BeyondTrust Remote Support OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

BeyondTrust Remote Support is the #4 ranked solution in top Privileged Access Management (PAM) tools and #6 ranked solution in top Remote Access tools. PeerSpot users give BeyondTrust Remote Support an average rating of 8.8 out of 10. BeyondTrust Remote Support is most commonly compared to TeamViewer: BeyondTrust Remote Support vs TeamViewer. BeyondTrust Remote Support is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 63% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 17% of all views.
BeyondTrust Remote Support Buyer's Guide

Download the BeyondTrust Remote Support Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is BeyondTrust Remote Support?

BeyondTrust Remote Support is software built to help organizations gain access to and support nearly any remote computer or mobile device with a single solution. BeyondTrust Remote Support works across Windows, Mac, and Linux and gives you access and control whether a device is on or off the network.

BeyondTrust Remote Support Features

BeyondTrust Remote Support has many valuable key features. Some of the most useful ones include:

• Remote access and control: IT administrators have the ability to resolve issues at light speed, improving productivity and also end-user satisfaction.
  • Efficiency and scale: With BeyondTrust Remote Support, you can manage unattended access to any system and you can also create mass installer packages.
  • Compliance: BeyondTrust Remote Support allows you to automatically monitor activity in real time, record all session activity, and produce a detailed audit log without interfering with service desk processes.
  • Team and permissions administration: By using BeyondTrust Remote Support, you can Implement security across your service desk with granular role and permissions settings.
  • Native 2FA: BeyondTrust Verify is a TOTP native 2FA capability. It can be enabled for any user and verifies the identity of users before a BeyondTrust Remote Support session is actually launched.
  • Credential injection: If users integrate with the BeyondTrust Vault or BeyondTrust Password Safe, they can directly inject credentials into systems and end servers with just one click.

BeyondTrust Remote Support Benefits

Some of the benefits of using BeyondTrust Remote Support include:

• Security and privacy: BeyondTrust Remote Support gives support teams quick access to desktops and IT systems without revealing their credentials and passwords. In addition, integrating BeyondTrust Privileged Access complements and controls access to privileged user accounts to protect mission-critical IT systems.
  • Mobile support: BeyondTrust Remote Support allows IT teams to provide instant remote support to mobile device users. The solution also supports Android smartphones and tablets as well as iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch).
  • ServiceNow integration: BeyondTrust Remote Support offers integrated remote support and secure chat.
  • Support across multiple systems and devices: The BeyondTrust Remote Support solution can help your organization achieve reliable remote support for end users and customers using Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, or any other operating system.

Reviews from Real Users

Below are some reviews and helpful feedback written by BeyondTrust Remote Support users.

A Cybersecurity Architect at a tech vendor says, “The most valuable features are the ease of deployment, performance, pre and post-sales support, the vast majority of the localization they have done and the solution provider that they support. You can't compete with TeamViewer or any other similar products. It's completely in a class of its own.”

An Enterprise Service Desk Systems Manager at a manufacturing company comments, "Screen sharing, in general, is pretty important for a service desk. Another thing that I have found to be very helpful is that you can also do screen sharing on a cell phone. When people have an issue with their cell phone, it is ordinarily very difficult to troubleshoot the issue. With BeyondTrust Remote Support, you can share the cell phone screen, and somebody can take a look at it remotely. I am not sure if other competing solutions offer this feature. It is pretty user-friendly. It is also good performance-wise."

PeerSpot user Mark B., Sr VP of Business Operations at Networking Technologies and Support, Inc., explains that he thinks the solution is “Great for delivering end-user support, good at recording sessions, and very stable.

BeyondTrust Remote Support was previously known as Bomgar Remote Support.

BeyondTrust Remote Support Customers

InterContinental Hotels Group, Williams-Sonoma Inc., eBay, Carbonite, Computer Sciences Corporation

BeyondTrust Remote Support Video

Archived BeyondTrust Remote Support Reviews (more than two years old)

Sr VP fo Business Operations at Networking Technologies and Support, Inc.
  • "The solution has been very stable. We haven't had issues at all. It doesn't crash or freeze. There aren't bugs or glitches either."
  • "Non-Windows support capabilities need improvement. They need to expand into Macs, iOS, and Android. It's there now, however, there's room for growth and that's probably the best area to expand."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for connecting to our customer systems to remediate issues.

How has it helped my organization?

We deliver remote support for end-user clients. This tool is deployed in our end-user support division where we take care of the needs of computer users and we connect to their computers and we help them resolve their issues. We absolutely need a remote support tool. I don't have any metrics that say this improves our bottom line versus that one, however, we can't do this service without this tool.

What is most valuable?

The solution's most valuable aspect is its ability to be able to record sessions.

BeyondTrust Remote Support
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about BeyondTrust Remote Support. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
653,522 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I've been using the solution for ten years. It's been about a decade so far.

