Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Check Point Full Disk Encryption Software Blade OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Check Point Full Disk Encryption Software Blade is #3 ranked solution in top Mobile Data Protection tools and #5 ranked solution in top Endpoint Encryption tools. PeerSpot users give Check Point Full Disk Encryption Software Blade an average rating of 8.8 out of 10. Check Point Full Disk Encryption Software Blade is most commonly compared to WinMagic SecureDoc: Check Point Full Disk Encryption Software Blade vs WinMagic SecureDoc. Check Point Full Disk Encryption Software Blade is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 47% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 19% of all views.
Check Point Full Disk Encryption Software Blade Buyer's Guide

Download the Check Point Full Disk Encryption Software Blade Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Check Point Full Disk Encryption Software Blade?

The Check Point Full Disk Encryption Software Blade provides automatic security for all information on endpoint hard drives, including user data, operating system files and temporary and erased files. For maximum data protection, multi-factor pre-boot authentication ensures user identity, while encryption prevents data loss from theft.
Learn more about Full disk encryption.

Check Point Full Disk Encryption Software Blade Customers

Osmose, International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW)

Check Point Full Disk Encryption Software Blade Video

Check Point Full Disk Encryption Software Blade Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Check Point Full Disk Encryption Software Blade pricing:
"As it costs $125 per workstation per year, something which is above the price of what the competition is charging, the solution is definitely too expensive."

Check Point Full Disk Encryption Software Blade Reviews

Adriamcam - PeerSpot reviewer
Consultant at ITQS
Reseller
Reliable with good monitoring and is straightforward to administer
  • "It keeps the devices well monitored."
  • "They could improve the latency in the platform when entering the portal."

What is our primary use case?

In the organization, over a couple of years, various types of security and software solutions had been implemented, and we needed something for the data media recorder, such as USB hard drives, among others. We did some research on Check Point. We found it provided us with the functionalities that we needed to provide security for the data of the company and our employees. One of the important characteristics we found was that the agent that performs the recording functions does not consume as many resources as others do.

How has it helped my organization?

Implementing the Check Point Full Disk Encryption Software Blade tool improved security in our organization and reinforced it. With the latest technologies, we had our perimeter covered, however, certain units needed even more security. With this new acquisition, we strengthened everything. It has helped us there. Our users can have several documentation applications on their computers and not run the risk of anything getting stolen since the information is 100% protected and encrypted. It gives us confidence that the computers can be outside of the office without running into risk.

What is most valuable?

Check Point Full Disk Encryption Software Blade presents very reliable characteristics.

It keeps the devices well monitored. This is very important for IT administrators. They can have control as activities and functions can be stored to later be able to do a forensic audit and extract relevant statistics for the organization.

In addition to all this, it is a straightforward product to administer and configure and also offers the functionality for updates without affecting the characteristics that have been already implemented. Like all good tools, it has alerts via email.

What needs improvement?

They could improve the latency in the platform when entering the portal.

They need to improve the time the first encryption takes. It affects the performance time a little too much.

I've had negative experiences when it comes to receiving support. The response time is very slow and sometimes the agent changes and you have to explain everything again. In general, however, everything meets the needs very well.

They should improve the encryption time on the units at the time of making a recovery of x unit.

Check Point Full Disk Encryption Software Blade
September 2022
Learn what your peers think about Check Point Full Disk Encryption Software Blade. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
632,779 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Currently, we've used the solution for one year.

The product remains very stable even when an update is made.

The scalability they present is very good. It scales very fast.

Support must improve the attention and speed in which they attend to client cases.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The installation was very easy and fast. The tool is user-friendly with its installation interface.

The seller accompanied the implementation, and his experience with the tool was good.

The ROI is important, however, what is more important is to make a good investment that keeps your company and users safe.

Depending on the organization and the amount of equipment, a potential new user must take into account which technology and what else it offers in general. We have several users and in our case it has worked quite well in terms of cost and licenses.

We did look into BitLocker and DiskCryptor. They were evaluated however, they did not offer the features that Check Point Full Disk Encryption Software Blade had.

What other advice do I have?

