PowerEdge C OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

PowerEdge C is the #3 ranked solution in top Density Optimized Servers and #6 ranked solution in top Blade Servers. PeerSpot users give PowerEdge C an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. PowerEdge C is most commonly compared to HPE Apollo: PowerEdge C vs HPE Apollo. PowerEdge C is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 67% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 18% of all views.

Download the Blade Servers Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is PowerEdge C?

PowerEdge C help you to maximize hyperscale performance with up to 4 independent server nodes, flexible storage and shared infrastructure in a compact 2U chassis.

PowerEdge C Customers
NxtGen Datacenter, Medien-Service Untermain (MSU), Exasol, IndigoVision, Dayco
PowerEdge C Video

PowerEdge C Pricing Advice

What users are saying about PowerEdge C pricing:
  • "When we talk about pricing it is the cheapest on the market that I have found."
  • "The price of the solution is reasonable."
  • PowerEdge C Reviews

CFO at PETRA CONSTRUCTION CORPORATION
    Compact with an easy initial setup and good preformance
    • "Technical support has been helpful."
    • "The reliability needs improvement."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for supporting our internal applications.

How has it helped my organization?

So far, the product has made us more efficient in terms of energy usage and space usage utilization.

What is most valuable?

It does basically everything that we need it to do.

The compactness of the solution is its most valuable aspect.

We found the initial setup to be straightforward.

The solution is stable. We haven't had any issues.

It is possible to scale the solution.

Technical support has been helpful.

What needs improvement?

The reliability needs improvement. We have had some issues.

The issue is that Dell's no longer selling this product in the near future. It's almost the end of life.

Blade Servers
    November 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Dell Technologies, Super Micro, Fujitsu and others in Blade Servers. Updated: November 2022.
    653,584 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We've been using the solution since 2018.

The stability has been good. We haven't dealt with any bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

While it is scalable, we haven't had the need to do so just yet.

We're a construction company and we have about 60 users at this time. That includes project managers.

Right now, it's probably running at 60% capacity. We're not going to increase usage.

Technical support has been good. We are satisfied with the level of service on offer.

We're currently looking at refreshing the hardware.

We had Dell rack-mount servers previously. We switched for space utilization.

EMC is our storage. That's not the Blades. The storage is the Unity box that we have.

The initial setup is straightforward and not overly difficult. It's a simple process.

The deployment is fast. It took us over a weekend.

We had two personnel that handled deployment and maintenance.

We handled the implementation process ourselves. We did not need any integrators or consultants.

In terms of ROI, it's performed and done what we expected for the price that we paid.

We pay a yearly licensing fee. It's comparable to others on the market.

There are not any other additional costs other than the licensing fee.

We did evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We're pretty happy with its capabilities.

Private Cloud

Other
    Ehsan-Zaidi - PeerSpot reviewer
    CTO at ACOM
    Easy to use with good security and good pricing
    • "The security of the product is very good."
    • "We had a few minor issues with compatibility on the latest version during the installation process."

What is most valuable?

The solution's ease of use is its most valuable aspect for our organization. We really like how user-friendly it is.

The management is excellent and also very straightforward.

The security of the product is very good.

We found the pricing to be quite fair. It's not overly expensive.

The upgrades for the solution are very good. It continues to add useful features to the product with every new release.

What needs improvement?

Overall, it offers a lot of good features for the industry. I don't recall any that are lacking per se.

We had a few minor issues with compatibility on the latest version during the installation process.

I've been using the solution for eight to ten years at this point. It's been almost a decade. I've used it for quite a while.

The solution is quite stable. We don't have issues with bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's quite good.

The solution scales very well. If a company needs to expand it, they can do so easily.

The organizations we work with vary in size and it scales to meet any organization's needs. Some have thousands of users, for example.

Technical support has been very knowledgeable and responsive. They're good. We're satisfied with the level of service they provide us.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The setup is pretty straightforward. It's not overly complex in any way. The product's servers are easy to install. You can install it easily on VMware if you want to.

There were a few minor issues with compatibility, however, other than that, it was a good experience.

The cost of the solution is reasonable. It's a good selling point for Dell. They keep it competitive.

What other advice do I have?

We're Dell partners. We have a business relationship with the company.

We're using almost the entire series. We use a variety of versions of the solution.

Overall, I would rate it at a nine out of ten.

IBM
    Blade Servers
    November 2022
    653,584 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Nha Do - PeerSpot reviewer
    IT Infrastructure Manager at Yola
    Good solution, simple, easily maintained, and exactly what I needed
    • "I like the feature that allows for a backup and that is suitable for me."
    • "The current memory could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

I use the PowerEdge C server for the VOIP phone systems, and some other applications to save time.

How has it helped my organization?

PowerEdge C is compatible and a good solution for me.

What is most valuable?

I like the feature that allows for a backup and that is suitable for me.

What needs improvement?

The current memory could be improved.

I have been working with PowerEdge C for the past three years.

The stability is very good for PowerEdge C.

There are no current issues with scalability and we have four hundred individuals in the company. All of them are currently using PowerEdge C. We are going to increase usage in the next two years and expand.

I used IBM before switching to PowerEdge C. The price point is exactly what I needed and the product is good so I switched.

The installation was straightforward and easy to setup.

I installed it myself in fifteen minutes for the server and the container server.

We definitely are seeing a return on investment and we are making money.

When we talk about pricing it is the cheapest on the market that I have found.

What other advice do I have?

I would encourage individuals who are looking for a simple and easily maintained solution to choose PowerEdge C. On a scale of one to ten, I would rate PowerEdge C a ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
    SOMASHEKARMS - PeerSpot reviewer
    Test Lead at Canarys
    Scalable, stable, easy installation, but needs more ports

What needs improvement?

There could be some more ports added in the future.

I have been using the solution for approximately five years.

We have not had any problems for stability.

The scalability of the solution met our needs.

The installation is not complicated.

What other advice do I have?

I rate MS - PowerEdge C a seven out of ten.

Network Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    A reasonably priced solution with useful compression capabilities

What is most valuable?

I have found the compression capability the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

A feature that needs to be added is the ability for full container storage.

I have been using this solution for more than a year.

The price of the solution is reasonable.

Download our free Blade Servers Report and find out what your peers are saying about Dell Technologies, Super Micro, Fujitsu, and more!
    Updated: November 2022