Very large and complexes environments implementation, 10000+ users with 24x7 global operation and multiple EPM tools working in sync.
Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) is the #4 ranked solution in top Data Integration Tools. PeerSpot users give Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) an average rating of 8.2 out of 10. Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) is most commonly compared to Oracle Integration Cloud Service: Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) vs Oracle Integration Cloud Service. Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 73% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 23% of all views.
Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication
Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) OverviewUNIXBusinessApplicationPrice:
Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) Buyer's Guide
Download the Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022
What is Oracle Data Integrator (ODI)?
Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) is a data integration software solution that provides a unified infrastructure to streamline data and application integration projects. It uses a powerful design approach to data integration, which separates the declarative rules from the implementation details. The solution is based on a unique ELT (Extract Load Transform) architecture, eliminating the need for a standalone ETL server and proprietary engine.
Oracle Data Integrator Features
ODI has many valuable key features. Some of the most useful ones include:
- Automatic documentation generation
- Visualization of data flows in the interfaces
- Customization of generated code
- Automatic reverse-engineering of existing applications or databases
- Graphical development and maintenance of transformation and integration interfaces
- Robust data integrity control features, assuring the consistency and correctness of data
- Powerful core differentiators
- Heterogeneous ELT, declarative design and knowledge modules
- Flexibility and modularity
- Oracle Data Integrator repository
- Topology navigator
- Operator Navigator
- Security Navigator
- Integrator Console
- ODI domains
Oracle Data Integrator Benefits
There are many benefits to implementing ODI. Some of the biggest advantages the solution offers include:
- Efficient architecture: Oracle Data Integrator has a simple architecture that utilizes the source and target servers to perform complex transformations, making it an efficient solution.
- Supports all platforms: ODI gives you platform independence by supporting all platforms, hardware, and OSes with the same software.
- Cost-effective: Oracle Data Integrator reduces costs associated with initial hardware and software acquisition, and also decreases maintenance costs because it eliminates the need for an ETL Server and an ETL engine.
- Automatic detection of faulty data: By using ODI, faulty data is recycled before insertion in the target application, providing you with a data quality firewall.
- Easy development and maintenance: With a low learning curve, Oracle Data Integrator increases developer productivity while facilitating ongoing maintenance.
- Active integration: ODI includes all styles of data integration: data-based, event-based and service-based.
Reviews from Real Users
Below are some reviews and helpful feedback written by PeerSpot users currently using the Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) solution.
Brian D., Business Process and Strategy Specialist Advisor at NTTData, says, “The Knowledge Module (KM) is my favorite feature of ODI. This is where I learned how to use variables to make jobs dynamic. I took that knowledge and created a KM that would go into iTunes and pull the sales of eBooks. Making something that is reusable, like a KM, is important to not only reduce build time but also maintenance in the future.”
Ashok S., Applications Support Manager at a marketing services firm, mentions, "The most valuable features of ODI are the ease of development, you can have a template, and you can onboard transfer very quickly. There's a lot of knowledge modules available that we can use. If you want to connect, for example, a Sibyl, SQL, Oracle, or different products, we don't have to develop them from scratch. They are available, but if it's not, we can go into the marketplace and see if there's a connector there. Having the connector available reduces the amount of hard work needed. We only have to put the inputs and outputs. In some of the products, we use there is already integration available for ODI, which is helpful."
Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) was previously known as ODI.
Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) Customers
Griffith University, Kansas City Power & Light, Keste, Raymond James Financial, Valdosta State University
Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) Video
Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) Pricing Advice
What users are saying about Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) pricing:
Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) Reviews
Oracle Data Integrator (ODI)
Learn what your peers think about Oracle Data Integrator (ODI). Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
655,774 professionals have used our research since 2012.