We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Salesforce Sales Cloud OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Salesforce Sales Cloud is #1 ranked solution in top CRM tools, top Opportunity Management tools, top Sales Force Automation tools, and top Partner Relationship Management tools. PeerSpot users give Salesforce Sales Cloud an average rating of 8 out of 10. Salesforce Sales Cloud is most commonly compared to Camunda Platform: Salesforce Sales Cloud vs Camunda Platform. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 39% of all views.
What is Salesforce Sales Cloud?

Salesforce Sales Cloud is the most widely used of sales tools and sales automation software, speeding and streamlining all phases of sales from lead management to analytics and forecasting. Thanks to Salesforce Sales Cloud, more than 100,000+ customers and 2 million subscribers worldwide can manage people and processes more effectively, pursue more business in less time, and close more deals.

Salesforce Sales Cloud was previously known as Sales Cloud, SFDC, Salesforce.

Salesforce Sales Cloud Buyer's Guide

Download the Salesforce Sales Cloud Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Salesforce Sales Cloud Customers
Coca-Cola Enterprises, Kuoni Global Travel Services, Financial Times, Just Eat, Jobsite, H.R. Owen, PlayerLayer, O2, DMGT, Philips, Xtreme.ie, Business Stream, Remote Asset Management, Dialogue Group

Salesforce Sales Cloud Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Salesforce Sales Cloud pricing:
  • "In terms of investment value and return of the investment, Salesforce right now is pretty good on the Western markets where the price of the employees is pretty high."
  • "You need to pay for the license per user per month. For example, you need to pay $100 per user. If you have 200 users using your Salesforce, that would be multiplied by a hundred, that's $20,000 per month and a quarter million per year."
  • "It is a premium product, so it is not the cheapest solution. I think if it's implemented well, and you're getting the soft cost benefits, the efficiencies, it's justified. But not if you're looking at just apples for apples as a subscription, without the complexity that you can achieve. It can deal with complex business requirements. Some other CRMs can't. But you certainly pay, so it's a premium-charged solution. It's one of the more expensive ones."
  • "My understanding is that Salesforce is a little bit expensive, but in terms of the efficiencies, automation, and visibility, I think it's definitely value for money."
  • "I've seen the prices for Salesforce Sales Cloud, but I haven't been the one to handle the money. As someone who's only visually looked at the price, I would imagine it's on the pricier side, but they do have a ton of leverage, and seeing that everyone I've worked for has always been dedicated to continuing Salesforce. I've never worked for anyone who has threatened to leave. Everyone has accepted the pricing for what they offer."
  • "It is alright for now because we ended up getting a discount off the base price. So, for now, it is okay. We may have to renegotiate when we get more users, and I don't know if the price would stay the same or increase. It has just a standard licensing fee. If you end up hiring a consultant for implementation, you will have to pay for the implementation. Other than that, there are no additional fees."
  • "The main issue is the price. Because it's SaaS, you will have to pay on a monthly or yearly basis."
  • Salesforce Sales Cloud Reviews

Team Lead at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    Has good flexibility but is slow to handle feature requests
    • "On the high level, it's all about managing the clients, managing the opportunities around those clients, managing the tasks, calls, activities, all those things."
    • "One area where the solution could improve is with handling feature requests."

What is our primary use case?

Our main use cases for the solution are B2B directions, some presale activities, and some of our service manager activities, which are mainly requests for supplies, certain products.

We do re-house implementation, sales calls for our B2B segment, so it's business to business. We are actually covering all of our sales interactions with our clients within Sales Cloud, just trying to keep the information in one place and all of the activities, according to the sales cycle, within the Sales Cloud, within the certain records inside Salesforce.

How has it helped my organization?

The main way the solution has improved the organization is by giving a good understanding of how the salespeople should be tracked, how to restructure their work. Normally salespeople can be disorganized, so we have people who do something which is very difficult to track. However, some people won't do anything until the deadline is tomorrow. So all of the directions, all of the processes should be tracked and sales will give you the understanding. If a salesperson is working to discover a relationship with a client and is trying to sell something, it can be very easy, very intuitive, with very few fields.

Then you can see if something is moving on or still at the same place for months or even years. You can easily identify it by creating the opportunity and seeing whether you made progress or not. As long as you understand how it should be tracked, the only thing is left to go to sales and say that you expect anything you do to be reflecting this in a certain record, and either I see the progress there, or I can see there's no progress at all. You can say that you're doing something, but if I do not see it within the system, it does not exist.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features is with management within Salesforce. This is one of the important parts of the process we have right now in place.

First of all, the point of view that Salesforce gives you on certain object models normally satisfies the biggest parts of the business. In a lot of business scenarios, because the sales process is more or less at a high level the same, in different areas, it's been changing. On the high level, it's all about managing the clients, managing the opportunities around those clients, managing the tasks, calls, activities, all those things are already pretty fine on Salesforce.

Flexibility is the second point I would like to mention. The flexibility is pretty high and we can set up different scenarios. We can use different pools, both with developer experience and with development experience, making things automated within Salesforce. So it gives you an opportunity for not just a flexible set up, the processes you would like to set, but also to automate the things and make the automation for different scenarios, like providing emails, assigning leads, assigning the right clients to the right people. And also automate that during the sales cycle, if we're talking about providing the resources and providing the information resources.

And I would say the interface isn't perfect, but it's much better than the other CRM systems can provide. So it's not 100% modern if they're talking about making it 21, but compared with the competitors, you can see that Salesforce is way better in terms of user experience. Working the system, it's much more intuitive, it's more user-oriented, user friendly than the other systems I had in my previous experience.

What needs improvement?

One area where the solution could improve is with handling feature requests. Salesforce has its own community all over the world and people submit ideas saying, okay, that's what's needed. The number of requests is pretty high, and all of these requests are stored for years, but people need these. These features that I requested really sound obvious, but they're still for five, four, six years remaining just the same. When you search for a feature and find that someone created a request years ago, and 6,000 or more are saying, "yes, of course, we need this," it's an obvious feature. It's not that difficult to implement but the waiting line can be up to 10 years long.

One of the features I'd like to see in a future release is a way to see the updates of all the records that I follow. Not an email notification, but a single page to see the information for all the records I'm following. There is a solution that can partially satisfy this need in Salesforce Classic, but it's also classic and old-fashioned, and we would not like to promote the initial sales software within our firm. We are trying to keep Salesforce Lightning as the main tool. Rather than asking the commercial director to switch to Salesforce Classic, just to see a part of the information, but if you need both, we'll be able to give it.

