Trend Micro Deep Discovery OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Trend Micro Deep Discovery is the #8 ranked solution in top Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software. PeerSpot users give Trend Micro Deep Discovery an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. Trend Micro Deep Discovery is most commonly compared to Darktrace: Trend Micro Deep Discovery vs Darktrace. Trend Micro Deep Discovery is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 60% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 22% of all views.

Download the Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software (IDPS) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: December 2022

What is Trend Micro Deep Discovery?

Deep Discovery is available as a physical or virtual network appliance. It’s designed to quickly detect advanced malware that typically bypasses traditional security defenses and exfiltrates sensitive data. Specialized detection engines and custom sandbox analysis detect and prevent breaches.

Trend Micro Deep Discovery was previously known as Trend Micro Deep Discovery Inspector, Trend Micro Deep Discovery Analyzer.

Trend Micro Deep Discovery Customers

Allied Telesis, Atma Jaya Catholic University of Indonesia, Babou, Blekinge County Council, Delacour, Hiroshima Prefectural Government, Live Nation Entertainment Inc., Mazda Motor Logistics Europe, McGill University Health Centre, Mikuni Corporation, OKWAVE, Sinar Mas Land, SWICA, UTOC Corporation

Trend Micro Deep Discovery Video

Trend Micro Deep Discovery Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Trend Micro Deep Discovery pricing:
  • "The licensing cost is a bit pricey. We pay a yearly subscription."
  • "Its price is fine, but Trend Micro can improve the pricing in general. It is a hardware solution. It is based on the number of nodes, and according to the number of nodes, clients decide which box they should acquire. They have to renew their license every year. It is subscription-based."
  • "Overall, the price is good."
  • "The price of the solution is lower compared to the competition."
  • Trend Micro Deep Discovery Reviews

SOC at Airline Company
    Maximizes bandwidth, offers little degradation of performance and is simple to set up
    • "The performance and stability are great."
    • "The scalability is sometimes limited."

What is our primary use case?

It's been useful in checking network traffic.

What is most valuable?

The performance and stability are great.

We've been using it to detect any malicious traffic. It confirms any malicious traffic that is detected from other products. It informs us whenever we need to remediate or lock or quarantine or block or disable a workstation. It provides us with the threat analysis, the CVEs.

The initial setup is easy.

What needs improvement?

The scalability is sometimes limited.

I've used the solution for five years.

Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software (IDPS)
    December 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Trend Micro, Darktrace, Cisco and others in Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software (IDPS). Updated: December 2022.
    656,862 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is okay. It's been stable for the longest time. There's little degradation of performance. We've been able to maximize the bandwidth allocated to us. The Trend Micro vendor really provided us with good steps in computing the bandwidth that we need and also where to place all the missing sniffing ports. Strategically, they've been very, very helpful to us. The DVI really, really works well for us.

Part of the limitation is the switches. If you want to sniff traffic from a certain segment, you have to have an integrator. There's something where you can put your DDI in the middle of the connection so that you can intercept traffic. You have to purchase that part of the solution.

While the scalability could be better, it depends on the design of our network. The DDI is there. If you want to sniff more segments, you have to have the DDI, however, you have to also calculate your ports and switches, and you have to purchase additional switches if you want more segments to be sniffed.

The solution's technical support is okay. The solution works well, however, and we're benefitting from that aspect of it.

We get premium support of Trend Micro, so we have no problems with them.

I'm not sure if we previously used a different solution.

The solution is easy to implement. It's very straightforward. We just deploy the machine. We plug in all the sniffing ports. Then we added another dirty line for the sandboxing, that's it. We're able to get logs from it with no problem.

For Deep Discovery, the deployment took around one to two weeks.

Our vendor handled the deployment for us.

We're seen a pretty good ROI. Considering the cost incurred if you are infected, it stabilizes cybersecurity and helps save money.

I'm not sure about the licensing aspect of the solution.

We have an enterprise license and then we just renew it as needed.

