IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why
Aklilu Shifera - PeerSpot reviewer
Systems Engineer at Symbol Technologies PLC
MSP
It's a capable platform with high availability
  • "Nimble Storage is a capable platform with high availability."
  • "Nimble Storage's integration with the management software could be better."

What is our primary use case?

Nimble Storage can be used for any practical application that requires storage.

What is most valuable?

Nimble Storage is a capable platform with high availability.

What needs improvement?

Nimble Storage's integration with the management software could be better. And to my understanding, Nimble Storage is a block storage system. You need to add another server for file services. I think it would be helpful to have other forms of storage included with Nimble Storage.

Nimble Storage has been a part of our main portfolio for the past two years.
Hyper-Converged (HCI)
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Dell Technologies, Nutanix and others in Hyper-Converged (HCI). Updated: June 2022.
610,190 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Nimble Storage is highly stable.

HPE technical support is great.

Setting up Nimble Storage isn't complex. We're in the process of implementing it for one of ourclients, and we're on the BI interface. We haven't implemented the storage yet. We usually deploy with our partner first to test the implementation, get some feedback from our partners, and deploy it later ourselves. It takes two or three systems engineers to deploy.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Nimble Storage nine out of 10. I would recommend Nimble Storage. It's the best solution that HP has right now. We haven't had any problems, so I can't say anything bad about it. Nimble Storage is a rich in-between solution that covers everything from computing to virtualization and storage. My recommendation is to take full advantage of Nimble Storage beyond just a storage solution and incorporate it to get the availability and scalability of the infrastructure.
Mark Arellano - PeerSpot reviewer
Solutions Architect at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
High performance, effective workflow optimization, and stable
  • "The solution is useful for taking storage snapshots, has high performance, and the CASL architecture is good for optimizing workloads."
  • "The solution could improve by providing better file-level restoration and DVX system options."

What is our primary use case?

We use HPE Nimble Storage dHCI as a storage solution.

How has it helped my organization?

HPE Nimble Storage dHCI gives organizations cost savings because it provides high performance compared to the other solutions. It has a good deduplication and compression ratio.

What is most valuable?

The solution is useful for taking storage snapshots, has high performance, and the CASL architecture is good for optimizing workloads.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by providing better file-level restoration and DVX system options.

I have been using HPE Nimble Storage dHCI for approximately six months.

The solution is stable. They meet their 99.999% reliability standard.

The solution can scale but other solutions can do it easier.

I have used Datrium DVX previously.

The installation takes approximately one day. There are other solutions that are easier to install than HPE Nimble Storage dHCI. We have to register the host IPs and gateways but in other solutions, it does it automatically making it less tedious.

If customers were to purchase this solution it would be a good investment because they are always innovating and have good architecture.

What other advice do I have?

The solution has good technology when comparing to the market today. Even though HPE acquired Nimble Storage, they kept on innovating it.

I rate HPE Nimble Storage dHCI an eight out of ten.

Download our free Hyper-Converged (HCI) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Dell Technologies, Nutanix, and more!
Updated: June 2022