I don't have enough data on scalability. It's just anecdotal, however, it seems to expand horizontally and you can just add more licenses.

We have a concurrent license model and we have 15 licenses. The people who use it in our organization are all help desk folks.

We have plans to increase usage. As we grow, we add new licenses.

I don't know of any interaction with technical support. I've never reached out to them in the past.

We're also using Instant Housecall. We bought another company and they are the ones using the Instant Housecall. As part of the merging of these two organizations, we needed to pick one and stick with it.

The initial setup is not complex. It's quite straightforward. I say "Get it done," and they get it done. It's very easy for me.

There wasn't really an implementation strategy that I know of. It was deployed before I began working with the company.

The help desk manager is in charge of maintence and they probably dedicate less than 10% of their time, maybe 5% of an FTE.

The initial setup was done in-house with our own team. We didn't need the assistance of resellers or consultants.

We have a service offering called Remote Support. We can't deliver it without this tool. The tool costs $10,000 and we make $100,000. It's a pretty good ROI.

The licensing is concurrent and we spend about $10,000. It's my understanding that there aren't any extra costs beyond just the straight licensing.

What other advice do I have?

We use a current version of the solution. We have a subscription model, and therefore we always buy the latest and greatest.

I'd advise anyone considering the solution to talk with experts both in their company and without.

On a scale from one to ten, I'd rate it at an eight.

Private Cloud
Cybersecurity Architect at a tech vendor with 1-10 employees
Easy to deploy, has good performance, good pre and post-sales support, and is an undisputed global leader
  • "You can't compete with TeamViewer or any other similar products. It's completely in a class of its own."
  • "It lacks voice integration like the other products because they need the compression to support that large amount of concurrent sessions. We've had to sacrifice voice."

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are:

• The ease of deployment
  • Performance
  • Pre and post-sales support
  • The vast majority of the localization they have done
  • The solution provider that they support.

Bomgar brand, or now BeyondTrust's brand reputation is great. It is very strong, it's an undisputed global leader. You just can't argue about it.

The most important aspect is the amount of compression the Bomgar team has done. They compress so much compared to other products. It really makes it stand out from its peers. If you have more sessions concurrently working, if the client does not compress enough, it would just basically chew up all the bandwidth. This is their DNA. It is just the best in compression.

What needs improvement?

It's just a trade-off, not a complaint, that they could never put voice into it. It lacks voice integration like the other products because they need the compression to support that large amount of concurrent sessions. We've had to sacrifice voice. It's no big deal. You have more sessions, you don't really need the voice part of it. It's just a convenience.

Other than that, it is a de-facto standard whether you like it or not.

It should have more integration with CyberArk. Of course, that's an open-ended statement. The reason being is because Bomgar, or now BeyondTrust, also sells something similar to CyberArk. CyberArkk has the largest market share. It doesn't seem that BeyondTrust will provide any knowledge base or integration for customers to integrate BeyondTrust with CyberArk.

But from a partner concern, oftentimes we have customers using CyberArk. They ask us to provide professional services to integrate both. Then we have to work on our own without vendor support.

I have been using Bomgar for over five years.

It is absolutely stable.

Absolutely the most scalable product. They ship the Virtual Appliance plus two or three different models of their hardware appliances. You can scale up to a very, very large implementation which, to my understanding, we have many huge customers.

This also highlights the value-differentiator. The hardware appliance has Atlas; that's fault tolerance and has load balancing built-in. Our competitors don't even have syncable features. Bomgar has had those features in its plan since day one.

Unlike other products, Bomgar is licensed per support representative. The guys actually provide support to customers.

Instability and performance have never been a problem compared to cloud-based because it's on-premise.  It is secure, it's fast, it's easy to deploy.

We use it almost daily. We are into the technical support business and we rely on this tool 7x24x365.

Their support team is outstanding, really the best in the industry. The support engineers are well-trained and they know the product very well. It makes our jobs a lot easier when we deploy or when we have problems.

Bomgar acquired BeyondTrust but then they retained the BeyondTrust name. BeyondTrust support was terrible. But not the Bomgar team. Bomgar support was good. They merged as one team, the BeyondTrust team for the other products, for the PAM products. Bomgar Remote Support is still the best.

The initial setup is absolutely straightforward. It is really seamless to fire up the Virtual Appliance. It only requires one person for the setup.

It took all of two hours. To deploy it and set it up and configure it, it doesn't take more than two hours. The customization requires more time and expertise.

From a reseller's point of view, this is great, because this creates huge service revenue, professional service for partners. But from an end-user, it's a lot of handshaking and a lot of time-consuming and labor-intensive tasks involved. It's not easy to integrate it with Service Now and Remedy because those are not simple systems to set up, not turnkey systems. There's a lot of aspects involved.

