Sophos Phish Threat OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Sophos Phish Threat is the #3 ranked solution in top Security Awareness Training providers. PeerSpot users give Sophos Phish Threat an average rating of 8.4 out of 10. Sophos Phish Threat is most commonly compared to KnowBe4: Sophos Phish Threat vs KnowBe4. Sophos Phish Threat is popular among the small business segment, accounting for 46% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 26% of all views.
Sophos Phish Threat Buyer's Guide

Download the Sophos Phish Threat Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Sophos Phish Threat?

Sophos Phish Threat emulates a range of phishing attack types to help you identify areas of weakness in your organization’s security posture, and empower users through engaging training to strengthen your organizations defenses.

Sophos Phish Threat was previously known as Phish Threat.

Sophos Phish Threat Video

Sophos Phish Threat Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Sophos Phish Threat pricing:
  • "There is a license required for this solution and the cost depends on the number of users."
  • "Licensing fees are paid annually."
  • "There are monthly and annual subscriptions available to use Sophos Phish Threat. The price is reasonable."
  • Sophos Phish Threat Reviews

Chief Information Security Officer and Founder at a insurance company with 201-500 employees
    Easy to integrate, detailed reports, and high level support
    • "The solution is easy to integrate because it is on the cloud. We have been able to limit users to only accessing the Sophos platform by modifying the firewall and Sophos platform settings. The dashboard gives us detailed reports allowing us to be able to manage better."
    • "The security of the solution could improve."

What is our primary use case?

Sophos Phish Threat product is the solution we integrated into our infrastructure when I became the Chief Information Security Officer. It is a good solution because it is used for sensitizing our staff to the risk linked to information security. Additionally, we measure and confirm the efficiency of staff after awareness campaigns. If they are not fully aware then they have to complete the training again.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to integrate because it is on the cloud. We have been able to limit users to only accessing the Sophos platform by modifying the firewall and Sophos platform settings. The dashboard gives us detailed reports allowing us to be able to manage better.

What needs improvement?

The security of the solution could improve.

I have been using this solution for approximately 2 years.

CybeReady vs. Sophos Phish Threat
    November 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about CybeReady vs. Sophos Phish Threat and other solutions. Updated: November 2022.
    653,757 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is stable. However, they could improve by making it more stable.

Sophos Phish Threat is scalable.

We have approximately 260 users using this solution.

The support for Sophos is very good. They are known for provided high-level support. Sophos acquired Cyberoam and other solutions which included their staff. I have experience with the Cyberoam technical team and they are quick to respond and now Sophos is benefiting from this support.

The installation is easy and it took us three weeks. We integrated the solution into our infrastructure to share our Active Directory with the platform. We enroll users to have the add-on on their Outlook mailing clients.

We use two technical consultants to do the implementation and maintenance of Sophos Phish Threat.

There is a license required for this solution and the cost depends on the number of users.

What other advice do I have?

This solution has helps us to confirm the efficiency of the awareness of employees. This is achieved by launching the phishing simulation just after the awareness campaign.

I rate Sophos Phish Threat a nine out of ten.

Faisal Mian - PeerSpot reviewer
    CTO at ABM Info. tech
    Stable with good security and a straightforward setup process

What is our primary use case?

The solution is mostly used in the banking sector when they want to have penetration testing. They use this tool to check if they are compliant with the policies and procedures of the financial institute. That use case was one I was told to be engaged with and aware I am of that.

How has it helped my organization?

My client found that it improved their organization, which was a financial organization.

What is most valuable?

The stability is good.

I have found the implementation process to be simple and straightforward.

The security they have on offer has been great.

What needs improvement?

The security could be simplified within the product.

I've used the solution for about two years now. It's been a while.

The solution is stable and the performance is good. It doesn't crash or freeze. There are no bugs or glitches.

I cannot comment on the scalability of the product.

We only have a few people involved directly with the product who can set it up and let it run.

I haven't had any issues with users and therefore have not needed any backend support. Since I haven't engaged with them, I cannot rate their services or speak to how helpful or responsive they are.

The initial setup is pretty simple. It's straightforward and not overly complex or difficult. An organization should have no issues with the process.

You just need one person on staff to position the product and then one engineer who certifies only the technology to deploy. It doesn't require a lot of people to be involved.

You do need to pay for a license in order to use the product.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

I'd recommend the product as it is very helpful for security and protection services for organizations.