The other area that is definitely a waking point for me is the integration with Slack. Slack is pretty popular and we're trying to launch it as well. The basic integration that is out-of-the-box is pretty small. Having both of these products in the product portfolio in the same company, we actually really expect to have it highly integrated for different scenarios, like task assignments, following notification, so even the same balance can be done within Slack and assigned to a certain account record in Salesforce. There is a huge field for improvement; right now these two products are pretty separated, despite the service.

And the third thing I would say is a Salesforce strategy. A lot of countries, all over the world are trying to protect personal data. And the limitations are increasing here and in new territories, like China, Russia, India, Arabic countries, GDPR regulation, European Union, all of these things that you require the new response from the platforms that are actually dealing with this personal data, personal information. Salesforce itself, its data is a GDPR compliance system, out of the box. The only funny thing is it's two digital compliance until you start entering the personal data there. As long as you are entering personal data there, so they can do some GDPR compliance, in terms of Russian regulation, Chinese regulation, Arabic countries' regulation. It's definitely something that we expect to be improved.

I've been working with Salesforce Sales Cloud for three and a half years.

The stability and performance of Sales Cloud itself, which is provided by Salesforce, is pretty good. We are pretty satisfied with it. We didn't have any huge lags in months with Salesforce downtime; some certain tools that we actually implemented ourselves, were not the level of reliability of Salesforce, though. But that was something we implemented in our own home. The problem was not with Salesforce, but really the tools, the way we actually implemented it.

Ease of scalability depends on where we actually are scaling, and if we had a certain predicted behavior, such as we have a new region to sell, we have a new person in the new region or have a new account, etc. It definitely requires not just some maintenance, but some developments as well.

We have approximately 100 users in our company. We're using the solution more and more often. Initially, it was a certain form where sales just gave everyone the opportunity. Then we came to the decision, we want this as a system to direct those people on a regular basis. Now we have a regular meeting and the information from Salesforce is checked by the commercial director. We're trying to introduce the solution to see the broader picture, the full pipeline for targeting the client, and finishing the client when you've closed the case.

Technical support has been pretty helpful, in those rare cases I actually use it. During my previous experience, which was also connected with Salesforce, we had some strange cases escalated to Salesforce, and the answer was, okay, we will fix this in one of our upcoming releases. But that was a matter of half a year, and we had a business stopping issue. But after a certain escalation, we actually managed to do this fix earlier. However, we expected it to be faster.

Previously, I've worked with this SAP, and I was working with a custom regionally developed CRM system based on the Microsoft platform. Salesforce has better flexibility and orientation to the user. SAP has perfect functionality and it's really powerful. However, I wasn't fulfilled with the SAP for five years before I actually left SAP. It was like people who developed it just forgot about the end-users. So the interface, how the end-users actually interacted with the system, was horrible. Salesforce is way better. However, SAP also had the best effort in giving data during the later five years.

The initial deployment can take time. We started the project in February, and the deployment was in June, end of June. Five months, and we are not talking about the prerequisites, because we gathered the business scenarios we need to finish the analysis. So if you're talking about the analysis and prerequisites as well, so it will three months more.

Update deployment prevents a lot of issues, as it gives you the opportunity to change the things that can be badly influencing the production system. So you invest some time to get a deployment done. It still takes hours to deploy and there is a certain benefit behind this. The more time spent on deploying, the fewer issues on production. However, there is certainly fuel for improvement there.

The initial deployment was a group of about 20, involving people from different parts, both development, quality assurance people, admins, business analysts, business representatives, salespeople, pre-sales people department. So this group was much broader than future deployments.

There is only one person who actually doing update deployment for us. However, the more we grow, the more people will be involved in the deployment. And we work with the vendor because certain parts of our implementation require the help of Salesforce authorized companies which help us to do this. And there were more people than one to do the deployment because different groups of people were involved in the development. To merge the codes of different groups of development, we required the efforts of recruiting people. Either two or three people were involved in the deployment; they were not only our internal team working with the development.

Right now I'm operating on the Russian market, and in terms of investment value and return of the investment, Salesforce right now is pretty good in the Western markets where the price of the employees is pretty high.

Here in Russia, the country has a cheaper workforce, so the investment into Salesforce Solution is questionable, in terms of the return on the investment. The price model, is oriented on the best markets and there is a certain sense of investment in Salesforce there; but here in Russia, prices for the workforce can do the same thing easily. It's the 21st century, probably manual work should be reduced each day. We think if we look at this problem in terms of the investment, it will be a big question if it's worth the money, as Salesforce is pretty expensive.

What other advice do I have?

The biggest advice that I can give to anyone considering Sales Cloud is to develop a good pre-analysis before the implementation and don't overload the stages of the opportunity. Think what the main purpose of these stages is. The best way to make it work for salespeople and for the commercial department is to structure it that way, that it will now reflect the stages of the penetration to the client. Pursue methodology, when we have targets, interact, propose, close. It's not just throwing the opportunity between the different departments, but it's complete and clear and simple, which is very important. You don't have 20 stages, but you have five certain career stages, which actually reflect the steps when you're closer and closer to the deal. Not in terms of working with the documents, but in terms of structuring the sales process in terms of the penetration to the clients.

Also, very close to the implementation, the final day of the goal, dedicate as much time as possible to the data migration. Dedicate as much time as you have, consider doing data migration; it will be difficult. We will have a lot of migrant issues rolling the data from the previous system to the new one. So two or three weeks is the shortest period that should be dedicated to that purpose.

I would rate the solution a seven out of ten.

Srikanth Pasupuleti
    Salesforce Technical Architect at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
    Vast, configurable, and offers great ROI
    • "The development cost, maintenance cost, everything will be drastically reduced - unlike traditional infrastructure where we maintain everything on our own."
    • "With the solution being very vast, they need to prioritize features."

What is our primary use case?

I help implement solutions for customers like retailers and the automotive industry. It's used typically to help them with the cold sales process and help them go digital as much as possible into the cloud solutions. That's where we recommend Salesforce solutions based on the discovery we do with customers. We help implement the Sales Cloud platform for the customers. It's a software as a service primarily.

How has it helped my organization?

