IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

BMC IT Business Management OnDemand OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Project Portfolio Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2022

What is BMC IT Business Management OnDemand?

The BMC IT Business Management OnDemand suite of solutions includes:

• Service Cost Management OnDemand to achieve visibility into the true cost of IT services;
  • IT Financial Planning and Analysis OnDemand to improve the speed and reliability of IT financial planning and budgeting cycles;
  • Demand and Resource Management OnDemand that provides project portfolio management and aligns IT staff, assets and resources with enterprise demand;
  • Supplier Management OnDemand to benchmark, manage and optimize IT vendors; and
  • A single named user option for the entire ITBM suite providing full functionality at a reduced cost.

BMC IT Business Management OnDemand was previously known as IT Business Management OnDemand, BMC IT Business Management Suite.

BMC IT Business Management OnDemand Customers

AtTask, Cast & Crew, ChipRewards, Fujitsu, Orange Business Services

BMC IT Business Management OnDemand Video

Archived BMC IT Business Management OnDemand Reviews (more than two years old)

Associate Director at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Tight integration with systems like SAP, Oracle Financials and Siebel

What is most valuable?

Tight integration with systems like SAP, Oracle Financials and Siebel Demand management: It helps in planning methodology used to forecast or predict, plan for and manage the demand for products and services. Finance planning & analysis: It helps accelerate planning cycles and make decisions based on real-time financial insights. It supports budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis, performance management, and more. These features can help you track and control costs, and tightly align operations with business strategy, and control the allocated or budgeted costs vs. actual and forecasted cost. Portfolio management: It is one of the very important functions in this space because in my view it is the function that ensures that the portfolio of IT projects, applications and infrastructure are providing cost-effective benefits to the organization. It is the centralized management of the processes, methods, and technologies used by project managers and project management offices to analyze and manage projects.

How has it helped my organization?

I belong to an organization that provides implementation services to our customers, so it is our customers who benefit and see improvements in their functions. I believe that the BMC ITBM solution provides valuable information to CIOs and other business heads, and helps them take quick business decisions about how to manage and utilize their resources.

What needs improvement?

Better integration with other corporate finance systems would be an advantage. I personally feel there is room for improvement in this regard. Other than that, I would like to see the out-of-the-box reporting support graphical representations that are easily integrated with Microsoft Outlook, Excel or PowerPoint.

I have used it for five years or so. I am using other BMC products as well, such as its Remedy ITSM, BladeLogic suite, ProactiveNet suite, etc. I handle the department which provides services to our customers in the business service management domain, covering monitoring, event management, automation, ITSM, analytics and dashboards around the health of all these solutions.
Project Portfolio Management
May 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about BMC, Broadcom, Software AG and others in Project Portfolio Management. Updated: May 2022.
607,127 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have not encountered any stability issues.

I have not encountered any scalability issues.

Technical support is satisfactory.

It is a straightforward process to implement and configure the product.

Pricing is good, and discounts from the vendor are possible, if you are buying a decent quantity from them.

My organization is a service provider and we do provide our services for different vendor tools. BMC is one of the vendors for whom we provide services.

What other advice do I have?

It is a decent product. There are many similar products available in the market, so prepare a list of everything you really need in the solution. According to that list, compare the different products and score them.
Download our free Project Portfolio Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about BMC, Broadcom, Software AG, and more!
Updated: May 2022