IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Oracle HCM Cloud OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle HCM Cloud is #1 ranked solution in top HR Analytics Software tools, #3 ranked solution in top Cloud HCM tools, #4 ranked solution in top Benefits Administration tools, #4 ranked solution in top Talent Management tools, and #4 ranked solution in top Talent Acquisition tools. PeerSpot users give Oracle HCM Cloud an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. Oracle HCM Cloud is most commonly compared to SAP SuccessFactors: Oracle HCM Cloud vs SAP SuccessFactors. Oracle HCM Cloud is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 72% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 35% of all views.
Oracle HCM Cloud Buyer's Guide

Download the Oracle HCM Cloud Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Oracle HCM Cloud?

Oracle HCM Cloud is a complete HR application suite which helps organizations become more strategic and agile with a best-in-class workforce experience. It integrates HR best practices and technology to provide an engaging, informative, and adaptive HR experience throughout the entire employee lifecycle. Oracle HCM Cloud allows organizations find, develop and retain the best talent, enable collaboration, deliver deep workforce insights, and increase operational efficiency

Oracle HCM Cloud was previously known as Oracle Human Capital Management Cloud.

Oracle HCM Cloud Customers

Kovaion Consulting India Pvt. Ltd., eVerge Group, Kalpataru, Logicalis Inc., Macmillan Science and Education, Drivestream Inc., Kamal Osman Jamjoom Group LLC, WAXIE Sanitary Supply

Oracle HCM Cloud Video

Oracle HCM Cloud Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Oracle HCM Cloud pricing:
  • "The contract for one of them will be extended for three years and for another one for two years. One of them is paying monthly, and another one is paying per quarter. I don't know about the third one. So, it differs."
  • "I don't know how much it costs, but I know that everything is included. We don't pay anything extra apart from the licensing fee."
  • "I cannot comment on the cost, as this is handled by a different team."
  • "Pricing is largely determined by what is agreed upon."
  • "Oracle HCM offers many features at a low price."
  • "The solution is expensive."
  • Oracle HCM Cloud Reviews

Wouter Schaap - PeerSpot reviewer
    Account Manager at Qualogy
    The HCM Core (incl. Self Service and Absence management) is very complete, user friendly , scalable and stable.
    • "The core part and the talent management part are most valuable."
    • "The absence management can use some improvement. Due to all the flexible working, the part with work schedules could be a little bit more flexible."

What is our primary use case?

I'm helping customers with using the product. We are a reseller and implementation partner, and we also support  customers with the maintenance of the product. It is being used for core HR absence management and goal and talent management. We are currently also exploring the integration with a payroll system.

One of our customers is using version 21C, and two other customers are using version 21D. It is absolutely cloud-based.

What is most valuable?

Talent management is good to find top-performers and make improvement plans for and with other workers

What needs improvement?

We were demonstrating the reporting tool, and there was one competitor that had a solution that was not yet included in Oracle. Its reporting tool is fine. We had to do a presentation, and there was some other company doing a presentation of a specific reporting tool, and they were able to show a window in a window. That feature was very impressive, and that's not yet possible within Oracle. It might get added in the future. It is nice when you have a kind of dashboard with a graph, and you can easily compare it with another graph.

I have been working with and using the product since it has been on the market.

Oracle HCM Cloud
    July 2022
    Learn what your peers think about Oracle HCM Cloud. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2022.
    620,600 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Its stability is okay. That's not a problem.

Its scalability is also not a problem. If your business is growing and you get more employees, you just pay a little bit more contribution. The subscription will change. That's not a problem.

One of the clients has only 300 workers using the system, and the other one has something like 18,000 or 19,000 workers using the system. They do have plans to increase the usage.

Their technical support is okay. I don't have any problems with the Oracle support part. They are of great help.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

They switched from another product to Oracle. A client has a combination of an HR and payroll product, and they are currently considering moving to Oracle HR for the core application and then integrating with the payroll provider.

I was involved with one of them, and it was quite straightforward. It was not that complex. Another one was done with another partner company and Oracle consulting, and that was a little bit more complex due to many countries and localizations that had to be used, especially as per all the local regulations for absence management, entitlements for all the employees, and stuff like that.

The environment was available within a few days. That was not a problem. The entire implementation was something about three to four months.

