IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

CloudAlly OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Cloud Backup Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is CloudAlly?

CloudAlly Secure Cloud Backup, is the leading SaaS backup & restore solution, helping companies around the world secure their data. We provides powerful, enterprise-grade secure cloud backup for Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint, G Suite, and Salesforce, and more. Data Centers in: North America, the EU, and Australia., CloudAlly Secure Cloud Backup is the No.1 choice for for over 5,000 customers. Learn more at www.CloudAlly.com.

Start a 14 Day Free Trial on: Office 365 Backup, G Suite Backup, Salesforce Backup, and more.

Learn more about us:

TRUST THE SAAS BACKUP PIONEERS

We pioneered Office 365 SaaS backup back in 2011. Rely on our proven, mature and top-rated products, ranked by Newsweek as a leading SaaS backup solution.

COMPREHENSIVE AUTOMATED BACKUP

Rest easy with automated backup of Office 365 Exchange Online (Mail, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks), SharePoint Online, OneDrive, and Groups, including metadata.

EASY ANYTIME/ANYWHERE RESTORE WITH UNLIMITED DATA RETENTION

Quickly recover data using point-in-time, granular, or cross-user restore to any storage - Amazon S3, Azure, Box, Dropbox or your own storage (BYOS). With unlimited data retention.

EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE

24x7x365, “real person”, highly-responsive, multi-channel support with a Customer Support Hub.

SECURE AND AUDIT-READY

ISO 27001 certified, GDPR and HIPAA compliant, global NA/EU/AUS datacenters, OAuth and MFA/2FA support, AES-256 data encryption, and 99.9% uptime SLA.

FLEXIBLE TERMS

Flexible licensing options and tailored billing for seamless scalability.

Protect your Organization from Data Loss

CloudAlly Customers

Check out our customer success stories: https://www.cloudally.com/resources/customer-success-stories/

CloudAlly Video

Archived CloudAlly Reviews (more than two years old)

ICT Officer at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Using the app is straightforward with easy buttons to click on.

What is most valuable?

Simple sign up and use - Was able to login using Gmail. Using the app is straightforward with easy buttons to click on. Backup reports - We receive regular backup reports and this is essential. Restoring data is easy too: A click away

How has it helped my organization?

Initially, we were worried about the safety of customer information, but not anymore because CloudAlly is ISO 27001 certified and HIPAA compliant. Therefore, we can proudly use safety of customer information as a selling point for our financial services.

What needs improvement?

Adding the option of being able to backup data from a computer disc or phone.

June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about CloudAlly, Spanning Cloud Apps, Veeam Software and others in Cloud Backup. Updated: June 2022.
608,010 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Customer Service: We didn't contact their customer service at any point because the backup and recovery process is pretty straightforward. But they have a customer support email and phone just in case. Technical Support: CloudAlly can be used by a non-techie person because it's simple. We didn't contact the technical support, but it's available for any user who may encounter a problem.

Yes, we used to back up our data on Google drive but switched to CloudAlly because Google drive lacks cloud storage and any data can be lost if it's purged from the recycle bin.

Very straightforward.

In-house.

Definitely an impressive ROI because the app is inexpensive and saves us time, headaches plus slow computer devices that could be jammed with huge data. We've got new customers coming in because we can now keep their information safe.

The app is inexpensive and starts at around $2 per user per month.

Yes, we used Google drive and Dropbox but they were not as effective as CloudAlly when it comes to cloud storage.

What other advice do I have?

The backup solution is reliable and ideal for individuals, small and medium sized businesses.
it_user75603 - PeerSpot reviewer
Consultant at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
The service allowed me to add additional admin profiles to my service so I can delegate tasks and monitor progress.

What is most valuable?

I found the backup and restore functions quite useful. The restore procedure ensures that my restored data is clearly labelled with "

How has it helped my organization?

The service allowed me to add additional admin profiles to my service so I can delegate tasks and monitor progress freeing me up for other tasks that need my attention. Also I know I am covered if my internal backup hardware fails. This definitely saves me time and helps to minimize the risk associated to what I call DROPs (disaster recovery operations).

What needs improvement?

Some users might want to spend more time testing out extensive backup and restore procedures. It would also be good to extend backup solutions to online systems like CRM data.

I started working with the solution in November (12th to be precise).

I had no issues with deployment, signing up was a breeze and I got up and running in a few minutes which says a lot about ease of use.

So far the platform seems very stable which should be expected because I looked around to know about the underlying technology the platform runs on.

No issues.

Frankly speaking, I have been able to use the service without external help.

The attached user manual which is available for free download was well written by the documentation team. It looks quite detailed and extensive with clear visuals/screenshots.

Yes I did, CloudAlly was recommended and it was good to see that I could backup easily without having to muddle through a lot of menus. I also like the fact that the dashboard centralizes all my backup, so I can run through each backup job or archive without difficulty.

Setup was quite straightforward. I did this in less than a minute. I also liked the fact that I could easily tweak my backup jobs with minimum fuss.

This was a self implementation.

Pretty satisfied.

I think the pricing is fair and competitive and users would find that you might not have to break the bank to use the service. Also if you are inclined you can always make a local copy of your archives before and if you choose to cancel your subscription. Be careful though as with all subscription services the more you ask for, the higher the charges.

What other advice do I have?

With this solution, its remarkable to see that ease of use means ease of use. I am sure it will work well for both non-technical and experienced admins alike.

June 2022
608,010 professionals have used our research since 2012.
IT Associate at a tech services company
It has helped to backup our email boxes and OneDrive.

What is most valuable?

The backup features.

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped to backup our email boxes and OneDrive.

What needs improvement?

Allow individuals access to certain amount of storage for personal data backup.

One week.

None

Didn't have to contact customer service as the application was self explanatory.

Didn't have to contact technical support as I was able to handle the solution myself.

CloudAlly provides a unique solution for every major email application.

It was straightforward but required bit of technical knowledge.

It was an in-house implementation.

That can't be estimated for now as we just started using the product.

If you can afford it, go for it. I think the pricing is affordable.

Yes, we were using Dropbox but that was for general backup and not specific to email applications.

What other advice do I have?

Keep up the good work!

Download our free Cloud Backup Report and find out what your peers are saying about CloudAlly, Spanning Cloud Apps, Veeam Software, and more!
Updated: June 2022