We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Daniel Paiva
IT Coordinator at Cooperativa Central Dos Produtores Rurais De Minas Gerais Ltda.
A next-generation in-memory database solution with a useful feature called Fiori
  • "I like the user experience and usability of SAP Fiori, which is one of the main features that we are using."
  • "The initial setup could be better. They can make the process a little easier. The functions that we require will be available in the next release. We specifically need a new model, and I think we have some versions to implement. I already read on the SAP website that some functionalities we are waiting for are available in this new version."

What is our primary use case?

We use SAP S4HANA for our main backup processes. Most of the backups processes if for sales, supply, accounting, and financial.

What is most valuable?

I like the user experience and usability of SAP Fiori, which is one of the main features that we are using.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup could be better. They can make the process a little easier. The functions that we require will be available in the next release. We specifically need a new model, and I think we have some versions to implement. I already read on the SAP website that some functionalities we are waiting for are available in this new version.

We have been using SAP S4HANA for just six months. We just converted the ECC to S/4.

SAP S4HANA is a stable solution.

SAP S4HANA is scalable, and we're running this solution at some banks we have here. It's easy to scale, but it takes a couple of months to do it.

Technical support is good. it's very nice because we have both local support and international support on their website. I think it's good.

The initial setup isn't easy because it takes six months to deploy the project. I think we also discussed it for almost a year before implementing it.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise potential users to plan extensively before they start. It's very important.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give SAP S4HANA a nine.

Anshuman Bansal
Head - SAP & Digital Transformation at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Usable in many industries, scalable, and good support
  • "SAP S4HANA provides a solution towards a green industry. They keep making a different version of the solution to meet the needs of different industries, such as automotive and utilities."
  • "The solution could have a better user experience. However, they are working a lot on the user experience and they have come up with various applications, such as mobile applications. This was lacking over the last two years."

What is our primary use case?

SAP S4HANA can be used for many things such as financials, accounts payable, accounts receivables, set accounting, management accounting, and banking.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The solution could have a better user experience. However, they are working a lot on the user experience and they have come up with various applications, such as mobile applications. This was lacking over the last two years.

I have been using SAP S4HANA for approximately two years.

The solution is scalable.

There are various modules of functionalities available in SAP S4HANA. However, it might be better for us to only use one or two of the modules at first and scale as needed later.

In one of our implementation, there were 50,000 users using the solution.

The support is very good.

The size of the team needed for the implementation depends on the size of the organization. If the organization is relatively small, we can manage the implementation with one or two skilled technicians, and depending on the complexity of it, it could need more technicians for support.

There is a license to use this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would highly recommend this solution to others.

I rate SAP S4HANA an eight out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about SAP S4HANA. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
564,599 professionals have used our research since 2012.
IT & SAP Head at kudos chemie limited
Useful modules, priced well, and stable
  • "I find the Production Planning Cockpit (PPC) and Material Requirements Planning (MRP) most valuable modules."
  • "In a feature release, they could improve by adding budgetary features."

What is our primary use case?

We are in the progress right now in achieving the maximum utilization of the SAP HANA. We are exploring most of the available features.

What is most valuable?

I find the Production Planning Cockpit (PPC) and Material Requirements Planning (MRP) most valuable modules.

What needs improvement?

In a feature release, they could improve by adding budgetary features.

I have used SAP S4HANA for approximately three years.

SAP S4HANA is stable.

As for our requirements, SAP S4HANA has been scalable. We can extend our requirement to the system. We are using the new enhanced feature and there are many features that are available for the system allowing scalability.

We are receiving technical support from a local team here from India.

The price of SAP S4HANA is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others when implementing to work very closely with the SAP team. When we are migrating from a legacy system to any newer system or SAP, we need to work on the mass uploading requirements, such as the master data, or open items, such as assets. We need to make another clean system before uploading all the data to the system.

I rate SAP S4HANA a seven out of ten.

SAP Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
Useful Fiori applications, excellent technical support, and highly scalable
  • "I have found the most valuable feature to be the SAP Fiori application."
  • "There should be a place where I can get the best available applications in one place. Currently, Fiori applications are available in different tiles on the dashboards. If anyone wants to check the financial, sales, and inventory reporting in one place, it is not possible in Fiori. We would have to develop a custom Fiori application. If that feature can be incorporated into the standard Fiori, it will be helpful for us."