From the company perspective, the benefits would be the quicker return on investment, especially into the sales and service model. It's great for any company deeply into the sales and service model. In terms of investing in Salesforce, which could be Sales Cloud or Service Cloud, two of the offerings that come from Salesforce, the biggest win when I reach out to customers is showcasing to them the quickest way to ROI.

What is most valuable?

From the customers' point of view, if someone is using this product, Sales Cloud, since it is software as a service, it's pay as you go. The development cost, maintenance cost, everything will be drastically reduced - unlike traditional infrastructure where we maintain everything on our own. With Salesforce being a cloud computing solution, that's less of a headache.

I pay for a number of users who will be using the system in my company. It's license-based and there are various plans available based on the size and type of the organization that I have. That gives a lot of flexibility. You don't need to have strong developers or coders to build something moderately complex. You can do it using a few clicks.

It's really vast. The features that we have and everything else that we can do on the platform are really vast. Salesforce keeps coming up with a lot of new ideas to make sure people can learn this in various ways very easily. They're also targeting importing the admins - not only the developers. They want everybody to be able to click and configure rather than read through some code, et cetera. That's a positive side. Salesforce has been doing a very great job in bringing that to all people as much as possible.

It's a great product and most of the customers are getting a benefit out of using Salesforce.

What needs improvement?

With the solution being very vast, they need to prioritize features.

So many features being released can be a bottleneck for 90% of the customers. Salesforce has it in their roadmap for the near fix. There are some things that have been on the roadmap for a long time, and there's just so much. You wish they could get certain things out faster.

One thing that's lacking, especially when I talk to a lot of customers, is the forecasting and revenue capabilities. That's missing from the Sales Cloud itself. You don't have a great way of forecasting or projecting revenue or growth from the information that you currently have in Sales Cloud. That requires a lot of customization and dependencies with a lot of other systems. It would be really great and attract more customers if that becomes readily available out of the box.

I wish the licensing costs and everything else would really become feasible for most of the customers. If it was more affordable, Salesforce would continue to see a lot of customers using their product.

I've been using it quite for some time. It's kind of my day-to-day interaction.

There will be hiccups around releases sometimes. Salesforce releases will be four times a year. Every quarter they do release major upgrades and a lot of new features across the clouds of sales, service, and marketing as well as several other clouds. At times, we see some bugs introduced unintentionally due to the new features or upgrades. In 99% of the cases, Salesforce is quick enough to fix them with an immediate patch or release. In very few cases, they wouldn't be able to and they will take a little bit of time. It may take a couple of months to apply the fix.

Overall, it's great. I have never seen the system being down due to a bug or an upgrade. On the other hand, there could be incidents with the DNS or the network provider - issues with the hardware side that could bring down your sales, for instance, for a few minutes or a few hours. The worst I have seen was one day - and that's in my entire decade Salesforce career.

It's easy to scale. It's 100% scalable.

I happen to work for all types of businesses, meaning startups to large enterprise organizations. Salesforce also offers an unlimited edition which is the premium one. It's a little pricey, however, you get all the features and benefits. Typically, large enterprise organizations will go with the unlimited edition. You can have a professional edition or a couple of other types. People choose enterprise versus professional based on the size of the organization and the number of users who would use the system.

80% of clients are happy with it and are likely to keep using it.

Technical support is very good. Tech support comes based on the type of edition that you're using. If you are a premier customer, you have thousands of users and licenses. If yours is the unlimited edition, you will have the A-plus support. If anything comes up, the resolution time is one hour. It goes down based on the type of edition, the type of support package that you have with Salesforce. Overall, it's good. If anything is down in production, they address it within eight hours.

The initial setup is straightforward. They give us some sort of trial log. You take a few weeks and just look around. If you are comfortable, you'll sign the contract and they convert it to the production log, so that trial becomes your sales production.

Typically, unless you are very sure about buying the product, what happens is we recommend, as a consultant, that you can talk to Salesforce and get a trial log. They give you a Salesforce instance. It is not a production instance, it's more of a trial log. The recommendation is you take one or two consultants and set up something really quickly, in a week or two as a prototype, and see if you really like it and your users would like it. You need to ask: are you getting really the benefit of using Salesforce, or not? That would be the quickest way to come to a conclusion, whether this is the right product or not.

Once you want to move forward with Salesforce, we have two options. Either we can get a brand new log, or Salesforce is capable of converting that trial log into your production version so that you can continue to build your stuff there.

One person can do it by themselves in terms of setting it up. You don't need a big team.

There's no maintenance necessary. Once we set it up, it'll be theirs and that's it. You just need to log in and start using it.

Clients have seen very good ROI. Especially users. The data is very good in most of the organizations where we have recommended and implemented Salesforce. That's improving the productivity and they have seen a very good return on investment in several aspects. Some of them are tangible and some of them are soft savings, however, the overall ROI is really good for most of the clients.

You need to pay for the license per user per month. For example, you need to pay $100 per user. If you have 200 users using your Salesforce, that would be multiplied by a hundred, that's $20,000 per month and a quarter million per year. That never stops.

That's a recurring cost. If someone is not ready and hasn't thought through, maybe they would be disappointed in terms of the cost and price. 20% might drop off of Salesforce for various reasons. Mostly, they come to think that Salesforce might not be the right platform for them.

If you get the unlimited edition and a huge number of licenses, the price will go down for sure due to the size of the business. However, if you are starting with really a small fit, it is pricey.

There are additional costs. That depends on, for example, if you have Salesforce Sales Cloud. That's the primary product. After a while, if you decided to enhance or extend it to Service Cloud, you might want to buy a call center product which is Service Cloud.

For that Service Cloud, all you need is additional feature licenses as you already have Salesforce and Sales Cloud on top of that. Some of your users will be part of the call center. In those cases, you will pay a little bit of additional money for those Service Cloud licenses. Again, it depends on the type of product that you're looking for. Those additional features will come with a feature license cost.

We did evaluate other options. We also try to recommend the best product for customers. For example, we go through the requirements and current processes, and everything else as part of the analysis and discovery phase. We see that the phase of the customer and their income and everything else that says the cost that they need to pay for Salesforce. More importantly, we see the day-to-day business that they do. If it is not that heavy, they really don't need Salesforce for what they're doing. In those cases, we recommend building their own solution using Java. It's a one-time investment. They won't have a recurring cost. That's an option for some.

There's also Pega, which is fulfilling Salesforce in the CRM world. There's also ViVA and a few other CRM products competitive to Salesforce, however, they have light pricing and are very affordable. Of course, they're not as super scalable as Salesforce.