In a way it's good. But generally, you just want to set it up and get it to work, it doesn't require more than two hours.

What other advice do I have?

Definitely take the 30-days trial and don't jump to any conclusions to integrate with their ITSM tool. Evaluate it first, sit down and study it a little bit further before making a commitment to do the integration with an ITSM tool because that involves a lot of investment and time.

Customers have a budget to pay for the integration, the amount of time involved, it's not the easiest to deploy the product. It's quite complex to integrate an ITSM tool with BeyondTrust Remote Access. The process is not as simple as a lot of people think. Don't underestimate it. It's quite complex to do an integration between an ITSM tool with BeyondTrust, or likewise with any other remote access control product.

BeyondTrust is a very powerful product, it has many features. Make sure that you have enough buffer. Don't underestimate the complexity. And then just get the Bomgar up and running, take advantage of it. Once your team gets to know the product, you're going to start thinking about doing the integration.

I would rate it a ten out of ten.

It operates on a website, has the additional protection of their website, of the BeyondTrust portal, in addition to two-factor authentication.

In the next release, it should have a little bit more intrusion detection. Customers have to worry about how to protect the portal being attacked by would-be hackers or perpetrators.

I would say it's a perfect product, but it can't do everything in one. It would be nice to have something extra in there as an option. It would be nice. But it's already perfect. This is quite a mature product.

BeyondTrust Remote Support
November 2022
653,522 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Kevin Baldwin - PeerSpot reviewer
PC Technician at Cape Fear Community College
Response times are quicker and more efficient
  • "We rarely need support for anything, but when we do, they are on it and always helpful."
  • "I personally like the ability to share files with other machines."
  • "Bomgar has given us the ability to manage the majority of our calls from a remote location making response times quicker and more efficient."

What is our primary use case?

We use Bomgar Remote Support to manage a fleet of more than 3000 computers across four campuses in two counties. This support extends to both hardware and software support in addition to assistance as needed for more than 1500 employees and an annual count of over 25,000 students.

How has it helped my organization?

Bomgar has given us the ability to manage the majority of our calls from a remote location making response times quicker and more efficient. We also have the ability to knowingly offer support to students from their homes, which extends conveniences, such as password resets and assistance with class registration.

What is most valuable?

I personally like the ability to share files with other machines. It gives me the ability to harvest the tools that I need for a job before handling them when I connect to that machine. I simply move that package over to the machine that I need to work on, then perform the needed work.

What needs improvement?

Bomgar is an inclusive software package. It has been improved upon several times already.

More than five years.

Stability with Bomgar has been solid. We have no complaints.

There seems to be no scalability issues with Bomgar, regardless of the number of technicians we have using the system or the number of devices that we have in session at one time.

We were using LogMeIn before deciding to go with Bomgar. While LogMeIn was a decent solution, Bomgar had several features that we liked. These features were not supported by LogMeIn.

As for setup, we had Bomgar come in and assist us with it. It was not difficult. The things that they needed to know about our domain were readily available. It was a smooth transition.

Bomgar sent a team and they were fantastic. Adoption and deployment were quick and smooth.

This is a hard one to factor in. Before Bomgar, we spent 80% of the time running from building to building and to the campus installing the software, also training employees. This has been turned upside down. We are much more efficient now than before. That allows us the ability to turn over tickets quicker and get people back to work faster. The ROI for this product is fairly quick.

Ask a lot of questions. It is not the most cost effective solution on the market. We believe for the money, it is worth what you pay.

We evaluated a few different options, like UltraVNC and TeamViewer as well as others. None seemed to compare to the proprietary nature of Bomgar and their ability to record each session.

Data Center Technician at nuskin
    Allows us to quickly address the needs and issues of our end users
    • "Bomgar is used for connecting with our end users and helping them to resolve any issues that they have on their computer."
    • "It has allowed us to quickly address the needs and issues of our end users."
    • "We are able to be more effectively connected to computers and servers all over the world."
    • "I would like to see more integration with iOS devices along with better connectivity and communication with these devices."
    • "I would have picked an internal team member who was going to stay on the team for more time. Shortly after we went live, we had a change of staff and lost the main implementer."

What is our primary use case?

Bomgar is used for connecting with our end users and helping them to resolve any issues that they have on their computer. We host the application in our data center. We find it is easier to maintain the control of the system this way.

How has it helped my organization?

Bomgar is an amazing tool which has greatly improved our service desk's ability to support end users. This has allowed us to quickly address the needs and issues of our end users. We are also able to be more effectively connected to computers and servers all over the world.

What is most valuable?

I like how easy Bomgar makes it to connect to end users and endpoints. I am able to easily connect to hardware all over the world.

No issues.

We used the Remote Desktop Connection application which is native to Windows.

We had help from Bomgar getting the product configured.

