IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Riversand MDMCenter OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Riversand MDMCenter is #11 ranked solution in top Master Data Management (MDM) Software tools. PeerSpot users give Riversand MDMCenter an average rating of 8 out of 10. Riversand MDMCenter is most commonly compared to Informatica MDM: Riversand MDMCenter vs Informatica MDM. Riversand MDMCenter is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 63% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 33% of all views.

Download the Master Data Management (MDM) Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Riversand MDMCenter?

Riversand’s MDM software helps forward-thinking companies discover the value of their data and make smarter business decisions.

Riversand MDMCenter Customers

Topco, PC Connection, Balsam Brands, Nivea, Eucerin, Tine, Schneider Electric, Miller, ExxonMobil, Baxter, ConocoPhillips, Cameron International, Chevron, Husky Energy, Saint-Gobain, Fingerhut

Riversand MDMCenter Video

Riversand MDMCenter Reviews

Architect at Wipro
A stable solution with multiple workflow capabilities, but lightweight DAM capabilities and lacking a good search and match feature
  • "It's a stable solution. I have no complaints."
  • "The solution does not have a good match and search capability."

What is our primary use case?

There are multiple use cases for this solution. First is the consolidation of data across multiple processes. Second, I'm currently working with a customer that is a large manufacturer and their goal is to move away from using Informatica MDM and another custom solution for implementing PIM. There are a lot of workflow-related capabilities in Riversand. For example, there are packaging-related AI-based algorithms, meaning that for a given product, the workflow of the algorithm makes a call to an AI-based algorithm that tells it what packaging goes with a given product. This allows the user to select a product in one workflow step and then the algorithm will assign specific packaging for the given product. Third, we intend to use the solution to allow vendors to automatically upload their product data into PIM. We haven't completed this, but it is another use case that we are working on.  We also have plans down the line to move data from MDM and PIM into GCP to do more analysis on the PIM data. This will include using the data in the BigQuery environment and combining it with point of sales data and demographic data, with the goal of increasing sales.

What needs improvement?

The solution does not have a good match and search capability. It only has a basic, exact match search. Any upgrades to the search and match capability, seeing non-exact or fuzzy matches for example, would be good improvements. Also, the DAM solution provided by Riversand is comparatively lightweight, so you are still dependent on a third-party DAM solution provider, like Team Seven, to make it a complete solution. Some improvement in the DAM area would be a major help. From a data quality perspective, there are not a lot of data quality rules that can be enabled. Also, there is no specific data quality engine available, unlike Informatica, where you have the option of leveraging the PIM tool for data quality capabilities. Plus, you can leverage apps out of IDQ and make them available in PIM. If these kinds of options were made available in Riversand, they would definitely be welcome features.

I've been working with Riversand for about a year.

It's a stable solution. I have no complaints. The only thing I have noticed is that while a lot is going on, a data migration for example, a user might see some decrease in performance, but otherwise I think the solution is stable.
Master Data Management (MDM) Software
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Riversand, Informatica, Stibo Systems and others in Master Data Management (MDM) Software. Updated: June 2022.
610,045 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It is a scalable solution.

The technical support for partners is not so good. It takes a long time to get a response. After working with a company like Informatica, for example, you really expect a lot. You'll definitely be disappointed by Riversand's technical support. I think they are highly understaffed, and there is also an unwillingness to help. Informatica really tries to enable their partners. However, with Riversand, there is no clear demarcation about what they want to do, what they don't want to do, and what they want their partners to do. I think the company is still maturing as an organization.

We didn't need to do anything for the initial setup. Since it is cloud-based, Riversand just made us a tenant, so it's easy.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution as a seven out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
Managing Director
Updates large sets of products quickly; provides good off-the-shelf functionality
  • "Has a good user interface and the ability to update large sets of products quickly."
  • "The ability to create bespoke workflows could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

I'm the managing director and we are customers of Riversand.

What is most valuable?

This solution provides a good user interface and the ability to update large sets of products quickly. It's one of its best features along with providing good off-the-shelf functionality.

What needs improvement?

The ability to create bespoke workflows could be improved.

I've been using this solution for four years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

Customer support is very good.  The platform provider has a full support team that we can easily access.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The initial setup can be somewhat complex. Deployment takes a few hours and we used the solution provider for that. Our product managers, category managers and data managers use this solution. Once the solution is fully deployed, we'll have over 100 users.

For the scale the solution provides, I think the cost is reasonable. It's a standard licensing cost. There are additional features that you can buy, but it's not mandatory. It depends on your requirements.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good solution but I would recommend considering other options to find out what best suits your use case. Look at the holistic requirements of the organization before choosing, not just the product data mastery requirements.

I recommend this product and rate it nine out of 10.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)