What other advice do I have?

We are just end-users. We don't have a business relationship with Salesforce.

Anyone considering Salesforce should choose the right implementation partner. They should consider choosing a professional implementation partner right from the beginning. It really helps taking professionals that can evaluate and tell you right at the beginning whether Salesforce is the right fit or not. Even if it is the right fit, they will help you build in the right direction. It could go completely wrong if you don't have a very good architect in the first place when designing the system. Once you design and start accessing it, you will create a good number of records and data.

Down the line, in a couple of years, if you realize that this model won't work, then it is a huge cost to be paid if you want to redo the whole thing. I have seen this multiple times with a lot of other clients, where they were not really knowledgeable and screwed up and ended up paying more for rectifying everything. Therefore, invest money and time in the beginning rather than being sorry later.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Salesforce Sales Cloud. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
    564,143 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    John Khoury
    Head of Technology & Change Management at My Muscle Chef
    Easily integrates with different ERPs, agile, and can deal with complex business requirements
    • "I like that Salesforce is ERP agnostic. In the past and at different companies, I have implemented new or replacement ERPs. It's best in class. I like that it's a SaaS. I like that it can work on any device—any Windows, Android, or Apple device."
    • "It would be nice if they had an ERP offering or a firm strategic partnership with a best-in-class ERP. So rather than say they're just ERP agnostic, you would pick whichever ERP you want, which is very generic. I think it would have a lot of merit if they partnered strategically with a best-in-class trusted ERP platform or acquired an ERP platform."

What is our primary use case?

It's really the field sales mobility and alignment with the customer-service functions, so Service and Sales Cloud alignment through Salesforce.

We use the SaaS version. Predominantly, it's pipeline management and Salesforce optimization. We are a smaller company, so there are about 80 users working with Sales Cloud.

How has it helped my organization?

In my company, we have very manual backend disparate systems, but the good news is that through Salesforce—not only the Sales Cloud, but the Commerce Cloud—our customer-facing experience is best-in-class with this solution. We give all our customer service and sales teams a shared view of every one of our customers. Obviously, there's all the analytics and now the AI business analytics.

It easily integrates with different ERPs, so we are now, in a progressive manner, implementing an ERP across a large food manufacturing business. There is no down time to the customers because the backend will implement this in terms of finance and operations, but the frontend and sales experience for customers is unaffected because Salesforce is basically ERP standalone, ERP agnostic.

What is most valuable?

I like that Salesforce is ERP agnostic. In the past and at different companies, I have implemented new or replacement ERPs. It's best in class. I like that it's a SaaS. I like that it can work on any device—any Windows, Android, or Apple device. It can also sync with your Office suite, i.e. your Outlook calendar. It has a lot of features: the dashboards, the reporting, the hierarchy, and just the ability to connect to many different technologies and main best-in-class ERPs and other systems, including eCommerce.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see AI leveraged for proactive business decision support. For instance, if some sales trends change, rather than relying on a business analyst to analyze reports, it would be nice to leverage AI so workforces could be notified of changes—be it business intelligence, or capability, whether it's good or bad—so you can respond to it proactively. It would be nice to see this done in a simple, automatic, cost-effective manner.

I was a long-term customer when I worked at Zodiac Marine & Pool, which is a global French company. I was the regional head of IT, which was the chief technology officer. I implemented Salesforce Sales Cloud in the region and worked very closely with the Americas and the EMEA—Europe, Middle East, Africa—counterparts to implement it across the globe. When I was at Hills Limited, which is an Australian public-listed company, I was the head of technology there as well, and I oversaw the whole Salesforce instance, which used Service Cloud, Sales Cloud, and Marketing Clouds. My new employer, My Muscle Chef, is also a large Salesforce customer.

In the earlier days, there were challenges with broadband and internet being cost-effectively and easily available at all times, but now, it's very good.

As long as your business rules and master data is clean, and as long as it's configured correctly, the up-time is excellent. I've never encountered any issues. It's a very trusted vendor. Their systems never have outages. I think there was one outage in 10 years, but it works really well. It's excellent.

It's very scalable. I implemented it in a region and then integrated it globally with my other counterparts for thousands of users. It's very scalable. It's agile. You can scale down or up depending on the term of your contract.

At My Muscle Chef, all the front-facing, customer-facing technologies are basically Salesforce, which basically compensates our current legacy, disparate backend applications. It's all compensated heavily by the effectiveness of how well we use Salesforce. I'm also a chairman of a National Rugby League club called the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, and we are also a Salesforce customer.

We have our in-house team at the moment that deals with the partners, but when I was more technically involved in the implementation of the product, I dealt with customer support. As long as you are subscribed to the relevant type of support, it's excellent. It's global, and if you have 24/7 coverage, you get premium 24/7 coverage. It just depends on what type of subscription you have.

I've had a fair amount of experience with different platforms like Zendesk, SugarCRM, and ACT!. We replaced that with Salesforce. In the last four years, I have had experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM.

I think Salesforce is industry agnostic. It works well across all industries: sales, service, marketing, Commerce Cloud. That is its strength. Some of the less known solutions are more industry or bespoke to the size of the company. SugarCRM is probably more for a smaller, marketing boutique type of organization. Salesforce can do this but can also work in enterprise size companies.

The big challenge I'm finding at the moment is there's a shortage of skills, and if you are implementing Salesforce Cloud, it could be costly from an implementation cost point of view, but once it's implemented, it's a best-in-class solution. So it's the cost of achieving the actual implementation that is a challenge at the moment, with the cost of the labor and a shortage of skills in the Salesforce community.

For the deployment process, we have five dedicated, highly paid resourcers that maintain our Salesforce platforms, but we also work with agencies and partners.

The time it takes to deploy Salesforce depends on the size of the business, but if you want to implement it properly and integrate it with your other ERP or data systems, I would say six to twelve months, depending on how big your business is. But to do this properly, the change management, training, and the ownership and handover to the business will take a minimum of six months. Depending on the size of the business, it can be as long as twelve months if it's done properly.

It is a premium product, so it is not the cheapest solution. I think if it's implemented well, and you're getting the soft cost benefits, the efficiencies, it's justified. But not if you're looking at just apples for apples as a subscription, without the complexity that you can achieve. It can deal with complex business requirements. Some other CRMs can't. But you certainly pay, so it's a premium-charged solution. It's one of the more expensive ones.