We used vendor teams to help us configure this hardware and software onsite. They were great at their jobs and were very knowledgeable.

Better service for our end users.

I would like to order more licenses. This would allow us to support more end users concurrently.

I also would have picked an internal team member who was going to stay on the team for more time. Shortly after we went live, we had a change of staff and lost the main implementer.

Bomgar was recommended to us by Cherwell. Once this tool was explored, we bought it.

What other advice do I have?

I highly recommend using the tech team properly trained by Bomgar. This will help the tool be more useful.

IT Client Solutions Lead at University of Lethbridge
    • "This product "just works" (without fail) and is dead-easy for clients to connect with."
    • "This product has drastically improved the speed and ease at which we provide client support from our Solutions Centre (service desk)."
    • "This product has a lot of features that we do not currently use, so there may be some things that cause bloat and confusion."
    • "I would like more insight into completed sessions. This would be nice, such as a historical log into the technician client application."

What is our primary use case?

We have a full service support centre that uses Bomgar Remote Support to connect with client machines and assist with complex (and remedial) technological solutions.

How has it helped my organization?

This product has drastically improved the speed and ease at which we provide client support from our Solutions Centre (service desk). This product "just works" (without fail) and is dead-easy for clients to connect with.

What is most valuable?

The ease of connecting with a client. No silly applets or anything to install. It just run the executable, then it connects almost instantly.

What needs improvement?

This product has a lot of features that we do not currently use, so there may be some things that cause bloat and confusion. However, this is not a huge downside.

I would also like more insight into completed sessions. This would be nice, such as a historical log into the technician client application.

Systems Administrator at CityServiceValcon
    We have received a substantial time savings when resolving device issues
    • "The time savings that we experience from being able to get hands on with a device experiencing trouble, and the time to resolve an issue is substantial."
    • "One of the largest values that we get from Bomgar Remote Support tool is the ability to assist our drivers with their mobile devices. We were unable to do this previously."
    • "The remote reboot feature is particularly valuable for rebooting terminal servers that have power controls disabled."
    • "Static notes for hosts: If I could enter notes on a Jump Client and have them appear every time I connect to that Client, it would be a huge benefit."
    • "The screen annotation tools could be expanded. I would like to see a text/typing annotation tool."

What is our primary use case?

I use Bomgar Remote Support as a help desk tool to assist our internal employees across multiple states address issues with their individual PCs, cell phones, and workstation issues. It is also used to remotely retrieve data from unmanned workstations in our remote offices.

How has it helped my organization?

The time savings that we experience from being able to get hands on with a device experiencing trouble, and the time to resolve an issue is substantial. It gives me the ability to work on projects and more important aspects of our company's technology.

What is most valuable?

Remote shell and file management are critical tools that I leverage regularly on the Bomgar Remote Support platform. Also, the remote reboot feature is particularly valuable for rebooting terminal servers that have power controls disabled.

What needs improvement?

The product is pretty well rounded, but there are a few things that could be improved.

• Static notes for hosts: If I could enter notes on a Jump Client and have them appear every time I connect to that Client, it would be a huge benefit.
    • The screen annotation tools could be expanded. I would like to see a text/typing annotation tool.

The product is extremely stable.

No stability issues. Just buy another license/seat when you need it.

Support is very responsive and great to work with. It is not common to need support very often. The product does not really run into any issues.

I have used other tools in the past, but this was the first remote support tool that we have purchased.

The setup is complex. Purchase the remote implementation service and make them slow down and work with you.

In-house.

Our ROI is immeasurable, but we are well in the black.

In my experience, Bomgar is a superior product. Although the upfront cost is a bit overwhelming, the appliance will pay for itself in less than two years.

We evaluated LogMeIn, TeamViewer, WebEx and GoToMeeting.

it_user848082 - PeerSpot reviewer
    IT Support Specialist at Graham Partners
    User
    A lightweight, reliable solution that gives IT a direct visual of occurring issues
    • "It has a straightforward setup. Bomgar has created a simple, lightweight deployment process."
    • "The file transfer feature allows IT to provide needed drivers and files without interfering with the employee's workflow."
    • "It is a lightweight, reliable solution that gives IT a direct visual of occurring issues."
    • "There were a few employee devices that failed during the initial deployment, which required a second deployment."

What is our primary use case?

We use Bomgar Remote Support at our approximately 100 employee firm to provide immediate support no matter the employee's current location.

How has it helped my organization?

The firm has greatly benefited from using Bomgar Remote. It is a lightweight, reliable solution that gives IT a direct visual of occurring issues.

What is most valuable?

The file transfer feature allows IT to provide needed drivers and files without interfering with the employee's workflow. Also, it allows IT to "visit" and take over a session when assisting.

What needs improvement?

During initial deployment of the Client on employee devices, there were just a few which failed. This required a second try at installation. We did not know which failed due to no reporting of Clients (that I could find) within the Bomgar Representative Console.

