Cloudian HyperStore OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Cloudian HyperStore is the #14 ranked solution in top File and Object Storage tools. PeerSpot users give Cloudian HyperStore an average rating of 6.0 out of 10. Cloudian HyperStore is most commonly compared to Dell ECS: Cloudian HyperStore vs Dell ECS. Cloudian HyperStore is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 64% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 22% of all views.

Download the File and Object Storage Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Cloudian HyperStore?

Cloudian HyperStore lets you start small and grow to hundreds of petabytes on-premises simply by adding nodes. Leverage the proven interoperability of the industry’s only 100% native S3 API.

Cloudian HyperStore was previously known as HyperStore, Cloudian HyperStore Object Storage, HyperStore Object Storage.

Cloudian HyperStore Customers

NTT Communications, Casale, Kumo

Cloudian HyperStore Video

Cloudian HyperStore Reviews

Platform Technologies Lead Engineer at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Reasonably priced, but the stability needs to be improved and it is difficult to maintain.
  • "The cost was the main reason we chose to use this solution."
  • "As it is an S3 solution with the same protocol as the one we have with AWS, having better integration with AWS will be beneficial."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution mainly for backups.

What is most valuable?

The cost was the main reason we chose to use this solution.

As it is software-based, it is possible to select one or the other and change the hardware as needed.

What needs improvement?

The stability could improve.

It is not easy to maintain, which is a big drawback to the solution. We have to call the support team to be able to change things that were needed.

I have been using Cloudian HyperStore for approximately two years.

File and Object Storage
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Cloudian, Scality, Red Hat and others in File and Object Storage. Updated: November 2022.
655,774 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It is not stable all of the time We ran into a few issues and had to work with the support team to get the training right. As a result, it isn't the most stable product I'm using.

Cloudian HyperStore is a scalable product.

Backups are for the entire organization. So we have 1500, but it's not direct usage, but rather an indirect usage via backups.

We don't plan to increase our usage next year because we have enough room to expand, but it will depend on our backup needs. I would say it'll be relatively stable. I don't intend to buy any more in the near future.

Because the product is quite complex, it can be difficult to find the right person to solve a specific problem. And escalation isn't always simple.

The installation has been realized with the partner and then I have one person in my team maintaining the product.

The solution was maintained internally by one person, and it was implemented externally by two people.

We have implemented the products with an external partner.

Licensing fees are paid every three or five years.

It's not paid per month. It's not a subscription. You must pay based on the number of uses.

What other advice do I have?

It is very important to understand the tool's purpose and why you want to use the solution. It's an excellent backup solution.

I would rate Cloudian HyperStore a six out of ten.

Download our free File and Object Storage Report and find out what your peers are saying about Cloudian, Scality, Red Hat, and more!
Updated: November 2022