IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Siebel CRM OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Siebel CRM is #7 ranked solution in top CRM tools. PeerSpot users give Siebel CRM an average rating of 8 out of 10. Siebel CRM is most commonly compared to Oracle CRM: Siebel CRM vs Oracle CRM. Siebel CRM is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 67% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 36% of all views.

Download the CRM Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Siebel CRM?
Oracle's Siebel Customer Relationship Management (CRM), the world's most complete CRM solution, helps organizations achieve maximum top- and bottom-line growth and deliver great customer experiences across all channels, touchpoints, and devices.
Siebel CRM Customers
Hover Automotive India Pvt. Ltd., Lawn Tennis Association, Tªrk Telekom, Bouygues Telecom, City of Atlanta, IGEPA IT-SERVICE GmbH, ec4u expert consulting AG, Salud Responde, Sascar, Banca Transilvania, UL, Ingersoll Rand, The Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB
Siebel CRM Video

Siebel CRM Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Siebel CRM pricing:
  • "Its licensing is yearly."
  • "The price of Siebel CRM depends on the usage of the business requirement. For large enterprises the price it's very good but if you are using it for medium scale enterprises, the price is very expensive."
  • Siebel CRM Reviews

Senior Manager Enterprise Integration and Order Management at a comms service provider with 5,001-10,000 employees
    Good order management and accounts management, however it's quite a heavy solution
    • "The solution's order management pack is quite fantastic."
    • "The solution itself is very heavy."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to get an almost 360-degree view of a customer. If you can see a customer, you can have a view of all the technical assets which the customer has. We use product subscriptions and subscription management right from onboarding a product to a customer's account, all the way through to upgrading or downgrading that product and, of course, termination. We also use it for customer interaction management. When a customer places a call to the call center, we use Siebel to review their history and see how you can support the customer in terms of any query your customer has.

What is most valuable?

The solution's order management pack is quite fantastic.  Customer and accounts management as well as subscription management are all great aspects of the solution.

What needs improvement?

The solution itself is very heavy.  If Oracle can provide a better cloud version, they could provide a cloud dated version that can be deployed on a microservice. There needs to be a way to move things in and out of the cloud, and the solution shouldn't just run on an Oracle cloud either. they need to also ensure users can use any cloud provider, including AWS, Azure, Google, etc.  The most important thing they need to do is offer cloud-native support. A lot of benefits that come with the cloud-native implementation can be realized. The solution needs to auto-scale and offer horizontal scaling.

I've been using the solution for over a decade. It's been 11 years or so now.
    June 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Microsoft, Pega and others in CRM. Updated: June 2022.
    610,518 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution has quite a complex set up, however, once it stabilizes, it becomes very reliable. There is no frequent downtime, though it's tightly coupled to the database so if the Siebel database does experience some degradation, it will impact the performance of the application.

We have a lot of users. In the call center, we have about 2,000 agents logged into the solution. At our peak, we have over 2,500 users on it. We really use it extensively every day. We don't have plans to increase usage, however, maybe in the future we will upgrade to a more cloud native version.

The solution's technical support has been impressive. Whenever we request support from Oracle, in terms of whether the features raised are in demand, etc., they are very responsive and knowledgeable. Even though they just upgrade products, they really assist us when we need it.

The initial setup is not straightforward. It was complex, at least when we originally implemented it.

What other advice do I have?

We're just an Oracle customer. I'd advise organizations considering the solution to get the right partner to implement the Oracle Siebel CRM for them. The partner will be even more essential if the company decides to go for a cloud-native version of Siebel CRM.  I would rate them seven out of ten overall.

Victor Mendoza - PeerSpot reviewer
    General Manager at ActiveIT Consultores
    Reseller
    Reliable with good upper-level support and capable of expansion
    • "The solution is scalable."
    • "It is difficult to set up."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily on a salesperson's applications like a CRM to sell, create and track opportunities, sell products, and find our customers.

What is most valuable?

It's very stable.

The solution is scalable.

Upper-level support is great.

What needs improvement?

Oracle is working very, very hard in moving such solutions to a software as a service, like other CRMs. We hope it will be fully SaaS in the future.

