Microsoft 365 Business OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Microsoft 365 Business is the #1 ranked solution in top Mobile Device Management (MDM) tools and #4 ranked solution in top Content Collaboration Platforms. PeerSpot users give Microsoft 365 Business an average rating of 8.4 out of 10. Microsoft 365 Business is most commonly compared to Microsoft Intune: Microsoft 365 Business vs Microsoft Intune. Microsoft 365 Business is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 49% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 17% of all views.
Microsoft 365 Business Buyer's Guide

Download the Microsoft 365 Business Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Microsoft 365 Business?

Microsoft 365 Business is an integrated solution, bringing together the best-in-class productivity of Office 365 with advanced security and device management capabilities to help safeguard your business.

Microsoft 365 Business was previously known as Microsoft 365 E3, Microsoft 365 E5, Microsoft 365 F1, MS 365 Business.

Microsoft 365 Business Customers

Urban Agriculture Co., The Detroit Wallpaper Co., TransBlue Facility Management, Garner Food Company

Microsoft 365 Business Video

Archived Microsoft 365 Business Reviews (more than two years old)

Mmusi Kekonnwe - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Specialist Databases at Botswana Open University
A stable and scalable solution with popular applications, but the price should be better for educational institutions
  • "Office products such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are strong points of this solution."
  • "Microsoft Teams can be improved. It is a bit taxing on resources and is resource-heavy on the devices. When you install it on a PC, it uses a lot of memory. They should look for a better price model for educational institutions, and it should be free. We are also using Google Suite, which is free for educational institutions. They charge business people, not nonprofit institutions."

What is our primary use case?

Students use it mostly for sending emails, storing their documents, and collaborating.

What is most valuable?

Office products such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are strong points of this solution.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for some time.

Microsoft 365 Business
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft 365 Business. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
654,218 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It is stable.

It is scalable. We have around 2,000 users, and we want to increase the usage.

We get support from Microsoft through their local dealers. Their support is fine.

We are also using Google Suite. Microsoft 365 has a price attached, whereas Google Suite is free for educational institutions. Microsoft 365 has got popular applications like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, whereas Google Suite has got similar products that do the same thing, but they are not very popular.

It was straightforward.

I installed it myself.

They are always a bit pricey. They should reduce their prices or make it free because we already have other solutions, like Google Suite, which are cheaper or free.

What other advice do I have?

If you can afford it, then go for it. It is a good product.

I would rate Microsoft 365 Business a six out of ten.

Technical Pre-Sales at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Has quite a lot of functionalities that enable us as a business to run
  • "Channel access is the most valuable feature. I can access it via any machine. I can access it via Android application, via my browser, or via the Windows application. That is one reason I like it. The multi-functionality is another valuable feature. It has quite a lot of functionalities that enable us as a business to run."
  • "Previously, it was on concurrent basis access, but currently, it's on named user access. That's the biggest challenge we have, but we are looking to integrate SharePoint whereby we can have a portal where we can have the non-core users access via Sharepoint. That's what I'm looking to have an update on. So the cost is a bit of an issue."

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

User access costs need improvement.

I have been using Microsoft 365 Business for four years.

It's a stable solution. We haven't had any problems.

We are good with scalability. We have also not expanded our processes that much to experiment with scalability.

We have a vendor who assists us with the customization. We are looking into upgrading. I've tried to experience the cloud version and it has some also multi functionalities. We are looking into the AI features that we've really liked to input into our processes. We are also looking to upgrade the solution so that we can have the AI functionality.

We used a third-party for the deployment. They helped us do some customizations. We haven't had any challenges with the setup.

What other advice do I have?

When we look at the roadmap, we see they are moving with the current trends in technology. So you won't have a solution whereby there are no upgrades from its functionalities. Microsoft is well established on the foothold and the business processes. They understand the key business processes that are required to be supported by an ERP. I would recommend it to another client.

I would rate Microsoft 365 Business an eight out of ten.

Microsoft 365 Business
November 2022
654,218 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Project Manager at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
Good product with many solutions but has a lot of bugs and needs some enhancements
  • "Microsoft 365 Business is a really good product. Microsoft provides many solutions like Microsoft Teams, which is useful for Team utilization across the globe, especially in this COVID 19 kind of scenario. If you enable the enhanced security in Microsoft Teams by using the given options, you can eliminate the third-party solutions like WhatsApp, Telegram. You can easily share your communication, which is much better. You can also collaborate. For example, instead of creating an Excel sheet on your local PC and sending it across to someone over email, you can just share it. SharePoint is one of the best tools to be implemented."
  • "There are a lot of bugs, which I don't know how many people have come across. In Microsoft Teams, when you share any screen, I can't see much because the Microsoft Teams Window takes the majority of the space. A task section comes up and then below the screen, a list with the names of the people you are collaborating with comes up. When you have to share the screen, you get a small window, which also depends on the screen resolution of the person seeing it and sharing it. You basically need to have an extendable monitor and display unit to see the bigger screen. There should be a full functionality for changing the desktop screen to full screen. That would really be fantastic. This is surely going to be a critical area. If you see Zoom and Cisco WebEx, you get the full wider screen. In Microsoft Teams, voice quality can be made much better. I think the codex part can be something on which they can work further. In Microsoft Outlook, the GUI is years old, which is boring and makes you want to switch to the postal way of sending emails. They must change the GUI. I am a bit skeptical about the promises that are made by Microsoft. Even though Microsoft makes promises that your data will reside on the servers within your country. I don't think it is so, and the corporate data, the governmental data, and the patient data are still in Europe. In terms of the land laws, even if I have an agreement with Microsoft that my data should not be shared with any other countries, at the end of the day, the data is residing on some other land. So, the land laws of that particular country have the right to have access to the data that is residing on the server of a particular continent. So, the government can intercept the data. That's why I'm a bit skeptical. However, so far, no cases have come up related to this, but one day, it may come up. I hope Microsoft will find out a permanent solution for that. People are becoming more aware of privacy."

What is our primary use case?

Currently, we are using Microsoft 365 Business purely as a mailing solution and just for storing the data on OneDrive.

What is most valuable?

Microsoft 365 Business is a really good product. Microsoft provides many solutions like Microsoft Teams, which is useful for Team utilization across the globe, especially in this COVID 19 kind of scenario.

If you enable the enhanced security in Microsoft Teams by using the given options, you can eliminate the third-party solutions like WhatsApp, Telegram. You can easily share your communication, which is much better. You can also collaborate. For example, instead of creating an Excel sheet on your local PC and sending it across to someone over email, you can just share it. SharePoint is one of the best tools to be implemented.

What needs improvement?

There are a lot of bugs, which I don't know how many people have come across.

