We performed a comparison between BigID and Informatica Axon based on real PeerSpot user reviews.Find out what your peers are saying about Collibra, Microsoft, Informatica and others in Data Governance.
"The features that I have found most valuable are the user experience, the credentialing, and that BigID is user friendly. Additionally, you can deploy to several other Microsoft platforms and you can use it for other things, like a bigger element or a report."
"Axon has a marketplace that allows you to showcase all the assets the data owner has, so they can request access. That's one feature we use extensively. Axon also offers great visibility and intuitive searchability, allowing you to easily search data assets. You can check the lineage and see the work EDC does. EDC handles all the classification, cataloging, and lineage. It's integrated with Axon, and anyone can see that."
"The dictionary, the search, and the ratings are without a doubt the most beneficial components of this solution."
"The solution allows the complete governance process, starting from the data quality, those definitions, and it can get the data quality in the EDC."
"Axon does one interesting thing that I don't think other tools do as well. It lets you rate data and incorporates Informatica's data quality feature into it. There are little indications and graphics that show you how good the data quality is, and you can drill into it to see where potential issues lie."
"The solution is stable."
"The feature of auto-onboarding of the assets, enterprise assets via EDC is good."
"The solution offers good data governance."
"The features that I have found most valuable are, first of all, that it comes as part of this whole bundle of Informatica tools. So if you've been implementing Informatica MDM across a business, you'd often find it comes with it. It's been thrown in as a sweetener. The adoption of it is often the challenge because as part of your MDM project, governance is seen as something beyond the MDM and is often restrictive. So this tool actually, for the first time, when you talk to data governance teams, gives a holistic view of what a data governance team can do with this tool."
"In terms of what could be improved, when you're looking in a BigID file, you cannot really get the whole file. You have to export it to download it to another platform that allows you to completely view it, or run a program. That was one of the things that was really a disappointing point for me. Not to be able to view everything. There's a lot more data, but you can't get it all at once."
"Right now, although they offer some templates, I would want more templates available to be imported."
"In terms of what could be improved, they need to create a rules repository. Business rules for the attributes that you have, keeping them in that central repository, and governance of them is something which Axon is lacking a bit. The Informatica Data Quality tool actually caters to that, so that's probably why they have not built that up in the Axon, but it is definitely something that can be built in to this product, as well."
"Though EDC has maximum coverage, a few things were not available to scan, but I think EDC is evolving to address this issue."
"I would like to see more API integration to have the capability to build a report using other third party reporting tools to streamline the operation."
"The cloud version of Axon is far behind the on-prem, and many of my clients want to go fully to the cloud. However, Axon has to be an on-prem installation. I would like to see their cloud products catch up with their on-prem capabilities."
"The main issue probably has nothing to do with end users, but installation can definitely be simplified."
"Some functionalities can be a challenge in the cloud."
"The solution still is a bit manual in its functionality. We want t to be more automation-driven."
BigID is a leader in data security, privacy, compliance, and governance: enabling organizations to proactively discover, manage, protect, and get more value from their data in a single platform for data visibility and control. Customers use BigID to reduce their data risk, automate security and privacy controls, achieve compliance, and understand their data across their entire data landscape: including multicloud, hybrid cloud, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, and on-prem data sources.
What is Informatica Axon?
Informatica Axon is a data governance (DG) tool. Axon Data Governance is powerfully integrated with Informatica Data Quality and Informatica Enterprise Data Catalog to seamlessly deliver a robust collaborative data governance program to business and IT leaders. Business users can use this solution to easily create all of their key protocols, access all relevant data throughout the enterprise, and can see the quality of that data in real time. Users can characterize and discover data privacy and protection use cases, including compliance with such regulations as the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Basel Committee of Banking Supervision (BSBS 239), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and more.
Informatica Axon Key Features
• Democratize Data Access: Users’ governance teams develop already approved lists of governed data and can make them available to certain groups, teams, or individuals in the Axon Data Marketplace. The end user has a friendly graphic dashboard that will display all grouped data as well as some context concerning the available data. The dashboard will show who owns the data and whether they are able to access the data, and if not, will display the reasons why access will not be granted. If access is approved, users can access it immediately.
• Analyze Data: Users have full transparency concerning the quality of their data and its fitness for the prescribed purpose. The integration of Axon Data Governance with Informatica Data Quality guarantees organizations are using trusted data. Additionally, users can capture cost and revenue to get a clear view of the effectiveness of the data governance program.
• Improve Success: The solution lets users minimize complexities and potential risks across the business enterprise. Organizations can transition to becoming more cost-effective by identifying duplication and eliminating waste, enabling the delivery of more efficient projects with a lower failure rate. Organizations are able to allocate resources elsewhere and achieve higher output and productivity.
Informatica Axon Key Benefits
• Improved Compliance: Users are easily able to report and prove consistent regulatory compliance standard adherence worldwide.
• Trusted Data: Axon Data Governance ensures users a single source of truth throughout the entire organization. Users can be assured that all integral data-driven ventures, such as regulatory compliance, appropriate analytics, and customer experience, are secure and that every result will end with the appropriate desired result.
• Streamline Processes: End users are able to access, find, and use data easily to immediately achieve the desired result without having to wait for hours and sometimes days or weeks for IT to approve access. Users can trust the data is accurate, trusted, and regulatory compliant.
Reviews from Real Users:
A Consulting Associate at a consultancy says, “Axon does one interesting thing that I don't think other tools do as well. It lets you rate data and incorporates Informatica's data quality feature into it. There are little indications and graphics that show you how good the data quality is, and you can drill into it to see where potential issues lie. Users can comment on the data, tag people, and ask questions or rate the data one to five based on their experience, which helps eliminate data silos. You have all your information right there, and it's easier for future users to know which data to draw from.”
A Data Architect at a retailer writes, “Everyone in the organization can view what is actually happening and what they could benefit from it. That's how collaborative data governance comes into the picture with Axon. It has got nice integrated quality dashboards as well.”
BigID is ranked 9th in Data Governance with 1 review while Informatica Axon is ranked 3rd in Data Governance with 8 reviews. BigID is rated 8.0, while Informatica Axon is rated 8.2. The top reviewer of BigID writes "User friendly and feature rich solution". On the other hand, the top reviewer of Informatica Axon writes "Flexible, with good auto-onboarding, but needs better technical support services". BigID is most compared with Collibra Governance, Varonis Data Governance Suite, Microsoft Purview, OneTrust DataGovernance and Alation Data Catalog, whereas Informatica Axon is most compared with Collibra Governance, Microsoft Purview, Alation Data Catalog, erwin Data Intelligence by Quest and SAS Data Management.
See our list of best Data Governance vendors.
We monitor all Data Governance reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. We validate each review for authenticity via cross-reference with LinkedIn, and personal follow-up with the reviewer when necessary.