In terms of maintenance, for the smallest one, it was one worker doing it part-time. For the other one, it was a little bit more complex because they are in many countries. So, they have a kind of a global team, and they have local people working on it. The third client has something like three people for the payroll interface and maintenance of the system.

The contract for one of them will be extended for three years and for another one for two years. One of them is paying monthly, and another one is paying per quarter. I don't know about the third one. So, it differs.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to try to stay with the best practice business flows as much as possible. Try the standard product as much as possible before considering to make small changes that are required by one or two people. One of my customers had a requirement of making customizations to the forms, such as removing fields, but after a year or so, they suddenly realized that those fields could be very useful. They had to be enabled again. So, it's better to stay with the standard product and provide correct instructions for the users.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

Mayank Mathur - PeerSpot reviewer
    HR Transformation Lead at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
    A cloud-based human capital management platform with useful interfaces
    • "I like the interfaces, and they are fine. I would like to see more interfaces."
    • "The data uploading part and backup could be better. They are a bit complex. Oracle is continuously changing it from one functionality to another. It's a bit unstable right now, and it's basically on the backend data upload part. If I have to upload, for example, data for 100 employees, it's a bit of a challenge for an end-user. It can be difficult if you're not a technical person and an end-user like me. I administer the platform, and if I get a request to upload and I'm not a technical person, then I'm just lost. I have to do some research and then complete the task. But it's evolving, and I hope it's more user-friendly in the future. In the next release, I would like a more stable mobile application. The current version isn't very stable. It takes time to open, and although they have come up with new UI pages, a few open areas need to be addressed. I would also like to see more robust and user-friendly data uploading techniques that would be helpful for end users like us. We don't have a technical background, and we just want to upload the data for our day-to-day operations."

What is most valuable?

I like the interfaces, and they are fine. I would like to see more interfaces.

What needs improvement?

The data uploading part and backup could be better. They are a bit complex.

It can be difficult if you're not a technical person and an end-user like me. I administer the platform, and if I get a request to upload and I'm not a technical person, then I'm just lost. I have to do some research and then complete the task. But it's evolving, and I hope it's more user-friendly in the future.

In the next release, I would like a more stable mobile application. The current version isn't very stable. It takes time to open, and although they have come up with new UI pages, a few open areas need to be addressed.

I would also like to see more robust and user-friendly data uploading techniques that would be helpful for end users like us. We don't have a technical background, and we just want to upload the data for our day-to-day operations.

I have been using Oracle HCM Cloud for four or five years.

Oracle HCM Cloud is a stable product.

Oracle HCM Cloud is highly scalable. It can cater to 50 employees or 15,000. That's how many users we have currently, so I think it's fine.

Technical support is good, but sometimes it takes time. The solution provider is accurate, but sometimes it takes time to make them understand what we are facing. Once the issue is clear and understood, they provide a high-quality solution.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The initial setup is straightforward. We implemented this solution in 2016 or 2017. I think it took about eight to nine months to deploy this solution.

Our in-house team deployed this solution. One or two people can maintain Oracle HCM Cloud. If it's on a daily basis, the issue can be resolved pretty quickly.

I don't know how much it costs, but I know that everything is included. We don't pay anything extra apart from the licensing fee.

What other advice do I have?

I would tell potential users that not every requirement can be fulfilled. It's best to keep customizations to a minimum. If the product is used as it is, I think it could be much easier to maintain.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Oracle HCM Cloud an eight.

Other
    Oracle HCM Cloud
    July 2022
    620,600 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    IT Manager at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
    Has much room for improvement in all the modules
    • "We have 35,000 employees in our organization, so we consider the solution to be scalable."
    • "The solution has much room for improvement in all the modules."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for people management. We also use it for employee and manager self-service, as an HR module and as a tool for measuring goals and performance. We use the learn module and talent management. We also use the rewards, composition module.

What needs improvement?

The solution has much room for improvement in all the modules and we are not wholly satisfied with it. The goal in performance, compensation, learn module, core HR and employee and manager self-service should all be addressed.

The initial setup was complex.

I would not define the solution as being stable, but as being adjusted. When it comes to the issue of stability, we find the solution to be fading out and must adjust it to the application.

I rate the technical support as a four out of ten.

The product features and functions and the GUI (graphical user interface) should all be fundamentally improved. There are many features that are absent from the solution. The data is not synchronized and this is evident when an employee transfers from one location to another.