The only other additional cost would be support, depending on how complex your business is and how much change is required. At the moment, there's a shortage of talent in the Salesforce community. They're in high demand and very costly to recruit or to have an arrangement with, whether it's in a formal employment or partner arrangement.

One thing Microsoft Dynamics has that Salesforce does not is the full suite of applications in ERP, so that's one of the advantages. While Microsoft CRM is rapidly gaining good rankings in terms of improving, it might not be on par with Salesforce, but the value-add is the whole Microsoft suite of products, so the Microsoft 365, which is Office, SharePoint. These can all integrate with Salesforce, but they can give you everything, including this CRM and ERP all together in a single vendor experience.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution 9 out of 10. It is a premium product.

My biggest advice is to know your scope. Make sure you have buy-in, the executive ,down. It has to come from the leadership down. It can't be from an employee up, otherwise you won't have the buy-in, the optimized use of it. Then form a continuous improvement committee to ensure that you're leveraging the true capabilities of a best-in-class technology. Otherwise, you risk just using it for business-as-usual administration without necessarily leveraging the benefits of a SaaS, where there's ongoing new enhancements and capabilities. Unless you're investing in leveraging those, you're probably not getting the best return on your investment.

Salesforce CRM Lead at a non-tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Features like automation and visibility help us work more efficiently
    • "One of the most valuable features is the automation of Sales Cloud. It gives us the ability to easily—without the use of coding—create automation in order for us to do our work a lot more efficiently, whether it's notification reminders or certain automatic processes. There are a lot of things that Sales Cloud can do that, in my opinion, make everyone's jobs a whole lot easier and give them the visibility they need when they require it, when talking to customers and prospecting. It makes the account management process easier as well."
    • "Sales Cloud could be improved with more training. In general, the training is very good, but you have to really seek out some good options in order to upskill yourself. Another thing, which could also be a benefit, is that Sales is very customizable. If you move from one organization to another, you can see your Salesforce as before, but their Sales Cloud may look completely different from what you're used to. It's not like Microsoft Excel or Trello, where the layout and all the functions are the same. Because it's so customizable, I feel like there is a bit of a learning curve when you inherit another Sales Cloud instance. To be honest, I think that's the beauty of Salesforce because you can customize it so much to fit your needs as a company. It follows your processes and use cases in order for you to get the most out of the system itself."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case of Sales Cloud is for account management. It's usually used by the sales teams, to organize our accounts and actually target certain accounts, to push certain products over to them. We have it linked with our current ERP platform, SAP, to give us visibility on invoices and products, what we call pack sizes, where we can build reports that help the sales teams do their jobs more efficiently. We also use it to create call cases, which is our product complaints process.

How has it helped my organization?

The number one benefit of Sales Cloud is the visibility of accounts. Before, when people were communicating by email, for example, things could get lost in translation. Whereas, now, we can centralize all communication to a specific account. We can then tie it in and create follow-up tasks—based on what we call the chatted posts—on the actual records themselves. Communication has definitely been a lot more centralized, and it gives everyone the visibility needed on their accounts, whether it's on their desktop or even their phone, on the mobile app.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Sales Cloud could be improved with more training. In general, the training is very good, but you have to really seek out some good options in order to upskill yourself. Another thing, which could also be a benefit, is that Sales is very customizable. If you move from one organization to another, you can see your Salesforce as before, but their Sales Cloud may look completely different from what you're used to. It's not like Microsoft Excel or Trello, where the layout and all the functions are the same. Because it's so customizable, I feel like there is a bit of a learning curve when you inherit another Sales Cloud instance. To be honest, I think that's the beauty of Salesforce because you can customize it so much to fit your needs as a company. It follows your processes and use cases in order for you to get the most out of the system itself.

The other thing I believe Salesforce could improve on is the file storage system. Salesforce is very good for its account management processes and automation, but when it comes to file storage, it could use a bit of work to rival that of something like Microsoft OneDrive or SharePoint. With that being said, there is a lot of integration with a tool called Files Connect, which allows you to connect to SharePoint or OneDrive, so it's not an issue moving forward, but it's something that they could improve.

An additional feature we would like to see is better integration. A lot of software is already very well-integrated with Salesforce, directly as well, but I think that because we use SAP, we would like to see more of a direct link. We have one via a third-party solution, but I think that integration should eventually be a lot easier without the use of a third-party. For now, it's still very manageable, though.

I have been using Sales Cloud for eight years now.

The performance is very good. Every now and again, there may be something up with the system, but Salesforce is very transparent when it comes to these issues.

Sales Cloud requires maintenance three times a year, so you need to be ready for when the product launchers come.

This solution is definitely very scalable. We work in a multinational company—in Australia, we have approximately 70 people using Sales Cloud, but we use Salesforce in the other countries as well. In total, I'd guess there are around 2,000 people who use it. Our sales team uses it maybe 30% of the time because a lot of our main selling processes are still external. Given that our organization has a mature customer base, this is the way things have been done for a long time. We're translating processes bit by bit—maybe three projects a year—translating big things in order for us to do it within the Salesforce Sales Cloud CRM. We would like to get engagement up to 50-60% in the coming years, and we'll definitely see that engagement with initial projects that we're rolling out for the coming years and beyond.

Salesforce replicated very well within multiple organizations. We've got one organization for several countries across the world, even though we've only got 70 people in Australia, and I think it will be very easy for us to use as we move forward. There are times when we need a bit more training, but I think that the onus is on them. Salesforce provides their own training and upskilling lessons called Trailhead, so they're very helpful.

I contacted Salesforce in my previous role and I had a really good experience. Whenever you create a case, they get back to you quite quickly a lot of the time. I previously communicated with the account executive of Salesforce and they were very helpful with their processes. If they can't help us directly, they're more than happy to lead us in the right direction. So far, it's been a great experience.

I don't have previous experience with similar products—I've only really worked with Salesforce.

Just last year, I deployed this solution with my current company. It was a bit challenging to translate our current business processes into Salesforce. We have about 80% of the functionality that we used to—for example, copying and pasting from an email into a Word document or Excel is a lot easier than copying and pasting it into Salesforce. There's not that like-for-like translation.

There were three people involved in the deployment process and it took about 18 months.

We implemented Salesforce through an in-house team.