In Microsoft Teams, when you share any screen, I can't see much because the Microsoft Teams Window takes the majority of the space. A task section comes up and then below the screen, a list with the names of the people you are collaborating with comes up. When you have to share the screen, you get a small window, which also depends on the screen resolution of the person seeing it and sharing it. You basically need to have an extendable monitor and display unit to see the bigger screen. There should be a full functionality for changing the desktop screen to full screen. That would really be fantastic. This is surely going to be a critical area. If you see Zoom and Cisco WebEx, you get the full wider screen.

In Microsoft Outlook, the GUI is years old, which is boring and makes you want to switch to the postal way of sending emails. They must change the GUI.

I am a bit skeptical about the promises that are made by Microsoft. Even though Microsoft makes promises that your data will reside on the servers within your country. I don't think it is so, and the corporate data, the governmental data, and the patient data are still in Europe. In terms of the land laws, even if I have an agreement with Microsoft that my data should not be shared with any other countries, at the end of the day, the data is residing on some other land. So, the land laws of that particular country have the right to have access to the data that is residing on the server of a particular continent. So, the government can intercept the data. That's why I'm a bit skeptical. However, so far, no cases have come up related to this, but one day, it may come up. I hope Microsoft will find out a permanent solution for that. People are becoming more aware of privacy.

I've been using Microsoft 365 Business since 2009.

In the initial stage of Microsoft Office 365, I was working with a major automobile company in India. We were given the opportunity to evaluate the solution completely in and out. It was a cloud-based solution, and our business or traveling users were eager to have this kind of solution. The expenditure as compared to the in-house solution was much lesser. There were many bugs at that time. Now, it's very good for one product.

Then I joined a multinational conglomerate, which was into a lot of businesses such as oil, shipping, large estates, and so on. Everything was there under one entity. We were successful in rolling out Microsoft 365 Business over there.

In my current organization, I was given the opportunity to evaluate Microsoft 365 Business, and we started to use it.

I would say it is super.

It is one of the best. Currently, we have around 8000 users.

My team had contacted them, and they said that it's very good. From the support aspect, basically, you have to get a paid one. If you don't have any good enterprise agreement, it takes nearly eight to nine hours for them to come across a problem and solution. It lags in support. That's all. You have to pay a lot of money.

In my current organization, we were using an open-source free product Zimbra. Of course, an initial amount was paid for the licensing part. Because it was open-source, there were a lot of spams, and there was no protection for the email. Finally, a word was put across to my colleagues who were evaluating different products, and I said that Office 365 is the best one to go for. I was given the opportunity to evaluate, and it came into existence.

The initial setup is very straightforward. It's a plug-and-play kind of scenario. It's very easy, but not as easy as Apple products.

The migration part from Zimbra took a long time, around three to four months. The deployment took around two to three weeks.

Microsoft 365 Business will be good to have if you have a large organization where you have more than 3000 employees. Other cheaper solutions, like Gmail, are easily available in the market.

Microsoft Exchange is very good, and people are used to it. Gmail will be a big competitor for Microsoft later on when Gmail moves out of the comfort zone they are currently in.

Gmail lags a lot as compared to Microsoft Office 365, which is very neat, clean, and easy to deploy. Any admin with one year or six months of experience can easily deploy Microsoft Office 365.

What other advice do I have?

Even though this is the year of the cloud, I will suggest that instead of the cloud deployment, go for the in-house deployment.

Microsoft 365 Business is the best when your business is growing up and you want to collaborate using these tools. In my current organization, we don't explore Microsoft 365 Business much. If you see the Microsoft product portfolio, our utilization is just 10% as of now, which probably is applicable to most of the organizations. It is being used just for mailing and the ATP. Our administrators haven't enabled anything else and aren't interested. The joint collaboration is not there, and people are not looking into that aspect.

We are just using a product like Microsoft Teams just to make calls so that the telephone bills don't increase. We use chat for easier corporate communication and so that we don't have to type emails. However, there are many further uses of Microsoft Teams. There may be some companies, which are utilizing it a bit more. These are many products that you can integrate and make use of the investments. The monthly payment, which you are making, to buy and maintain this product can be over-utilized.

Microsoft can also start promoting what can you do more with this product. Currently, they're only telling that this product is available, but they are not specifying how you can collaborate and integrate with other products.

The software companies are taking advantage of bringing AI, which can work. I promote AI, but it should be used for convenience, not for replacing or eliminating mankind.

I would rate Microsoft 365 Business a seven out of ten.

Private Cloud
Calvin David - PeerSpot reviewer
Director - Digitization at KYC Technologies Botswana
Robust platform for office procedure including document sharing, with excellent technical support
  • "The most valuable features are that it is quite robust and is a collaborative model."
  • "I would like to be able to connect Power BI to data sources easily."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for our office administration purposes, emailing, and document sharing.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are that it is quite robust and is a collaborative model. For example, if I have opened a file in Word or Excel, every member of the organization who is logged in with their accounts at that same time can collaborate on the same document. We don't have to create multiple copies.

I like auto-server mode and the fact that you can unify them under one platform.

The fact that they are able to save directly to cloud storage and collaborate is something that is helpful.

What needs improvement?

The pricing can be reduced.

I don't like the number of email notifications that are sent, it's too often. I receive emails every day. It would be better to have weekly updates with one summary or have the summary every fortnight.

I would like to be able to connect Power BI to data sources easily. The Enterprise level comes with gateway connectivity, and that comes with many permissions. I understand that they are concerned about security, but they don't make it easy to automatically link your Power BI workflow to your apps such as Excel, PowerPoint, data sources, Access, and to your Microsoft flow at an enterprise-level deployment. It would be good to have a back-to-back connection between applications.

I have been using this solution for two years.

We are using the 365 Enterprise, which is the lastest one.

This solution is quite stable.

This is a scalable solution.

We are a small organization aiming to grow. We have three core users and adding another one at the end of this month.

The technical support is very good. When I first signed up, I received a call and they spent close to an hour going over everything, step by step. They were quite helpful and very patient with me during that process. He went beyond his real competency by assisting me. This experience helped me appreciate Microsoft packages and services.

I have always used Microsoft. I have set up the normal Microsoft Office versions that you can install, such as 2013, and 2016.

Primarily I use two systems, Windows and Linux, but for office administration purposes, Office is the leading solution provider. Linux is mostly for deep development and server setups.

The initial setup is straightforward.

I had some challenges because I have approximately seven different applications on my computer that are directly related and connected to the cloud. It took me 30 minutes to deploy.

There are many apps on the cloud for 365, but on your device, you are limited to anywhere from nine to eleven.

The price just keeps going up and it never comes down, but the service that you receive with the support is worth it.

