We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

SAP NetWeaver OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SAP NetWeaver is #2 ranked solution in top SOA Governance tools. PeerSpot users give SAP NetWeaver an average rating of 8 out of 10. SAP NetWeaver is most commonly compared to Oracle SOA Suite: SAP NetWeaver vs Oracle SOA Suite. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 29% of all views.
What is SAP NetWeaver?
SAP NetWeaver is an open application platfrom that provides a comprehensive set of tools and Web services technologies that support seamless enterprise application integration, master data management (MDM), system integration, and more.

SAP NetWeaver was previously known as NetWeaver.

SAP NetWeaver Buyer's Guide

Download the SAP NetWeaver Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

SAP NetWeaver Customers
Schaidt Innovations GmbH & Co. KG, Satellites Unlimited Inc., German Football Association, FMC Corporation, Deutscher Fu_ball-Bund
SAP NetWeaver Video

SAP NetWeaver Pricing Advice

What users are saying about SAP NetWeaver pricing:
"The licensing costs are on a yearly basis."

SAP NetWeaver Reviews

IT Consultant at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
A versatile solution with good technical support, an accurate data history, and you can trust what it tells you
  • "With SAP, you can trust what it tells you."
  • "SAP isn't particularly user-friendly and you have to develop a long list of favorites to be able to get around."

What is our primary use case?

SAP handles all of our inventory and our raw materials. We haven't found another solution that was for time and attendance all in one. We have used ShopVue for our time and attendance and we use SAP for the back end. It keeps all of the materials moving. Anything that is a product that moves, we have some way of searching for it in SAP.

I take a particular product, then go into the stock requirments and I type the product name or number. That will give me the current status and everything that is happening with it from within the same SAP requirement list, which is MD04. That is SAP's internal name for this page. I can go from there to the history where I can see the orders that are coming in, as well as the orders that are waiting. It's all on one very useful screen. It's a very useful tool to be able to get from point A to point B.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature would probably be that it's accurate in its historical data. When searching through the historical data, you can be very sure that the data you get is accurate. With SAP, you can trust what it tells you. With others, you can troll through and get data that has more outliers than good points.

What needs improvement?

SAP isn't particularly user-friendly and you have to develop a long list of favorites to be able to get around. I have a very long list of favorites, some I use every day and others just once in a while. I thought that BPCS wasn't user-friendly, although this is twice as bad.

One of the problems in SAP is when you open a screen and there are approximately ten different places you can click on to go to other places. Unless you know that they are there, you don't get anywhere. You have to know where to click to get to where you are going.

An instruction guide that would explain or tell you what to click and where it will take you would be useful. If you don't know what you are looking for, it would be better to have a dropdown list rather than having to type it.

On the front end, the menu screen I have 70 to 80 favorites and they are all the same color, same line, and all capital letters, but you can't make any changes. It would be nice if it could be color-coded, to allow your eyes to focus on something more specific.

I have been using SAP for about five years.

The system has been okay in terms of scalability. We have 70 or 80 people using SAP that range in roles from plant manager to warehouse, and everything in between.

Several people are constantly requesting access. To do that, we have to submit the request through SAP which requires another set of software. The information is entered then awaits approval from management. The SAP provides a list of people who have access to too many requests.

Technical support is fairly good. At times it can take three to four weeks to get back to us with a resolution. However, they do exactly what you ask of them.

Previously, we were using IBM BPCS. The corporate policy was to have everyone on SAP.

SAP is bigger and can handle more information and it's easier to work with. With BPCS, if you were away from it for a couple of days you would have to retrain yourself.

For the initial setup, we jumped in with both feet and it worked almost like it was out of the box.

From the time that SAP arrived, it took about a year to install the program and adjust it to meet our standards. We had a series of meetings where we discussed functionality, what had been fixed, and what changes still needed to be made.

We had assistance from consultants here in France. There were perhaps five of them who helped us. They knew exactly what they were doing and I am still in contact with one of them.

The licensing costs are on a yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

Before we initiated SAP, we had to decide where ShopVue would end and where SAP would take over. The two software solutions are not compatible. ShopVue is labor and attendance, which is one thing that SAP didn't have. We had to make the two communicate together.

ShopVue is easy to use. I am surprised that more companies don't invest in it.

When you look at the screen, you can hit that button and it will do something. Don't give up, the answer is there somewhere. Picasso said, "Inspiration does exist, but it must find you working."

Because of its versatility, I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Operations Manager at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
The presentation is very conceptual and it has good stability
  • "The presentation is the most valuable feature. It's very conceptual. We had to follow the instructions very strictly. It's a Dutch or German product and we had to follow it step-by-step."
  • "It can always improve. It should have the ability to connect with other databases. It was a little bit tough to do that. I would like to have the ability to research certain markets and then integrate it with NetWeaver. I'd like to compare it with other databases from other companies being used in the world so we can integrate it with our own products to compare if we are still current on the market."

What is most valuable?

The presentation is the most valuable feature. It's very conceptual. We had to follow the instructions very strictly. It's a Dutch or German product and we had to follow it step-by-step. There is the transaction layer and it has to be put on in a database. Then just make a copy and you can work from the database and go further to NetWeaver.

What needs improvement?

I have been using SAP NetWeaver for five to six years.

We have needed to clean some of the base transactions up. I see that as a positive thing.

It is easy to scale.

I deal more with business modeling and haven't needed support. It is possible our technical team has.

We didn't have any problems setting it up. You can integrate it into your company. If you know what ABAP, it's no problem to set up.

The deployment took around six to seven months. The implementation of an SAP solution is not very fast.

We got help from SAP consultants for the deployment. We were satisfied with then. They are experts.

What other advice do I have?

It's a good product. I would recommend it because it is stable. And if you do it the right way, by following the rules, then you get what you want from it. SAP is very strict in the way you make your next step.

I would rate it an eight out of ten. Not a ten because there's always room for improvement. It could be more like Informatica. They are graphic. It's very easy to put your transaction data in a graphic way to your model. In a graphic way, Informatica is better but overall I would recommend NetWeaver.

Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle SOA Suite vs. SAP NetWeaver and other solutions. Updated: January 2022.
564,643 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Enterprise Solutions Manager at a non-tech company with 10,001+ employees
Great customer relationship management but has a slow support response time

What is our primary use case?

My use case is on ERP systems. We run full ERP.

What is most valuable?

Finance and distribution are the most important features. There's also the CRM, Customer Relationship Management.

What needs improvement?

No, it's fine. It does what it's supposed to.

We have been working with SAP NetWeaver for about fifteen years.

We have had no issues with Stability.

We have had no issues with scalability.

The technical support for SAP NetWeaver is not too bad. The response time was slow.

We…

What is our primary use case?

My use case is on ERP systems. We run full ERP.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

No, it's fine. It does what it's supposed to.

We have been working with SAP NetWeaver for about fifteen years.

We have had no issues with Stability.

We have had no issues with scalability.

We are currently testing HANA because our support contract for SAP NetWeaver ends in 2025 or 2027.

The initial setup of SAP NetWeaver always has issues to customize the business, it's complex. You've got to customize it to run your business. It takes six months to a year to set up. Some solutions can take two years.

We are currently looking at HANA because our support for NetWeaver end in 2025 or 2027.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate SAP NetWeaver at a seven out of ten.