IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

BMC Remedy Asset Management OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

BMC Remedy Asset Management is #2 ranked solution in top License Management tools and #13 ranked solution in top IT Asset Management tools. PeerSpot users give BMC Remedy Asset Management an average rating of 8 out of 10. BMC Remedy Asset Management is most commonly compared to ServiceNow: BMC Remedy Asset Management vs ServiceNow. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 26% of all views.
What is BMC Remedy Asset Management?

BMC Remedy Asset Management 9 provides complete lifecycle management of your IT assets, from procurement to end-of-life, giving full visibility into ownership, deployment, state, context, and cost of ownership and operation.

Seamless integration with Remedy Service Management aligns ITAM to day-to-day business processes. Integration to the BMC Atrium CMDB enables IT assets to be managed from legacy hardware through to the public cloud and Internet of Things. BMC Remedy Asset Management combines financial, contractual, and IT data to provide complete visibility over your assets.

• Asset costing: Track depreciation over time.
  • Compliance: Software licenses management helps you avoid audit costs.
  • Contract management: Proactively identify contract infringements and purchasing opportunities.
  • Asset tracking: Know where your assets are located, who’s using them, and how many there are.
  • Effective change: Make informed decisions about IT changes.

BMC Remedy Asset Management was previously known as Remedy Asset Management.

Download the IT Asset Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2022

BMC Remedy Asset Management Customers

Scripps Networks

BMC Remedy Asset Management Video

BMC Remedy Asset Management Pricing Advice

What users are saying about BMC Remedy Asset Management pricing:
"The licensing model of BMC Remedy Asset Management should improve. It is expensive and it is difficult to understand."

BMC Remedy Asset Management Reviews

Yousef Bayari - PeerSpot reviewer
ITSM Consultant at Smart IT Service
Great CMDB design, helpful technical support, and great features
  • "It's a scalable product."
  • "If a user isn't using an out-of-the-box configuration, it can get a bit complex."

What is our primary use case?

The main use is for asset management. It's all the network elements and all the IP devices and all the relationships between them integrated with discovery and some other integrations with other tools to feed the CMDB in Remedy.

I work with different clients, however, for the past three, or four years, I'm with a telco company. Before, I worked with a bank as well for their assets. They were actually migrating from what they called HP Asset Manager. And I had a good experience in both at that time. I was helping to migrate into BMC Remedy.

What is most valuable?

The CMDB design of building is great. The way it's got built-in classes and inheritance. You have a base element class with the main, fields, or features, and then you can enter it from one with different types and then add more features. The way it's structured makes it easy to use, maybe not for end-users, yet easy to use for us as developers when we build our CMDB.

It has two different interfaces. There is the CMDB, which is the build of the classes and the characteristics of the classes. Then, the users will deal with the front end, which is called assets. For end-users, it's still okay to use, as they will say "Okay, I need computer systems." You can look at a computer system as an asset, and you can see the relationship between the computer system and other hardware and software. It's still easy to use for end-users, however, building the CMDB classes is more advanced.

It's a scalable product.

The stability is good.

Technical support is excellent.

What needs improvement?

They have a feature called Smart IT, which is like an easy-interfaced use BMC for end users. Maybe if they could add more of the asset features into Smart IT, it would be more helpful to users, in terms of managing assets.

I've used the solution for ten years.

I haven't had any issues with stability. It's good. There are no bugs or glitches. It's reliable.

The solution can scale.

I have had very good experiences with technical support. They're great. I'm satisfied with the level of service I receive.

I can't speak to the exact pricing. It's not an area I'm involved in.

What other advice do I have?

We are just customers and end-users.

I'd advise new users, while implementing, to be careful when they design the assets. You need to understand the existing classes. You shouldn't get excited to create a new one; it's advisable to try to use the out-of-the-box as much as you can.

Overall, I would rate the solution eight out of ten.

Yousef Bayari - PeerSpot reviewer
ITSM Consultant at Smart IT Service
Key beneficial features are the peer sharing module and software asset management
  • "It has a good peer sharing module."
  • "Could be more user friendly for admins to manage."

What is our primary use case?