It is difficult to set up.

It's hard to get to the level of support you need.

I've been using the solution for 20 years.

The solution is stable. There are no bugs or glitches. it doesn't crash or freeze.

The product was very scalable. It's not a problem if you want to expand.

Technical support is okay. They have a lot of good engineers there, however, it's hard to reach them.

You have to create a ticket. The problem is the first level of support and it's very basic. If you need something more special or more specific, you have to go very deep and move from the basic level, the entry-level, and the middle level, and then, you finally get an engineer who can solve or understand what kind of problem you are facing.

We are really involved in Oracle products, and we are certified in the Oracle CRM brand.

It is not easy to set up. It's a bit difficult.

What other advice do I have?

We are a partner and reseller of Oracle.

I'm an architect on CRM. I'm a consultant and my primary assignment is to create solutions or add more functionality to that system.

We work for several banks or retailers in Latin America, part of it is an on-premise solution, and a few of them have part of the solution implemented on the cloud.

The advice I'd give to others is to hire a very good consulting company. It's not a solution that you can make on your own. You have to have people who know very, very well the solution as it's really huge.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

June 2022
    610,518 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Ratish Shelar - PeerSpot reviewer
    Solution Architect at Tata Consultancy
    It comes with pre-built verticals for every industry, so it's easy to roll out
    • "Siebel is easy to configure and comes with various pre-built industry verticals, so it doesn't require much effort. If you want to roll out Siebel in telecom or manufacturing, they have the verticals."
    • "Siebel is pricey compared to other CRM tools. That's the problem. Although it's a highly stable and functionally rich application, customers are not willing to pay that price for it. Customers can find CRM software that gives them similar functionality at a lower price. There are so many others on the market like Salesforce."

What is our primary use case?

Siebel is a customer relationship management tool. You store customer information, complaints, and opportunities in the solution and use it to maintain that kind of information.

We are system integrators, so we build and configure Siebel for our customers, but we also use it internally.

What is most valuable?

Siebel is easy to configure and comes with various pre-built industry verticals, so it doesn't require much effort. If you want to roll out Siebel in telecom or manufacturing, they have the verticals.

What needs improvement?

Siebel has been on the market for the last two decades. It used to be the top solution, but nowadays, you have cloud-based CRMs, so it's a little outdated.

Siebel is stable.

Siebel is highly scalable. We've rolled out Siebel for clients with customers in the millions, so it can handle that kind of scale.

Siebel is an Oracle product, so the support is excellent. If you have any issues with the product, they'll take care of them.

Siebel has a legacy deployment model. They've got dedicated tools to deploy it, but you can also deploy it with DevOps tools nowadays. We set up the solution according to the customer's needs. We start gathering requirements and map them to plan how to configure it.

There are customers who still prefer Siebel, so they continue to invest. They are willing to pay because some other CRMs are unable to offer that kind of functionality.

Siebel is pricey compared to other CRM tools. That's the problem. Although it's a highly stable and functionally rich application, customers are not willing to pay that price for it. Customers can find CRM software that gives them similar functionality at a lower price. There are so many others on the market like Salesforce.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Siebel eight out of 10.

Private Cloud
    Soumyajyoti BHadra - PeerSpot reviewer
    Salesforce Technical Lead at Tata Consultancy
    CRM and sales tracking solution that offers high levels of customization
    • "Siebel offers a high level of customization which has been valuable. The solution also offers the ability to model complex products."
    • "The backend performance of Siebel could be improved as it is often slow. In addition, the Open UI is not that responsive."

What is our primary use case?

We use Siebel as a CRM to capture all agent selling activity. We also capture backend orders received from other interfaces and send them downstream to be fulfilled.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The backend performance of Siebel could be improved as it is often slow. In addition, the Open UI is not that responsive. If we send out a call to a server, click any buttons or any drill-down links, and then click on that thread itself, it gets stuck and the system freezes.

Secondly, the customization capabilities available to users could be reduced. Over time, technical debt increases and the system starts to slow down due to all the customizations and this leads to user complaints.