It works out to be $12.50 per user per month. For us, it will cost approximately $50.00 for four users per month. This doesn't include the cost for other licensing on other app subscriptions.

What other advice do I have?

We have a setup file that we are running on our systems but most of the functionalities and features are from the cloud.

I would recommend this solution. The challenges with technologies are very dynamic. It changes daily based on the requirements and the scope.

If we look at the world right now, we are moving towards digital platforms at our premises due to the non-contact, issues of working from home, being able to pay people, and needing to have meetings.

Proof of concept is okay when you are trying to purchase or have a trial to purchase. You start the first month on a free platform. It is nice because the first month is free.

Imad Awwad - PeerSpot reviewer
Group IT Manager at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good collaboration in office applications that are consolidated in a single interface
  • "You can have conference calls with different parties using video and voice."
  • "The security sites need to be simplified and the technical support needs improvement."

What is our primary use case?

This solution is used for everything, the task, and the teams. It is a collaboration of all of the applications that are found in Office 365, but with one interface in which you can communicate between people.

We have some that have been deployed on a hybrid cloud, others that are just cloud, and some that are hybrids with an Active Directory that is on-premises and connected through Windows Azure. It connects to the cloud to sync all of the users from our campus.

For email assistance, or SharePoint or for sharing drives, it is all the cloud.

How has it helped my organization?

One of the O365 applications that made a huge impact is the Microsoft Teams that enhanced our communication in sharing files with online modification and execution helped in focusing our conversations and divide them into channels to have an efficient and effective output. Also chatting has been evolved to be not only sharing text but also solving problems instantly due to the ease of communication (Chat, Voice, Video). Work-From-Home became much easier then you can even imagine with O365.

What is most valuable?

These are the main things that help the business collaborate.

• At the same time, you can share files, you can send emails on the spot, and you can also assign meetings on the spot.
  • You can have conference calls with different parties using video and voice.

It saves a lot of time. When opening a new business, you need the main server, file sharing, and you need to secure them.

Not only to have them there on-site or on-premises, you need to have them backed up, and archived. So rather than going for a new place, with a new Internet, we go to Cloud and it will provide everything that we need.

You're not restricted to a certain place or certain country. You can work from any place on Earth, from any device, without having your laptop.

This is one of the main factors, and that it is secured. This is also a big advantage.

They have already made some improvements to the interface and dashboards that have made a positive impact.

What needs improvement?

In the next release, I would like to see the management of the security features become more user-friendly.

I have been using this solution for one year.

This solution is stable.

In our team, we don't have many users. We are in the early stages of migration.

Other companies that I work with have approximately three hundred or four hundred in different countries and the other sites I have one hundred and fifteen to one hundred and thirty users.

This solution is scalable.

The technical support needs time to understand your problem to help you, because of the language barrier. It takes time to solve certain things.

In the Gulf area, most people call in Arabic and want to translate to English. The problem is the Technical support does not understand English well, so it takes time to explain what the problem is when it could be a simple issue to resolve.

This doesn't represent all of the technical support, maybe 75% is good.

We have Google. Google is good, but I was not familiar with the application and the tasks because most of the time I have worked with Microsoft. They have the same features, but I didn't find that Google was easy to work with applications.

They have evolved a lot but there are still some laps between them like an on-premises exchange and Lotus Notes.

The initial setup is straightforward.

Within thirty minutes you will have your site up and running, including emails and shared folders.

Even if you need more options, like profiles and hierarchies, it is straightforward. You just go ahead and add them.

For a new business with twenty people, you will need approximately two or three days maximum to have all the sites up and running for all services.

I did the implementation myself. I did not use any vendors or integrators.

The return on investment is very high for companies whose work is based on communications.

This is targeted for countries with unstable internet. As an example, in our region you don't know when the internet will go off, we have now been without the internet for over a week. This is a problem for people who have on-premises deployments and need to connect to the internet.

For new businesses, rather than having a lot of servers, they can go online. Most people have 4G on the mobiles so they can just search it on their mobile. The Internet is not an issue.

After the last update that was made, you are not obliged to take the same license for all of your users. For example, if you go for E1 it is $12 USD per month for every person.

Now you can select different licenses, for example, if somebody doesn't need all of the features, it would cost $8 USD per month and if they didn't need the email application then it would cost $6 USD per month.

What other advice do I have?

This solution requires a lot of money. It's a huge expense and it's a concurrent expense. You don't just pay it once, it's going to be continuous and you pay annually.

Unless there is a huge impact on the business, then it would be worth going for it. If there is no impact on the business then you can use it on-premises and work with the old office.

I would recommend this solution for newly opening businesses that need collaboration and communication that requires the internet but doesn't need a fixed place to work. They should go with Office 365.

They are going to pay every year but they will be saving a lot of money for electricity and maintenance for the telephone, voice, VOIP, IP telephones, internet, and subscriptions.

The security is also important, it's not exposed to everybody.

You won't need an IT department because one person can handle everything.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
Deputy IT Manager at ICAPP (Americana Group)
A complete, reliable application that makes business easier
  • "The good feature with the cloud is that you can access Microsoft Office from anywhere. It's integrated with Outlook, so you can edit a file in Excel, Word, or any other application and just attach it in the mail. It makes the business easier."
  • "Excel hangs many times, especially when we have equations. Excel is very heavy on the hardware, and it needs powerful hardware. I hope they can enhance the performance of Excel. Other products are working well, except for Excel."

How has it helped my organization?

Microsoft 365 Business is helping the business very much. Office 365 is reliable, full of a lot of applications, such as Word, Excel, and so on. It is very easy. Some versions are deployed on-premises, and some are deployed on the cloud.

We have around 200 users in our company. We are also a member of a group, and we have more than 3000 users all over the group.

What is most valuable?

The good feature with the cloud is that you can access Microsoft Office from anywhere. It's integrated with Outlook, so you can edit a file in Excel, Word, or any other application and just attach it in the mail. It makes the business easier.

What needs improvement?

Excel hangs many times, especially when we have equations. Excel is very heavy on the hardware, and it needs powerful hardware. I hope they can enhance the performance of Excel. Other products are working well, except for Excel.

I have been using this solution for five or six years.

The stability is very good. All Office products work fine except for Excel, which hangs many times.

We did not need technical support. We are handling our problems.

For emails, we migrated from Gmail to Microsoft mail.

The initial setup was straightforward. It takes a very short time. Deployment time depends on the application, that is, whether you are deploying the whole Office or just Excel or Word.

We are deploying our products. In our group, we have more than 100 members for deploying our products. For Microsoft products, we have around 41 members.

What other advice do I have?

I would, of course, recommend Microsoft for all people. Microsoft always meets your expectations.

