We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

MicroStrategy Usher OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

MicroStrategy Usher is #3 ranked solution in top Mobile Identity tools. PeerSpot users give MicroStrategy Usher an average rating of 8 out of 10. MicroStrategy Usher is most commonly compared to OneLogin Workforce Identity: MicroStrategy Usher vs OneLogin Workforce Identity.
What is MicroStrategy Usher?
MicroStrategy provides a fast and intuitive analytics experience across web, desktop, and mobile interfaces. Business analysts, IT developers, and administrators can seamlessly create logical data models with Architect and deliver custom applications using a powerful set of APIs. Usher is a revolutionary digital identity product built on the MicroStrategy platform. It provides secure logical and physical access and enhances enterprise productivity by replacing passwords, tokens and physical IDs with secure mobile identity badges. Usher provides analytics, identity discovery, mustering, and two-way communication features to conduct complex analytics and optimize productivity for Badge users and can view real-time maps of user activity and quickly communicate with dispersed teams at the touch of a button.
MicroStrategy Usher Buyer's Guide

Download the MicroStrategy Usher Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

MicroStrategy Usher Customers
Target, Hilton Worldwide, Gucci, Four Seasons, Facebook, Coach, Zurich, Adidas Group, eHarmony, Sonic Automotive
MicroStrategy Usher Video

MicroStrategy Usher Reviews

Arturo Rony-Oncebay Casanova
System Implementer at a tech vendor with 201-500 employees
Improved the way to exploit and analyze data and offers no interruptions in service when running
  • "The solution has good analysis features to make sure there's good sizing (so that it's not too big or too small) and allows room for growth if a company needs it."
  • "The pricing needs improvement."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for project build systems and soil survey.

How has it helped my organization?

Usher has improved the way to exploit and analyze data.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of the solution is it's non-stop application. It continues to run so there are no interruptions to customers. It's also able to reach many people.

What needs improvement?

The pricing needs improvement, it need to lower prices per user to make it more accessible.

In terms of new features, I'm not sure what can be improved. I need to do more research before I comment on anything like that.

I've been using the solution for one year.

The solution is very stable.

The solution is scalable. Right now, we have about 60,000 users. We use the product quite extensively and we do plan to increase usage.

Technical support has been very good. We use technical support from a local advisor but we typically tend to manage our own technical support in house.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

We didn't previously use a different solution.

The initial setup was complex. It's a new technology, so sometimes there are problems with customers not understanding what things mean. We're still in the process of deploying the solution and estimate it will take half a year to both implement and analyze how well the solution is working for us.

We used a reseller in our country that assisted with the implementation.

There is a free desktop version that provides powerful self-service analysis, I really recommend it.

We previously evaluated Power BI.

What other advice do I have?

We use the cloud deployment model.

I'd give the solution an eight out of ten.

Okay Akdeniz
Business Application Group Manager at OBASE
Stable but scaling on-premise can be difficult

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for reporting purposes. At our company, I manage our business application solutions. I have to provide reports to the managers and directors on a quarterly or monthly basis. We report on things like revenue, profits, problematic cases, etc. My company decided that next year we may drop these services. We are checking or we may talk with the customers, why they don't buy new products or new solutions or new consulting. We want to check that these are services actually, consulting services.

What is most valuable?

The mobile identity features are great.

What needs improvement?

Scaling this solution can be difficult.

I have been using MicroStrategy Usher for roughly two years.

What do

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The mobile identity features are great.

What needs improvement?

Scaling this solution can be difficult.

I have been using MicroStrategy Usher for roughly two years.

This solution is very stable.

MicroStrategy can scale up and scale out, but it's done manually. Still, to do this on-premise is very hard; you may need help from your IT department or support. On the cloud, scaling is easy.

We employ 100 staff members that act as consultants for our customers; they provide them with support.

There are three ways to install this solution. Which method you choose all depends on your environment. Commonly, installing the reporting platform is not like installing an application because this reporting tool focuses on enterprise companies. It has to be configured and reconfigured.

MicroStrategy provides us with plenty of functionality, but the installation part is not easy for enterprise customers. You need some serious tech knowledge in order to install this solution — not just anyone can do it. There are a lot of settings and configurations that need to be considered. Installation is easy for us, but it's not easy for the end-users.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of seven.

I don't think I would recommend this solution to others. There are better reporting solutions out there.