My primary use case is the daily monitoring of all the network traffic for my bank client. With it, I supervise and monitor more than one hundred nodes and servers of all kinds, such as print servers, file servers, etc. From Pandora, I can have everything controlled and under continuous supervision. I supervise maintenance and optimization of the network infrastructure from Pandora.
When we want to monitor a new server or a new machine installed in the pandora network, it detects it automatically and we already have it monitored.
It is very easy and practical to work with this tool and is very useful to have at all times controlled what happens on the network.
You can also monitor services published on the network.
It is very practical to detect possible points of failure in the network.
In short it is a great tool for any network administrator whatever the size of the infrastructure of your network, it will help you to have everything under control.
Totally recommended and even recommended.
Pandora FMS is #11 ranked solution in top Server Monitoring tools, #14 ranked solution in top Cloud Monitoring Software, #20 ranked solution in best Network Monitoring Tools, and #20 ranked solution in Infrastructure Monitoring tools. PeerSpot users give Pandora FMS an average rating of 10 out of 10. Pandora FMS is most commonly compared to Zabbix: Pandora FMS vs Zabbix. Pandora FMS is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 53% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 26% of all views.
Pandora FMS OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication
Pandora FMS OverviewUNIXBusinessApplicationPrice:
Download the Network Monitoring Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022
What is Pandora FMS?
Pandora FMS is a monitoring as a service (MaaS) solution that is ideal for companies with at least 100 or more devices. Instead of multiple, difficult-to-integrate monitoring systems, Pandora FMS is an all-in-one solution that is easy to use. The software is able to untangle complicated technology infrastructures to easily identify the root cause of issues in order to find the most efficient solution. It does so by analyzing everything in your system, from databases and applications to services and desktops, as well as communications.
Pandora FMS Features
Pandora FMS has many valuable key features. Some of the most useful ones include:
- Application Monitoring (APM)
- IoT monitoring
- Log collection
- Issue management / ITSM
- Mainframe monitoring
- Network monitoring
- Remote control
- Synthetic monitoring
- Service oriented monitoring
- Server monitoring
- User experience monitoring
- Virtualization & cloud
Pandora FMS Benefits
There are many benefits to implementing Pandora FMS. Some of the biggest advantages the solution offers include:
- Comprehensive overview: Pandora FMS provides a comprehensive overview of your system to make troubleshooting easy. It also provides all the tools to monitor and analyze an extensive range of data, from traffic to connectivity.
- Easy forecasting: With Pandora FMS, you can use your network diagram for forecasting solutions, which gives you the necessary info you need to perform maintenance.
- Proactive solutions: Issues are proactively addressed. Pandora FMS provides alerts 24/7 so you can deal with problems before they grow even bigger. This also helps your organization eliminate any down time.
- Solve future problems: Another benefit of implementing Pandora FMS is that it enables you to optimize your services to ensure that future issues are minimized. In addition, they offer around-the-clock monitoring and automated solutions. As a result, the solution enables you to operate your organization with maximum efficiency all the time, saving you money and time.
- Personalized service maps: Pandora FMS allows you to create detailed, personalized service maps that can help you identify any shortcomings in your system and address them as soon as possible.
- SLA and availability reports: With Pandora FMS, you receive critical alerts when SLA levels aren’t met, which also helps you understand when your applications and systems are not meeting your business goals.
Reviews from Real Users
Below are some reviews and helpful feedback written by PeerSpot users currently using the Pandora FMS solution.
PeerSpot user Marc C., Systems Analyst at a university, says, "It is easy to create your own custom modules if you just know a little bit of scripting. If you have unique requirements, you can just make your own modules. You can even grab checks from other vendors. There are open-source checks for various things such as SMTP, etc. It is really flexible. It is reliable. It does the job, and it alerts. It is also surprisingly feature-rich. It is very mature for a not-so-known product."
Another reviewer, Alexandre J., comments, “What I value most about Pandora FMS is the simplicity of working with it. The speed of locating problems and to be able to solve them quickly, so that it affects our client's network infrastructure as little as possible, is very valuable.
Thanks to Pandora FMS we have everything unified in the same point and it is highly efficient.”
Pandora FMS Customers
Rakuten, Prosegur, Repsol, Teléfonica, Allianz, Ottawa Hospital, Hughes
Pandora FMS Video
Pandora FMS Pricing Advice
What users are saying about Pandora FMS pricing:
"They are very competitive on the pricing side. That's one reason why my manager keeps using it."
Pandora FMS Reviews