What is most valuable?

I have found the most valuable feature to be the SAP Fiori application.

What needs improvement?

I have been using SAP S4HANA for approximately six years.

SAP S4HANA is stable.

The solution is highly scalable.

SAP S4HANA is best suited for medium and large organizations. There is another solution called SAP Business One that is more suited for smaller organizations.

I have received excellent support from SAP.

The installation of SAP S4HANA is easy. The time it takes for the implementation depends on the modules you are wanting to use. It can take anywhere from a couple of months to two years.

The price of the solution is on the higher side compared to others.

What other advice do I have?

I rate SAP S4HANA a nine out of ten.

Head of Information Technology
Reduced our costs and loads very quickly
  • "The most valuable feature is that HANA loads from memory, which means it loads very quickly."
  • "The resource usage could be improved - it's memory-hungry, so mid-range servers struggle to run it."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use of this solution is for FICO supply, distribution, and inventory.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has reduced our costs because we don't have to pay for a third-party database or replication software.

What needs improvement?

I've been using this solution for two-and-a-half years.

This is a very stable solution.

This solution is scalable.

The setup wasn't easy because we had some issues with bandwidth while migrating from on-premise to the cloud. We had to temporarily increase our server for the migration to be successful.

The licensing costs are not transparent at all - for example, we pay a 22% annual maintenance fee without really getting any value for it.

What other advice do I have?

I would give this solution a score of eight out of ten.

Private Cloud
Director of Operations of Support / co CEO at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Excellent tool for production planning and management
  • "S4HANA is very scalable - we use it across seven or eight factories, and everything is running fine."
  • "The product's use of resources could be improved, as it is quite intensive at the moment."

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are production planning, quality management, and plant management.

What needs improvement?

This is a very stable solution.

SAP's technical support is fine but could be a bit more responsive, speed-wise, and could improve in some specialized areas.

The initial setup was very straightforward.

We used an in-house team.

What other advice do I have?

Compared to Oracle, S4HANA is more resource-intensive, but since everything is moving to the cloud and resources are getting cheaper, this gives an advantage to S4HANA over Oracle. Before implementing S4HANA, be very careful in planning and testing requirements - don't kick off the go-live without testing every single system and the integration. I'd give this solution a score of eight out of ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Senior IT Manager with 501-1,000 employees
A stable and scalable solution which boasts easy use and infrastructure management

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution to comprehensively manage our business.

What is most valuable?

The solution makes its use and the management of our infrastructure easy.

What needs improvement?

While the solution contemplates a competitively priced model, its pricing could be cheaper.

We have been using SAP S4HANA for the last two years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

We rely both on our own technical team for the managing of the solution's technical infrastructure and on the subscription-based SAP support.  When it comes to…

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution to comprehensively manage our business.

What is most valuable?

The solution makes its use and the management of our infrastructure easy.

What needs improvement?

We have been using SAP S4HANA for the last two years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

When it comes to functionality, we rely on offshore support.

From a technical management perspective, the initial set up is fine. We have been using the solution for a long time now, based on management's decision to do so.

Though we are talking about a competitively priced model, the pricing could be more cost-effective.

What other advice do I have?

I give SAP S4HANA the best rating available, a ten out of ten.

AzimSyed
Territory Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Useful consolidation reports, reliable, and highly scalable

What is most valuable?

The most useful features of SAP S4HANA are the consolidation reports. The BI is very strong and the manufacturing and finance sections we like a lot.

I have been using SAP S4HANA for approximately seven years.

The stability of SAP S4HANA is great.

The scalability is very good, this is the reason why people choose SAP S4HANA, You can implement the solution worldwide, in many of the countries.

The technical support is very good.

What is most valuable?

I have been using SAP S4HANA for approximately seven years.

The stability of SAP S4HANA is great.

The technical support is very good.

The install can be difficult. There's something called secondary sales solutions that is not there in SAP. We need to have third-party tools to integrate to do the automatization. The two parts are missing on the secondary sales solution and automation.

What other advice do I have?

SAP S4HANA is a great product. It is a new product but it is not best suited for startup companies. It is for companies that have complex scenarios and who are looking to expand, SAP S4HANA is the best fit for this scenario.

I rate SAP S4HANA a ten out of ten.

Product Categories
ERP
Download our free SAP S4HANA Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.