IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

SAP Business ByDesign OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SAP Business ByDesign is #4 ranked solution in top Cloud ERP tools. PeerSpot users give SAP Business ByDesign an average rating of 8 out of 10. SAP Business ByDesign is most commonly compared to SAP S/4HANA Cloud: SAP Business ByDesign vs SAP S/4HANA Cloud. SAP Business ByDesign is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 71% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 40% of all views.

Download the Cloud ERP Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is SAP Business ByDesign?
SAP Business ByDesign is a cloud-based business management software that supports everything from finance to CRM – and is available anytime, anywhere, on almost any device. It helps medium-sized businesses seize new opportunities and accelerate growth – and it helps subsidiaries take advantage of head office resources, while keeping their flexibility.
  • Streamline end-to-end processes and maximize efficiency across your organization
  • Gain timely business insights with integrated analytics and reporting powered by SAP HANA
  • Manage your business from anywhere, at any time, with built-in mobile apps
  • Rely on highly secure data centers that are managed, monitored, and maintained by SAP experts
SAP Business ByDesign Customers

Standard Bank of South Africa, AOK Bundesverband, PT XL Axiata Tbk, Tvoy Dom, Schaidt Innovations GmbH & Co. KG, DeLaval International AB, EMC Corporation, Lenovo, Castle Importing Inc., Unilever, Rifle Paper Co., RAK Ceramics, Rough Country, B&G Manufacturing, Life is good Inc., Joy Global Inc., City of Cape Town

SAP Business ByDesign Video

SAP Business ByDesign Pricing Advice

What users are saying about SAP Business ByDesign pricing:
  • "Everything is included in the licensing cost of the solution. However, they use a per-user model for additional charges."
  • "We have to pay yearly."
  • "The price of the solution could be better. They have to come up with a new strategy."
  • SAP Business ByDesign Reviews

Innovation and Technology Head at APPTech Experts
    Useful dashboards, beneficial module integration, and helpful support
    • "The most valuable features of Business ByDesign are the integration of its modules, analytics, and dashboards."
    • "SAP Business ByDesign can improve the flexibility and user-friendliness of the reporting during the implementations. Customizing the reports inside the device requires a lot of knowledge and most of the time a developer level is needed. For example, if you want to have a more specific reporting layout."

What is our primary use case?

The clients we have for SAP Business ByDesign are mostly in education centers.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of Business ByDesign are the integration of its modules, analytics, and dashboards.

What needs improvement?

SAP Business ByDesign can improve the flexibility and user-friendliness of the reporting during the implementations. Customizing the reports inside the device requires a lot of knowledge and most of the time a developer level is needed. For example, if you want to have a more specific reporting layout.

I have been using Business ByDesign for approximately three years.
    June 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about SAP, Oracle, NetSuite and others in Cloud ERP. Updated: June 2022.
    610,045 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The stability of SAP Business ByDesign is stable.

SAP Business ByDesign is a scalable solution since it is on the cloud.

The technical support from SAP Business ByDesign is very good. They have supported us well and they are well known. The knowledge and skills they provide are helpful. They have knowledge of many of the SAP solutions.

I have not used another solution other than SAP Business ByDesign.

The initial setup of SAP Business ByDesign is straightforward.

We have one person that is well trained in the solution that does the maintenance. However, in most cases, the amount of supporting staff required is dependent on the number of users that the IT team is managing. In our case, since our clients are not that large, for deployment, one person would be enough to manage SAP Business ByDesign, as long as everything is done properly.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others wanting to implement SAP Business ByDesign is they need to have a very good partner with a strong partnership with SAP and check their credibility and skillset from a technical standpoint. The partner will be handling their accounts. If the partner is good they should be fine. I rate SAP Business ByDesign an eight out of then.

Private Cloud

Other
    General Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    Modern approach, very stable, and suitable for many companies

What is our primary use case?

It could be used for any financial use case. Production companies can use it, and wholesale distributors can use it. Any professional services company can use it.

What is most valuable?

I like its modern approach. It is very modern and new technology.

What needs improvement?

The Arabic localization is neglected. It should have an Arabic interface. It lacks Arabic translation or support from right to left.

I have been using this solution for one and a half years.

It is very stable.

It is scalable. We have about 40 users, and we plan to increase its usage.

I am satisfied with their support.

We used another solution, and we switched because of accuracy.

Its initial setup was straightforward. It took about six months to implement it.

It has to be done by a consultant. We had three people for its deployment. We had one developer, one functional person, and one finance person.

We have to pay yearly.

What other advice do I have?

I would anytime recommend this solution to others. I would rate it an eight out of 10.

June 2022
    610,045 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    AzimSyed - PeerSpot reviewer
    Territory Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Useful reports, good reports, but could be more stable
    • "I have found the consolidation of the business and group reports very useful. There is plenty of features and the manufacturing and finance aspect of the solution are strong."
    • "SAP Business ByDesign is a very vast product, but it has to be a bit more centralized. All the models need to be more centralized for a better experience."

What is most valuable?

I have found the consolidation of the business and group reports very useful. There is plenty of features and the manufacturing and finance aspect of the solution are strong.

What needs improvement?

SAP Business ByDesign is a very vast product, but it has to be a bit more centralized. All the models need to be more centralized for a better experience.

In a feature release, a development kit should be available in the UIDs, where people can have the customizations. HR and payroll should be added and the human resource management system should be added by default.

I have been using SAP Business ByDesign for approximately three years.

The solution could improve the stability. It is approximately 60% stable. It still has to be stabilized in terms of the module device.

SAP Business ByDesign is scalable, but there are limitations on the cloud. The solution could be more customizable. It's not recommended to have much more customization in the cloud product. It's scalable, but not to a very high level.

What other advice do I have?

I rate SAP Business ByDesign a seven out of ten.

Divisional Manager IT at Tata Hitachi
    Fast solution with good reporting and real-time data

What is our primary use case?

ByDesign is used in automotive manufacturing to sell products.

What is most valuable?

ByDesign's best features are its speed, real-time data, and reporting.

What needs improvement?

ByDesign could be improved by making screen modifications easier.

I've been working with ByDesign for three years.

ByDesign is stable.

ByDesign is scalable.

SAP's technical support is good - any time we've raised issues, they've fixed them.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The initial setup was complex, but that was due to our business scenario rather than the product.

We used an integrator.

What other advice do I have?

ByDesign is perfect for B2B scenarios but may not suit B2C. I would rate this solution as eight out of ten.

Download our free Cloud ERP Report and find out what your peers are saying about SAP, Oracle, NetSuite, and more!
    Updated: June 2022