They should improve a bit of the latency and need to be more responsive on the technical support side.

Private Cloud
Support at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Secure with a good centralized environment and fast encryption
  • "This encryption is relatively fast and really covers the needs required."
  • "The tool is too expensive to be an add-on to the main solution. They could launch it independently so that costs can be lowered."

What is our primary use case?

Our company has departments that are quite mobile, such as IT and sales departments, where they need to take their equipment everywhere. Given this condition, it was necessary to reinforce the security of these devices in order to protect the information contained in them. .

We required a solution that in an agile and centralized way could provide encryption in the units of the equipment in order to avoid loss or theft of the devices and the exposure of business information.

Thanks to the support of checkpoint we were able to find a solution that could be used in our main environment to provide and meet these requirements.

How has it helped my organization?

Check Point Full Disk Encryption Software Blade gave us the opportunity to manage encryption on laptops that were carried  out of the office giving us the security of  drive encryption and implementation through the management portal.

This encryption is quite fast and really covers the needs required.

The encryption algorithms are quite secure such as AES 256 in addition to the alerts that can be implemented to have the entire environment with a greater degree of control and administration.

What is most valuable?

For the company, the great characteristics of this tool is its centralized environment which offers the management of the tool from the same checkpoint security management,

On the other hand, the implementation of self-management policies on devices is quite easy to implement, generating speed.

The algorithms implemented by Check Point Full Disk Encryption Software Blade are very secure, this generates a lot of confidence in the tool.

Finally, this tool can be implemented in an existing checkpoint gateway environment to keep everything in one place.

What needs improvement?

Check Point Full Disk Encryption Software Blade has some improvements both in its official documentation which can be renewed, also the tool is expensive to be an add on of the main solution, I think they could launch it independently so that costs can be lowered.

As for the dashboard, I think it could be renewed to be more attractive to users.

As for the costs, I think they can also be public so as not to always depend on a partner, in this way the client can be more versatile in their decisions about what they want to implement.

Another of the solutions used from our GW + S.Management checkpoint environments, through the blades that are incorporated into the main solution.

We have used this tool for several years now with pretty good results.

Previously we used Windows disk encryption management, however it was not to our liking or as robust as we wanted.

My advice is to always validate the scope of the solutions in addition to the costs to see if the company can or is the tool required for them.

We always evaluate options to determine which is the best, this checkpoint option seems to us to be what we required.

Private Cloud

Check Point Full Disk Encryption Software Blade
September 2022
632,779 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Cloud Support - Security Admin at a tech company with 1-10 employees
User
Good centralized management and control with excellent performance
  • "We never had any complaints about the performance of computers with this tool to be able to manage the protection of disks and drives."
  • "Regarding the general topic of support, many have annoyances with it."

What is our primary use case?

We get good functioning from the Check Point tool in order to perform encryption and protection of storage devices, disks, and drives, among others. We look for functionality in several manufacturers. However, this blade is very good both on paper and in the testing.

The tool has helped us improve the security of business data. With this tool and through its easy-to-implement agent, the desired unit is encrypted in order to avoid losing critical information in the company.

It can be implemented easily with Harmony Endpoint.

How has it helped my organization?

Check Point Full Disk Encryption Software Blade helped us to have a solid solution with centralized management and control through its endpoint management.

It's ideal as an operating agent at the endpoint. We never had any complaints about the performance of computers with this tool to be able to manage the protection of disks and drives.

Additionally, its remote management allows us to determine what to protect or what not is quite good. It is easy to execute and helped us a lot with the management in the company.

What is most valuable?

One of the most interesting functions that Check Point Full Disk Encryption Software Blade is that it can make it easy for massive implementation through the centralized administration portal where we can remotely take control of the protected units as well as offline.

This feature, in addition to encrypting, provides protection to prevent. If a device is lost, the information it contains cannot be deciphered. In our company, this functionality was promoted by the Check Point vendor according to our needs and the capabilities it provides.

It's an easy implementation with plenty of guide information.

What needs improvement?

The improvement points that Check Point can make are to add more performance when decrypting to be able to free a unit. This task right now is somewhat slow.