I would rate Microsoft 365 Business a nine out of ten. I think it's a complete application. They just need to enhance the performance of Excel.

Manager at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
This is a familiar suite of business tools that you can install and use without training
  • "Microsoft products are familiar to most users and intuitive to use."
  • "The Teams feature should be more flexible in integrating with other communications products."

What is our primary use case?

We take care of our business tasks and communications using the full office environment.

What is most valuable?

Teams is also a part of the Office 365 suite from Microsoft that I was actually using separately from Office before we moved to the Office 365 product.

What needs improvement?

The thing I think can be improved is the Teams functionalities. Teams software is like Zoom and it is more-or-less the same idea. It is less intuitive in comparison to what I was used to in Zoom. Zoom has a much more intuitive interface and is user-friendly in how you create meetings, how to participate, and how you invite people to join groups. You can do conference calls with many parties more easily using Zoom.

Inside the organization where everyone else also has Teams, it is a very good tool. But if I want to have someone join that is not in my organization or using another connection method like a phone number, it is tricky. You cannot dial to regular phones which is a feature that exists in Skype for Business.

The integration with other products is less fluid compared to Zoom and Skype for Business. Those products are more flexible and I am able to dial regular phones. Zoom is a much more flexible product and I may like it more because it is familiar.

I have been using the complete suite for the last seven months.

It is a mature and stable product. There are no concerns with stability.

I have no complaints about the scalability. The entire company is using the product and we are a company with about 800 employees. Maybe some people in the production areas are not using it because it is not important to their work, but all the office people are working with this tool.

We previously used other versions of Microsoft products. Let's say we have been using Microsoft products for the last 10 or 15 years, which is common practice for many companies. It is company policy and not something that I can influence. No one asked me my opinion. It was the organization's decision to move to 365. We are all using Microsoft tools.

The initial setup was straightforward. We did not use an integrator, reseller, or consultant for the deployment. We have an IT team inside our company that helps us to use the tools and do installations.

We did not need to have any very special implementation strategy. We could just install the software to start using it. There is no deployment of hardware along with the software so the implementation time is very short.

The Microsoft Office 365 suite is a pretty nice product. It is working fine, no real complaints. It is a sophisticated product. You have to explore on YouTube how to use some tricks and tips to work with it more efficiently.

What other advice do I have?

Overall I am satisfied with Office 365. It is a very convenient and common product — so nothing special to give advice about that most people do not already know. You really do not need any tools, any skills, or any special training to start using it.

Of course, later on, you can learn about some tips and tricks to enhance your experience and productivity. But in general, it is very nice.

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate this product as a nine-out-of-ten.

Danilo Jumá - PeerSpot reviewer
Director Comercial at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Onscreen help and an improved user interface make this suite an improved standard business solution
  • "The interface is now more user-friendly than the previous versions of Microsoft Office."
  • "Bandwidth usage is not always the same depending on the network connection."

What is our primary use case?

I am not a technical person, I am from the sales side and more on the commercial side of things. Our company is in Mozambique and we are the main Dell EMC repair center and service provider.

My main use case for Office 365 is really to type documents with Word, to prepare presentations with the PowerPoint, and also to do spreadsheets with Excel. The product in the suite that I use the most is Word. PowerPoint and Excel to a somewhat lesser extent. But I do use all three frequently.

We also resell the product so we do deployments for our customers as well.

What is most valuable?

With Office, the interface is now more user-friendly than the previous versions of Microsoft Office. The functionality and ability to work offline are also great. There are more helpful tools in the interfacer now. For example, if you are working with Excel and you are typing a formula, Office 365 gives you tips as you work if you do something wrong. It will identify what is wrong and then you can apply the corrections. Things like that make the product more intuitive and helpful. The previous version did not have that kind of help to this extent. So, the most valuable features are the ability to work offline, the ability to have tips when writing formulas, and the improved more user-friendly interface.

I believe one thing I enjoy more about the experience of using the product is that it now the basic features that I use most frequently are easier to find, access, and manage. This helps to make my work easier and speed up productivity.

What needs improvement?

Microsoft could still work on the bandwidth used with Office 365. It does not seem to behave the same depending on the networks that I am working on. Sometimes I can tell the program uses more or less bandwidth and actually measure the difference. I believe that this can be enhanced to be independent of the network that I am working on. The bandwidth consumption should always be about the same.

Some features of specific products could be more user-friendly. For instance, in Excel, some functionalities like the Pivot tables are not always so easy to use. Right now if you want to create a new formula, you need to have some knowledge about programming in Visual Basic. It does not seem to me that this should be a requirement. So you can type a command and then set up a new formula that is not listed on standard functions supplied with Excel. For users who do not understand the basics of programming and VBA, that really becomes an impossible mission. They may know that they can create a formula and what they might want it to do but they do not know how to do it. So if they do not find the formula in what is provided, then they really have to forget using Excel for that type of solution. If they knew how to do the programming they can do virtually anything through Excel, but they need to have the ability to do the programming and develop the formula. It does not really have to be that way. Microsoft could expand those capabilities.

One final issue we have has to do with the backups. Microsoft does not assure the backups of the information that you store at their data centers. So besides deploying Office 365 as a solution, you also need a backup solution specifically for Office 365 on the cloud. We definitely recommend Office 365, but unfortunately in our country — specifically for the public companies — it is not easy to sell because we have some strict policies and regulations regarding data. Public companies cannot store information outside of the country. So, since Microsoft Office 365 is a Cloud product some public companies can not go for that option. They still have to work with previous versions of the product. Private sector companies do not have this type of restriction. We can only recommend the product when interested customers can do it within the proper guidelines.

I have been using Office 365 for about one year now.

Office 365 is a stable product. Besides the issues with the bandwidth use where sometimes the product uses more bandwidth depending on the network, it performs well and it is very stable and very reliable.

We have done sales and installations for SMBs (Small and Medium-sized Businesses) as well as for enterprise companies. The issues with scalability would be budget and Internet bandwidth. If the money is there it is not an issue.

My technicians deal with Microsoft support if they have to. Mostly they will take care of issues themselves. They have a dedicated contact and a direct portal for support purposes. So that is great. If a technician needs to open a ticket for a customer, the technician can open himself and go straight to the support portal to log the tickets and carry on from there. In terms of response time, I am not exactly sure because I am not directly involved.

Previously, I was using Microsoft on a version from 2016. So it really is not a complete switch of products as it is still the Microsoft solution. It is just a newer version.

I do not think the installation was easy but that is because we have around a hundred users. I did not manage the installation, but I heard from the technical guys that it is generally easier than the previous versions. We signed an enterprise agreement with Microsoft. With that, we got the keys and we got the centralized management panel from where we deploy the Office on all the endpoints. So this made it easier. For the previous versions, the technical guy had to go to each user machine to make the installation through a compact disc. But with volume licensing installation is centralized and the IT manager deployed remotely to the endpoints.