They're the best in the business, so I think their business model is definitely based on that. The cost is worthwhile, to me, and I think it's fair because of the customization capabilities. However, small organizations that are just starting out might struggle to pay for something additional like this, so they might have only one or two. You pay per license with this sort of solution, as well as any additional benefits. They have what they call managed packages, some of which are free, but some you have to pay for. My understanding is that Salesforce is a little bit expensive, but in terms of the efficiencies, automation, and visibility, I think it's definitely value for money.

What other advice do I have?

The advice I would give to someone looking into implementing Salesforce is to know the business inside and out—that would be what they call a functional consultant—because a lot of processes can be translated easily enough without the use of coding. For us, it took about 18 months of scoping in order to get the best process moving forward. The implementation can be as easy or as difficult as you want it to be. If you translate all your processes together, then I think it will be more difficult, but you essentially have to give a bit in order to take.

I recommend engaging with an experienced Salesforce consultant or partner in order to get the most out of the system because if you're doing it yourself, it might get a bit overwhelming, especially if you don't have any CRM experience. Just know that almost anything is possible with Salesforce. A lot of the companies I used to work for were built on Salesforce and all opportunities—revenue-driven processes—were driven through Salesforce. It's easily done, especially within the e-commerce and tech software industries. Sales Cloud is very applicable, but make sure to engage a partner who is experienced in rolling out Salesforce. There are partners who specialize in the education sector, F&B, etc., so you have options.

I rate Salesforce a nine out of ten.

Arno Deygas
    Salesforce Consultant at Wipro
    Good for all sizes of customers; offers declarative development
    • "You can adapt Salesforce for all customer needs."
    • "The solution can be difficult to understand for customers of Salesforce."

What is our primary use case?

My current use for the solution is in implementing it for a company that sells services. The aim is to use the Sales Cloud to track all the existing accounts of my customer.

How has it helped my organization?

I'm a consultant, so I don't implement Salesforce for myself, but for my customers. I need Salesforce to be valuable for my customers. Because if not, the project will not be a success. In every project, it's very important to define the KPIs. But if you define well the KPIs with your customers, Sales Cloud will improve the organization.

For one customer, Sales Cloud helped him to save two FTE. I don't know the English word for that, but it's like two times of 2% a year. So you save two-incomes per year using Salesforce because your employees are going faster.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Salesforce is that it's a system where you can use declarative development. Just using point and click, you can configure it in very nice ways. For small customers, you can use it for 80% of their business. Then we will have to use the custom development using a code, JavaScript, HTML only for really complex business processes of your customer. It's a nice feature because developers and development are expensive, and long to payment. So it's good that you can do a lot with point and click.

What needs improvement?

One area that needs improvement is that it can be difficult to understand for customers of Salesforce. If you are subscribing to Sales Cloud, we will have an out-of-the-box solution that is good and easy to use. But if you are not keen on system language and things that, you will need a consultant. You will need me to implement it to answer your needs. Because it can be difficult to understand, customers have to pay for the system, and then they have to pay a consultant to implement it. So that is expensive. But in the end, you will win money if the project is well defined, and the design has been done in a good way. Then the system is designed for the customer.

An advantage of Salesforce is that they upgrade their system every time they have a new release. We have a community where we can ask for additional features, and then Salesforce implements the new features in the new release.

I'm currently working on a Sales Cloud project. I'm working on a CPQ project, but while you work with CPQ, you have to work with Sales Cloud at the same time because both products are linked.

The solution is reliable. Salesforce use is like renting an office in a building. You share the water and things with all the users of the building. So you have to be aware that you can use too much, or you can use the water of your neighbors. It's the same way for Salesforce. So as long as you spend time to find the solution the best way, the only concern you will have is the data you're using and the storage of files. But you can have best practices for your people in the company, and buy extra data from Salesforce if you are using too much. So it can be a concern, but you will always have a solution.

The solution can require some maintenance as there can be bugs, and the customer doesn't always understand why. Sometimes, the customer is allocating one of their employees to be the admin of the solution, so they do not require a consultant.

The solution is really easy to scale. One of my projects was to deploy Salesforce for a multinational company, we started with one country, and then deploy it to all the countries of the company.

The risk there is about the right & access and to cover all countries requirements.
    But Salesforce gives a lot of tools to answer to customer needs.

The customer service for the solution is good. You can log cases, but the one thing you have with Salesforce, you will not have the same maintenance quality. If you pay a lot, you will have the best support. If you pay less, your support will be maybe not that efficient as another customer. But overall, it's nice.

Salesforce will give you an answer. The time for the answer will depend on how much you paid to Salesforce.

To build and deploy the initial setup takes about one month for big needs, half a month for medium needs.

First is the design parts where you have all your customer needs, we build it in what we call a sandbox. In this sandbox, you have all the custom fields and the custom features that you build for your customer. You deploy this in a user acceptance testing environment. Then your customer, the company, will subscribe to Salesforce, will test those features. Once it is tested you will have to deploy it to the production environment, where the customer has all his data. It takes some time, and you have to wipe down everything you've built, to not miss anything. Because if you do, the deployment can be long and difficult. But there are tools that can help you to easily deploy the Sales Cloud solution.

It's very rare that your customer is only subscribing to Sales Cloud. Sometimes he has Sales Cloud and Service Cloud and things like that. And all your clouds are linked. But it's easy. You don't have to independently deploy the Service Cloud and the Sales Cloud. You can deploy it together.

The implementation team depends if you have declarative development or custom development using Apex and things like that. As Salesforce is using the cloud, you are using shared resource. Salesforce asks you to test your development, to not use too much data. If you have custom development, you will need to test it, and you will need a developer to deploy this. If it is only custom fields and declarative, depending on the size of the project, you only need one person. But then you need someone to follow the test, that the customer tested the solution, is it accepted by the customer. That is the longest part.

The solution is expensive, but you don't have to install it. You can access it from any computer, and it's the only solution on the market allowing that many features. So it's expensive, but you know why that is. It's not surprising.

What other advice do I have?

Salesforce is good for all sizes of customers because you can adapt Salesforce for all customer needs. My suggestion to anyone considering Salesforce would be to spend a lot of time in the designing phase. For me, that's the most important.

I would rate the solution an eight out of ten.