We have had very little downtime, which was most likely user error.

No issues with scalability.

We have had to reach out only one time to Bomgar customer service. It had a pleasant, speedy resolution.

We used LogMeIn and switched due to rising its cost. We also had prior experience with Bomgar.

In-house implementation.

Bomgar has a very fair pricing structure.

No other options were evaluated.

IT Help Desk Manager at Stanford University School of Medicine
    Allows for reporting capabilities, SAML authentication, and ServiceNow integration
    • "We have the ability to securely assist users remotely with a stable product, which allows for reporting capabilities, SAML authentication, and ServiceNow integration."
    • "The chat needs to improve. We need to enable set hours for chat support which are separate from the remote support assistance."

What is our primary use case?

Provides secure remote support to clients using Mac, Windows, and mobile devices in a healthcare environment supporting 10,000 clients and 15,000 devices.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

• SAML integration
    • Reporting capabilities
    • Integration with ServiceNow
    • Multiple web portals
    • Jump Clients
    • Remote mobile support

What needs improvement?

The chat needs to improve. We need to enable set hours for chat support which are separate from the remote support assistance. We do this so we can provide remote support assistance 7 am to 6 pm, but we only enable the chat from 9 am to 5 pm.

it_user845100 - PeerSpot reviewer
    IT Business Analyst at CDM Smith
    User
    Allows remote viewing and controlling of users internationally
    • "The seamless integration of chat, our ITSM management software, and remote viewing/control software makes for a valuable tool."
    • "Bomgar has allowed our service desk (based in India) and our other support personnel based in the US to seamlessly support our users worldwide."
    • "It needs better Linux support. We have had issues with Ubuntu specifically."
    • "I would also like to see better support of Apple devices while using a Windows remote support console."

What is our primary use case?

Bomgar allows remote viewing and controlling of users internationally while on or off the network.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

We have integrated Bomgar's chat with ServiceNow and provide its chat as a main method of communication between our support team and users. The seamless integration of chat, our ITSM management software, and remote viewing/control software makes for a valuable tool.

What needs improvement?

It needs better Linux support. We have had issues with Ubuntu specifically. I would also like to see better support of Apple devices while using a Windows remote support console. Screen casting is a nice workaround for now.

No issues.

We used Windows Remote Assistance and Windows Remote Desktop. We still use these products, but rely on Bomgar for off the network support.

The setup was pretty straightforward.

It is best to work with their integration team if you are integrating it with your ITSM solution.

We considered LogMeIn and LogMeIn Rescue. These other solutions did not have the same features that Bomgar had to offer.

ICT Technology & Release Manager at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Live chat enabled a new service desk support channel, integrating with our Service Management toolset
    • "Live chat enabled a new support channel into our service desk, integrating with our Service Management toolset. The meet-in-the-middle remote control functionality bypassed a lot of network restrictions that hampered our previous solution, enabling a far wider reach to our end-users."
    • "The Bomgar representative console could do with modernising. The Web rep console introduced is a marked improvement, but is currently not at feature parity with the thick client. This is being worked on."

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved our Corporate ICT support offering, meaning our customers receive improved support from our front-line and second-line support teams.

What is most valuable?

• Live chat enabled a new support channel into our service desk, integrating with our Service Management toolset.
    • The meet-in-the-middle remote control functionality bypassed a lot of network restrictions that hampered our previous solution, enabling a far wider reach to our end-users.
    • Mobile device support option - While we are not currently making use of this, it is one that is on our roadmap to introduce and will be valuable for a heavily mobile workforce.

Three to five years.

The service is based on hardware appliances and they have been robust and stable.

We run with an active/passive configuration with one of the appliances in our primary datacentre running as active, and a second being kept in sync as a warm standby, should an issue occur.

The appliances are able to handle thousands of connections without issue. We have not experienced any issues with performance due to load.

Technical support is always good when engaged. We do not need to contact often. We mainly engage to answer questions regarding upgrades to the service.  Always helpful and responsive. Account management is always on hand.

We utilised Novell (now Micro Focus) ZENworks’ in-built Remote Control tool. We wanted the additional functionality offered by Bomgar, the full session audit, the chat integration. We experienced NAT issues with ZENworks Remote Control (Novell/Micro Focus have improved this by using a Remote Control proxy service).

Straightforward and handheld all the way by Bomgar Professional Services. The most complex element was providing a certificate to Bomgar to embed in the code to be installed on the appliance, but this was quick and relatively straightforward.

Setting up active/passive configuration was fully documented and easy. Our use of a load balancer in front of the service was assisted by Bomgar and done without issue.

Pricing is reasonable for what the service is offering. If it is looked at from a purely remote control perspective then it might appear expensive, but it is the wider functionality that should be considered too.

