IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Smartsheet OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Smartsheet is #6 ranked solution in top Project Portfolio Management tools and #7 ranked solution in top Project Management Software. PeerSpot users give Smartsheet an average rating of 8 out of 10. Smartsheet is most commonly compared to Microsoft Project: Smartsheet vs Microsoft Project. Smartsheet is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 66% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 17% of all views.
Smartsheet Buyer's Guide

Download the Smartsheet Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Smartsheet?

Smartsheet is the enterprise platform for dynamic work. A leading cloud-based platform for work management, Smartsheet empowers organizations and teams to dynamically plan, execute, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes, innovative solutions, and better business outcomes.

Today over 90% of Fortune 100 companies and over 75% of Fortune 500 companies rely on the secure, scalable Smartsheet platform to connect the entire enterprise. The single Smartsheet platform gives people a solution flexible enough to adapt to the changing needs of dynamic work across a broad array of departments and use cases.

Smartsheet Customers

Sony Music, ESPN, Hilton, Unisource, Colliers, Extreme Networks, Groupon, Netflix

Archived Smartsheet Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user581049 - PeerSpot reviewer
Marketing Director at a consultancy
The reminders and history functions are the most valuable to me.

What is most valuable?

The cloud-based program is so useful, as we used to be emailing Excel spreadsheets around, never knowing who had the most current version. However, the reminders and history functions are the most valuable to me. It’s so easy to use with drag and drop rows and columns.

How has it helped my organization?

We used to send Excel spreadsheets around, or have one person own the “master” and they would have the responsibility of keeping it updated. We also like to use the alert or reminder function. With several people working on one project, having the sheet automatically remind someone of a task or due date is really helpful. I also like using the “webform” to gather information from different people or make data entry easier.

What needs improvement?

I also use Google Spreadsheets, and with that program, you can see (highlighted) which cell is being changed / edited by anyone else that is using the sheet at the same time, live. With Smartsheet you have to“refresh” the sheet to see any changes being made by another user while you are working. Or you can highlight changes after the fact and you can see the history of each cell.

I have been using Smartsheet for about 4 years.
Smartsheet
June 2022
Learn what your peers think about Smartsheet. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2022.
610,190 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have not had any problems with stability or availability.

I have not encountered any scalability issues. I have created templates which makes it easier.

Technical Support is great. Smartsheet has a smart search, which helps to find tutorials and information, with screen shots. There are also lots of online videos, with step by step instructions. If you can’t find your answer, you have to send an email. (No phone or chat support). They are very responsive and helpful with the emails. I have also had a few suggestions for changes, and some of them been have included in the updates.

We have used Excel and Google Spreadsheets. Some of our team members were unwilling to learn Smartsheet, so a full transition has not yet happened. Hopefully, this year we will move everything to Smartsheet.

I have found Smartsheet to be very user friendly from setup onwards. I have taught several people to use the program and they found it to be very intuitive and easy to understand.

Pricing is very reasonable. However, you do need be a licensed user to use several of the functions. It’s great to have as many free collaborators as you want, but they are limited to what they can do (editing on cell level only).

What other advice do I have?

I would advise at least one or two people to enroll in the Smartsheet Academy, either in person or online in order to fully utilize all that Smartsheet can do. For the regular user, just one or two quick introduction internal sessions is all it takes. It’s so easy to import existing spreadsheets and start using it right away.
it_user575817 - PeerSpot reviewer
Procurement Support Consultant at a international affairs institute with 1,001-5,000 employees
You can share real-time data and access it from anywhere. There should be an option to minimize data on the homepage.

What is most valuable?

The fact that you can share real-time data and access it from anywhere is the most valuable function. It also gives a very good overview of the current workload and where in the process you are in certain projects.

How has it helped my organization?

SmartSheets has helped our organization establish an itemized tracking tool to monitor all ongoing cases and deliveries, sharing the deadlines and ETAs with all relevant focal points in one place and in real time.

What needs improvement?

There should be an option to minimize the amount of data on the homepage in order to ease access and downloads in areas with slow internet connection.

We have encountered no major issues with stability. Only some small lags and slow updates but nothing more.

We haven’t had any scalability issues.

I have not been in contact with technical support.

The free version has actually a lot of great functions and can be used for many solutions. However, the pricing for the license is not too high if you want the full package.

We looked at similar cloud-based solutions.

What other advice do I have?

Learn as many functions as possible before setting up your sheets. There are many features to choose from which can be very helpful.