to handle this kind of situation and even manage the traffic inside a network from the endpoint to the network device. These would be good enhancements. It is mostly stable. The problem comes only when we want to add another SolarWinds model. SolarWinds has so many models, and sometimes when we want to add other models on the platforms that are reserved for our firm, it freezes. When this happens, we have to create a new VM for that model."

What is our primary use case?

We use many SolarWinds solutions. We use SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer mostly for monitoring the traffic and ensuring that everything is working well. We use it to manage and monitor the traffic and check if the connection between the two sites is well.

What is most valuable?

For managing the traffic, it provides you a response about whether the traffic is down, up, or heavy, which is a very powerful feature. It has a good response time.

What needs improvement?

If your network is on SolarWinds, and you notice that the traffic is bad because it says "user downloading a heavy file," it doesn't indicate which endpoint is downloading those heavy files. SolarWinds doesn't have the tools to be able to handle this kind of situation. You can just notice through your network device that the traffic is becoming overwhelming or heavy, but you cannot go inside and get more details related to the endpoint where it is happening. We would like SolarWinds to be able to handle this kind of situation and even manage the traffic inside a network from the endpoint to the network device. These would be good enhancements.

I have been using this solution for around seven years.

It is mostly stable, but there are issues with stability when you want to add another SolarWinds model to the platform.

It is good for small and medium enterprises. We have ten users who use this solution in our organization. This solution is mostly used by network administrators, and currently, they don't have another project to increase the usage of the solution.

Their technical support is good.

The initial setup isn't complex.

We have an internal team that manages this solution.

We pay yearly, and we are happy with its price.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution if your need is really about monitoring the traffic. It gives good feedback for monitoring the traffic, and it is a good solution for that, but if you want to do more than that, I would not recommend this solution.

It is a good solution for small and medium enterprises. It is good for enterprises that are not too big and don't have too many networks.

I would rate SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer a six out of ten.

Dr. SureshHungenahally - PeerSpot reviewer
    Chief Executive Officer at Suraksha
    Fast and easy to deploy with good pricing
    • "It doesn't cost too much."
    • "I'm expecting to see a little bit more artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms. They need a bit more sophistication in that."

What is our primary use case?

We deployed it with one of the hospitals for network infrastructure. Then we deployed into a hotel system in the Middle East for the FIFA World Cup. In the data center, it's just magic.

What is most valuable?

The configuration and ease of deployment are great. Within half a day, you can start seeing the traffic data coming in. Over a period of time, you can gradually improve the quality of the data and the sampling rate. For example, let's say you have got a new network or a new extension to a network, and you want to see its behavior. You cannot wait two or three days as you'll get hacked. With this, within a few hours, you can just bring the MPM or APM, any other SolarWinds product, and immediately you can start seeing the traffic coming in.

The deployment is fast and easy.

It doesn't cost too much.

What needs improvement?

I'm expecting to see a little bit more artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms. They need a bit more sophistication in that.

We'd like more user input into the analysis, not just what they provide. It'll be good to put some user inputs like business timing, high volume of traffic, et cetera. With that, we could be more responsive.

All analytics could basically be more in-depth.

I've been using the solution since 2015, about seven years.

We have six large clients using the solution right now.

Support is very good. You raise a ticket, you get a response, and they're technically good. That's what the main thing is. We get the help we need.

To actually install and deploy, you need about two hours. You need half a day to ensure the client data is coming in and that NetFlow is turned on so we can start seeing the traffic, SNMP traps, and all of those things. Turning on the things to the client devices takes time. However, for SolarWinds itself, it's two hours to get going.

You only need one and a half people to handle deployment and maintenance. They could be anyone from an engineer to a senior engineer, a CCMA, or CCMP.

All SolarWinds products are very affordable.

What other advice do I have?

It's gone through an evolution. I have used about four or five versions of the product and the whole family of products. It's been great overall.

You can use a cloud or on-premises deployment model.

I'd advise potential new users to get the trial license and get a company to help and do a proof of concept. A POC would only take about two weeks - not more than that.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

Arsene Feudjio Tsopgue - PeerSpot reviewer
    Consultant at AC Consulting
    Reseller
    Has an application visibility feature, responsive technical support, and offers good documentation and training online
    • "What I like about SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer is that it's useful for analyzing traffic. It also has an application visibility feature that lets you control applications."
    • "An area for improvement in SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer is application visibility because some applications aren't being recognized correctly. You can see applications such as Facebook and YouTube, but SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer needs to have more visibility into more applications. Currently, SolarWinds fails to detect more powerful applications, such as Zoom and Teams. If SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer can recognize every application and be able to report on each in terms of bandwidth, then that would be good. This is what I'd like to see in the next release of the solution."