We did a competitive tender. Bomgar was the only vendor in the market with the requirements we were looking for.

What other advice do I have?

Set up a full project that looks to implement the full suite of functionality. Maybe phase the implementation to get the key functionality in place, and then look to utilise the more advanced functionality. Train the support analysts in the use of the tool. Bomgar provides training with the purchase, which allows your team to become Bomgar certified.

I rate it an eight out of 10. It has enabled the introduction of a new communication channel (live chat) to our ICT service desk with integration directly into our Service Management toolset. The remote control solution has enabled a wider reach to our end-users. Quick scripts have enabled innovation in our support offering.

it_user828330 - PeerSpot reviewer
    Application Specialist, Application Operation Digital Advisory & Application Services at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    MSP
    Integrated chat service with quick elevation to a full control support session has increased our service desk efficiency
    • "The integrated chat service with quick elevation to a full control support session has increased our service desk efficiency."
    • "The jump to feature function is the most valuable to us as it allows us to directly remote control customers."
    • "We have not encountered any issues with stability. Updates leave us with less than 30 minutes of downtime."
    • "I would rate the technical support as a nine out of 10. They are polite, quick, and good with follow-ups."
    • "​The possibility to integrate a chatbot would take this product to the next level​."
    • "Although the learning curve is steep, the product is well-documented.​"

What is our primary use case?

Intility is a cloud service provider who serves more than 600 companies with 20,000 users worldwide. It is key to provide our customers with enterprise grade support, and an integrated chat and remote tool support system is essential for this purpose. Easy collaboration between technicians across departments and locations enables us to handle support inquiries efficiently.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

The jump to feature function is the most valuable to us as it allows us to directly remote control customers. Furthermore, the Collaboration feature between technicians is also crucial.

What needs improvement?

The possibility to integrate a chatbot would take this product to the next level.

A quick email to support will shortly give us access to updates to upscale where we want, whether it is more concurrent licenses or active clients in our environment.

We used one vendor for our remote tool and another for our chat service. None of them met our requirements, so an integrated solution was key.

The setup is no more complex than any other service you would implement. However, with all the different possibilities and features this product has to meet for market needs, you have to expect a level of complexity in terms of security and feature policies.

Although the learning curve is steep, the product is well-documented.

The product maintenance and licensing costs are on the higher end, so I would carefully review how many licenses you need. The concurrent license model is helpful in this manner.

We evaluated TeamViewer and Zendesk.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to write down and visualize their requirements.

Remember that this tool can be one of their core components, so an ongoing project is necessary. Furthermore, I would suggest to plan for things such as a customer-facing support portal, continuous automatic install of Bomgar Clients in their environment, SLA reporting to stakeholders, and access policies for representatives/technicians.

Senior Professional at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
    Secure remote support without requiring permanent client agent on the end user's Desktop or mobile device. Cloud and on-prem solutions.
    • "Remote Support 16.2 introduced Web Interface for Representative Console.with same functions as Desktop Console."
    • "The Remote support solution based on Bomgar has physical appliances deployed and leveraged to serve our multiple customers. Aging appliances are going RMA now and then."

How has it helped my organization?

This product provides remote assistance to globally dispersed users with single clustered instance. It also has features such as secure auditing/reporting and multi-language support that are key aspects for our environment.

What is most valuable?

Some of the valuable features are:

• Non-persistent agent: This is the most valuable feature as there is no permanent client agent on the end user's machine. Support representatives provide the user with a URL and a session key. The user enters the session, during which a small file is installed and then removed completely at the end of the session. It is secure because the company’s network needs to open only port 443.
    • Support for Internet device with security: While majority of the users are on corporate networks, quite a few are on the move or home based. Hence, the ability to support users securely over the Internet is a key feature.
    • High availability supported with an easy setup and updates: High availability is well implemented with the Atlas Cluster technology for Bomgar appliances. Thus, ensuring the service is available with relatively no down time.
    • Remote support for Windows 10 and mobile devices: Support for Windows 10, Android and iOS provides flexibility for organizations to support a wide range of platforms and devices.
    • Integration client for archiving: API and integration client for reporting session data and logs has an easy setup. In addition, setting up appliances, configuring the cluster, carrying out backup and updates are hassle-free processes.
    • Jump feature enables a Support Representative to push client agent and start unattended session with local and Remote devices. Unmanned locations can take advantage of Jump point, a Role served by one of machines on that network as conduit for unattended connections, Wake up machines and even connect via vPro AMT interface.
    • Remote Support 16.2 introduced Web Interface for Representative Console, with same functions as Desktop Console.

What needs improvement?

As new customers come in our Bomgar based remote support solution may include Virtual appliance. Some customers want a local standalone instance. This is where if you can host VM as against physical device its lot attractive proposition. One may consider a Virtual appliance as a stand by in case of physical appliance going for RMA.

