Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security is #14 ranked solution in top Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) tools. PeerSpot users give Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security an average rating of 9.0 out of 10. Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security is most commonly compared to Cisco ISE (Identity Services Engine): Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security vs Cisco ISE (Identity Services Engine). Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 63% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 15% of all views.

Download the Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security?

Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS) is the only comprehensive solution designed to help manage and protect users, devices, apps, and data in a mobile-first, cloud-first world.

Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security was previously known as Enterprise Mobility + Security E3, Enterprise Mobility + Security E5, MS Enterprise Mobility + Security.

Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security Customers

Mars, Whole Foods, Land O'Lakes, Dow

Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security Video

Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security pricing:
"I would rate pricing at eight out of ten. It is a bit higher because of the security features that Microsoft provides."

Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security Reviews

Server Support Supervisor at Galveston County
User-friendly, useful for collaboration, and offers excellent technical support
  • "You can scale the solution up or down by department."
  • "The licensing is quite expensive."

What is our primary use case?

We use the product for centralized communications. We use chat, SCCM, Azure, Visio Pro, and quite a few other Microsoft applications.

As a business manager, I use it for all the basic stuff. I use Microsoft for, of course, the Office Suite, however, in regard to the Enterprise packaging, I use it for our communications tool. I use it as Teams. I really use Teams for communicating with the department. Other than that, the core licensing and things of that nature, the server items that we have, SCCM, that's more from our server-side. They use it more for server licensing whereas I just use it for the basics of communicating, chatting, and things of that nature. That's the regular Microsoft Office Suite.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is it's a collaboration tool that we can dump all things in at the same time, and we don't have to go to different locations to search for documents that we want to share among 40 people.

It's great and it is something that is very user-friendly as a whole.

Microsoft is a very strong product here the brand recognition and trust are high.

You can scale the solution up or down by department.

The stability is good.

What needs improvement?

My suggestion would be just for IT, for us, to continue pushing it out and making it more knowledgeable and easy to use for those that are not as savvy with technology. We don't want them to overthink just using the basic tools within Microsoft.

The licensing is quite expensive.

We've been using the solution since 2013.

Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM)
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, VMware, IBM and others in Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM). Updated: September 2022.
635,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I purchased this in 2013 and it's been pretty stable since then. It's been actually a really great tool. We're becoming more knowledgeable about different things that it can do day by day. We haven't had any issues with it. It's pretty stable.

Microsoft Enterprise is a tool that you can build on, or just scale back for departments that only utilize a very small portion. I only use a very small portion of the Enterprise agreement, however, others within IT use the platform for something much larger or something much more detailed. It can expand or contract to meet different departmental needs. It's a platform you can easily build on.

We have about 1,400 people within our organization using the solution.

I haven't used Microsoft tech support. That said, I am very aware that our server team has, and it's 24/7 support that they can't live without. It seems they have met our needs and overall, the company is very happy with them.

We handled the installation and never had a problem with it. We have 12 system admins that are capable of maintaining the solution.

We installed it ourselves.

The licensing period is three or four years and it's a pretty penny. We get it off a cooperative, meaning we share the cost with separate entities. I don't remember the exact amount.

What other advice do I have?

We are considered a Microsoft partner as we are amongst a group that uses Microsoft Enterprise. It may not be a true partnership per se, however, we've been a customer for over 10 years.

We are level E3.

I'd advise potential new users to just become knowledgeable about all of the products within the platform, so that you do not purchase other items that you already have within Microsoft.

If you take the training before you roll out a large application like Microsoft, it's easier for your customers to understand how to use it.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

Niranjan Jain - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Engineer at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
Can add security features to applications rather than a user's device
  • "A good feature that is present is MAM or Mobile Application Management. We can deploy this feature on the device, which is not managed by the organization. If I apply some security configuration on a personal device, the user would be really disappointed. What we do instead is that we give all access to the applications related to corporate and ask the users to use the application. We secure the application by putting the security features on the applications and not on the users' devices. This way, the users are happy, and we also meet our company's compliance standards. Then, everyone is happy."
  • "The auditing and reporting could be updated and upgraded. I would like to see light applications because they consume a lot of the device's memory at present."

What is most valuable?

A good feature that is present is MAM or Mobile Application Management. We can deploy this feature on the device, which is not managed by the organization. If I apply some security configuration on a personal device, the user would be really disappointed. What we do instead is that we give all access to the applications related to corporate and ask the users to use the application. We secure the application by putting the security features on the applications and not on the users' devices. This way, the users are happy, and we also meet our company's compliance standards. Then, everyone is happy.

What needs improvement?

The auditing and reporting could be updated and upgraded.

I would like to see light applications because they consume a lot of the device's memory at present.

I've been working with this solution for around four years.

Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Security is a stable solution.

We can force sync so that every device is scalable in configuration.

The configuration is very simple and straightforward. The only thing required is the authenticator app, and Microsoft has released step-by-step guides that are user-friendly.

What other advice do I have?

In general, I would give Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Security a nine out of ten.

Download our free Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, VMware, IBM, and more!
Updated: September 2022