We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Seceon Open Threat Management Platform OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Seceon Open Threat Management Platform is #20 ranked solution in top Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools. PeerSpot users give Seceon Open Threat Management Platform an average rating of 10 out of 10. Seceon Open Threat Management Platform is most commonly compared to Splunk: Seceon Open Threat Management Platform vs Splunk. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 31% of all views.
What is Seceon Open Threat Management Platform?

Seceon Open Threat Management Platform enables organizations to see cyber threats quickly and clearly, and to stop them as they happen, preventing the infliction of extensive corporate damage. The platform was built to use elastic compute power to develop the industry’s first and only fully automated threat detection and remediation system. It detects all forms of threats as they happen, and automatically stops them in minutes. Anticipating attackers’ behavior choices, Seceon’s environment-agnostic solution identifies both known and unknown threats in real-time, preventing risk, damage or loss of valuable information. Seceon can save companies tens of millions spent annually addressing data loss while dramatically reducing the number of cybersecurity tools required.

Seceon Open Threat Management Platform was previously known as Seceon OTM, Seceon aiSIEM, aiSIEM, Seceon Open Threat Management.

Download the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Seceon Open Threat Management Platform Customers

Caduceus, SUNY

Seceon Open Threat Management Platform Video

Seceon Open Threat Management Platform Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Seceon Open Threat Management Platform pricing:
"It has a per-asset model instead of an ingestion-based model, which gives predictable pricing. In terms of price, it is in the middle to lower range of SIEMs that it competes against. It is the most affordable solution that we have implemented so far. It was much more affordable than anything else I've implemented."

Seceon Open Threat Management Platform Reviews

Luis Guembes
Information Technology Consultant at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
Very fast, easy to set up, and makes rule creation simple
  • "The solution is stable."
  • "It would be ideal with the processing was more manageable. Not many customers are willing to have a dedicated server with two CPUs and one TB of memory. The cost of this is huge for a smaller organization."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used in a business server on-premises.

At the workplace, this solution collects security events and security incidents, information, from around 300 critical customer nodes. It covers everything from firewalls, servers, key management stations, IoT gateways, and more.

What is most valuable?

The capacity to identify the behavior of attacks and to generate rules in an actionable format is the solution's most valuable aspect. The solution generates rules that can go directly to the devices. YOu can set up a behavioral alarm and can generate rules to monitor specific ports, network segments, network servers, server isolation, and so on. It can actually write rules that can be used immediately by the security devices that are connected to it. It doesn't allow for the threats to touch the devices they are attacking.

The solution is very fast.

It's easy to set up the solution.

The solution is stable.

What needs improvement?

In terms of missing features, it's too soon to say as I've only had two weeks with it. That said, one of the things that caught my attention is that a number of processes seem to take up CPUs. It's a huge amount of computational power. It's justified, of course, however, this puts the solution at a level that's too high for a small enterprise to handle.

We've been using the solution for two weeks.

The solution is stable. We have two monitors for the physical-based server, and one for the virtual servers. We have no issues at all transferring the application.

We have only begun working with the solution for two weeks. We have not attempted to scale it.

We're using about nine to ten percent of the capacity. The number of security events and information coming in, however, was very fast. We've had to expand the storage to double in less than a month. After the first hour or so of collecting security information, you can already have a dashboard. It's already collected that amount of information.

We haven't tested their level of response to issues yet as we have just started using the product. However, we have had direct contact with them to run a test case. It seems that the solution itself then doesn't have any potential issues. The issues are coming from our side. The solution needs to be compatible with standard systems and some systems that are not standard. However, there is also a development area in Seceon, and they can allow for connection via an API to support legacy or nonstandard systems. In any case, we haven't had issues directly related to problems with the solution just yet.

The product is very easy to set up. It's not overly complex or difficult. It's quite straightforward.

There is no need for a very sophisticated professional to do this. I mean, a technician can do this. There's no mystery about it.

The deployment is quick. When deployed to virtual machines, we spend half a day. If it's just for an application, it takes two hours.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer and an end-user. We're also distributing the product.

We're looking to move to a cloud solution within a couple of months.

If we compare the solution with other SIEM solutions that are also turning to artificial intelligence, this will be the number one choice. It's very good.

I'd advise new users to be mindful of the calculations, planning, and sizing. You have to be careful about the selection of virtual machines and capacity. The sizing on the architectures is the most important issue to take a look at and to be careful of before beginning to use this solution.

I'd rate the solution at a ten out of ten. That said, this is not a very simple solution. We need to be mindful of the selection of the right customer, the right size, the right financial capacity. This is not a solution for everyone.

Co-Founder and CTO at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
A sophisticated, comprehensive, and affordable solution that has 100% stability and lots of integrations
  • "The main thing is the value proposition. It is one of the most sophisticated yet affordable solutions that I've come across. It is also one of the easiest-to-manage yet comprehensive solutions for a SOC analyst. Its customizations are really good, and it has a lot of integrations. It is multi-tenant and very fast to onboard. Its stability is 100%. We've never had an outage with it. It doesn't require extensive hardware resources. Its level of support is also very good. They have a very responsive technical team."
  • "It is a standalone solution now. They need to make it into a cloud-based subscription model. It needs more compatibility for co-managed solutions. It can also have more threats and deeper integration with Microsoft."

What is our primary use case?

We're an MSSP, and we provide a security operations center as a service. We've been doing that for 20 years. We have recently embarked on, for the first time, co-managed SIEM solutions. We have customers who are interested in owning a SIEM but having us to manage it. We're always looking for products that are beneficial for different classifications of customers. We recommend these products to customers based on their requirements. We work with several SIEM developers, where when they sell a solution to another MSP or an end customer, they recommend us for 24/7 management.

We implemented this solution into our data centers and onboarded customers on behalf of the MSP partners. We operated a 24/7 security operation center that managed it and responded to alerts, etc. That's actually one of the best values on the market when it comes to a SIEM.

What is most valuable?

Its customizations are really good, and it has a lot of integrations. It is multi-tenant and very fast to onboard. Its stability is 100%. We've never had an outage with it. It doesn't require extensive hardware resources.

What needs improvement?

It needs more compatibility for co-managed solutions. It can also have more threats and deeper integration with Microsoft.

I have been using this solution for about two years. I have worked for them as a consultant for some time, and I have also worked for a company where I purchased it or made the purchasing decision and implemented it.

I have used its multiple versions. I have used their first iteration all the way up to the version about three months ago.

Its stability is 100%. We've never had an outage with it. Some of the customers had outages sometimes, but these outages weren't because of this solution. They were fast to build integrations.

Its stability has been really good. It didn't require extensive hardware resources. It was more efficient in terms of resource usage than some of the other SIEMs that I've implemented.

Their technical support was excellent. We didn't have to engage them very often. They had their own development team, and they were very fast at the turnaround for things like integration. If we ran into a problem, they were fast.

They also provided the most extensive training than any of the other SIEMs that I've implemented.

The initial setup was very straightforward. It uses industry-standard tools.

It has a per-asset model instead of an ingestion-based model, which gives predictable pricing. In terms of price, it is in the middle to lower range of SIEMs that it competes against.

It is the most affordable solution that we have implemented so far. It was much more affordable than anything else I've implemented.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Seceon Open Threat Management Platform a nine of ten.