I have not encountered any stability issues.

I have not encountered any scalability and availability issues after implementing Atlas Cluster.

Highly professional level.

They provide high quality and timely support.

Previously, local teams have used other solutions like VNC, DameWare or RDP and MS SMS Remote Control tools. For over 4 years Bomagar is the enterprise remote control tool supporting over fifty customers.

The setup process involves various stages such as integrating with AD, setting up SSL, base and site configuration as well as backup, that are not so complicated.

This product provides value for money.

DameWare and SMS Remote Control tools were previously used.

What other advice do I have?

It is an appliance-based secure and scalable solution for report support. This product keeps improvising its features and performance which is ever so helpful.

ITSM Administrator at a real estate/law firm with 1,001-5,000 employees

What is most valuable?

We love the security, the flexibility and our end users especially enjoy the security and knowledge that when we are finished with their computer they can validate that the software was removed from their system. We like that we can customize the solution and we enjoy the screen sharing even on mobile phones.

How has it helped my organization?

Increased our FCR rates and the efficiency of the support desk

What needs improvement?

Linux support leaves quite a bit to be desired. Ubuntu systems have issues with connectivity.

Longer than I have been with the company, so at least 10 years.

None at a;;

We did, but nothing came close to Bomgar

Senior Account Executive at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Allows you to remotely access devices on difference operating systems on or off your corporate network.

What is most valuable?

• You can access any device, running basically any type of operating system both on and off your corporate network to support users and their devices remotely.
    • The solution works in a way that lets you control and repair a device as if it were sitting on your own desk.
    • You can make your service desk work more efficiently with Bomgar Remote Support because you can integrate the tool into your existing ticketing system.
    • Everything done during sessions is logged into session transcripts and video recordings, if you want. This helps during audits of remote access tools.
    • The solution integrates with MS Active Director. That makes user authentication simpler and also safer compared to other local options.

How has it helped my organization?

We integrated Bomgar in our ITSM platform. Now our help desk engineers can start a remote session straight from a help desk ticket. All the logging and notes of that session are stored in our ITSM platform. They can help more employees faster without spending time copying, pasting, and administering help desk calls.

What needs improvement?

The configuration and permission options are extensive. However, we would appreciate having a search function in the settings.

We have used the solution for one year.

We have not encountered any stability issues.

We have not encountered any scalability issues. We use the virtual appliance option that lets us upgrade the hardware specs if needed.

For globally oriented customers, Bomgar also offers Atlas clustering with appliances that can span multiple data centers and locations around the world.

The technical support is excellent. Bomgar also offers a very rich, technical documents website online. Their support team is more than willing to help you out if you have implementation or configuration questions.

We have used other solutions, but Bomgar has a superior security architecture compared to the competition. It lets us control remote access in a granular manner.

The setup was very straightforward. Their concept is simple for everyone to understand. The technical documents help when you have doubts about anything while implementing.

Their manner of licensing is a little bit different, depending on your deployment option. They offer both on premise and cloud deployment that involves a perpetual license plus maintenance or a yearly subscription.

We didn't evaluate other options as we had previous experience with a different remote support tool.

What other advice do I have?

Make an inventory of all the remote support tools your organization currently uses. Try to consolidate them by using Bomgar.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: ImaKumo is also the European partner of the US-based software vendors ServiceNow and Bomgar. We do resell Bomgar, but we also implement it and have more than a few dozen projects delivered in our records.
    it_user561852 - PeerSpot reviewer
    Desktop Support Specialist at a educational organization with 51-200 employees
    Read the manual and do not be afraid to reach out to the Bomgar community.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature would be remote support. We have over 4000 computers on campus and this is our go-to for remote support.

How has it helped my organization?

We used to have to constantly run from building to building and campus to campus. Now our technical staff can focus more on customer support than beforehand.

What needs improvement?

I wouldn’t mind seeing this product have the functionality of pushing small software bundles. I think they might be working on this currently but I'm not sure.

We have been using Bomgar here at the college for about four years.

Bomgar is one of the most stable platforms I have ever used in the IT world. It just always works.

Absolutely no issues with scalability at all.

Their technical support is top notch, although we have only used them a little. This product just works. I wish we had other products that are as reliable as Bomgar.

We used to use Ultra VNC. We switched over because we were not having much luck with Ultra, as far as performance is concerned.

The setup was straightforward and we had lots of help from Bomgar. They sent down a technical adviser to help with the setup, but honestly it was very easy to setup.

Talk to your sales rep. Ours was very helpful in getting us a great deal with the product.

The only other option we used was UltraVNC and as I said it just didn’t work well for us. We spoke with a lot of Dell KACE users and all of them highly recommended Bomgar. They work very well with each other.

What other advice do I have?

