IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Tenable.io Web Application Scanning OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Tenable.io Web Application Scanning is #20 ranked solution in application security solutions. PeerSpot users give Tenable.io Web Application Scanning an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. Tenable.io Web Application Scanning is most commonly compared to Qualys Web Application Scanning: Tenable.io Web Application Scanning vs Qualys Web Application Scanning. Tenable.io Web Application Scanning is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 66% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 24% of all views.

Download the Application Security Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Tenable.io Web Application Scanning?

Tenable.io Web Application Scanning safely, accurately and automatically scans your web applications, providing deep visibility into vulnerabilities and valuable context to prioritize remediation.

Tenable.io Web Application Scanning Customers

IMDEX

Tenable.io Web Application Scanning Video

Tenable.io Web Application Scanning Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Tenable.io Web Application Scanning pricing:
"It follows the same licensing scheme as Tenable.io and Tenable. sc."

Tenable.io Web Application Scanning Reviews

Security Specialist at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Collects the vulnerabilities on the hostnames and sends them to the cloud

What is our primary use case?

I work for a security company, and I implement Tenable for our customers. I just implement this technology. I'm not working with the users.

Our main use case is for implementing and starting scans for the whole company or a specific host. It is used for creating reports or dashboards for the vulnerabilities of the whole company. As a product for web application scanning, the results are uploaded to the cloud, and the management is on the cloud, but we can implement an on-premises scanner, or we can scan the on-premises web applications of our customers.

What is most valuable?

It collects the vulnerabilities on the hostnames and sends them to the Tenable.io cloud. Tenable has its own cloud where Tenable.io is running, but there are many connectors to other cloud solutions. Tenable can do vulnerability scanning for other cloud managers such as Azure, Amazon, and so on.

What needs improvement?

They have a general dashboard for web application scanning, but the dashboards and reporting can be improved. They probably have some features in their roadmap.

I have been working for this company for two years and eight months, and I have had many opportunities to implement Tenable.

Application Security Tools
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Tenable Network Security, PortSwigger, Qualys and others in Application Security Tools. Updated: July 2022.
620,600 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It is a cloud solution. It has 100% reliability.

Being a cloud solution, it must be scalable.

In general, it is fast. In some cases, we need L3 support, which can take some time, but overall, it is really fast. As compared to other vendors who implemented such solutions, the support is fast.

It is a complex solution. Tenable.io is an enterprise solution. So, it is not that easy to set up.

The deployment duration varies depending on the size of a company. It can take five days, and it can also take a month.

We have our own team. The number of people required for its deployment varies, but we have been able to implement it for most of the projects with just three people.

For its maintenance, we have five or six people in support.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a nine out of 10.

Other
Senior Cyber Security Specialist at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
User-friendly GUI, simple to manage, the support is excellent and quick to respond
  • "Tenable.io Web Application Scanning is very easy to use."
  • "The reporting has a very limited customization capability."

What is our primary use case?

Tenable.io Web Application Scanning is very useful for scanning container exposure, and also for scanning all of the external IP addresses for any organization using Tenable predefined scanners.

What is most valuable?

It's a good product. It works as expected.

Tenable.io Web Application Scanning is very easy to use.

It provides very reliable results.

It is very useful.

The GUI is very easy to use, for anyone.

It is easily managed by someone who lacks prior knowledge, information, or experience.

What needs improvement?

The reporting in Tenable.io Web Application Scanning is not as good as the reporting in Tenable SC. Tenable SC's reporting is extremely powerful.

The reporting has a very limited customization capability. It would be beneficial if this feature could be enhanced.

I have been using Tenable.io Web Application Scanning for three years.

Tenable.io Web Application Scanning is extremely stable.

Tenable.io Web Application Scanning is very easy to scale.

The scalability surpasses Tenable.sc. All of the resources are based on the cloud. You don't need to add any extra resources if you want to add any external scanning or any internal scanners for the hardware specifications. This solution is very scalable.

I have dealt with technical support once. They were very good and very responsive.

I have also worked with Tenable SC. Asset management is a bit different.

There is no need to install anything. You get it pre-installed from the vendor.

You have access to the GUI, and log in with your credentials.

It follows the same licensing scheme as Tenable.io and Tenable SC.

A separate license is required for support.

I can't be certain, but I believe the fees are determined by the number of IP addresses or users.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate Tenable.io Web Application Scanning an eight out of ten.

Download our free Application Security Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about Tenable Network Security, PortSwigger, Qualys, and more!
Updated: July 2022