KnowBe4 vs. Sophos Phish Threat
    November 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about KnowBe4 vs. Sophos Phish Threat and other solutions. Updated: November 2022.
    653,757 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Pre-sales manager at National Information Technology Company
    Cloud-based, secure filtering, is easy to install, and has good technical support
    • "It is easy to use."
    • "It would be great if the price was reduced."

What is our primary use case?

Sophos Phish Threat is primarily used for email. It is used for filtering and securing your email.

What is most valuable?

Sophos Phish Threat is great. It is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

It would be great if the price was reduced.

We have been selling Sophos Phish Threat for two years. It is not something that we deal with every day.

It's a cloud-based solution. The agent is on-premise, but the solution itself is on the cloud.

The number of customers we have is very minimal, we have approximately two to three customers.

Technical support is good.

We analyze the products we sell every six months, and when we notice that one is failing, we investigate why. Once we know why, we can determine whether to keep it, improve it, or abandon it.

Since there have been more sales with Sophos, we stopped selling Kaspersky.

The initial setup is straightforward.

Five users can be set up in 10 to 15 minutes.

One engineer can easily maintain this solution.

Licensing fees are paid annually.

Recently, Sophos introduced monthly payments but most people go with them annually.

You can have certain issues with monthly payments but annually is if you are in production. They deploy it.

What other advice do I have?

Sophos has such a broad portfolio that explaining it would take hours. We sell all Sophos products.

Most customers will have Office 365 which has its own solutions. Sophos Phish Threat will benefit people who are not yet on the cloud or using Google, but it can work for them.

It is not a fast-selling product. The demand will be only for people who are opening their new companies or moving and migrating their email.

I would definitely recommend this solution.

I would rate Sophos Phish Threat a nine out of ten.

Amir Kasem - PeerSpot reviewer
    Technical manager at Andalusia Hai Aljamea Hospital
    Reseller
    Quick to deploy and easy to set up but could be more secure

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used to help users be aware of threats. We can train users to help them understand how to work with the security features, security threats, and security attacks. It is like a training center.

What is most valuable?

The scalability is very good.

The initial setup is very easy. The deployment is very fast.

What needs improvement?

The solution could be much more secure.

I've been using the solution for five years. We've used it for a while at this point at our company. We've worked with a number of Sophos products for five years.

The solution is like a training center. There isn't really a way to measure stability in that sense.

The solution is very scalable. You add more people or employees, et cetera.

We did not ask for support for this solution. I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they would be. I do not use the service for this solution.

The initial setup is very straightforward and simple. It's not overly complex or difficult.

It takes, at a maximum, one hour, to deploy everything.

There are some fees that a company will need to pay. It's a yearly subscription as well.

What other advice do I have?

As we are using the cloud deployment model, it is always the latest version. It's constantly updated for us by Sophos.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten. It's a pretty good solution.

I'd recommend the solution to other users and companies.

Terry Cheung - PeerSpot reviewer
    Managing Director at TopSOC
    Reliable, good support, and priced well

What is our primary use case?

Sophos Phish Threat is a phishing simulation email platform.

What needs improvement?

Sophos Phish Threat can improve by adding other languages, such as Mandarin or Cantonese to their online trainer video center, it would be helpful.

I have been using Sophos Phish Threat for approximately two years.

Sophos Phish Threat is stable.

The scalability is very good. You can use it for many users.

We have five people using this solution.

The support from Sophos is good.

The installation is straightforward. You only need to upload the user's email address to the cloud and you can start using it.

We have one person that handles the support of Sophos Phish Threat.

There are monthly and annual subscriptions available to use Sophos Phish Threat. The price is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Sophos Phish Threat an eight out of ten.

Saurabh Bhansali - PeerSpot reviewer
    Head of IT at Venus Jewel
    Secure, beneficial web filtering, and helpful support

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of Sophos Phish Threat are internal web filtering and security.

What needs improvement?

Sophos Phish Threat can improve load balancing.

I have been using Sophos Phish Threat for approximately five years.

Sophos Phish Threat is a stable solution.

It is possible to scale Sophos Phish Threat.

The support from Sophos Phish Threat is very good.

I rate the support a five out of five.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The initial setup of Sophos Phish Threat was straightforward.

I rate the initial setup of Sophos Phish Threat a four out of five.

What other advice do I have?

I would highly recommend this solution to others if they're looking for connectivity in one solution. Their wireless, web filtering, and endpoint solution are all packaged into one.

I rate Sophos Phish Threat an eight out of ten.