IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Siebel CRM OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Siebel CRM is #7 ranked solution in top CRM tools. PeerSpot users give Siebel CRM an average rating of 7.0 out of 10. Siebel CRM is most commonly compared to Oracle CRM: Siebel CRM vs Oracle CRM. Siebel CRM is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 66% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 32% of all views.

Download the CRM Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Siebel CRM?
Oracle's Siebel Customer Relationship Management (CRM), the world's most complete CRM solution, helps organizations achieve maximum top- and bottom-line growth and deliver great customer experiences across all channels, touchpoints, and devices.
Siebel CRM Customers
Hover Automotive India Pvt. Ltd., Lawn Tennis Association, Tªrk Telekom, Bouygues Telecom, City of Atlanta, IGEPA IT-SERVICE GmbH, ec4u expert consulting AG, Salud Responde, Sascar, Banca Transilvania, UL, Ingersoll Rand, The Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB
Siebel CRM Video

Archived Siebel CRM Reviews (more than two years old)

Senior Manager Enterprise Integration and Order Management at a comms service provider with 5,001-10,000 employees
Good order management and accounts management, however it's quite a heavy solution
  • "The solution's order management pack is quite fantastic."
  • "The solution itself is very heavy."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to get an almost 360-degree view of a customer. If you can see a customer, you can have a view of all the technical assets which the customer has. We use product subscriptions and subscription management right from onboarding a product to a customer's account, all the way through to upgrading or downgrading that product and, of course, termination.

We also use it for customer interaction management. When a customer places a call to the call center, we use Siebel to review their history and see how you can support the customer in terms of any query your customer has.

What is most valuable?

The solution's order management pack is quite fantastic.

Customer and accounts management as well as subscription management are all great aspects of the solution.

What needs improvement?

The solution itself is very heavy.

If Oracle can provide a better cloud version, they could provide a cloud dated version that can be deployed on a microservice.

There needs to be a way to move things in and out of the cloud, and the solution shouldn't just run on an Oracle cloud either. they need to also ensure users can use any cloud provider, including AWS, Azure, Google, etc.

The most important thing they need to do is offer cloud-native support. A lot of benefits that come with the cloud-native implementation can be realized.

The solution needs to auto-scale and offer horizontal scaling.

I've been using the solution for over a decade. It's been 11 years or so now.

CRM
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Microsoft, Salesforce and others in CRM. Updated: July 2022.
622,645 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution has quite a complex set up, however, once it stabilizes, it becomes very reliable. There is no frequent downtime, though it's tightly coupled to the database so if the Siebel database does experience some degradation, it will impact the performance of the application.

We have a lot of users. In the call center, we have about 2,000 agents logged into the solution. At our peak, we have over 2,500 users on it.

We really use it extensively every day. We don't have plans to increase usage, however, maybe in the future we will upgrade to a more cloud native version.

The solution's technical support has been impressive. Whenever we request support from Oracle, in terms of whether the features raised are in demand, etc., they are very responsive and knowledgeable. Even though they just upgrade products, they really assist us when we need it.

The initial setup is not straightforward. It was complex, at least when we originally implemented it.

What other advice do I have?

We're just an Oracle customer.

I'd advise organizations considering the solution to get the right partner to implement the Oracle Siebel CRM for them. The partner will be even more essential if the company decides to go for a cloud-native version of Siebel CRM.

I would rate them seven out of ten overall.

it_user855795 - PeerSpot reviewer
Assistant Vice President at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
User
A strong database model which needs improvement in UX/UI

Siebel CRM has a strong database model, workflow and integration tools.

However, there are areas that this product has not evolved at par with global industry trends, including the UX/UI and cloud capabilities.

CRM
July 2022
622,645 professionals have used our research since 2012.
IT Leader at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Functionally is very rich with a lot of challenges related to user adoption and performance

What is most valuable?

Opportunity, Siebel Marketing, Accounts and Service Request.

How has it helped my organization?

We moved from an excel sheet to Siebel so it did help us initially in digitizing CRM related business processes and was positioned as single source of truth for CRM.

What needs improvement?

User Adoption, User interface, Performance.

I have used Siebel for over 6 years before moving on to Salesforce.

Lots of issues during deployment starting from installation of software to configuration to customization.

Yes, one of the feature PIM sync resulted in a memory leak after 200 concurrent users.

Not really apart from the features mentioned above (PIM Sync).

6/10

4/10

We switched from Siebel to Salesforce.

Very complex (User setup, Account imports, EIM on Opportunity, Marketing). In summary, we had to struggle a lot to get the software running with all relevant data.

Mix of both. Our challenges were very unique to us however we were satisfied with the vendor's expertise.

$5 million setup cost, our last day-day operation cost was approx $3 million for 3000 users.

Yes, SAP CRM, Peoplesoft CRM

Technical Associate at a real estate/law firm with 10,001+ employees
Pros: integration, customization, escript. Cons: browser dependency

Valuable Features:

EAI, Workflows

Room for Improvement:

Make it browser independent

Use of Solution:

4 years

Deployment Issues:

Server may response very slowly if effective Load balancing is not done.

Stability Issues:

Yes, only when Server load becomes very high.