What other advice do I have?

We are not quite at version 5.5.

I'd recommend the solution to others.

The relationship our company has with Trend Micro is very, very good. They've been very, very supportive of us. We are prioritized whenever we have a problem.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

BobenGeorge - PeerSpot reviewer
    Sr.Customer Engineer- Projects at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    Easy to use and install with a quick setup
    • "The product is very easy to install."
    • "The solution could be more stable and offer more security."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a firewall and for endpoint protection. It's used for security purposes for the most part. We use it for protection.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to use.

The performance is good.

The solution, for the most part, is stable.

The product is very easy to install.

What needs improvement?

The solution could be more stable and offer more security. When we get suspicious links, we need to make sure they are blocked properly and investigated.

Sometimes the asset tool gets locked and I'm not quite clear as to why this happens.

I've been handling the solution for quite a long time. It's been many years. I've had a lot of time to work with it. However, I can't say for exactly how long it's been as it's been a while.

The solution is stable, however, it could always be better, especially in terms of security.

We've implemented the product for companies that have around 500 users, give or take. We have 15 customers using the product right now.

In terms of technical support, we have had a good experience. They are helpful and responsive. We are satisfied with their level of support.

The solution is extremely easy to install. It's not overly complex or difficult to set it up. A company shouldn't have an issue with the initial setup.

The deployment was pretty fast and only took us about two hours or so. You can get it up and running pretty quickly.

Our department is purely technical department and we are in place for delivering technical aspects. Therefore, I don't have access to licensing details and pricing. It's not part of my duties. Therefore, I can't speak to the exact pricing. I don't have access to that.

What other advice do I have?

We tend to offer our services to clients.

We use multiple deployments, that include both on-premises and cloud deployments.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We're mostly quite happy with the product.

I would recommend this product to other users and companies.

Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software (IDPS)
    December 2022
    656,862 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Nagendran Ponnan - PeerSpot reviewer
    DGM-IT at a construction company with 10,001+ employees
    Useful for zero-day vulnerability protection
    • "One of the most valuable features is the performance, since, so far, we have not faced any issues with Deep Discovery."
    • "This solution could be improved with faster technical support and cheaper licensing prices."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of Deep Discovery is as a sandbox. It sorts the DDAN, our on-premise Deep Discovery Analyzer solution, so if Deep Security or Trend Micro isn't able to find out whether a particular file or memory is a threat or not, they will send that file signature or file to the DDAN. The DDAN will then deploy that file inside their virtual sandbox, analyze the implications, and return the result to the concerned agent. We mainly use it for zero-day vulnerability protection.

Deep Discovery is deployed on-premise.

What needs improvement?

We have been using Deep Discovery for a couple of years.

I'm satisfied with the stability and performance of Deep Discovery. So far, we have not faced any issues.

In our organization, we have around one thousand licenses for Trend Micro. Whether or not we increase our usage will depend on business requirements.

Trend Micro's technical support could be better and faster.

The installation was done by a Trend Micro implementation partner. It took about one or two weeks.

For deployment and maintenance, we have a team of two engineers and a few managers.

We implemented Deep Discovery through a Trend Micro partner.

The licensing cost is a bit pricey. We pay a yearly subscription.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Deep Discovery an eight out of ten. I would recommend Deep Discovery to others. If people are ready to invest as a capital, then I can recommend a Deep Discovery license. Otherwise, they can go with their cloud-based solution.

Nadeem Syed - PeerSpot reviewer
    CEO at Haniya Technologies
    Easy to use, easy to deploy, and helpful for quickly figuring out the problems in the network
    • "It is a very good solution. It is very light, and it is quite quick to figure out the problem in your network."
    • "Trend Micro can improve the pricing in general. There is nothing else they can add or improve in the solution."

What is our primary use case?

Deep Discovery is good for network protection. There is also an Email Inspector.

What is most valuable?

It is a very good solution. It is very light, and it is quite quick to figure out the problem in your network.