Finally, the cost of this solution could be reduced to gain more customers.

I have been using this solution for seven years.

This solution is challenging to scale, especially when used on-premises. We experienced CP-usage spikes, memory-usage spikes and component crashes due to the memory limit of 4GB.

The customer service for this solution is not great. Issues require a few escalations in order to get resolution. Support tickets and communication are handled in the same way regardless of how much experience a customer has with the solution. They do not tailor feedback to suit the level of experience that customers have.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Salesforce over Siebel. This is because Salesforce offers guard rails for development, is scalable and overs a large product ecosystem.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

PedroNavarro - PeerSpot reviewer
    BI Development & Validation Manager at JT International SA
    A robust solution that allows you to develop almost everything you want, but its user interface and mobile application should be better
    • "It is quite robust and flexible. You can develop almost anything you want. You go into the tools, and you can do anything you want."
    • "The user interface, mobile application, and support could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Siebel IP14. We have marketing and sales. We have marketers in the field going into the accounts and doing some promotions or activities there. We have the contracts, the stock of the accounts, and so on.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The user interface, mobile application, and support could be improved. Its setup could also be easier.

I have been using this solution for 20 years.

Because it is on-premises, we control the stability.

We have 5,000 to 6,000 users.

We had opened several cases. I am not at all satisfied with the support of Oracle.

We didn't use any other solution previously. This was a project from scratch 20 years ago. There was nothing before.

It is quite complex. It took us quite long because we have pretty complex projects. It's really complex to set up.

We have around 20 people for deployment and maintenance.

Its licensing is yearly.

What other advice do I have?

If it is Siebel CRM, I would recommend it. I would not recommend any other CRM from Oracle.

I would rate it a seven out of ten.

Abid Shafiq - PeerSpot reviewer
    Sr. Manager CRM Platform and Integration at PTCL
    Beneficial holistic workflows, helpful support, and scalable
    • "Siebel CRM's most beneficial aspects are the workflows. It has complete holistic workflows for a customer management system."
    • "Siebel CRM can improve as an ERP and for a few corporate business workloads."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Siebel CRM as a proper CRM for customer request management. For example, complete end-to-end requests to order fulfillment.

What is most valuable?

Siebel CRM's most beneficial aspects are the workflows. It has complete holistic workflows for a customer management system.

What needs improvement?

Siebel CRM can improve as an ERP and for a few corporate business workloads.

In a future release, Siebel CRM should add more connectors and a better GUI to manage the workloads.

I have been using Siebel CRM for three years.

Siebel CRM is a highly stable solution.

The scalability of Siebel CRM is good. It is simple to scale and I would recommend it for large enterprises.

We had proper support from Siebel CRM and we were receiving frequent engagement with our vendor and he was very helpful.

The initial setup of Siebel CRM is complex.

The price of Siebel CRM depends on the usage of the business requirement. For large enterprises the price it's very good but if you are using it for medium scale enterprises, the price is very expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. If you have a proper business case and a large enterprise where you need to manage more than a million customers then it's a highly recommended solution.

I rate Siebel CRM an eight out of ten.

Senior IT Architect at IBM
    Is stable, but guidance on customization is needed

What needs improvement?

The problem with Siebel is that everything is customizable in it. It's probably over-engineered, which makes it difficult to use, and it makes it difficult for the users to get started with the system.

They should provide some guidance on what to customize and what not to customize.

I've been using it for 10 years.

It is a stable solution, but because it is an on-premises one, we have slow response rates at times.

It is scalable, but it eats up a lot of hardware.

We have more than 1000 users.

My experience with technical support is varied. Sometimes, it is okay, and at other times, I've had to wait for a long time.

The initial setup for Siebel CRM is complicated.

It took almost 18 months. This is also because there was an old CRM system which was home-built, running on a system from which they had to migrate data to the Siebel solution.

What other advice do I have?

Given all the other CRM solutions on the market, Siebel is not the first one I would recommend to people.

I would rate it at five on a scale from one to ten.

Download our free CRM Report and find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Microsoft, Pega, and more!
    Updated: June 2022