IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Registry OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Registry Buyer's Guide

Download the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Registry Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2022

What is Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Registry?

Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Registry is an Oracle-managed registry that enables you to simplify your development to production workflow. Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Registry makes it easy for you as a developer to store, share, and manage development artifacts like Docker images.

Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Registry was previously known as Oracle OCIR, OCIR.

Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Registry Video

Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Registry Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Registry pricing:
"There is an annual and a subscription option."

Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Registry Reviews

Cloud Architect at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Stable with an easy initial setup but needs more analytics capabilities
  • "The product is scalable."
  • "Technical support could be a bit better."

What is our primary use case?

I've primarily used it for experimentation. I don't just use it for commercial purposes. We already work with Azure and AWS clouds and we decided to consider the usage of Oracle as well. I run IA services, for example, when creating VMs and storage or configurations.

What is most valuable?

The IA services, including storage, creating VMs and databases have been great. The database services in particular are excellent.   The initial setup was straightforward.  The product is scalable. The stability is good so far.

What needs improvement?

I don't have much detailed knowledge or experience in improvement areas. I need to first be more hands-on in my approach. I need more time to learn the technology, as I'm not as comfortable with it as I am with Azure and AWS. Technical support could be a bit better. Azure and AWS offerings are on a much bigger scale. Those who use this product must be Oracle-centric, which isn't the case with the other two. Whereas Oracle seems to be geared more towards databases only and Oracle only.  The analytics need to be improved.

I've used the solution for a few use cases, however, not to its full potential. I've used it for maybe six months or so. It hasn't been that long.
Azure Container Registry vs. Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Registry
May 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Azure Container Registry vs. Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Registry and other solutions. Updated: May 2022.
608,713 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The stability so far has been good. I don't recall dealing with bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The scalability of the solution is very good. If a company needs to expand using it, it can do so. We only have one customer on the product right now, however, a few customers are already planning to move their services to Oracle as well.

Technical support is good. they're okay. They could be a bit better, however, we're mostly happy with them.

I also work with Azure and AWS.

The initial setup is very straightforward. It's easy to execute. It's not overly difficult or complex.

What other advice do I have?

We are a customer, however, we do have clients on Oracle's cloud. I'm not actively using the solution; I occasionally use it for certain projects.  I'm using the IA service version. I'd recommend the solution to other users and companies.  I would rate the product at a seven out of ten.

Bandar Alogbi - PeerSpot reviewer
Information Technology Infrastructure Manager at Saudia Aerospace Engineering Industries
Stable data center with endless resources
  • "The main benefit is that you're getting all of the resources you require on a subscription base. So, you get to pay as you go instead of having to have a CAPEX, you convert your CAPEX to OPEX to cover the data center cost."
  • "It isn't easy to get qualified people who know how to work on this tool. All my administrators are learning as they go. Since this is the only cloud solution provider in Saudi Arabia, and it has only been around for one year, I am sure that this will change with time."

What is our primary use case?

I am an IT infrastructure manager for an aerospace engineering company in Saudi Arabia. This solution is where we host our data center.

What is most valuable?

The main benefit is that you're getting all of the resources you require on a subscription basis. You get to pay as you go instead of having to have a CAPEX, you convert your CAPEX to OPEX to cover the data center cost.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for six months.

The solution is very stable.

It is scalable.

We previously were using an on-premise data center.

I would rate the setup a medium in terms of difficulty as there is some level of training required.

There are not six to eight people maintaining the tool.

We utilized a partner team of OCI to do the initial setup and configuration. It took about one month to complete.

There is an annual and a subscription option.

What other advice do I have?

This solution is a bit more complex than other options, and there are not as many qualified engineers, administrators, etc. out there. It may take you some time to find qualified people to work on it for you, or you will need to train your own people to work on it.

I would rate this an eight out of ten.

Azure Container Registry vs. Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Registry
May 2022
608,713 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Coordinator / Specialist Database Management at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
Good solution for databases
  • "Initial setup of databases is not a problem."
  • "In general, the systems application needs improvement."

What is our primary use case?

I move databases to the public and private cloud.

My company has a big project to move all databases into the cloud and construct new sited in OCI. We have four to six huge databases amounting to 100 terabytes to move in OCI.

What is most valuable?

We specifically use the Oracle data guards because of the site disaster recovery. We have situations, one database has all the transactions all the time, while the other is positioned 6 hours ago. We have spent six hours to apply the transactions into the other database.

What needs improvement?

We have a lot of challenges with OCI because we need to build functions in the application. In my data center, if we have problems we change it in the cloud so part of the applications changes making it very complicated.

In our system, we have some private dates and we need to use cryptography data, however, some of the cities are very old and we need to build all the social functions in the system, again making it very complicated to put all the information into the database.

In general, the systems application needs improvement.

I have been working with OCI for four years.

The complexity of the initial setup depends on the solution in the system. In our case, it was not very complicated because I used the new technology of excavators and I put all my databases into this solution. With the features, the security, and others. The initial setup is not a problem for databases.

We used some partners to help with the deployment. They are high level technicians that specialize in the service.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Registry an 8 out of 10.

GLEDSONCOOPER - PeerSpot reviewer
Infrastructure specialist at Cooper Cloud
Can be used for computing, histology and for ExaCS
  • "I find the Single Sign-On, SSO, feature to be valuable."
  • "The framework from AWS is so good, I would like to see this feature in OCI."

What is our primary use case?

I use a lot of features of OCI. I use it for computing, for histology and for ExaCS.

What is most valuable?

I find the Single Sign-On, SSO, feature to be valuable.

What needs improvement?

The billing and right sizing for optimization of your cost in the cloud, a well architected frame. An article should be done as soon as possible to improve it. The framework from AWS is so good, I would like to see this feature in OCI.

I have been using Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Registry, OCIR, for three years.

OCI is stable.

This solution is perfect, it works very well. Every time I need to scale some machines, they scale automatically for me.

I never use technical support with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Registry.

The initial setup of OCI was simple. I have a lot of experience in Cloud, so it is easy for me.

What other advice do I have?

For those looking at implementing OCI, I recommend you talk to others who have used  it. If you need an environment with scalability and trust for your services, OCI, you won't need to worry.

I would rate OCI a 9 out of 10.