Regarding the general topic of support, many have annoyances with it. However, it is due to the time and the management of the help. For the most part they work in a different time zone. They are generally with us at dawn and this doesn't really work.

Although they are excellent, they should improve their small problems to try to improve.

We've used this software for some time to centralize our Check Point security devices. This blade is very effective through the centralized portal.

Previously, we used the Microsoft tool. However, we already use Check Point as security tools.

Generally, the costs of Check Point tools are not public, which is why you need a good partner who can provide you with the help that one requires as a client.

We chose this product thanks to our partner - who had the right knowledge to help us make the decision to acquire this tool.

Other options were looked at, however, we like the manufacturer and its characteristics match what we need.

Security And Network Administrator at a comms service provider with 501-1,000 employees
Easy to set up and stable with good technical support
  • "The initial setup is easy."
  • "You do need to be careful that you don't mess too much with the endpoint, or you might have issues with the work stations."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily for the endpoint as a firewall-type Blade. We implement several different Blades.

What is most valuable?

The solution is pretty reliable.

The initial setup is easy.

The stability is very good.

Technical support is pretty good.

What needs improvement?

I cant speak to any aspects that are lacking. We don't feel there are any missing features.

We've been dealing with the solution for three or four years at this point. it's been a while now.

We do use full encryption at this point. Right now, this is just encrypting the hard drives. If you put any type of foreign device in, you have the option to, if you want, utilize it, however, you have to make the choice of encrypting it.

The solution offers good stability. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. the performance is reliable.

I don't really have too many thoughts on scalability. I used to work with it to a certain point, and that was just initially trying to get it implemented and set up. After that, we realized that it's a full-time endeavour. When you mess with the endpoint, you might actually mess with the workstations. I'm not on the help desk or a part of the service team. I'm the network person. I don't get into the day-to-day of pushing updates or making sure that certain Blades were implemented on end user devices and stuff like that.

I'm not sure of the exact number of people on the solution at this time.

Technical support is really good. They are quite reliable and responsive. We've been satisfied with the level of support they have provided.

My understanding is that the initial setup is pretty straightforward. It's not complex. however, I didn't personally implement it. It's not a complex process.

I don't handle the pricing or anything like that. I don't actually get involved in the pricing or licensing aspects of the product.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers and end-users. We don't have a business relationship with Check Point.

We likely use the most recent version of the solution, however, I cannot speak to the exact version number.

I'd rate the solution at a ten out of ten. It's a pretty robust product and we're satisfied with its capabilities.

alvarado - PeerSpot reviewer
Cloud Support Leader at a tech company with 51-200 employees
User
Protective with good encryption and reporting
  • "Alerts are sent to email and can be configured to notify findings and vulnerabilities in the information, and events, among others. This monitoring is really very good for the company since decisions can be made to adjust the policies."
  • "It is important to improve the way they provide support."

What is our primary use case?

The Check Point Media Encryption Software Blade provides centrally-enforceable encryption of any type of data medium, DVS, hard drive, and USB, among others. It's an important feature to prevent the theft of user information. It provides security for the company's data in addition to the other security services we have.

We love the encryption it automatically provides and its work agent uses almost no computer resources, an excellent hardware protection tool.

How has it helped my organization?

Check Point Full Disk Encryption Software Blade has improved our organization in the way that all data is protected as it is one of the most important assets for us. The loss of data would involve the loss of sensitive information. Therefore, in the IT and security department we are looking for a tool that could be quite versatile to protect this data, in the past a laptop and the information on it were lost, and in the face of this, we seek to improve and protect this information.

At a managerial level, this tool provides a lot of security.

What is most valuable?

Check Point Full Disk Encryption Software Blade has Registration and Alerts. They are very good features for administrators since team activities can be stored, allowing us to validate audits and centralize reports in order to ensure that everyone is in compliance with configured rules. Alerts are sent to email and can be configured to notify findings and vulnerabilities in the information, and events, among others. This monitoring is really very good for the company since decisions can be made to adjust the policies.

What needs improvement?