It is very easy to use. It is also very easy to install and deploy.

What needs improvement?

Trend Micro can improve the pricing in general. There is nothing else they can add or improve in the solution.

It is very stable.

There are quite a lot of clients who use this solution. It is an enterprise solution, and 80% of the enterprise-level companies are using it over here.

We do hear of issues from our clients. We go over there for technical support, but there is nothing major for which they require support from Trend Micro itself.

It is straightforward. It doesn't take much time. It usually takes an hour or two. It requires a maximum of a day.

Its price is fine, but Trend Micro can improve the pricing in general.

It is a hardware solution. It is based on the number of nodes, and according to the number of nodes, clients decide which box they should acquire. They have to renew their license every year. It is subscription-based.

What other advice do I have?

Trend Micro has divided most of the solutions into different sectors. If you want to go for the end-to-end solution, they are very much in a position to provide that. You do not have to add different kinds of products or vendors. Trend Micro covers almost everything.

I would definitely recommend this solution. It is a very good solution. I would rate it a nine out of ten.

Technology Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Good Ecosystem, and easy to manage
    • "I like the sales operations testing. and support."
    • "I would like to see integration with third-party tools to improve the visibility of the dashboards."

What is our primary use case?

We are integrators. We work on integrated systems.

Our clients use this solution to know what is happening in the network and to analyze it.

What is most valuable?

Trend Micro is a good solution and our clients are happy with it.

I like the sales operations testing and support.

The ecosystem is good, it's the best. It's also simple to manage.

What needs improvement?

I have been working with Trend Micro Deep Discovery Inspector for two years.

The stability is good. We have not experienced any issues.

Scalability with Trend Micro Deep Discovery Inspector is very good. We are satisfied with the scalability.

We do not have users in our company, we use the systems with our clients.

The technical people are good.

We don't have any issues with technical support.

Local technicians and global support are very good.

We also use one other solution.

The initial setup can be simple, and at times it can be complex when changing the solution.

It is less than a week to deploy Trend Micro, but it can change per the solution type.

For some solutions, it can take a week, and for others solutions with complex projects, it can take a month.

Depending on the client's requirement, it can be cheap and at times, more expensive.

Overall, the price is good.

What other advice do I have?

For others who are interested in using this solution, I would recommend it.

I like working with this solution. I would rate Trend Micro Deep Discovery Inspector a nine out of ten.

CEO at a computer software company with 11-50 employees
    MSP
    Advanced features, sandbox environments, and priced well

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for network security.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are monitoring for advanced persistent threats, the system runs in a sandbox allowing for effective zero-day exploits management, and the Inspector has a built-in sandbox.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to be able to integrate better with third-party infrastructure.

I have been using this solution for approximately five years.

The solution is stable.

We have customers that are small and enterprise-sized companies using this solution.

The initial setup is at a moderate level of difficulty. However, we are qualified and for somebody quite new to the solution it could be more difficult. It is not usual for the end-user to start the process themselves. Usually, they are assisted with a partner or with Trend Micro themself. It is not a matter of how complex the solution is, but how much experience they have with the setup.

The price of the solution is lower compared to the competition.

I have recently evaluated Darktrace.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution.

I rate Trend Micro Deep Discovery a nine out of ten.

Ahmet Burak Aydin - PeerSpot reviewer
    Security Engineer at Intertech Information Technology and Marketing Inc.
    Useful for threat protection and to block phishing emails

What is our primary use case?

This solution can be used as threat protection and to block phishing emails.

We are using version 6.0.

There are 15 people using this solution in my organization.

What needs improvement?

The solution could be more secure.

It's stable.

It's scalable.

We are using local technical support. We haven't had any problems with it.

Initial setup is easy. It can be done by yourself.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution 9 out of 10.

I would recommend this solution to anyone who wants to start using it.

Download our free Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software (IDPS) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Trend Micro, Darktrace, Cisco, and more!
    Updated: December 2022