Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform E990 OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform E990 is the #8 ranked solution in best NVMe All-Flash Arrays and #26 ranked solution in best All-Flash Storage Arrays. PeerSpot users give Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform E990 an average rating of 8.4 out of 10. Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform E990 is most commonly compared to Dell PowerStore: Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform E990 vs Dell PowerStore. Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform E990 is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 59% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 17% of all views.

Download the NVMe All-Flash Storage Arrays Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform E990?

100% DATA AVAILABILITY GUARANTEE. LOWEST COST PER IOPS IN THE INDUSTRY. ULTIMATE FLEXIBILITY IN CONSUMPTION.

Is your infrastructure futureproof? The Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform (VSP) portfolio delivers performance and agility today and scales to match future demands. Maintain digital business with a highly available 24/7 infrastructure. Stretch your budget and get more value from existing infrastructure.

Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform E990 was previously known as Hitachi VSP E990.

Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform E990 Video

Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform E990 Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform E990 pricing:
  • "The main difference between Hitachi and other vendors is the cost. At the time that we bought the solution, it was the best option but the price, compared to other vendors, is a little high."
  • "The price per gigabyte is good and it is low when it comes to terabytes."
  • Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform E990 Reviews

Consultant at Telcel
    Helped to significantly reduce our storage footprint, and integrated monitoring gives us visibility
    • "One of the features, for us, that is important is the monitoring platform integrated into the solution. It has all the elements that we need to see, at all times, to be sure the platform is working right."
    • "The initial deployment was somewhat complex when it came to the installation because of the network connectivity. It was more difficult, in this specific case, than with other platforms."

What is our primary use case?

It's for our internal network SAN for about 100 virtual machines. It's about the IOPS. We were looking for a model that would have enough IOPS for these types of virtual machines. IOPS and latency are very important for us because we are running an application, on these virtual machines, that deals with building and milliseconds are very important.

How has it helped my organization?

Hitachi's adaptive data reduction technology has helped reduce our storage footprint. This was one of the reasons we bought the solution. It saves us about 80 percent versus another vendor's solution.

What is most valuable?

One of the features, for us, that is important is the monitoring platform integrated into the solution. It has all the elements that we need to see, at all times, to be sure the platform is working right.

What needs improvement?

There is room for improvement in terms of the IP solution.

NVMe All-Flash Storage Arrays
    November 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Hitachi, Dell Technologies, Pure Storage and others in NVMe All-Flash Storage Arrays. Updated: November 2022.
    653,522 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform E990 for three years.

In three years, we have only had four big issues.

Hitachi's effective capacity guarantee has been valuable for us. They provide us a certain capacity with a limit. When we reach this limit, we buy the next step. That means we always have enough capacity.

We use the solution for a specific department with about 200 people in it.

We haven't had to scale it because we bought the biggest option for this solution. We don't plan to increase our usage.

We have had too many issues.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

We had a Hitachi solution as well, before this one. When doing our assessment of the solution, we had a dedicated Hitachi partner who helped us to check into the IOPS and latency.

I was part of the project from the initial internal requirements. The initial deployment was somewhat complex when it came to the installation because of the network connectivity. It was more difficult, in this specific case, than with other platforms.

We used the embedded management for the installation. It made the latter part of the deployment easy, but the first part was very complicated for us.

The deployment was done directly with Hitachi.

We have seen ROI.

The main difference between Hitachi and other vendors is the cost. At the time that we bought the solution, it was the best option but the price, compared to other vendors, is a little high.

What other advice do I have?

Once the platform is up and running, it's very fast. But for integration, it's not the best option.

Private Cloud
    General Manager - IT Operations at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    High efficiency and simple setup
    • "The efficiency ratio is just as high as advertised. It's very high relative to other storage solutions as well. The compression and deduplication capabilities are also very high."
    • "One improvement I am hoping for in the next release is unified storage."

What is our primary use case?

In addition to being a data center, we are a cloud service provider, so our E990 is connected to our cloud systems. In the cloud itself, we provide storage as a service to the customer from the Hitachi E990 boxes.

What is most valuable?

The efficiency ratio is just as high as advertised. It's very high relative to other storage solutions as well. The compression and deduplication capabilities are also very high.

What needs improvement?

One improvement I am hoping for in the next release is unified storage. The other storage systems we use are unified, but E990 is not unified. Only block storage is available. To get the same functionality with the E990, you have to configure it through the NAS setup, which adds some additional costs. I would also like more capacity in a single box — expand the space up to 4 petabytes.

I have been using Hitachi E990 for about one year.

It's a very stable system. In the past year, we haven't had any issues with this.

Scalability is a little bit of an issue. The horizontal scalability is not there—only the vertical scalability is there.

They're very professional and up to date. Their sales staff and support teams are quite good. The pre-sales support is also excellent.

It's simpler than earlier storage solutions. There are a lot of things that we had to do in the past, but setup and implementation are very simple here. Deployment takes about a week or so. It usually takes no longer than 15 days at most, from the site readiness stage to completion.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Hitachi an eight out of ten.

NVMe All-Flash Storage Arrays
    November 2022
    653,522 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Hugo  Beltran - PeerSpot reviewer
    IT Infrastructure Manager at DISH
    A stable and easily installable solution with a good price and tech support

What is our primary use case?

I am using the latest update to the solution?

The solution is very good when it comes to performance with the data center.

What needs improvement?

The solution is a storage Hitachi E, meaning it is an entry level enterprise solution. For mission critical issues the performance is low.

I have been using Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform for two years, including the EF 700 and E Model, both of which I have been utilizing for a year apiece, in addition to the S Model. I use the solution to this day.

The solution is stable.

I have not tried the solution's scalability.

The technical support and services are good, strong.

The initial setup is easy.

The price per gigabyte is good and it is low when it comes to terabytes.

We are in the process of evaluating the solution at present.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, the solution is strong, easy and fast.

I would recommend the solution to others.

I rate Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform as a nine out of ten.