Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Lenovo ThinkAgile VX Series OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Lenovo ThinkAgile VX Series is #16 ranked solution in HCI Software. PeerSpot users give Lenovo ThinkAgile VX Series an average rating of 9.0 out of 10. Lenovo ThinkAgile VX Series is most commonly compared to VxRail: Lenovo ThinkAgile VX Series vs VxRail. Lenovo ThinkAgile VX Series is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 46% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 25% of all views.

Download the HCI Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Lenovo ThinkAgile VX Series?

Differentiating yourself from the competition is vital in today’s fast-moving business environment. To support your business, IT systems must be simple, agile, and cost-effective so you can meet your customers’ requirements to be ever online. Lenovo ThinkAgile VX Series enables you to meet these requirements by focusing on the business outcome you require, rather than on building your infrastructure.

ThinkAgile VX Series, powered by VMware vSAN, is available in several models. Each is preconfigured, pretested, and optimized to provide the simplest way to bring a new VMware hyperconverged environment online. If you have an existing VMware environment, the VX Series can integrate into it easily.

Designed for any size business from SMBs through large enterprises, VX Series can be used as infrastructure for remote office/branch office (ROBO) and retail stores as well as virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) and enterprise applications.

Lenovo ThinkAgile VX Series was previously known as Lenovo VX Series, ThinkAgile VX Series.

Lenovo ThinkAgile VX Series Video

Lenovo ThinkAgile VX Series Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Lenovo ThinkAgile VX Series pricing:
"You need to pay a license for additional features. If we need to monitor hardware for the automatic alert notification, we need to pay them."

Lenovo ThinkAgile VX Series Reviews

IT Consultant at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
Stable with good pricing and pretty good technical support
  • "We find the setup quite straightforward and very easy."
  • "The user management could be a bit better. It's something they could improve upon in future releases."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for our hyper-converged system.

What is most valuable?

The various scenarios for this solution are great.

The pricing is reasonable. It's very good. It's the main reason people are buying it.

The solution seems to be quite stable.

Technical support is very helpful.

Our clients don't seem to have trouble with scaling.

We find the setup quite straightforward and very easy.

What needs improvement?

We've been using the solution for about five or six years now. It's been a while.

HCI
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Lenovo, Dell Technologies, Hewlett Packard Enterprise and others in HCI. Updated: September 2022.
634,325 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The stability must be pretty good as we never hear of any issues from our clients. They seem to be happy with its reliability. We don't hear from them in terms of issues surrounding bugs or glitches. It's good.

The scalability is likely okay. We haven't had a client come back and complain about this aspect lacking in any way.

The technical support is okay. As the product supplier, we work pretty well alongside them and our clients don't seem to have any complaints. I would assume everyone is satisfied with the level of service provided.

We are also partners with HP and Dell. We use a variety of products from different brands.

We've also worked with IBM in the past.

The offerings of hyper-converged systems are mostly the same. Typically, the preference of which the client chooses is based on their own comfort level with a brand as well as pricing and budget.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward. It's easy. It isn't complex. We used to work with IBM which was a bit more involved.

We have ten engineers that have the capabilities to handle deployment and maintenance.

Customers really like the pricing as it's quite affordable for them.

What other advice do I have?

We're partners with Lenovo, among other solutions. We don't have an exclusive business relationship with them.

I would recommend the product to others. Of course, it depends on the company's price, budget, and requirements. Typically, I would recommend Lenovo or Dell. They're all right and we've worked with them both a lot. It's the preference of the client as well, and whether or not they are usually working with IBM on their storage system.

Overall, I would rate the solution at eight out of ten.

Sr. Customer Support Engineer at Magnamious Systems Pvt. Ltd.
Quick installation and useful for Oracle database and file server

What is our primary use case?

This solution is being used for the Oracle database and file server. It's deployed on-prem.

What needs improvement?

Support could be better.

I have been providing this solution for seven months.

It's stable. We haven't had any issues with the hardware or software in the past seven months.

It's scalable.

Lenovo has less technical support than Dell because of the engineer availability, so there's a little bit of delay. Dell is better than Lenovo in that area.

I would rate Lenovo's support 9 out of 10.

I also have experience with Dell. Dell has more engineer availability for technical support. Dell is always our first preference. We have around eight Dell EMC storages, including Unity 300 storage.

Installation is straightforward because it's a vSAN. It only took one or two days.

You need to pay a license for additional features. If we need to monitor hardware for the automatic alert notification, we need to pay them.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate them 10 out of 10.

Download our free HCI Report and find out what your peers are saying about Lenovo, Dell Technologies, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, and more!
Updated: September 2022