LMNTRIX Active Defense OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

LMNTRIX Active Defense is the #3 ranked solution in MDR Services. PeerSpot users give LMNTRIX Active Defense an average rating of 9.8 out of 10. LMNTRIX Active Defense is most commonly compared to CrowdStrike Falcon Complete: LMNTRIX Active Defense vs CrowdStrike Falcon Complete. LMNTRIX Active Defense is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 45% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a construction company, accounting for 14% of all views.
LMNTRIX Active Defense Buyer's Guide

Download the LMNTRIX Active Defense Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is LMNTRIX Active Defense?

LMNTRIX has reimagined cybersecurity, turning the tables in favor of the defenders once again. We have cut out the bloat of SIEM, log analysis, false positives and associated alert fatigue and we created new methods for confounding even the most advanced attackers. We combine deep expertise with cutting-edge technology, leading intelligence, and advanced analytics to detect and investigate threats with great speed, accuracy, and focus. We believe that in a time of continuous compromise you need continuous response – not incident response. Our approach turns inward and assumes that you’re already breached and that you’re continually going to be breached, so we take a pro-active, offensive, hunting, adversarial pursuit stance as opposed to a reactive, defensive, legacy stance with analysts staring at a SIEM console wishing they could detect an APT.

LMNTRIX Active Defense is a best in class Managed Detection & Response (MDR) service that detects and responds to advanced threats that bypass perimeter controls. The outcomes we deliver clients are validated breaches that are investigated, contained and remediated. All incidents are aligned to the kill chain and Mitre ATT&CK frameworks and contain detailed investigative actions and recommendations that your organisation follows to protect against the unknown, insider threat and malicious attacker.

We are a partner which becomes an extension of your internal team, can augment your MSSP, or be a full-service SOC as a service security solution.

Active Defense is made up of 3 elements:

LMNTRIX GRID (XDR) – This is our cyber defence SaaS platform that provides a new utility model for enterprise security, delivering pervasive visibility, automated threat detection & prevention, threat hunting, investigation, validation and unlimited forensic exploration on-demand and entirely from the cloud. It is a single investigative platform for insights into threats on enterprise, cloud, hybrid, and industrial control systems (ICS) networks. The LMNTRIX Grid delivers unique advantages over current network security solutions. It is a holistic and multi-vector platform with unlimited retention window of full-fidelity network traffic, innovative security visualizations, and the ease and cost-savings of an on-demand deployment model.

LMNTRIX Technology Stack –This is our powerful proprietary threat detection stack that is deployed onsite, behind existing controls. It’s made up of network sensors, endpoint agents and deceptions everywhere. It combines multiple threat detection systems, with deception everywhere, machine learning, threat intel, correlation, static file analysis, heuristics, and behavior and anomaly detection techniques to find threats in real-time. It decreases alarm fatigue by automatically determining which alerts should be elevated to security events, and reduces false positives by requiring consensus across detection.

LMNTRIX Cyber Defense Centers - While these technologies are without peer, what sets us apart from the pack is our team of cybersecurity professionals who continually monitor our clients environments 24x7 while simultaneously hunting threats internally as well as monitoring developments on the deep and dark web. Our CDC's are a global network of cyber defense centers with highly trained and certified intrusion analysts who provide constant vigilance and on-demand analysis of your networks. Our intrusion analysts monitor your networks and endpoints 24x7, applying the latest intelligence and proprietary methodologies to look for signs of compromise. When a potential compromise is detected, the team performs an in- depth analysis on affected systems to confirm the breach. When data theft or lateral movement is imminent, our automated perimeter containment blocks attackers in their tracks while endpoint containment feature makes immediate reaction possible by quarantining affected hosts, whether they are on or off your corporate network, significantly reducing or eliminating the consequences of a breach.

LMNTRIX Active Defense Customers

Alliance Funding Group (AFG) - USA

Kestrel Coal - Australia

Success Resources - Malaysia

LMNTRIX Active Defense Video

LMNTRIX Active Defense Pricing Advice

What users are saying about LMNTRIX Active Defense pricing:
  • "The cost is going to be a little higher than traditional endpoint protection, but you are getting the 24/7 monitoring and validation by highly skilled analysts and that makes it worth it."
  • "The pricing and ease of install are great!"
  • "It's not the cheapest solution, but you certainly get what you paid for."
  • LMNTRIX Active Defense Reviews

reviewer1478019 - PeerSpot reviewer
    Systems Manager at ABQ Water Utility Authority
    Knowledgeable staff help with threat validation, minimizing false positives while keeping us secure
    • "The fact that it's constantly hunting, looking for anomalies, and can evict without any intervention is really incredible."
    • "In the beginning, we were having issues with the LMNTRIX respond agent not playing nice with Cisco AMP."