Private Cloud
    Salesforce Administrator at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    Customizable, highly scalable, and responsive support
    • "Salesforce is such a widespread software in terms of what it can do and its scope. Theoretically, you can run a whole company off of it. There are many valuable features, such as reporting and analytics. You can customize almost the whole environment is what appeals to so many companies the most."
    • "I would love Salesforce to keep on committing and building out what they call flows. It's their point-and-click version of coding. You don't have to be a coder to create essentially what a developer would have to normally, which is a great feature, but it could still be improved upon."

What is our primary use case?

We use Salesforce Sales Cloud for keeping track of both clients and employees on different levels, whether they're client-facing or they're more behind the scenes, such as myself.

How has it helped my organization?

Salesforce Sales Cloud has helped our organization by giving it the flexibility to customize our products to fit tiers of products. There are many timing and automation features that have given us control over some of the very unique business processes.

What is most valuable?

Salesforce is such a widespread software in terms of what it can do and its scope. Theoretically, you can run a whole company off of it. There are many valuable features, such as reporting and analytics. You can customize almost the whole environment is what appeals to so many companies the most.

What needs improvement?

I would love Salesforce to keep on committing and building out what they call flows. It's their point-and-click version of coding. You don't have to be a coder to create essentially what a developer would have to normally, which is a great feature, but it could still be improved upon.

I have used Salesforce Sales Cloud within the past 12 months.

Salesforce Sales Cloud is reliable.

The scalability of Salesforce Sales Cloud is one of their biggest advantages.

We have a little over 150 employees using it Salesforce Sales Cloud. There are probably 10 of us that use the backend. We have five of us that are dedicated Salesforce developers and administrators and an additional five that you would call super users, who have a lot of permissions because they were very close with us, and we trust them. The rest of the workforce is more client-facing in different parts of the organization. We are the development team, they are part of who we support.

The leadership team is very dedicated to increasing the use of Salesforce, whether it's adding another cloud or adding more people to my team. Recently we added approximately 30 brand new users. this can happen again at any time.

Salesforce is such a large company, they have three feature releases a year. They're constantly addressing issues. However, their responsiveness could be better at times. I do not have many complaints and they have very good customer service when we developers need it.

Overall the support is very good. The responsiveness can vary, but nothing that has displeased me and they will always see the job through. They're very dedicated to filling those types of quotas. They can be very responsive when a case has been open for a while.

The delays we faced are more of a corporate issue, but if you contact them individually, you receive much better service.

I have always used Salesforce, I am a Salesforce specialist. However, the company I work for might have used something else previously but I am not sure about that.

The implementation of Salesforce Sales Cloud is straightforward because it does not matter who you trained with to receive your Salesforce certifications and work in the industry, you know the deployment process. Everyone tends to know that it can be clunky, it can be frustrating, but at the same time, it's not exactly a broken system by any means.

The time it takes for the deployment depends on the size. We work in sprint cycles, we do it every two to three weeks. It depends on the size of that particular sprint. When it comes to deploying and then testing to make sure it's already it will never be more than an hour and a half.

The deployment tool could use a lot of work. However, when compared to everything else they're doing, it feels it's more left on the side, they prioritize the newer features.

My whole team and I, do deployments together or at least after we finish our assignments. There are about five of us at the moment. We have both developers and administrators, who all come together, and we complete whatever needs to be deployed all at the same time.

We always need someone dedicated to regular maintenance. I would imagine it's no different than any kind of another software environment of the size of Salesforce. You always want to have someone dedicated purely to making sure everything is working all right.

When it comes to dollars and cents, I couldn't tell you what that return on investment is. What I can say is that as we've grown out and increased automation, and over the past six months we have seen a very noticeable improvement.

I've seen the prices for Salesforce Sales Cloud, but I haven't been the one to handle the money. As someone who's only visually looked at the price, I would imagine it's on the pricier side, but they do have a ton of leverage, and seeing that everyone I've worked for has always been dedicated to continuing Salesforce. I've never worked for anyone who has threatened to leave. Everyone has accepted the pricing for what they offer.

There are additional feature costs but licenses are definitely the most expensive, but once you add or talk to your account representative about more individual features. We're talking about Salescloud, and if we wanted to add Servicecloud, that would be much more reasonably priced than us asking for 50 new licenses. Licensing is where they make most of their money.

What other advice do I have?

The three companies I've worked for who have all used Salesforce, they've never by any means brought up the idea of moving to a competitor. Everyone's been happy on a macro scale of what the product has brought to their firms.

I rate Salesforce Sales Cloud an eight out of ten.

They can always improve and, if 10 other people in my position were asked about features they could improve they would bring up different answers. They do release a lot of features three times a year, every year. They're listening to customers, but sometimes you have to be more persistent than you'd hoped for them to listen.

Private Cloud
    Senior Salesforce Consultant at a marketing services firm with 11-50 employees
    Scalable, accessible from anywhere, and useful for centralizing all the information
    • "The ability to work on it from anywhere is most valuable. All you need is a computer, a browser, and an internet connection to access your instance. It can be accessed from anywhere, which is pretty cool and user-friendly."
    • "Its licensing can be improved to accommodate small companies. They provide a certain number of licenses in a set or batch, and you have to buy the set. For example, if they have 20 licenses in a set, you have to get the whole set, even if you need just three licenses, which could be a barrier for small companies. There is no option to buy fewer licenses. So, small companies have to go for a smaller CRM, such as HubSpot."

What is our primary use case?

A client was running the sales and marketing operations in a spreadsheet, and they wanted to have everything in one place. So, they migrated to Salesforce, and we helped them out with:

• Creating the object structure
    • Mapping their objects with native Salesforce objects
    • Putting together the page layout for the team
    • Adding the data from the sheet into the instance

In terms of deployment, it was on the Salesforce cloud. The users had to log into it through a browser.

How has it helped my organization?

It enabled them to centralize the location of all the information. For example, everyone could enter the lead information in the central location, and then the higher management had a high-level overview of all the leads that came in. They could see how long it was taking to process leads and close them from the time leads come in. It keeps track of the close date as well.

You can set up automation for following up and sending emails to the rep when the leads first get assigned. You can also run automation where if there is no activity on a certain lead for 30 days or so, the lead owner gets the notification.

What is most valuable?

The ability to work on it from anywhere is most valuable. All you need is a computer, a browser, and an internet connection to access your instance. It can be accessed from anywhere, which is pretty cool and user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

Its licensing can be improved to accommodate small companies. They provide a certain number of licenses in a set or batch, and you have to buy the set. For example, if they have 20 licenses in a set, you have to get the whole set, even if you need just three licenses, which could be a barrier for small companies. There is no option to buy fewer licenses. So, small companies have to go for a smaller CRM, such as HubSpot.

