IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Sucuri OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Web Application Firewall (WAF) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Sucuri?
Sucuri gives website owners peace of mind with solutions that prevent hackers from abusing websites, and professional response services to those compromised. Sucuri is dedicated to researching the latest and emerging threats affecting websites like yours. Website security should be attainable for all website owners; we focus on making that a reality. Get back to running awesome WordPress websites. Our services are built around three principles – People. Process. Technology.
Sucuri Customers
The Loft Salon, Tom McFarlin, WPBeginner, Taylor Town, Everything Everywhere, Financial Ducks in a Row, Chubstr, Real Advice Gal, Sujan Patel, Wallao, List25, School the World
Sucuri Video

Archived Sucuri Reviews (more than two years old)

Amit Shukla - PeerSpot reviewer
Founder & CEO at NetLink India
Pinpoints whether there is malware on the site which makes us more efficient
  • "The initial setup was straightforward. Straight forward because the plugin can simply be installed and then it does its job. It's not complex, there is no learning curve. The online scan is simple, you put in the website address and the scan gives us a report on the browser itself. It's simple to use."
  • "I would rate this solution an eight out of ten. The reason is that we have found sometimes customers or Google saying that there is something wrong with the website but Sucuri says that the site is clean so we do have to look at the site manually which means that the Sucuri scan does not pick up anything and everything."

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use this solution to check for malware or any security or malware injection into our WordPress site.

How has it helped my organization?

Rather than locate some things manually, the Sucuri plugin scans and allows us to pinpoint whether there is malware or some problem in the site. It makes us a little more efficient.

What is most valuable?

We have Sucuri online to check whether there is any malware. We put our Sucuri plugin into our WordPress setup and it notifies us if it finds malware or something of that nature.

What needs improvement?

I'm not sure if Sucuri also provides DDoS protection services but it would be good if they did.
Web Application Firewall (WAF)
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Sucuri Security, SiteLock, Imperva and others in Web Application Firewall (WAF). Updated: June 2022.
607,127 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Three to five years.

It is a stable product that customers do rely on. They provide a good service.

The initial setup was straightforward. Straight forward because the plugin can simply be installed and then it does its job. It's not complex, there is no learning curve. The online scan is simple, you put in the website address and the scan gives us a report on the browser itself. It's simple to use.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution an eight out of ten. The reason is that we have found sometimes customers or Google saying that there is something wrong with the website but Sucuri says that the site is clean so we do have to look at the site manually which means that the Sucuri scan does not pick up anything and everything.
Associate Consultant
Allows us to scan our domain names for malware or if it is reported as phishing.
  • "Domain name scanning since it allows us to scan all our domain names and determine whether it has malware or if is reported as phishing."
  • "Confident score: Currently it does not have one and there are cases that most websites flagged are false-positives."

What is most valuable?

Domain name scanning since it allows us to scan all our domain names and determine whether it has malware or if is reported as phishing. Sucuri also gives us details on content that may have triggered the malware/phishing report.

How has it helped my organization?

The product has sped up our ability to detect suspicious domains and alert the registrants or relevant parties. It has also allowed us to share more details on such detections to the relevant parties since the report is comprehensive enough.

What needs improvement?

• Confident score: Currently it does not have one and there are cases that most websites flagged are false-positives. Since they don’t have it, then we end up manually reassessing the website. It would be good if they had it so we could tweak our system to only accept certain detections based on some confident score/level.
  • They constantly release blogs on a certain vulnerability. This is useful to keep us updated on the latest threats. However, it would be more useful if they would be able to map/tag detections from their Network API with those threats/vulnerabilities that they have blogged.  For example, they blogged about a Joomla! core exploit and they have identified the suspicious codes i.e., $var=xyz. It would be great if their network API scanner could tag/map domains with similar code, such as“joomla-exploit-1”. In that way, network API users who keep the scan results in the database can simply search for those with “joomla-exploit-1” and then they could determine, straightaway, the affected domains.

We have been using this solution since 2011.

I did not encounter any issues with stability.

I did not encounter any issues with scalability.

We did not use a previous solution.

The setup was straightforward since it was API based and they provided ways to interface with their API i.e., XML, JSON. They also provided a trial API key to try the API.

I’d simply say it’s really worth it.

There was no other similar product at that time. If there was, their reporting was not so comprehensive.

What other advice do I have?

For people who own a personal website, this solution is worth trying out since their security solution is somewhat full-fledged. It will help you sleep at night. For corporations, if you have some business process that requires automated scanning of a lot of domain names and alerting the relevant parties (like us), then it’s worth considering.

Download our free Web Application Firewall (WAF) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Sucuri Security, SiteLock, Imperva, and more!
Updated: June 2022