IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Dell PowerProtect Data Manager OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Dell PowerProtect Data Manager is #9 ranked solution in top Deduplication Software and #46 ranked solution in best Backup and Recovery Software. PeerSpot users give Dell PowerProtect Data Manager an average rating of 8 out of 10. Dell PowerProtect Data Manager is most commonly compared to Dell Avamar: Dell PowerProtect Data Manager vs Dell Avamar. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 31% of all views.
What is Dell PowerProtect Data Manager?

The Dell EMC PowerProtect Software is called a platform and provides data protection, replication and re-use. It supports long-term retention in the public cloud and is described as a multi-cloud product. Dell EMC slide. Backed up data and virtual machines data are live mounted by VMs in client servers.

Dell PowerProtect Data Manager was previously known as PowerProtect, Dell EMC PowerProtect.

Download the Backup and Recovery Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2022

Dell PowerProtect Data Manager Customers

Rushmore Electric, Melanson Health, Arrow Electronics

Dell PowerProtect Data Manager Video

Dell PowerProtect Data Manager Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Dell PowerProtect Data Manager pricing:
  • "The price of Dell EMC PowerProtect Data Manager is reasonable."
  • "We offer monthly or yearly subscriptions. The price could be cheaper."
  • Dell PowerProtect Data Manager Reviews

G. Manager- Technical Services with 51-200 employees
    Cost-effective, easy to use, and user friendly
    • "Dell EMC PowerProtect Data Manager is user-friendly and easy to use. it does what it needs to do."
    • "The Dell EMC PowerProtect Data Manager reports could improve. There should be different kinds of reports on failures, such as dashboards that we can submit to top management or auditors."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Dell EMC PowerProtect Data Manager to back up our customer's VMware environmental data domain.

How has it helped my organization?

Dell EMC PowerProtect Data Manager is a good cost-effective tool to back up your infrastructure and restore the data when needed. We can also integrate it with the cloud.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The Dell EMC PowerProtect Data Manager reports could improve. There should be different kinds of reports on failures, such as dashboards that we can submit to top management or auditors.
    Backup and Recovery Software
    May 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Dell Technologies, Veeam Software, Commvault and others in Backup and Recovery Software. Updated: May 2022.
    598,116 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using Dell EMC PowerProtect Data Manager for approximately three years.

I have found the solution to be stable.

Dell EMC PowerProtect Data Manager is scalable.

The technical support is okay but they can work on the response time. The last time we had an issue it took a while to receive the proper support.

The initial setup is easy.

We have a team of engineers that did the implementation of the solution. We did not need to involve the engineers of Dell.

The price of Dell EMC PowerProtect Data Manager is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Dell EMC PowerProtect Data Manager an eight out of ten.

Can-Bolat - PeerSpot reviewer
    Solution architect at GlassHouse
    Reseller
    Is the perfect solution for virtual and container directives
    • "It's the perfect solution for virtual and container directives. The data reduction feature works well, and we haven't had any issues."
    • "You need to use additional software to back up entire environments. It will be good if they could support entire tape libraries."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for virtual environments and those using boutique managed products.

What is most valuable?

It's the perfect solution for virtual and container directives.

The data reduction feature works well, and we haven't had any issues.

What needs improvement?

You need to use additional software to back up entire environments. It will be good if they could support entire tape libraries.

If the duplication feature is added to Dell PowerProtect Data Manager, it will be very useful for virtual environments.

We have been working with this solution for about two to three years. It's a cloud solution.

It's a stable product.

It is a scalable solution.

From my perspective as a vendor, the technical support has been fine.

The initial setup is straightforward and takes 15 to 30 minutes to complete.

For the deployment and maintenance, one person is enough.

We offer monthly or yearly subscriptions. The price could be cheaper.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend Dell PowerProtect Data Manager to a lot of customers and would give a rating of eight out of ten.

Download our free Backup and Recovery Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about Dell Technologies, Veeam Software, Commvault, and more!
    Updated: May 2022