Read the manual and do not be afraid to reach out to the Bomgar community. A lot of help is out there for any issues you may run into.

it_user553458 - PeerSpot reviewer
    it_user553458Senior Professional at a tech company with 10,001+ employees

Indeed the Support is top notch. When you say pushing software bundles, If you are looking at copying a installer during session and running install on users machine, then this is possible.

Online Banking Product Development and Testing Manager at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
    Valuable feature: screen sharing.

What is most valuable?

Screen sharing and remote in ability.

How has it helped my organization?

Has helped our Support Teams become 100% more productive and pleases our customer base internally and externally.

What needs improvement?

Mobile. Need more inroads into Apple devices.

5 years

None. Between our expertise and the installation pro from Bomgar on the phone, we had no issue whatsoever.

None.

None.

10 out of 10. They have great participation, knowledge, ownership and communication.

10 out of 10. Once again we have yet to stump them.

It was straightforward AND complex. We replaced a web based solution (LogMeIn) with a device based solution. The complex part was fitting it into our environment.

In-house.

They sales people are great. Don't be afraid of asking for a specific price - they will be open and honest.

• LogMeIn
    • Remote USA
    • Webex
    • Screenshare
    Tech Support Manager at a retailer with 501-1,000 employees
    Easy to get to pinned machines in my enterprise.

Valuable Features

Easy access to all my servers from one stop.

Improvements to My Organization

Easy to get to pinned machines in my enterprise.

Room for Improvement

I would like to be able to transfer files between sessions.

Use of Solution

8 years

10++++

10++++++

it_user540750 - PeerSpot reviewer
    it_user540750Tech Support Manager at a retailer with 501-1,000 employees

Great Stuff Bomgar is the best out there

DESKTOP RESEARCH at a recruiting/HR firm with 10,001+ employees
    To standardize routine tasks, we can write scripts and run them to speed up troubleshooting and standardize assistance.

What is most valuable?

Integrated chat, jump to, and canned scripts.

How has it helped my organization?

To standardize routine tasks, we can write scripts and run them within Bomgar to speed up troubleshooting and standardize assistance.

What needs improvement?

When we first purchased Bomgar, the support blew me away. Over the last two or three years however, it dropped off. it was still pretty good, but now long hold times, and they now want to charge for some support. their support team is very good, but not as good as it was.

Six or seven years.

No issues.

Never! This is the most stable product on the market.

8/10

10/10

Dameware, PC-Duo, SMS Remote Connect. Bomgar has the most feature-rich and stable product on the market.

Very straightforward.

In house

it_user326337 - PeerSpot reviewer
    it_user326337Customer Success Manager at PeerSpot

Have there been practical implications (in your user experience) of the help desk being less present lately?

Configuration Specialist at a pharma/biotech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    We like the flexibility to have a client on a computer log in on demand or give someone a link to log into their computer.

What is most valuable?

We love the ability to customize our remote support page. You can add your logo and have your tech names on the page, so they can just click on the name instead of putting in a PIN. You can display whatever text you want. You can add a survey.

How has it helped my organization?

This gave us the LogMeIn pro and LogMeIn rescue ability to each tech. We also have the ability to share our screen to improve training.

What needs improvement?

With Linux, we had issues with Ubuntu specifically. We installed agents on the machines and after placing them on another network after being installed, they wouldn't connect back to us. We would need to install another agent. This isn't an issue with Windows machines. This never really got resolved, so we mostly use it on Windows now. If they could figure it out, that would be great.

Another issue is that some windows lock up and you can’t do anything, if you didn't install as an admin, or if you connect to a non-admin user and an administrative screen comes up. For example, if we click on Control Panel, it freezes until the local user closes that screen. That's not an issue I ever encountered with other products.

We've been using Bomgar for about five years.

The only time we had any issues is with this product is that it is a little wonky on Linux, but we don’t have many Linux boxes we remote into that way, so it’s not much of an issue.

I did not encounter any scalability issues. The hardware is virtual and license updates are done through an upload to our web page.

I would say it's better than most.

We used LogMeIn.

We started using Bomgar for cost reasons and also there is no "man in the middle" like LogMeIn. Customers were more willing to use it because we maintain the servers.

It has LDAP authentication.

It integrates with Dell Kace.

We can use it from anywhere.

The setup was pretty straightforward for this type of product.

We really like that the cost of ownership is way cheaper than LogMeIn or some of the others. It is a higher price up front but it is much cheaper over the long run. It is based on how many techs are using it at one time and not how many techs are in the system.

If you have users that don’t use it much, you may not want a license for them. You can consider one or two licenses for a department.

We looked at LogMeIn, TeamViewer and GoToMyPC.

What other advice do I have?

If you are a small shop, it may not be for you because of the up-front cost. There are other solutions that will meet your needs that are cheaper. Otherwise, this is overall a really good product and meets our needs.

Download our free BeyondTrust Remote Support Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: November 2022