We handle the setup and the deployment in house. We have a separate team with more-or-less 30 technicians. Some of them are specifically certified on Microsoft products through the partnership that we have with Microsoft. So, depending on the infrastructure that our customer has, we can send out as many as three technicians if it is to be deployed for say 200 users. When we need to do a mailbox migration, most of them have to be migrated at the same time. In that case, we allocate two to three technicians to do it as quickly as possible. If we are talking about enterprise companies with 1000 users — depending on what the customer requires in terms of delivery time — we might allocate as many as 20 guys. It is more likely we will allocate 10 guys. It basically depends on the customer's requirements.

The pricing for the product is a bit of a tricky question. In terms of the total cost of ownership, I can say that it is expensive. It is a fair price, but in our country or another country with economies similar to  Mozambique, the pricing structure may be a little high and prohibitive. The first issue is the volatility of the exchange rate because our currency, the Metical, is very volatile related to the dollar. The problem here is the customer has an agreement and when he realized that he wants to add some other applications or services or something else, he has the expectation of price based on what he signed on the first agreement. But when he sees the new price, it could become a lot higher than expected because of the exchange rate. It would be nice if somehow Microsoft had some flexibility with the initial agreement so that pricing would not fluctuate dramatically because of the exchange rate.

Another thing that factors into the pricing is that the Internet connection and Internet bandwidth is still very expensive here in Mozambique. So it is not always an easy decision to make the migration to Office 365 due to these two variables.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend the Microsoft Office 365 product to clients. We are able to do proofs-of-concept with clients who are interested and carry forward from there.

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate Microsoft Office 365 as eight-and-a-half.

Senior Network & Security Infrastructure Engineer at a insurance company with 51-200 employees
Stable and easy to use, integrates well with other products, and has good technical support

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is to design our product in Azure on the Cloud.

What is most valuable?

Microsoft 365 Business is easy to use, everything is clear, it has good support, and it integrates well with other solutions.

Everything is easy with Microsoft.

What needs improvement?

Security could be improved.

The user interface is good, I don't have any issues with it but everything could always be better.

I have been using Microsoft 365 Business for approximately four years.

This product is very stable.

The scalability of this product is good. We have 150 users.

I am very satisfied with technical support, and if we have any problems then we open a case. You will have direct assistance from technical support.

Access is available directly in a portal to open a key, or we can contact directly via telephone and we can track the numbers.

For me, the initial setup was easy.

We have a team of 12 to maintain this solution, and level one and two security in our networking.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Microsoft 365 Business to others.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud

Manager, IT Special Projects at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
Very stable, easy to access, and has a pretty simple set up
  • "It's great that one user can log onto many different devices."
  • "The solution's ability to scale could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for mobile device management, among other things. We use the Suite, Sharepoint and Microsoft Exchange. We use Mircosoft for everything.

What is most valuable?

We use Sharepoint a lot. It's excellent.

The fact that it's on the cloud is helpful. It gives us great access.

We use the databases within Microsoft to run our applications, and it's excellent for that.

It's great that one user can log onto many different devices.

What needs improvement?

The licensing could be a lot easier. Right now it's complicated. The process has changed in that the user-mode of licensing is not very easy to manage.

The solution's ability to scale could be improved.

I've been using the solution for three years now.

The solution is relatively stable. We haven't had issues with bugs or glitches. The solution doesn't seem to crash or freeze. It's been good to us so far.

We have about 250 users on the solution right now.

The scalability is limited on the solution. It requires a bit of administration. For example, when the solution reaches a certain number of the records, you have to delete a number of them so that you can continue to use it. There should be more capacity.

I've been in touch with technical support in the past, however, not directly. We do it through a partner. I wouldn't be able to speak to the quality of their service as it's always been handled through a third party.

We did use a different solution, however, we were in the market for something new in 2016, and that's when we made the switch. Microsoft came and did a pretty good sales pitch. They sold us on their product. We clearly saw the cost-benefit of the product and we switched over.

The solution is pretty straightforward. We actually had a lot of assistance from Microsoft to implement the product. They assisted us and were instrumental in guiding us through the process.

The deployment took about one week or so.

There isn't too much maintenance required for the solution once it's set up. It's done in collaboration with a few outside entities. We have people in the company who are familiar with programming and all that who handle most of the maintenance, and then we have vendors who also come in as necessary. Microsoft helps too.

Microsoft ended up assisting us directly with the initial implementation. We had some help with integrators.

The cost the impact is low for us due to the fact that we now pay annually instead of having the same license. We've saved a bit of money, switching over to Microsoft.

I'm not sure of the exact pricing, as my colleague handled the payments.

However, I do know the licensing process is a bit complex and could be simplified.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with Microsoft.

We're working on the latest version of the solution. We get the latest version each time it comes out.

Overall, I'd recommend the solution. It's been very good to us so far and we like the way it functions.

I'd rate it eight out of ten.

Business Intelligence Specialist at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
Great architecture, easy and intuitive with a competitive pricing structure
  • "Cost-saving, easy and intuitive"
  • "No assistance with initial setup."

What is our primary use case?

As a business intelligence specialist and business owner, I primarily use the standard apps in this solution. I enjoy the fact that there's a smorgasbord of additional apps that make for great productivity within the business - especially when you realize what all the apps can do for your business.

How has it helped my organization?

MS365 Business has offered me a robust infrastructure with the out of the box standard offering but also provided amazing apps and features to encourage growth in other areas of my business.

What is most valuable?

I like that the standard solution is easy and intuitive. It's worth taking the time to go and poke around all the other apps, though.

There are rules of engagement that are important to know and it can be overwhelming at first if you're never been a Sysadmin. The Apps within the solution provide different business functions so you don't have to hire anyone - you can actually do most of it yourself. It's a huge cost saving for a small business and with the subscription, it's actually much cheaper than buying the products outright, as you would have had to do in the past. You can get everything you need for a reasonable price e.g. if you wanted, say, five features/ functionality you'd pay between $100 and $1000 for each, potentially spending close to $5000 once off but then next year arrives and you need to buy the next version and again you're spending precious funds. Instead, with subscription plans, you get between ~20 features/ functions. My plan, plus the add-on Apps costs my business $12.50x2 + $30 +$9.99  per month = $780 annually - the key is TODAY'S cash stays in my pocket.

You have to buy licenses for everything, but the pricing structure is very competitive. From a small business perspective, there's lots of advantages to going with 365, because not only are you getting the standard tool set to actually just run a standard business, but you're getting add-on Apps/features that open up opportunities that you might not have thought of and... the realization that you don't have to pay another entity because you can do it yourself e.g. sway and bookings

What needs improvement?

