Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Micro Focus Network Operations Management OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Network Management Applications Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2022

What is Micro Focus Network Operations Management?

Network management solutions are continually called onto to adapt to new technologies, while retaining value of existing ones, including: SDNs, multiple connection methods to the cloud and Internet, remote sites, and WiFi networks. All of these technologies require closer collaboration between network engineering and operations because of their dynamic nature, which requires fast and deep understanding of the technologies to operate effectively.

Micro Focus Network Operations Management Video

Micro Focus Network Operations Management Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Micro Focus Network Operations Management pricing:
"Micro Focus' price is on the higher side, but there are other products like CA products and IBM that are more expensive. At the same time, you have to compare the maturity level of the solutions."

Micro Focus Network Operations Management Reviews

DXC Technology at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
When it comes to customization, it's more mature than its competitors.
  • "When it comes to customization, Micro Focus is more mature than its competitors."
  • "Micro Focus Network Management doesn't support end-to-end monitoring of cloud infrastructure. Micro Focus might have different cloud solutions for cloud automation and hybrid cloud management. There are a lot of products that also support automation. That is different, but it should monitor the cloud from an IT operations management perspective."

What is our primary use case?

I provide support and implementation of HPE and Micro Focus tools, and I've deployed this application in businesses operating in the banking, telecom, finance, and manufacturing sectors.

What is most valuable?

When it comes to customization, Micro Focus is more mature than its competitors.

What needs improvement?

Micro Focus Network Management doesn't support end-to-end monitoring of cloud infrastructure. Micro Focus might have different cloud solutions for cloud automation and hybrid cloud management. There are a lot of products that also support automation. That is different, but it should monitor the cloud from an IT operations management perspective.

I can monitor individual cloud environments like Azure and AWS, but I have to add a connector for this to work end to end. When I buy a monitoring solution, I want to monitor my cloud environment, on-premises infrastructure, and everything else. So that is where it can be improved.

I've been using Micro Focus Network Management since 2009.

Network Management Applications
October 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Micro Focus, Cisco, Aruba Networks and others in Network Management Applications. Updated: October 2022.
634,590 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The technical support depends on the kind of support you're purchasing from Micro Focus, whether standard or premium. I think we have an ELA license, so it depends. I worked with all kinds of support. I've faced challenges at times, but it has premium support if we have a good environment. Hence, there's dedicated support available to coordinate between you and this environment. But, overall, support is more or less the same as you get from other vendors.

I've worked with several different applications in the IT Operation Management and APM space. I worked on Microsoft a few years back and also used AppDynamics. In some areas, Micro Focus tools are leading in the Gartner's quadrant, but Micro Focus still needs to grow more mature in the APM segment.

Micro Focus needs to move quickly because there are more customers than there are applications. However, they don't a product that can support end-to-end monitoring of cloud environments.

The difficulty of the implementation depends on who is implementing it. It is a bit complex sometimes, but the application has a peculiar way of deployment. Overall, it's not too complicated. I can say it's average—not too easy or too tricky. I have experience with Microsoft, HPE, and other solutions. Micro Focus is more or less identical in terms of the application manager. At times, the documentation was unclear, but now they have interactive topics, so the documentation and implementation have improved.

Micro Focus' price is on the higher side, but there are other products like CA products and IBM that are more expensive. At the same time, you have to compare the maturity level of the solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Micro Focus Network Management Center eight and a half out of 10.

Download our free Network Management Applications Report and find out what your peers are saying about Micro Focus, Cisco, Aruba Networks, and more!
Updated: October 2022