What is our primary use case?

Originally, we were looking for endpoint protection for our workstations as well as our servers. The fact that endpoints would be monitored 24/7 with the Respond agent, and that each threat is being verified, is what really sold it for us.

We have since expanded to include detection and hunt in our environments, and that really helps to protect us from an attack. We have since expanded to include our SCADA environments to make sure those are also protected at the same level.

We are extremely satisfied customers.

How has it helped my organization?

Having all incidents validated and monitored 24/7 has helped to improve the way we function. Knowing that our company is being protected by extremely skilled and knowledgeable analysts around the clock really gives us peace of mind.

At any time, we can reach out to them for assistance in validating threats or help with any forensics that we may need. Having the ability to expand our footprint to include our SCADA environments has really proven to be a great addition.

Our OT counterparts have been extremely grateful that we were able to include them and their endpoints.

What is most valuable?

I would say that fact that incidents are validated before we are notified is the most valuable feature. This really keeps the number of false positives to zero.

Hunt has also been great. The fact that it's constantly hunting, looking for anomalies, and can evict without any intervention is really incredible.

Not necessarily a feature, but I would like to include their staff as valuable. Finding security analysts that are this knowledgeable, is not very easy. Knowing that these analysts are looking over our environments really helps us all sleep a little better at night.

What needs improvement?

In the beginning, we were having issues with the LMNTRIX respond agent not playing nice with Cisco AMP. We had PCs that were crashing because resources would peg and the box would be unusable.

We understood that running both endpoint protections was not the best thing to do, but we went through the exercise anyway. We wanted to verify that it was working as well as promised before removing Cisco AMP from our PCs. After much testing, we were thoroughly convinced that it was a superior product for us and what we needed.

LMNTRIX Active Defense
    November 2022
    Learn what your peers think about LMNTRIX Active Defense. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
    657,849 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We have been an LMNTRIX customer for about two years.

In those two years, we have expanded the products we are using, as well as implementing them in more environments.

The product has been very stable. We are able to run our Server endpoint protection first in detect mode so that we can correctly whitelist what we need without breaking anything.  Once we are ready, we can change to protect mode which then starts blocking threats.

This solution is easily scalable. We started out small and added both products and additional endpoints in several environments without issue.

Customer service has been outstanding. We have a monthly check-in call with their team to make sure everything is working well and to discuss any incidents that were found in the last month.

We were using Cisco AMP on all of our endpoints. AMP worked very well, but we weren't getting the 24/7 monitoring and validation that we were looking for.

Setup is extremely simple. We are able to push out the respond-agent to endpoints using SCCM. Hunt and Decoys come as OVAs that easily deployed in our virtual environments.

Overall, the initial setup was very straightforward. The LMNTRIX engineers worked with us to make sure the setup went smoothly.

We went through a VAR. When we implemented, we used the VAR's, LMNTRIX, and our engineers to make sure we were fully covered.

Our ROI is hard to say, although I do know that our investment is much cheaper than a security breach. Being that we are providing drinking water to customers, we need to take every precaution to keep all systems safe.

The cost is going to be a little higher than traditional endpoint protection, but you are getting the 24/7 monitoring and validation by highly skilled analysts and that makes it worth it.

We had previously looked at Sophos, Trend Micro, Cylance, and the endpoint protection from Palo Alto.

What other advice do I have?

For companies like us that couldn't afford to setup and staff a 24/7 SOC, LMNTRIX is the perfect solution.  Have them setup a proof of concept and show you want it can do for you.

Henry Danielson - PeerSpot reviewer
    Director of Tech at a non-tech company with 201-500 employees
    Easy to install, nice dashboard, and responsive technical support who care about the customer
    • "Automatic alerts from staying current with the threat landscape have helped us stay safe."
    • "The next release might include a monthly newsletter."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use is protecting our network and end-users.

I also use this as a ready-to-go solution in case we are attacked! The team at LMNTRIX is on point and always goes beyond its capabilities and support. I always tell my peers about them and how amazing their response team is, as well as the stellar monitoring they have on board.

I highly recommend them to anyone!

Also, their attention to detail and personal care skills are out of this world. They really care about what they do! We also use this product to stay ahead of what is going on and to be ready if an attack occurs.

How has it helped my organization?