They could improve a bit on the encryption time of the units. They take a little time to recover. On the other hand, encryption also takes a little extra when it is completed for the first time. These are some details that can affect the performance of the technology implemented through the blade.

It is important to improve the way they provide support. It is not bad, however, sometimes it takes a long time to coordinate sessions.

The Check Point Full Disk Encryption Software Blade provides automatic security for all information, which is an ideal feature for staff who travel or go to clients with their equipment, this helps to protect the information if it is lost or stolen. We used this blade for more than half a year and everything has gone very well.

We used the Microsoft tool, however, we wanted to try other alternatives, so we switched to Check Point to test it.

We validate various documentation from other manufacturers.

Field Services IT Desktop Support Supervisor at a government with 5,001-10,000 employees
Superior Security, reliable, easy to use, and highly scalable
  • "They have Disc Encryption, Anti-Malware, and a VPN Blade which is beneficial for us."
  • "The response time for technical support could be faster."

What is our primary use case?

We use Check Point Full Disk Encryption Software Blade as anti-virus and anti-malware protection on our endpoints.

This solution is available as an enterprise bundle, which we use on all of our endpoints.

What is most valuable?

It has been proven to be completely effective with us. We haven't had anything related to threats pass through our system in the last five years.

It is easy to use.

When a new version becomes available, it automatically updates. The update is seamless, regardless of the features you have, because some features will not apply to clinics depending on what we use. We don't have a pre-built screen.

Whether it is a laptop or a desktop, we can customize it so that it does not interfere with our operations.

We do not need to change our security because it is superior to that of the Department of Technology.

What needs improvement?

The response time for technical support could be faster.

I have been working with Check Point Full Disk Encryption Software Blade for 10 years.

The stability of Check Point Full Disk Encryption Software Blade is very good.

Check Point Full Disk Encryption Software Blade is highly scalable.

The technical support is a little slow in responding, but they always come through.

The initial setup only requires the use of a small executable. It works well.

I definitely don't have any information regarding the price. I am not involved in the purchase, maintenance, or contract.

The company is considering FireEye. I am evaluating the pros and cons, as well as the differences and benefits of using that other endpoint solution.

I am trying to compare what we have with FireEye because that is supposed to be mandated by the state. FireEye does not have what we have in Check Point, and we are attempting to justify why we don't need to change our environment.

This is being considered because they want to provide reports for the state, which we can do by customizing the reports they request.

What other advice do I have?

We have not had any problems with this solution which includes devices that have been lost or stolen.

I would rate Check Point Full Disk Encryption Software Blade a ten out of ten.

Head of the cyber defense operational unit at a government with 5,001-10,000 employees
Provides 360-degree security on one's work station
  • "The solution provides complete security for one's workstation."
  • "While the solution works as it should, it is overly expensive."

What is our primary use case?

We are using the most up-to-date version, software blades 82 through 85.

We use the solution for endpoint encryption and it handles everything. There's security, a firewall within the workstation and DLP within the solution and on the workstation. It makes use of 360-degree security on one's workstation.

What is most valuable?

The solution provides complete security for one's workstation.

What needs improvement?

While the solution works as it should, it is overly expensive.

We've been using Check Point Full Disk Encryption Software Blade for a couple of years.

We have had no issues with the stability. While we require a bit more of a processing unit, there is nothing to add in this regard.

In as much as the solution provides a view of what is happening on one's workstation, I would say it's really scalable.

We have the guidance we need when it comes to tech support.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward. One only need install a simple agent on the workstation and the management handles everything else on it, so installation is pretty straightforward.

The solution is overpriced.

We are not talking about a licensing fee in respect of tech support. The way Check Point works is that one pays for a percentage of the technology that he has. Diamond support has a higher percentage than normal support. Essentially, the person is charged for a percentage of what he owns.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is that a person use a centralized solution. Our attempts to use a local solution on a work station have been disasterous. Yet, the moment we got a centralized management solution, the deployment and management became really easy to do.

I rate Check Point Full Disk Encryption Software Blade as an eight out of ten.

Download our free Check Point Full Disk Encryption Software Blade Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: September 2022