I think where Microsoft could help with the product is to perhaps have an agent/ comprehensive start up video, that can assist with the initial setup since you're now dealing with several admin panels. You can learn it yourself but there are certain tips and tricks that could much more easily be communicated in a conversation. For example, know that if you go into an admin portal, you're going to need five things; and you need those five things before you go into the portal and they each may need their own setup/initiation.

I submitted a good few support tickets early on because some of it was a bit overwhelming. When you're a small business and you suddenly realize that there are various admin portals which all do different things and you set something up in this portal and then you have to go set something up in another portal and connect the dots. If you don't know to do that and you haven't yet read ALL the documentation, it can be very overwhelming and you can feel a little lost. But once you get your head around it all, it's quite brilliant - the architecture and how they set everything up in the background.

I've been using the MS365 Business standard plan for two months.

The stability of this solution is superb. No issues. Just know that when you make updates or edits in the admin panels, the change(s) may not take effect instantaneously, in some cases.

I haven't tested scalability as we are a new business, just starting out. There is only one other person working with me and I purchased two licenses even though the other person in the company doesn't yet use the product. You have to have one license per user even though each user gets to load it/ use the license on several other devices. It might be a waste but I wanted to do the right thing. It would be helpful if they provided an option for two licenses so you could legitimately have it on a second computer.

I've bought additional licenses for other apps because my business is going to be delivering a very comprehensive business intelligence/ project management service offering. I expect to expand use and embark on several upgrade routes available to me, when the time is right.

Very responsive, thorough and professional. Just be aware that they have teams with specialities and they don't cross lines e.g. I needed help with Power BI so you have to specify that in your ticket or deal with a generalist who will not be able to help you. I learned to state the product first then state your issue.

I've used Google in business as well, and I like the ability of being able to collaborate that they offer, but Microsoft 365 actually fixed that and you are now able to collaborate in the documents e.g. Word and Excel. So I really didn't see the need to stick with Google. The only thing that Microsoft wasn't able to deliver for me was photo and video organization/editing. Even if you're not a photographic business, you do still take photos and videos for your business. I do still use Google for all my photos and images.

The intial setup was very straightforward and took me less than an hour but all the administrative elements can take longer, depending on what you choose to do. You need to configure it with all it's variables and that can take extra time. The basic setup to just start work, was super quick. If you have a powerful computer it's about the download time and then some setup time. It's the Sysadmin leg of work that was a steep learning curve for me.

Handled it by myself with great support from a very responsive MS365 Tech team.

incredible. Very lower startup cost.

For the standard plan, the cost is USD $12.50 per month, committed annually. There are often discounts offered versus month to month.

I wanted to stick with the best and only evaluated all the different price plan options. For my size and stage of business the standard option offered everything I needed, plus some.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a 10 out of 10.

Marty Rizzo - PeerSpot reviewer
President at Northcoast Research
Seamless outsourcing of email servers, very scalable, and overall quite reliable
  • "The two biggest value adds of the solution are having the ability to outsource the email and not having to manage the email server. It's just seamless. Having the most current versions all around and having things updating frequently by themselves ensures that everybody's got access to the same software."
  • "The ability to manage the updates a little better would be helpful. Sometimes end-users will get a prompt in the middle of the day that they have to update. When there's a new update, then their system automatically starts to reboot, which can be ill-timed. Having a little more control over that would probably be welcome. Notices in regards to updates and being able to manage the timing around them or to be able to do it at off-times would be helpful."

What is our primary use case?

The main thing we use the solution for is being able to outsource everything in the cloud while having the Exchange hosted. Having the Exchange and not having to manage the server and being able to deploy it wherever we have to is useful. We did have a number of people that traveled frequently prior to COVID. We have a handful of people that work out of their homes in various parts of the country, so having solutions that were accessible via the cloud was sort of a direction we started to migrate to several years ago in the Office 365 environment.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution ensured we would never have to be premise dependent so it didn't matter where we or our employees were, or if something happened to the office. If we didn't have access to the office, we still had that access to all of our tools. We're very much a small firm so we use a lot of software services versus building our own things. We like using things that are already made.

What is most valuable?

The two biggest value adds of the solution are having the ability to outsource the email and not having to manage the email server. It's just seamless. Having the most current versions all around and having things updating frequently by themselves ensures that everybody's got access to the same software.

In the past, we had a lot of problems with who was updated and so forth. It eliminates that problem and allows us to put it on multiple devices. It's a pretty good offering from that respect.

What needs improvement?

The ability to manage the updates a little better would be helpful. Sometimes end-users will get a prompt in the middle of the day that they have to update. When there's a new update, then their system automatically starts to reboot, which can be ill-timed. Having a little more control over that would probably be welcome. Notices in regards to updates and being able to manage the timing around them or to be able to do it at off-times would be helpful.

As we get into SharePoint and so forth, they could do a better job of giving you some guidance on the very basics as to how to get started. They have a lot of stuff when you're using it, so getting some foundational knowledge as to what to consider when laying it out and how to approach it would be helpful.

We've been using the solution for more than five years. I can't remember exactly when we originally implemented it.

The stability is very good. It's been very stable and I haven't had any outages or things of that nature, so I'm pleased with it.

We're a small company, however, I'm familiar with other users at larger companies and they've been very pleased with the scalability. Especially people that I've talked to noted that all of a sudden this became the main thing that they were using during this work from home social distancing trend. I've heard a lot of positives about that, which is one of the reasons that we're looking to implement Teams and we're just trying to get some information on the right way to do it.

Therefore, we're hoping to expand into Teams and SharePoint and use more of those tools. We started out with the basics and we use it enterprise-wide. We're hoping that we can continue to expand into it as much as possible.

I've had very limited access to technical support. Mostly, our IT team handles any issues. Therefore, I can't really speak to the quality of there service, as I've never really dealt with them.

The initial setup wasn't complex. It was mostly straightforward. We had a few hiccups with getting emails. It wasn't as seamless as it should have been with the initial setup of the user's email so that took a lot of one on one work with our IT staff who were constantly working with the end-users to get the phone and computer and everything all connected. However, since the original deployment, setting up new employees has been better.

The problem for us was that the automatic setup didn't work the way it should have. Typically, you just put in the password and it automatically sets everything up. IT had to go in and tweak things on people's accounts. From my perspective, and again, this was five, six, seven years ago, I remember it was more of an issue with how Microsoft reacted as opposed to what we were doing.

We do monthly billing, however, I'm not sure what the exact costs are. We may pay around $1,000/month.