What is our primary use case?

SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer is used for traffic analysis for networks and companies.

What is most valuable?

What I like about SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer is that it's useful for analyzing traffic. It also has an application visibility feature that lets you control applications.

What needs improvement?

An area for improvement in SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer is application visibility because some applications aren't being recognized correctly. You can see applications such as Facebook and YouTube, but SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer needs to have more visibility into more applications.

Currently, SolarWinds fails to detect more powerful applications, such as Zoom and Teams. If SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer can recognize every application and be able to report on each in terms of bandwidth, then that would be good. This is what I'd like to see in the next release of the solution.

I've been dealing with SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer for ten years now.

SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer is a very stable product. I don't have any problems with it in terms of stability. I implemented it for a customer in Cameroon and it's very stable, and it's good to deploy.

SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer is very scalable. You just need additional architecture to scale it, but there's no problem with scaling it.

The technical support for SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer is good. Support is responsive.

Pricing for SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer is very high. I have a customer that needs the solution but doesn't have the budget for SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer because the problem is that you can't use the solution only. You have to buy requirements such as the SolarWinds NPM first, and some companies don't have the budget for all the required components and modules. SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer can cost up to $10,000, and some customers don't have that budget.

Another product has all the modules that SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer has, with a very low price, that can be a replacement, which is ManageEngine NetFlow Analyzer.

PRTG is another solution that can replace SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer.

What other advice do I have?

I'm still working with SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer. I sell it to enterprise customers, such as telecommunications companies, logistics companies, etc.

My advice to anyone who wants to implement SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer is to have training on it first. I like the solution because it has good documentation and training online. It has a supportive community. You should have basic training before implementing SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer to avoid problems in the architecture, project, target, etc.

I would rate SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer as nine out of ten.

10 Kavi - PeerSpot reviewer
    Owner at Kavi
    Reseller
    Scalable, easy to set up, and has a report customization feature, but its pricing is expensive and support could be better
    • "What people found most valuable in SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer is its report customization feature."
    • "As people always complain about the pricing for SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer, it's an area for improvement in the solution. People find it expensive. Another area for improvement in SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer is support, as it could be better."

What is our primary use case?

As all networks have bottlenecks and some problems, people would like to understand the source of the issues, so they choose to buy SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer.

What is most valuable?

What people found most valuable in SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer is its report customization feature.

What needs improvement?

We've sold SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer for around two years.

Stability-wise, SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer is eighty percent stable.

SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer is a scalable solution.

Support for SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer was done over email, but it's not good enough. On a scale of one to five, my rating for the support team is three.

We decided to become distributors for PRTG, after working with SolarWinds.

The initial setup for SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer was easy. It could take two hours depending on the network size.

Customers did the deployment for SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer through in-house teams.

What other advice do I have?

I have experience with SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer because my company was previously a SolarWinds distributor. My company is now a PRTG distributor, particularly an exclusive distributor, to protect resellers. SolarWinds has several distributors in the area, so my company decided to go with PTRG.

My company provided the latest version of SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer.

SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer was deployed on-premises because it was what people wanted.

My company was a reseller of SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer.

Two persons can handle the deployment and maintenance of SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer. One technician or engineer from the customer-side, and one from my company.

I wouldn't recommend SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer to others, unless pricing is lowered.

I'm rating SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer seven out of ten. I didn't give it a higher score because it's an expensive solution.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partner/Reseller
    Mining Manager at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
    A good solution for traffic analysis with knowledgeable customer support

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is traffic analysis.

What needs improvement?

The solution can be improved by including a blog portion with SolarWinds NTA and also advanced money for logs.

We have been using this solution for approximately six years.

The solution is stable.

We have had a good experience with customer service and support. They are knowledgable and cooperative. I rate our experience with them eight out of ten.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We did not previously use any other solution.

The initial setup was straightforward. I rate the initial setup process as eight out of ten. It took approximately two weeks because we had to implement VR with it.

Implementation was conducted in-house.

I cannot comment on the price as another team handles it.

What other advice do I have?

I rate the solution an eight out of ten. The solution is good, and the technical support team is cooperative, but the solution needs better log management and log coordination with tools.

Download our free SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: November 2022