The visibility of data is not synchronized in the goals and performance module, which translates into a lack of visibility when it comes to the details. By way of example, I cannot see my performance rating or the details from the previous year or quarter in my position as line manager.

I am forced to go with and open multiple screens and windows.

The learn module lacks flexibility for gauging the accuracy of the completed learning or the assignment details. It has many limitations.

There is much to be improved when it comes to employee and manager self-service.

I have been using Oracle HCM Cloud for four years.

I rate the technical support as a four out of ten.

The initial setup was complex.

The implementation was handled solely by a record team, with the implementation partner being the record office.

I cannot comment on the cost, as this is handled by a different team. As there is a team that is responsible for this, I cannot specify any one individual to whom this question should be addressed.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Oracle HCM Cloud as a three out of ten.

General Manager - Software Solutions at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    Very comprehensive with the additional capability for a balanced scorecard
    • "Offers a good balanced scorecard capability."
    • "The interface could be more user friendly."

What is most valuable?

This is a very comprehensive solution, covering every aspect of the HCM profit cycle and the life cycle. It's got from hire to fire. It also has the additional capability for a balanced scorecard, which is a key component of any company evaluation. That comes as part of the balanced scorecard concept, as part of a strategy process within the HCM product portfolio. It's a huge benefit to anyone taking up the Oracle HCM solution.

What needs improvement?

I think the interfaces could be improved because when you're going into the landing page,  the interfaces look a bit blunt when they could be more user-friendly. I'd like to see some additional modules around direct integration into healthcare devices. If you have a lot of wearable devices wher the information could be directly put into the system it might be able to predict the probability that someone might go on sick leave, for example. Health and wellness could be incorporated into the system and it would be good to see integration with the wearables within the product. I'd also like to see more integration with AI.

I've been using this solution for close to four years.

This is a stable product.

Scalability is easily achieved because it's on cloud.

The technical support of Oracle is extremely good because they have a defined platform, and everything is clear. One area that could be improved is when requests are made and they move it across different time zones over the period of a day. In the morning, it might go to Asia and if the issue hasn't been solved by the end of the day there, it gets shifted to Europe which can be frustrating.

With the correct knowledge, the setup is relatively straightforward. It's not a download and install solution like MS office so you need people who know the product. And it's not a difficult process to configure the module because the options for customizations are standardized within the solution itself. The process and procedures for getting the add-on, or the additional functionalities included in the solution are clearly defined in terms of how the customization would work within that solution. You need to have a technical, functional consultant to do the configuration, customizations or any additions that might be required.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution eight out of 10.

Partner at a non-tech company with 51-200 employees
    Integrates well, and is reliable
    • "In general, functionality is fine."
    • "In some cases, the price may be lower depending on what is negotiated."

What is our primary use case?

I work for a consulting company. I work with clients who have or are in the process of implementing those systems. I do not use them myself.

I do not have a reselling license. This is an independent consulting firm, and our clients occasionally ask us for advice on ERP systems.

I do not use ERP systems. I work with clients who use ERP systems. I haven't used any ERP system in the last 12 months. ERP systems are used by my customers.

What is most valuable?

In general, functionality is fine. I don't have any specific functional areas that are an issue.

I don't have any issues with the integration.

What needs improvement?

In some cases, the price may be lower depending on what is negotiated.

Oracle HCM Cloud is a stable solution.

Oracle HCM Cloud is scalable.

I do some work with different systems from time to time, such as SAP ERP, Microsoft Dynamics 365, and Oracle E-Business Suite.

I am also familiar with Workday.

I've never used any of them. I'm not an end-user. I'm aware of what they're capable of. I understand the process to implement them. I understand the types of issues that must be addressed, but I have never used an ERP system as an end-user.

You will require the assistance of a system implementor.

Pricing is largely determined by what is agreed upon. It's difficult to say that pricing needs improvement, because it depends on what is negotiated and whether you get a good price or not.

What other advice do I have?

Oracle HCM Cloud is a part of Oracle Cloud Fusion. There are many parts such as Financials, Project Accounting, and more.

You need to have a good, clear design done upfront, and that is well understood by the business. You will need a good system implementation partner. And you must have some level of control over not making changes to standard products. Keep it as close to the standard as possible.

I would rate Oracle HCM Cloud an eight out of ten.

