Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Sumo Logic Security OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Sumo Logic Security is #5 ranked solution in SOAR tools, #14 ranked solution in Log Management Software, and #14 ranked solution in top Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools. PeerSpot users give Sumo Logic Security an average rating of 9.0 out of 10. Sumo Logic Security is most commonly compared to Splunk: Sumo Logic Security vs Splunk. Sumo Logic Security is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 60% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 24% of all views.

Download the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Sumo Logic Security?
Sumo Logic simplifies how you collect and analyze machine data so that you can gain deep visibility across your full application and infrastructure stack. With the Sumo Logic service, you can accelerate modern application delivery, monitor and troubleshoot in real time and improve your security and compliance posture.
Sumo Logic Security Customers
Ooyala, Webjet, Akamai, Kaiser Permanente, Alaska Airlines, Hotel Tonight, Dollar Shave Club, Interactive Intelligence, Restoration Hardware, RingCentral, WD-40, Zillow, Sage Software, Tunein Radio, Lookout, Infor, Houzz, Estee Lauder, Brightcove, Actelion, Anki, Elance, Voxer, Cytobank, Medicom Health Interactive, Task Rabbit, Zscaler, Thred Up, Netskope, Tobi, Infoblox, Imperva, Okta, Medallia, RelateIQ, Bazaar Voice, Blurb, Guidewire, Apigee, Swipely, Progress Software, Card Spring, Ubiquiti Networks, Pager Duty, McGraw Hill, Acquia, Limelight Networks, Blucora, Scripps Networks Interactive, Orange, Medidata, 3 Share
Sumo Logic Security Video

Sumo Logic Security Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Sumo Logic Security pricing:
"The pricing is good. It's not an issue for us."

Sumo Logic Security Reviews

Director Of Engineering at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Assists with data-driven decisions to reduce the time needed to investigate security and operational issues
  • "Sumo Logic is an easy solution to use. You can set it up very quickly, and it includes a lot of training videos."
  • "Sumo Logic needs to make sure integrating solutions are seamless."

What is our primary use case?

We've got it integrated into all of our production assets and our IT assets, like Okta and all the SaaS stuff that we need to manage our IT environment. It's plugged into pretty much everything.

Primarily, we use it for security alerting. We plug it into Amazon and it lets us know when people log into different accounts, change privileges, log into production, etc. We also have it integrated on the IT side too — we have it integrated into our SSO provider. We want to know if someone logs in too many times or how frequently they try to log in, whether they get locked out or not. It generates alerts. We're starting to roll it out in terms of forensics on our audit logs.

Company-wide, if it is part of our certification process, if we buy a SaaS service, it has to integrate with a SIM — it has to provide audit logs. There are a couple of other criteria that we have: it's got to have a split SSO, it has to have a supported SIM, and it's got to support audit logs. All the read-only audit logs get dumped into Sumo Logic as well, and the security team monitors all of that.

Our DevSecOps team mainly uses this solution.

How has it helped my organization?

Sumo Logic has absolutely improved our organization — 100%.  Sumo Logic is a great tool, it's absolutely necessary. I like Sumo Logic because it always works. It's so easy to use. It's got all the capabilities we need right now.

What is most valuable?

What I like most is the ability to create custom alerts.

They have a really, really rich query language. I don't know the name of the product offering. I'm sure they have a specific name in the solution, but basically being able to pull all that data in, and be able to build queries in a query language and map that to actions; whether that's alerting or triggering events. And that's really where our SecOps team spends most of their time — trying to look at the forensics, look at the information, and map it to some meaningful event. And they just build all these different queries that map to those events or alerts.

I have been using Sumo Logic for a year and a half at my current company, and I've used it previously at another company as well.

Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Sumo Logic, Splunk, LogRhythm and others in Security Information and Event Management (SIEM). Updated: September 2022.
634,590 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Stability-wise, It's great. We never experienced any bugs or glitches.

We have no issues scalability-wise. We've never had any issues with the capacity, even at my previous company, they were able to handle it.

I personally haven't contacted tech support, but I know at my previous company, we found them very responsive — they were solid. Although, there's always room for improvement. Overall, I would give their tech support a rating of nine out of ten.

At my current company, we started with Sumo Logic. That was just because when we started, multiple people had different experiences with different tools and this one came out on top. We also used Splunk for a while.

We started with Splunk — this is back at my previous company in like 2014, 2015 — but they priced themselves out. Plus, Sumo Logic seemed to have a better price-to-functionality ratio.

When Splunk switched their model and went after large enterprises, they left a lot of startups in the lurch. They just left us holding the bag and said, "See ya", and went off and started going after large enterprises.

The initial setup was very straightforward. Setting up all the integrations was trivial.

The pricing is good. It's not an issue for us. I just haven't taken a look at the pricing model in detail. I don't know how that grows, exactly. It's more of a volume thing I think. But right now, it's doing everything we need, and it is not a point of pain in terms of pricing or reliability. There are other solutions that are far worse. So it's doing great. That's all I really could say.

What other advice do I have?

Sumo Logic is an easy solution to use. You can set it up very quickly, and it includes a lot of training videos. It's just an all-around, easy solution to use. I would be shocked if it doesn't meet your needs.

They just need to keep the pricing model right and ensure that the integrations are seamless. Sumo Logic needs to make sure integrating solutions are seamless. As a startup, we're looking to scale our team with tools that are really easy to use, that scale as well — tools like Sumo Logic, where one person can manage a ton. We probably have 20,000 assets in the cloud, and probably 60 assets in corporate IT, and they're all pumping everything to Sumo logic. Then from one place, you can start analyzing just about anything. That's really important to us.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give Sumo Logic a rating of nine. If they added more integration, I would give them a rating of ten.

Download our free Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Sumo Logic, Splunk, LogRhythm, and more!
Updated: September 2022