We started using the Microsoft Teams and we've started doing the conference call feature, so that's another $4 an account and we have a few accounts using that right now.

What other advice do I have?

We're Microsoft customers. We aren't resellers or consultants.

We have a fairly robust version of the solution, although I don't recall the exact version number offhand.

In terms of what I would advise other organizations, I would say it's worthwhile and I would do it as quickly as you can because for what you get, it's a really good bang for the buck while being pretty easy to use.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

Senior System Administrator at City Stars Properties
Usable, available, and you can connect to it from anywhere
  • "It has file storage, file sharing, a provisioning box, and a SharePoint profile for each user."
  • "Updates to the SQL server with better features are needed to compete with Oracle Database."

What is our primary use case?

I decided to go with Microsoft 365 Business to be compatible with my friend's server.

What is most valuable?

This solution has everything.

It has file storage, file sharing, a provisioning box, and a SharePoint profile for each user.

It's useable, available, and you can connect to it from anywhere.

Also, I have storage and I can access my email.

What needs improvement?

The Team Exchange online needs improvement.

Updates to the SQL server with better features are needed to compete with Oracle Database.

In the next release, I would like to see more with endpoint security and with firewall security. Many other vendors are better than Microsoft in this field.

I have been using this solution for three years.

This solution is stable.

This solution is scalable.

We have approximately six hundred users working daily.

I have created tickets with the Microsoft technical team. They were good and I like the support.

The initial setup is easy and straightforward.

It took ten working days to deploy, test, implement, and to see the effects before applying it to our users.

I had a consultant integrator helping me with the implementation. We worked together.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others about this solution is to go ahead with no fear.

I would recommend this solution.

I would rate this solution and eight out of ten.

Office Manager at Agattu Trading 174 Pty Ltd
Helpful for team collaboration, email, and generating quotes
  • "The most valuable feature for us is Microsoft Teams."
  • "The pricing for this solution could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We do not have a central location for our employees and everybody works from home.

I use this solution for things like email and generating quotes for customers.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for us is Microsoft Teams. It replaces Skype where you can speak to one another and you can set tasks. We have found it really helpful.

What needs improvement?

The pricing for this solution could be improved. We get caught by the exchange rates in South Africa.

I have been using this solution for five or six years.

This solution is stable. It just works.

We have ten users.

I have never had to speak with the technical support for this solution.

Compared to buying a license, it is much cheaper and a good buy.

What other advice do I have?

This is a solution that I recommend.

I have not yet set it up so the messaging can be sent to my mobile phone, but this is something I know can be done because our technical people have done it.

it_user1170138 - PeerSpot reviewer
Technical Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Has the ability to add or remove licenses at the drop of a hat when someone new starts or leaves the business
  • "The flexibility of having a subscription for the Office software, rather than having any upfront costs is the best part of this solution."
  • "There are various things that you need to use PowerShell to do. That would be good. You could do them through the management portal, rather than through PowerShell. That's the biggest improvement I would like to see."

What is our primary use case?

We use the cloud deployment model. We use it internally here for our business software for our office software and for our computers. We also use it for mailboxes, SharePoint, and OneDrive, all of the platforms.

What is most valuable?

The Office software is the most valuable aspect of this solution.

The ability to add or remove licenses at the drop of a hat when someone new starts or leaves the business is another valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

It would be better if it was cheaper.

There are various things that you need to use PowerShell to do. That would be good. You could do them through the management portal, rather than through PowerShell. That's the biggest improvement I would like to see.

I have been using this solution since it became available, around five or six years ago.

It seems pretty stable. There are issues with it every now and again but it seems to be on the whole, pretty stable.

My company has ten users.

Sometimes technical support is great, sometimes it is terrible. It really depends on what you've actually logged with them and who at Microsoft is dealing with it. It is a really mixed experience.

A negative experience we have had with them is when we arranged times for them to call us back and they just didn't call and we called back the following day but they just don't keep appointments.

I would say on the whole they are good. The majority are good. They can be quite flaky. It depends on who you're speaking to. Some of them are brilliant, some of them don't even know what they're doing.

We previously used an on-prem Microsoft solution. It was all Microsoft products but it was not Office 365, it was on-premises.

Because we are an IT company the initial setup was very straightforward. We are all technical here.

The setup is not just a one-off job, it is an ongoing thing. People come and go so you add and remove people all the time.

We deployed it on our own. We are an IT company and provide IT services to other companies. One staff is enough to deploy it on their own. We deploy for smaller businesses.

We are Microsoft partners so it doesn't cost us anything.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to make sure to find everything out before you start appointments. Make sure you know who is getting what and what sort of licenses you need. Be well-prepped before you start.

Be sure you know what licenses you have and the license management. Make sure that you know what you are doing without a fuss because if you make a mistake with that, then you can potentially make a bit of a mess of things.

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

CEO at a consultancy with 1-10 employees
Good integration between Power BI and SQL, and good scalability
  • "The Power BI environment and the integration between Power BI and SQL are the solution's most valuable features. The integration between products is great."
  • "The solution's licensing framework needs improvement."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for business intelligence.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The solution's licensing framework needs improvement.

The integration of the SQL server development environment is a little bit difficult to handle. They should work to make this easier.

I've been using the solution for two years.

The solution is very scalable, but it gets more expensive as you grow.

We haven't really contacted technical support.

The initial setup is straightforward. We're working with a complex environment, so before we implemented it we tested it with a prototype and in pilot environments. You only need two people for maintenance.

We had our own internal team implement the solution.

The solution is quite expensive and gets more expensive if you have to scale.

What other advice do I have?

We use both the cloud and on-premises deployment models.

I'd recommend the product. I'd rate it nine out of ten.

Cloud Solution Specialist at a tech vendor with 501-1,000 employees
Reseller
Constantly updated and has a vast number of applications available
  • "The most valuable feature is Microsoft Teams."
  • "There are loads of holes in security and I'd like to see better integration with security products."

What is our primary use case?

I have been using this solution for about five years.

This solution is a SaaS application, so it's always a public-cloud based deployment.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is Microsoft Teams.

What needs improvement?

Improvements can be made with the governance and compliance of this solution.

The migration from tenant to tenant can be improved.

Stability is not a problem.

This is a scalable solution.

We have not needed to contact technical support for this solution.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward once you know what you are doing. There are enough guides and documentation out there to help you.

What other advice do I have?

This solution is updated on a monthly basis.

My advice to anybody who is researching this solution is to understand what you are buying. Microsoft 365 is a huge product. Depending on which plan you purchase, there are a plethora of applications available to you. It's important to understand what those applications can do for you.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Simple to use, stable, and easy to install
  • "What was most valuable for me was how simple this solution is to start using."
  • "The admin panels have too few samples."