The Adaptive Threat Response has helped our staff and leadership understand the importance of having this solution in place. We have been hit with small ransomware exploits and other attacks.

The team and the Adaptive Threat Response has helped us grow and be ready for threats. They are amazing and always immediately responsive. There is no waiting for a callback. Their knowledge and expertise are paramount to keeping us safe!

What is most valuable?

Automatic alerts from staying current with the threat landscape have helped us stay safe. These help me be ready to implement changes on the fly.

I also rely on their knowledge base emails and I can always ask them anything. They are receptive and know their stuff! Calling the team and asking questions or getting support has been wonderful. The understanding of threats and how to remediate them has been a huge component of keeping us safe.

More valuable features are the easy installation of the product and the use of the dashboard.

What needs improvement?

The next release might include a monthly newsletter.

We have been using LMNTRIX Adaptive Threat Response for three years.

The stability is great. They are always on the bleeding edge and their team and solution are on point with this ever changing industry.

The scalability is easily managed and it can support what you have.

Customer service is stellar and they really care about their customers. They are also very responsive! I can call anytime and get someone's support and advice. I feel our organization is protected by LMNTRIX!

I simply love their support and guidance! The team is amazing!

We did not use another solution prior to this one. We needed something and we found the team amazing!

The initial setup was straightforward. It was easy and completed in less than two days.

Overall, it is easy to navigate and deploy.

The vendor team and my team were involved. The level of expertise exceeded all my expectations.

My ROI has been invaluable. They have protected my network and helped me learn and grow. I cannot put a price on its worth to us.

It is the perfect solution and I highly recommend trying them out.

The pricing and ease of install are great!

We evaluated the FireEye Managed Defense product.

What other advice do I have?

LMNTRIX is amazing. I would hire them now they will not disappoint!

I don't have any suggestions at this time, as the product is stellar and their attention to detail is amazing. The personal attention and the software help to detect problems and monitor our network.

They have been around a while and their knowledge and expertise are stellar!

My only suggestion is for someone who has not tried them to give them a shot.

When looking at improvements sometimes you are happy with the provider and you don't know what could be improved.

LMNTRIX Active Defense
    November 2022
    657,849 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Director of Information Security at Scorpion
    User
    Great 24/7 monitoring, helpful support, and excellent console interface
    • "We have a dedicated technical representative that is very responsive."
    • "The only multifactor authentication that is available is Google Authenticator. I would love to see other multifactor applications added to this list as well as physical devices such as Yubikey."

What is our primary use case?

We host websites and applications in our data center. We have a small security team and do not have the bandwidth to implement and staff a security operations center and have it monitored 24/7. LMNTRIX is the perfect solution to our problem.

We are using LMNTRIX for security monitoring of all of our servers, network devices, and workstations. There is an agent sitting on endpoints and a network device that sits in our network stack. LMNTRIX does not use logs for detection. Rather. it monitors our environment in real-time. We really like that about them.

How has it helped my organization?

LMNTRIX is helping us with next-gen anti-virus as well as endpoint and network security monitoring. They are alerting us on issues in near real-time. The agent keeps our endpoints always up to date with the ability to detect known threats. The Security Operations Center (SOC) service is very responsive and has helped us identify active threats as well as respond. I sleep better at night knowing that LMNTRIX is monitoring our systems and has the ability to respond to threats as they happen. I would definitely recommend them to industry peers.

What is most valuable?

It's great to have a monitoring service that is watching our systems 24/7. It is also difficult to find good security people at reasonable prices to try to do the monitoring in-house yourself.

We have a dedicated technical representative that is very responsive. Any time I have issues or need help with anything, I can call or email them and they immediately respond. The implementation was straightforward and easy to put in place.

I also really like the console interface. It is very intuitive and easy to use.

What needs improvement?

I would love to have the ability to block USBs as some of the other AV tools I've used can.

I would also love to see training modules added so that users could go at their own pace to expand their knowledge of the tool and get the most use out of it as possible. It is hard to be critical on a tool that I think is great.

I've used the solution for about five months.

Stability seems solid. We haven't seen any issues so far.

We signed a yearly contract and will likely be signing a 3-year after. I have not seen any issues with their ability to scale.

Customer service has been awesome. We have a dedicated technical support rep who is very responsive. The SOC team has been great as well in terms of answering questions and responding to alerts.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We did not previously use a different solution.

The setup was very easy. We installed the agent on all endpoints and got the network devices up and configured fairly quickly.

We did not implement it through a vendor team.

The ROI has not been calculated.