I currently work for a telco client, and in this particular situation, the solution is mainly used to manage the telco asset, like cell towers and nodes. I'm a contractor and ITSM consultant.

What is most valuable?

The client is mainly trying to use the asset management as a repository more than an asset management tool, and not all the features are currently being used, so it's more like CMDB. When I use it for other clients, I actually like the peer sharing module and receiving assets - those are useful features. I also like their software asset management, that's a great feature.

What needs improvement?

I think the way the Software Asset Management is designed makes it kind of complicated. It could be more user friendly for admins to manage. It would be helpful if someone who didn't have complete knowledge about the back end forms could manage this feature.

I've been using this solution for close to eight years.

The stability is good in this solution.

Scalability of the solution is quite good. There are 20 users for now and most of the assets are created using integration tools. The user only has access to update these assets in the system, in case of any changes and for creating CIUs.

The customer support is great, maybe that's because I'm with a big client. They really are very good.

The setup is straightforward, it's fine, but maintaining the compliance reports and the software library is kind of complicated. One admin would be fine for maintenance, it depends on which area of the asset management tool, but the level of knowledge and skills needs to be a little more advanced.

I believe licensing is quite costly but I don't have the figures.

What other advice do I have?

I would suggest making an effort to utilize all the available features, because asset management is kind of tricky. It has the connections with other applications in your organization, such as finance, but once you have an ITSM Suite and Asset Management, it's all part of the ITSM Suite, so it's better to have it as a central asset management tool, because you need to connect it with other applications, like incidents and changes and knowledge. I would encourage anyone implementing ITSM Suite with Asset Management, not to use it just as CMBD. Try to explore the features and have it as a centralized asset management tool in your organization.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

IT Asset Management
May 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about BMC, ServiceNow, Symphony SUMMIT and others in IT Asset Management. Updated: May 2022.
597,415 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Assistant Vice President at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Leaderboard
An asset management solution with a useful tracking feature, but integration and deployment could be better
  • "It has some good features for tracking. They also have a cloud and a mobile access feature."
  • "Integration and deployment could be better. It could be easier and faster to integrate and deploy. It would also help if we could have a 360-degree view. It would be better if they changed it to a SaaS type of offering, which is becoming the standard."

What is our primary use case?

We're engineering partners for development. We help customers build tools, and we support the BMC program with their development. We also use some customization in Salesforce. I'm not deeply engaged on the functional level of the product.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Integration and deployment could be better. It could be easier and faster to integrate and deploy. It would also help if we could have a 360-degree view. It would be better if they changed it to a SaaS type of offering, which is becoming the standard.

I've been working with BMC Remedy Asset Management for about ten years.

BMC Remedy Asset Management has been there for a while, and it's well-adapted. It's definitely stable and reliable.

BMC Remedy Asset Management is a scalable solution.

Technical support is good. They provide both online and offline support. I keep hearing about their good service and support.

The initial setup has become easier. We can set up and deploy within two weeks, but it would be better if we could do it within a day or even within two minutes.

What other advice do I have?

I would tell potential users that this is a good and reliable solution. It's a solution that has stood the test of time. Not something new that hasn't been used extensively. Many Fortune 500 companies use it, and it's definitely a good solution.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give BMC Remedy Asset Management a seven.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Engineering Partner
Architect at reduno.com
Reseller
Useful dashboard, beneficial CIO reports, and simple setup

What is our primary use case?

I am using BMC Remedy Asset Management for assent and license management.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable BMC Remedy Asset Management are the dashboards and reports for the CIO.

What needs improvement?

BMC Remedy Asset Management could improve by adding intuitive dashboards.

I have been using BMC Remedy Asset Management for a few months.

The stability of BMC Remedy Asset Management is good.

BMC Remedy Asset Management is scalable and easy to do.

I have not contacted support.

The setup of BMC Remedy Asset Management is easy.

We did the implementation and provided the maintenance using approximately five specialists.

The licensing model of BMC Remedy Asset Management should improve. It is expensive and it is difficult to understand.

What other advice do I have?

BMC Remedy Asset Management is a good solution.

I rate BMC Remedy Asset Management an eight out of ten.