IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Ephesoft Transact OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Ephesoft Transact is #8 ranked solution in top Intelligent Document Processing (IDP) tools. PeerSpot users give Ephesoft Transact an average rating of 10 out of 10. Ephesoft Transact is most commonly compared to ABBYY FlexiCapture: Ephesoft Transact vs ABBYY FlexiCapture. Ephesoft Transact is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 67% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 27% of all views.

Download the Intelligent Document Processing (IDP) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Ephesoft Transact?

Ephesoft provides intelligent document processing solutions with industry-leading technology to help enterprises maximize their productivity. Using AI and patented machine learning technology, Ephesoft’s platform captures data from documents, enriches it with context and amplifies the power of that data, adding intelligence to accelerate any business process and drive successful digital transformation. Once the data is unlocked, Ephesoft classifies it and easily export the data into any ERP, Content Services, RPA, Workflow or other repository.

Customers who have a high volume of valuable documents like invoices, records, contracts, mail, claims or loans, can benefit by accelerating and streamlining processes, eliminating manual data entry and boosting productivity. It’s time to automate your processes and get work done faster.

Ephesoft Transact Customers

Honda Logistics, Washington State Health Care Authority

Ephesoft Transact Video

Ephesoft Transact Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Ephesoft Transact pricing:
  • "Initially, when I got a licensed copy of Ephesoft Transact, it was for one year. After one year, we had to send an email to the Ephesoft team informing them that our license was going to expire. They updated it and provided one license in our file, and we had to update and install the folder. They have versions for one year and lifelong as well."
  • "Transact's pricing could be better for smaller customers."
  • Ephesoft Transact Reviews

Yogesh Shendage - PeerSpot reviewer
    OCR Developer at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
    A stable and scalable smart content acquisition and data classification solution with a useful inject feature
    • "I like the inject feature. With desktop injects, we're doing all these things and extracting these things. Its stable, scalable, and technical support is good."
    • "Their email service and extraction could be better. We get the input via email, and these emails contain different types of documents like Excel, PDF, or they may contain different content in the email body. Due to this variation, sometimes the email service crashes, and emails aren't redirected to Ephesoft Transact. Ephesoft has provided us with new hotfixes. Whatever flaws we found in the 2019.2 version, they have already updated it in the new version, 20.1.05, and it's already released. Drawbacks like not capturing the handwritten fields are now sorted."

What is our primary use case?

We use Ephesoft Transact to extract invoices for different vendors, the total and invoice table containing the item number, descriptions, total amount, and quantity. We get this kind of data from the invoices and put it into a database. We're also capturing some information in the CSV file and placing the CSV file in SharePoint.  We also push the data from the database to some legacy applications. We also extract data through an API and transport it to third-party applications like a finance tool related to remittance. We extract the remittance data and keep it.  These invoices have a separate module called Semantik Transact, which has a template for these invoices. Once you inject the invoice into Semantik Transact, it automatically captures all the information from the invoice. We didn't do the confirmation for the invoice items.

How has it helped my organization?

We bought new processes, and in this way, we have expanded with Ephesoft Transact.

What is most valuable?

I like the inject feature. With desktop injects, we're doing all these things and extracting these things. Its stable, scalable, and technical support is good.

What needs improvement?

Their email service and extraction could be better. We get the input via email, and these emails contain different types of documents like Excel, PDF, or they may contain different content in the email body. Due to this variation, sometimes the email service crashes, and emails aren't redirected to Ephesoft Transact.  Ephesoft has provided us with new hotfixes. Whatever flaws we found in the 2019.2 version, they have already updated it in the new version, 20.1.05, and it's already released. Drawbacks like not capturing the handwritten fields are now sorted.
    Intelligent Document Processing (IDP)
    June 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Ephesoft, ABBYY, OpenText and others in Intelligent Document Processing (IDP). Updated: June 2022.
    609,272 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using Ephesoft Transact since March 2020.

Ephesoft Transact is a stable solution.

Ephesoft Transact is scalable. It has a lot of APIs to integrate with different RPA tools, ERP applications, and databases. That kind of scalability is available with this solution. We currently have about ten users, and most of them are OCR developers. We plan to increase the number of users, and they are getting trained. If the new members are added to this project, our company already has a technical partnership to provide training.

Technical support from the Ephesoft side is very good. If we face any challenging issues, we can raise a ticket with the Ephesoft team, and they will work with us.

The initial setup was straightforward. It took us about 20 minutes to install and deploy this solution. If we deploy it in a client's environment, we test it. We extracted the deployed setup with login credentials.

They provided some manual tools, and following the steps, we downloaded a copy and installed it. They will also provide support to get the installation done.

Initially, when I got a licensed copy of Ephesoft Transact, it was for one year. After one year, we had to send an email to the Ephesoft team informing them that our license was going to expire. They updated it and provided one license in our file, and we had to update and install the folder. They have versions for one year and lifelong as well.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise potential users that Ephesoft Transact is an easy tool to handle. The UI isn't complex, and even if everything isn't handled at the UI level, they can work with the script.  You can also handle issues with scripts. I believe Ephesoft Transact is one of the best tools because the UI is an easy one. The UI-level design makes it easy to handle the development and the superior Ephesoft support system. They will give you quick support to resolve issues and provide training materials. They will train the developer, and after training the developers, they will also support them. That's a good good thing that I saw. Initially, when I joined this project, I also had less knowledge. But with the help of this support system and the training material, I now have superior knowledge. On a scale from one to ten, I would give Ephesoft Transact a nine.

Head of Operational Contracts for TotalEnergies E&P Angola at a tech consulting company with 51-200 employees
    Reseller
    Flexible and customizable with excellent integration

What is our primary use case?

Transact is primarily used to import and export documents, for claims handling, and mail distribution control.

What is most valuable?

Transact's best feature is its ease of customization.

What needs improvement?

Transact could be improved by removing Java and making its pricing more accessible for smaller customers.

I've been using Transact for six years.

Transact is stable.

Transact is scalable.

Ephesoft's technical support is medium - I've seen better and worse.

The initial setup was easy. The standard setup can be handled in a couple of days, but if the customer has specialized needs, it will take around two weeks.

Transact's pricing could be better for smaller customers.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise anybody considering implementing Transact to pick the right supplier unless they have very skilled IT people who can handle the product. I would give Transact a rating of nine out of ten for its flexibility and integration.