The setup was straight forward. The pricing seems to be very reasonable.

We evaluated Arctic Wolf, Alert Logic, and Crowdstrike.

reviewer1475763 - PeerSpot reviewer
    Chief Information Security Officer at Albuquerque Bernalillo County Water Utility Authority
    Saves us money, it is simple to install, and helps us focus on what is important
    • "LMNTRIX first validates incidents before alerting us of the activity, so we're not inundated with false positives."
    • "The portal is still a bit buggy, although it's new and still being refined."

What is our primary use case?

We wanted 24/7 Incident validation and response, but without paying the hefty costs to run and staff a 24/7 SOC. Finding knowledgeable security analysts is not an easy task.

LMNTRIX gives us peace of mind knowing that their highly skilled staff is looking over our enterprise, even at 3 am. When an issue does occur, we have been able to contact them and quickly receive assistance with validation, hunting, forensics, etc., by an entire team of highly skilled and knowledgable security experts.

How has it helped my organization?

This product has greatly reduced the amount of noise.

We have a very small security team, so this solution allows us to focus on what's important.  They have been extremely helpful and knowledgeable when an incident does occur.

Maintaining a 24/7 SOC is extremely cost-prohibitive. LMNTRIX makes this possible for a fraction of the cost. I have no regrets about standardizing on LMNTRIX as our endpoint protection agent. Their vast portfolio of services makes it easy to protect the entire enterprise.

What is most valuable?

I have found their 24/7 Incident Validation and Response to be the most valuable. This allows for less fire fighting and more of a proactive response to cybersecurity within our organization.

LMNTRIX first validates incidents before alerting us of the activity, so we're not inundated with false positives. The response time has also been quite impressive. There have been times that my staff is notified that my machine was performing tests before I even have a chance to notify them of my activities.

I'm very pleased with the visibility that the portal provides. You can quickly see what machines are active/inactive, what version of the agent they are running, etc. Incidents, decoys, etc., are also all visible from the grid portal. I'm sure it will only continue to improve as LMNTRIX further refines it and adds new functionality and reporting.

What needs improvement?

The portal is still a bit buggy, although it's new and still being refined. There have been numerous enhancements made to the portal since it's released back in July.

We have been using LMNTRIX Adaptive Threat Response for more than two years.

This product is very stable.

This is a highly scalable product.

The technical support is outstanding and has very fast response times.

We used another product before this, but there was too much noise and a lack of response.

This product is a very simple install.

LMNTRIX and our own personnel implemented the solution.

This has easily paid for itself by providing 24/7 SOC services at a fraction of the cost.

It's not the cheapest solution, but you certainly get what you paid for.

We did not evaluate other options.

Chief Information Officer at The C&S Companies
    It gives us fantastic information about the security of our environment
    • "LMNTRIX gives us fantastic information about the security of our environment. It tells us about possible threats and how to fix any issues."
    • "The dashboard can seem overwhelming at times. It's fairly simple for the end user, and we don't need to do much to make it work, but the dashboard makes it seem a little more complicated than it actually is. There could also be more guidance on how to set up playbooks."

What is our primary use case?

We use Active Defense daily to protect our enterprise, network, users, endpoints, and computers.

What is most valuable?

LMNTRIX gives us fantastic information about the security of our environment. It tells us about possible threats and how to fix any issues.

What needs improvement?

The dashboard can seem overwhelming at times. It's fairly simple for the end user, and we don't need to do much to make it work, but the dashboard makes it seem a little more complicated than it actually is. There could also be more guidance on how to set up playbooks.

We've been using Active Defense for one year

Active Defense is highly stable.

Active Defense currently covers around 700 endpoints, and we could add as many as we wanted without any trouble at all.

The team at LMNTRIX was great. They helped get going and ensured it was well integrated with our other solutions. They had a lot of information and were highly responsive.

The deployment was extremely easy. We pushed the client out to all of our computers and servers. Then, we set up the application server for LMNTRIX to pass information through.

Active Defense costs about what I would expect for a solution like that. It's a little less than $20 per user per year, which I thought was pretty good. It depends on the options. It was reasonably priced compared to other solutions.

We looked at CrowdStrike, Carbon Black, McAfee, and a few others, but LMNTRIX seemed complete.

What other advice do I have?

I rate LMNTRIX Active Defense nine out of 10. Don't discount LMNTRIX because they don't have the name recognition of a vendor like CrowdStrike does. Their solution is complete, and the company's team was extremely helpful in getting the solution up and running.

Download our free LMNTRIX Active Defense Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: November 2022