Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile is the #4 ranked solution in top Mobile Threat Defense tools. PeerSpot users give Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile an average rating of 6.0 out of 10. Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile is most commonly compared to VMware Workspace ONE: Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile vs VMware Workspace ONE. Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 62% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 21% of all views.
What is Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile?

Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile helps predict, detect and prevent physical, malware, network and vulnerability exploits to protect businesses from mobile cyberattacks.

Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile was previously known as Skycure.

Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile Customers

Samsung, Optiv, Exchange, MobileIron, Check Point, McAfee, AirWatch

Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile Video

Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile Reviews

Information Technology System Administrator at Impres Technology Solutions
Good at scanning and fixing issues on its own, but the policy updates don't propagate down to the users, and it's hard to get support for issues
  • "One of the features I found very nice in Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile is that it's good at scanning and fixing issues on its own. The solution is very good at finding a lot of applications and notifying you about systems that have issues. Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile can run headless without having to report back which I found very nice about it. I also like that the solution would create alerts when a certain amount of time lapsed for systems, and it would recommend going through and scanning the systems. As an actual endpoint protection product, Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile is good."
  • "For a lot of the issues my team experienced from Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile, Symantec said that getting the issues resolved would mean going through the partner that sold the product and creating an incident report to get the team to work on the actual company environment. A lot of the problems my team has been having from Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile were associated with Outlook for endpoint users who were being locked out of the Outlook application. Another area for improvement in Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile is its central web hub, where you're supposed to be able to update all of the endpoints because it wasn't reaching the endpoints. For example, even if the central web hub was able to see the endpoints and do the required scans, whenever you'd go to do a policy change, the policy change wouldn't propagate down to the endpoints. The central web hub allows you to monitor all of your endpoints and allows you to choose actions you'd want to do to each of the endpoints such as pushing down on updates or scanning the system. The problem my team usually gets is that majority of the time, whenever my team would do policy updates, the updates won't propagate down to the users, so it was very inconsistent. Needing to manually go through and scan systems is also an area for improvement in Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile. Currently, there's no way to automate its scanning process. A lot of the other issues started appearing in Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile during situations when people wanted to customize different applications. Symantec doesn't like people doing a lot of customizations. For example, the main problem in my company is users losing access to Outlook, but then my team discovered that there was a specific policy set that you could disable, and it would fix a lot of the Outlook issues. However, when you'd go to change that policy set and attach that to a user to overwrite policies on the user side, it just wouldn't do anything for that user. It wouldn't even show that the policy was updated, so this is what needs to be improved in Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile."

What is most valuable?

One of the features I found very nice in Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile is that it's good at scanning and fixing issues on its own. The solution is very good at finding a lot of applications and notifying you about systems that have issues. Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile can run headless without having to report back which I found very nice about it.

I also like that the solution would create alerts when a certain amount of time lapsed for systems, and it would recommend going through and scanning the systems.

What needs improvement?

For a lot of the issues my team experienced from Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile, Symantec said that getting the issues resolved would mean going through the partner that sold the product and creating an incident report to get the team to work on the actual company environment.

A lot of the problems my team has been having from Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile were associated with Outlook for endpoint users who were being locked out of the Outlook application.

Another area for improvement in Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile is its central web hub, where you're supposed to be able to update all of the endpoints because it wasn't reaching the endpoints. For example, even if the central web hub was able to see the endpoints and do the required scans, whenever you'd go to do a policy change, the policy change wouldn't propagate down to the endpoints.

The central web hub allows you to monitor all of your endpoints and allows you to choose actions you'd want to do to each of the endpoints such as pushing down on updates or scanning the system. The problem my team usually gets is that majority of the time, whenever my team would do policy updates, the updates won't propagate down to the users, so it was very inconsistent.

Needing to manually go through and scan systems is also an area for improvement in Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile. Currently, there's no way to automate its scanning process.

A lot of the other issues started appearing in Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile during situations when people wanted to customize different applications. Symantec doesn't like people doing a lot of customizations. For example, the main problem in my company is users losing access to Outlook, but then my team discovered that there was a specific policy set that you could disable, and it would fix a lot of the Outlook issues. However, when you'd go to change that policy set and attach that to a user to overwrite policies on the user side, it just wouldn't do anything for that user. It wouldn't even show that the policy was updated, so this is what needs to be improved in Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile.

The company I'm working in has used Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile longer than I have, but my experience with the application is nine months.

I never experienced any downtime with Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile. It's fairly stable, and it does its job nicely. For the longest time, I didn't see any issues with the solution at all other than it getting angry at other applications.

A lot of devices and domains are connected within my company, so Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile can either be set up as an alert or as a policy for auto-installation on systems. When you set up Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile correctly, you can expect a lot of scalability from it.

Trying to get support for Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile is annoying, and it's hard. Other than me trying to put the ticket in, then getting redirected with a message that said that I needed to talk to the reseller first, I don't have any opinions about the technical support for Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile.

On a scale of one to ten, I'd give support a rating of five because I'm neutral on it. I never got to interact with the Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile technical support team other than getting a redirection to work with the reseller.

In terms of the initial setup for Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile, I didn't set up the web portal access. A different person or team was in charge of that. However, for getting Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile on a system, my team just used an EXE installer for it. The solution was set up where it would automatically be connected to the central hub set, so whenever Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile is downloaded onto the system, you'd only need to perform minimal steps such as clicking "Next" once, then the system would restart, and you'll then see Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile on the system, so it was fairly simple to install the endpoints.

I don't have information on the finance part of Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others looking into implementing Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile is that it makes more sense to just buy it directly from Symantec, so you can get direct support, rather than buying Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile from a reseller, then being redirected to a partner whenever you need support because that's just silly.

Before there were issues, my rating for Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile would be nine out of ten, but because of the current issues my company has been having with the solution, my rating for it is a six. It's been such a pain trying to get support for the issues, and that changed my whole perspective on Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile.

My company is a customer of Symantec.