Our primary use case is to secure our corporate and bring-your-own mobile devices to prevent malware threats. The solution is a secure tool to protect against rogue attacks, threats, vulnerabilities, malware, rootkit applications etc. We have the SaaS instance of Lookout, so we don't have anything on-prem.
Lookout is the #3 ranked solution in top Mobile Threat Defense tools, #5 ranked solution in top ZTNA tools, #6 ranked solution in top Mobile Data Protection tools, #10 ranked solution in CASB solutions, #13 ranked solution in top ZTNA services, #15 ranked solution in top Threat Intelligence Platforms, #17 ranked solution in top Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) tools, #23 ranked solution in top Web Security Gateways, and #29 ranked solution in EDR tools. PeerSpot users give Lookout an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. Lookout is most commonly compared to McAfee MVISION Mobile: Lookout vs McAfee MVISION Mobile. Lookout is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 61% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 23% of all views.
Download the Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: December 2022
What is Lookout?
Lookout is a well-established and powerful secure web gateway (SWG) solution that protects more than 200 million users from threats that can result from the penetration of unsecured web traffic into their networks. Lookout is designed to enable organizations to work remotely while maintaining a tight blanket of security over their confidential business data. It provides administrators with security that extends from their endpoints to the cloud service that they are using to run their organization’s network.
Users of Lookout are able to proactively detect threats and keep themselves secure from a field of threats that constantly evolves. IT teams can protect their organizations without having to rely on any other security solutions. This singular solution can run on multiple kinds of mobile devices. The privacy of individuals is preserved while keeping compliance rules intact. Additionally, users gain access to a number of tools that enable them to prevent security breaches from taking place.
Some of the ways that organizations can benefit by deploying Lookout include:
- Ease of deployment. Lookout is a solution whose design makes it easy for users to deploy it. It provides users with simple, step-by-step instructions that remove the need for organizations to devote extensive amounts of time to make sure that it is properly set up. Anyone can quickly set up the solution without undergoing technical training.
- Built-in support. Users of the Lookout application have access to built-in demos that can teach them how to use various solution features. Instead of spending time trying to figure out the application, users can watch the demo that is most relevant to them and see for themselves how that particular feature is used.
- Easy-to-use user interface. Lookout’s user interface is laid out in an intuitive way that makes it easy for administrators to navigate. This interface is present in both the mobile and desktop versions of this solution.
- Settings customization. Lookout has a built-in settings customization menu. This makes it possible for administrators to easily customize their settings so that they best conform to their needs.
- Activity monitoring and activity tracking. Lookout’s activity monitoring and activity tracking capabilities enable users to keep a close eye on the activities that are taking place in their networks. IT teams and administrators have the ability to watch their networks for any unusual activity. These features ensure that organizations can keep ahead of any potential threats. They provide the kinds of insights and warnings that make the jobs of those IT teams and administrators much easier and more streamlined.
- Encryption. Organizations that employ Lookout can encrypt their networks and keep crucial business data from being read by unauthorized parties. This feature keeps the secrets organizations are trying to keep out of the wrong hands.
- Anti-virus tools. Lookout provides users with tools to block threats from harming their networks. These tools can successfully block 99.6 percent of threats without raising false alarms.
Lookout Pricing Advice
What users are saying about Lookout pricing:
"The pricing is fair; it's comparable to our previous solution, and we carried out multiple POCs and POVs (proof of value). The product is worth the money we pay for it."