It has been pretty stable. When they have any maintenance, they usually send a notification saying that the system is going to be unavailable from a certain time, which is usually over the weekends. Usually, no one uses the system at that time.

It seems to be pretty good. It provides the ability to use different types of automation. If you want to create complex solutions or automation, you can do that. You can also start with simple ones and then go into the more complicated ones.

Currently, we have around 10 to 15 users who use this solution. They are usually into business development. There is also a leadership team with around five or six people. There are two different divisions of the company. One is marketing, and one is sales, and then there is also a business development section. So, each team has a number of people associated with it.

It is being used extensively. If we onboard new people, it'll probably scale.

They're fairly responsive. They usually respond within half a day. They send the details or instructions about how to resolve an issue. If it's something that belongs to a future release, they redirect us to the post mentioning that.

Its deployment was fairly straightforward. It wasn't too complicated for this use case. The complicated part was figuring out and mapping the existing objects and data structure with the Salesforce data structure.

For deployment, we had a team of three people. This team included a project manager, a developer, and me. We didn't really need the developer. We had him in case we had any complicated deployment. It was a smaller implementation, and it took about two months.

Its maintenance depends on the scale. If it is a big deployment, you would need an admin. For our internal instance, currently, we don't have an admin, but in the next few months, we'll probably be looking for a dedicated internal admin because we want to implement a few data projects. We're trying to create a partner portal, and we are thinking of hiring a dedicated admin for that.

It is alright for now because we ended up getting a discount off the base price. So, for now, it is okay. We may have to renegotiate when we get more users, and I don't know if the price would stay the same or increase.

It has just a standard licensing fee. If you end up hiring a consultant for implementation, you will have to pay for the implementation. Other than that, there are no additional fees.

What other advice do I have?

You should know what your use cases are. Try to figure out if you will be extensively using automation or not. If you're not, you can use the lower licensing versions that are pretty cheap. The basic model was about $25 a month per user, and you can probably have three users for that, but it doesn't give you extensive automation capabilities. You will have to do a cost comparison for your specific use case to see if the basic license fits the needs of your business.

I would rate it an eight out of 10.

Other
    Aron Pectoor
    Salesforce Functional Consultant at Realdolmen
    A mobile way of doing sales that allows you to easily collaborate with your colleagues
    • "The company wants to implement the idea of democracy within IT. As an end user, you can do a lot by yourself, so you do not have to write code. The idea is that they go for low-code and they use flow. It's possible to update records and do things like automation without writing real codes. I think this is one of the advantages of the solution."
    • "The deployment of data from the development environment to production is also a weaker point because their solution is not powerful."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is if you want to update old legacy systems and go into a more mobile way of doing business. One of the main competitive advantages of this solution is that it already offers an 85% solution (out of the box), and you can modify it if you wish.

Salesforce does not offer anything on premise. It's always in the cloud.

How has it helped my organization?

No installation of software, or security updates. Easily working together with colleagues.

What is most valuable?

Salesforce wishes to push for a declarative way of solving IT problems.
    As an end user, you can do a lot by yourself, so you do not have to write code. The idea is that they go for low-code and they use flow. It's possible to update records and do things like automation without writing real code. I think this is one of the advantages of the solution.

Also you can easily collaborate with your colleagues. Another main benefit is that you can find a lot of information on websites, and you can learn it yourself through Trailhead. It's a guided way of learning new topics, and it's completely free.

The company has a policy of three releases per year.

One of the advantages of Salesforce is that it's fun. With features like Trailhead, the gamification makes it a joyful environment.

What needs improvement?

The reporting part is a bit low. You have other possibilities, like Einstein, or Tableau.

The deployment of (meta) data from the sandbox environment to production is also a weaker point because their solution is not powerful (even non-existent).

I have been working with Salesforce Sales Cloud for more than five years.
    I work as a Salesforce functional consultant. My role is to improve the adoption ratio of the client. I help implementing (declarative) and migrating legacy systems towards Salesforce.

The stability of Sales Cloud (and Salesforce in general) is extremely reliable. Ten years ago, we were one of the first Belgium customers that got a massive implementation of Sales Cloud. Servers were in the United States, there were several complaints from customers that it was taking too long. Salesforce acted and invested heavily in data centers in Europe, and now I have never had any issues with reliability or stability.

The solution is extremely easy to scale up because you can go from the Professional Edition to the Unlimited Edition.

You will only have a problem if you wish to downgrade.

If you have a problem, you can open a case with Salesforce. They give it a status, like high, low, or medium. If it takes a bit of time, maybe it's linked to the fact that your case is not crystal clear. If they don't do anything after a while or if you haven't heard back from them, then you can escalate the case.
    Of course all is linked to your service contract and SLAs.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

Salesforce doesn't require any specific maintenance. Salesforce works like a hotel. You just rent a room for a particular period, and the rest is done for you.

The main issue is the price. Because it's SaaS, you will have to pay on a monthly basis. It will become very expensive because you'll be thinking, "I have Sales Cloud, and I want to do service and help my customers, so I need another cloud." This is something I have already seen with other customers. They would like to jump into the Salesforce environment, but it can become a hefty price tag, so that's an issue.

There are different licensing models.
    You could have the Essentials, Professional, Enterprise, and Unlimited edition. It is linked to functionality. I only work for multinational clients, so they usually use an Unlimited or Enterprise solution.

If you are a big company, then you have a lot of leverage and more power to decrease the cost of your system per month. A lot of people aren't aware of that. If you go into a full-fledged solution, you can still bargain or discuss the price.

Only one person is required for deployment, and you can automate it if you wish. If you have a good developer who creates that, and you have your deployment street, you can push information into the production environment on a nightly basis.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a 9 out of 10.

Sales Cloud is suitable for everyone, even a mom and pop shop, if you have the money to invest in it ( I would not recommend it for a very small company that has only one FTE).
    If you have five or 10 SEs, you can definitely use it, all the way up to Fortune 500 companies. Most companies that use Salesforce are Fortune 500 companies.

I would definitely recommend that you try to stick to what Salesforce offers. You should not try to change the native setup of Salesforce, otherwise you will face issues with new releases. You should try to follow the spirit and idea of Salesforce, for example avoid large coding because then you will/can screw up the system.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Gold partner