Associate Vice President at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
    Good at building to client's needs with a robust roadmap and an all-around solid product
    • "The solution is very good at building out a roadmap based on client needs and feedback."
    • "The product needs to keep improving the integration tools and the tools to load the data - that whole mechanism - in order to allow for flexibility in the configuration."

What is most valuable?

They've really taken the best of breed from another product. With the products that they're using, like HCM and Finance, they're very solid.

The solution is very good at building out a roadmap based on client needs and feedback.

What needs improvement?

The solution is still quite young, as a cloud service.

They just need to keep enhancing, listening to the customers, and enhancing the business needs of the customers. They need to really get their student administration system out. They need to get that done so that we can purchase that and implement it.

All systems are still growing, and they're enhancing those. I can't say really a specific area of functionality, or feature is lacking. It goes back to overall just listening to the clients and the business needs and enhance from that.

The product needs to keep improving the integration tools and the tools to load the data - that whole mechanism - in order to allow for flexibility in the configuration.

We've been working with the solution for four or five years at this point. We're new to the cloud.

In general, the company is very good at receiving feedback and improving on their solution.

The solution has a SaaS licensing model.

What other advice do I have?

We are a partner and have a relationship with a vendor.

As we use the cloud deployment model, we are always on the latest version of the solution. You don't have a choice. It automatically updates everything regularly.

This application is a software as a service model. Oracle hosts this. It's on their infrastructure. I'm not sure where they have their own infrastructure, however.

I would rate this solution at an eight out of ten. It's my understanding that they are still enhancing a lot of things and there is still a lot of growth ahead for the product.

Private Cloud
    Feras Ahmad - PeerSpot reviewer
    Director : Oracle GRC at Technology Risk Partners
    Good support for mobile devices, and an interface with a nice look and feel
    • "The most valuable feature is the support for mobile devices."
    • "It would be very nice if we were able to roll back transactions from data that was loaded with the data loader."

What is our primary use case?

I have completed many projects in human capital and human resources using Oracle HCM Cloud. This is across multiple countries and industries and for areas including workforce deployment, absence management, business intelligence reports, and human capital management.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the support for mobile devices. For example, you can open your account, record absences, or review payslips all on your mobile device.

The look and feel of the interface are very nice. It is user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

I have been working with HCM Cloud for five years.

Oracle HCM is a stable product.

This solution is scalable. Our clients are medium-sized companies and enterprises. One of our clients has 54,000 employees who are managed using it. Other examples include clients with 56000, 26000, 2400, and as low as 70 employees.

Prior to HCM Cloud, I worked with the Oracle E-Business Suite. I have not worked with products from other vendors.

The initial setup is straightforward and user-friendly. The length of time required for deployment depends on the modules that are being implemented. Implementing the servers will take approximately four months.

Our in-house team implements Oracle HCM for our clients. We have five people in the company who work with Oracle.

Oracle HCM offers many features at a low price. The pricing is very good.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product and I recommend implementing it.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Abdul Khadar Jilani Shaik - PeerSpot reviewer
    IT Project Manager at Appstec Technology Services
    Localized payroll, well integrated, and reliable
    • "This solution has localized the payroll which is a good thing."
    • "Cloud learning can be improved."

What is most valuable?

I work in Saudi Arabia, the localization is most valuable. This solution has localized the payroll which is a good thing. They are providing the same service to HR with the core HRMS system without budgets procuring separately. Performance talent management, Oracle performance management, and recruiting were different before. Previously, it was video recruiting and onboarding, now they have integrated it into a complete solution.

What needs improvement?

Cloud learning can be improved. There should be better integration with courses from other platforms. The courses should be able to be brought into the system and available for the user's software company.

In a future release, Oracle needs to provide a tool that is easily customizable. It also requires a lot of effort trying to develop in Oracle Cloud. There should be a visual builder tool like they provide for Oracle customer for visual customer services. This visual builder is a similar type of service for all applications that is available and it would be much better.

I have been using this solution for approximately six years.

The solution is stable.

Most of our clients are medium to large scale businesses.

I have found the technical support to be helpful. Most of all the support services are good.

The implementation can take up to six months. This time depends on what module is being installed. For example, if a company is implementing a finance supply chain HCM and they want to deploy all the rest of the resources at the same time it will take five months maximum.

The solution is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Oracle HCM Cloud an eight out of ten.

Download our free Oracle HCM Cloud Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: July 2022