What is our primary use case?

We are currently testing this solution, but the primary use case of this solution is for email and Office online.

The deployment model we are using is a private cloud from Microsoft.

What is most valuable?

What was most valuable for me was how simple this solution is to start using.

What needs improvement?

The admin panels have too few samples. It would be better if it were expanded and more samples were added.

There are monthly updates from the developer for new functionalities, but when the updates occur, you lose where the regular functionalities were. They are no longer where you are used to them being.

In the next release, I would like to see visualizing. I would like this to be part of the solution, rather than independent.

I have been using this solution for four months.

The platform is very stable.

We don't need to expand this solution.

It is scalable. When we were in testing we tried the product and some of the team was testing some of the functionalities of Microsoft 365.

We have approximately five or six users.

We have not contacted technical support.

The initial setup was easy.

I did not deploy this solution, but I believe that it took anywhere from one to three months.

The implementation was through our team, not a vendor team.

What other advice do I have?

Pay attention to the migration of the daily solution to the new solution. This is the most painful part.

You can pay online for the migration from the old email server to the new one.

DennisMartens - PeerSpot reviewer
Director of Strategic Sourcing at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Has all the solutions you need to retain core competency in your business
  • "This is a unified business package that helps people be productive in working environments."
  • "Flow and Form components can be improved individually, but it would be nice to see the product take the next step and operate as a unit rather than separate modules."

What is our primary use case?

The basic solution we mostly need Microsoft 365 Business for, is to use Excel to support the internal sourcing process and retain our core competency.

How has it helped my organization?

It gives us all the tools we need to practice business in a single, unified, compatible package.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature in this product is that it allows for fairly high productivity without the requirements for bespoke (i.e., custom made) tools. Microsoft 365 is like a Swiss army knife. You can do pretty much everything you need for a company with it all in one compatible package without deploying multiple solutions.

What needs improvement?

The parts of the product that can be improved are the Forms and Flow features. They can be more intuitive and productive.

We have been using the product for the last year-and-a-half.

I think what Microsoft has provided is certainly a stable and mature solution.

This is scalable product both in component deployment and utility for business practices.

I have not personally really had any reason to contact technical support. If I have any issues, I can answer my own questions. I normally use the various forums and internet support communities.

No serious technical issues have ever occurred.

The product was simple to install in my own deployment and begin to use. Our IT department did the deployment for the company, so I can not say how long deployment takes when deploying on a network.

Our internal IT department does deployments and monitoring of applications and services for the company.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to people who are considering the use of this product is that if you are starting from scratch — from absolute zero — take some courses or training in the product to make sure you have some basic understanding of each of the products in the suite. You need to know what they do and have some basic skills or you will spend a lot of time finding out for yourself what is already easy to learn.

On a scale from one to ten, where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate this product as an eight.

What it can do in the next release to be closer to a ten is to integrate the components better. I would like to see all of the functionality come together in one workspace. I would prefer not to have the work separately with an Excel spreadsheet and a separate PowerPoint interface for presentation and a Flow interface for workflow. This is a little clumsy. I would prefer further integration of all the products into one single solution so it is not necessary to switch back-and-forth as you work. Or have the option to customize how you integrate according to the way you work.

IT with 1-10 employees
I like that it can be installed on multiple devices/platforms

What is our primary use case?

General implementation from an on-premise licensing model.

How has it helped my organization?

At this point, I cannot say if there has been an advantage to changing.

What is most valuable?

Installing on multiple devices/platforms.

What needs improvement?

Cross-application integration.

OnyaToochukwu - PeerSpot reviewer
OnyaToochukwuCEO/Programmer at Tech Elight

That's true, it can run on almost all operating system.

Lucas Lira - PeerSpot reviewer
Business Contact Center at Aloo Telecom
I like the ability to have your documents saved in the cloud for extra protection against computer crashes

What is our primary use case?

• Bringing together all sectors of the company with a single goal
  • Integration in the whole set of products: Like other cloud platforms, Microsoft has done a great job of integrating its products with each other and with other third-party platforms. So, we can achieve our goals.

How has it helped my organization?

The integration of all Microsoft products into the cloud gives us a lot of flexibility on a daily basis. The whole company integrates in a unified way.

What is most valuable?

• Share our desktops and computers for remote troubleshooting
  • The ability to have your documents saved in the cloud for extra protection against computer crashes
  • The ease of using different applications like Excel and Word. They are very easy to use.

What needs improvement?

I think the Skype setup could be improved. It took a bit of research to figure out how to add a group of users, and we still needed each one to add the group. It would be nice to be able to administer this remotely.

Pretty stable in most of its use so far.

My impressions are the best possible; the tool has the power to raise production scalability without consequently raising costs.

I needed the support just to clear some initial doubts. They were helpful and kind.

Yes. The cost benefit of the current service.

No. The initial setup was quite simple.

No. Our internal team made the implementation.

The cost benefit is well worth it. Support is effective.

Google G Suite only.

What other advice do I have?

Just it.

Julio Alberto Avila Bouyon - PeerSpot reviewer
    Project Manager at Atelier Visual C.A
    We evaluated using Google Docs but we are Microsoft users, and for that reason, we decided to continue with their tools.

What is our primary use case?

It is an indispensable tool in the planning of architectural projects, it allows us to organize and manage the stages of the project, process metric calculations and gives vivid memories of the work. Having all the office tools integrated and online facilitates us to share and edit the information from different equipment and devices.

How has it helped my organization?

• It is effortless to implement which ensures the whole team can handle the tools without problem, both the most used, like Word and Excel to make simple documents, and others like PowerPoint for the presentation of architectural projects to customers.
    • It also supports using Skype for remote meetings without major problems, asides being able to support cloud storage which is very useful.

What is most valuable?

• From my personal use, I have found using OneNote indispensable, very often I use it during the day for important reminders and scheduled tasks. Its latest versions have greatly improved its efficiency and usefulness at the fact of being able to insert images into the notes.
    • Skype is also very useful for making video calls to architects who are on site for urgent adjustments.

What needs improvement?

• I am very disappointed that this version does not include the Microsoft Project tool, which is essential in our area of ​​work to plan projects.
    • Outlook has always left me unhappy with its interfaces, although it has improved in its latest updates.

Less than one year.

We have not experienced major problems with the program, some of the errors were solved using tutorials in the network.

We used the traditional desktop version but decided to change to the Microsoft 365 Business version since it offers the opportunity to work online and share the information efficiently, which is much more useful.

It was really simple.

It was implemented internally in the project planning department.

It is a reasonable and acceptable value for the utility and functions that it incorporates.

What other advice do I have?

It is advisable to have a basic knowledge of traditional office tools to be able to get the most out of it.