IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure is #20 ranked solution in HCI Software. PeerSpot users give Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure an average rating of 8 out of 10. Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure is most commonly compared to VMware vSAN: Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure vs VMware vSAN. Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 64% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 32% of all views.

Download the Hyper-Converged (HCI) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure?

Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure - based on our leading OpenStack and virtualization platforms - provides co-located, scalable, software-defined compute and storage, driven by Red Hat Ansible Automation on economical, industry-standard hardware.

Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure was previously known as Red Hat HCI, Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure for Virtualization.

Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure Video

Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure pricing:
  • "It is quite pricey."
  • "Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure is an open-sourced, low-cost solution with full features."
  • Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure Reviews

PaulSorelli - PeerSpot reviewer
    IBM Data & IA Technology Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
    Consolidated management and good documentation but very complex and difficult to operate
    • "The consolidation of the management in one control point is the most valuable. The whole infrastructure management is consolidated in just one console point. The documentation is also pretty good."
    • "It is not user-friendly, and it is very difficult to operate. You have to have a deep understanding of the technical details of the infrastructure to implement it. When you compare it with VMware, it is totally different because the graphical user interface is not that easy to understand. It is not intuitive. To use it, you have to read a lot of documentation and even understand what is going on behind the solution. It is not for someone who has a little bit of knowledge. Currently, it is too complex. I need something that is easy to implement. It should have a basic configuration as well as a complex configuration."

What is our primary use case?

It was implemented in a solution center for our land environments. We had three x86 servers interconnected with 10 gigabytes network.

What is most valuable?

The consolidation of the management in one control point is the most valuable. The whole infrastructure management is consolidated in just one console point. The documentation is also pretty good.

What needs improvement?

I have recently started to use it.
    June 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Red Hat, VMware, Sangfor and others in Hyper-Converged (HCI). Updated: June 2022.
    608,713 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I cannot say about its stability because I only have experience in installing it.

Scalability should be good. You can increment the components for your installation. I don't have that much experience, but it seems to be good. My clients are small, medium, and large businesses.

I didn't use their technical support.

It was complex. In general, it took me two months but not just because of Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure. I also had some other issues.

What other advice do I have?

Currently, we are using just three machines at our site, and I don't know if my company is using it at other sites or planning to increase its usage. It seems very complex to manage the infrastructure. I would rate Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure a seven out of ten because of the implementation and integration issues.

Product Manager at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
    Reseller
    Stable, scalable, and good support but needs better pricing and ease of use
    • "It is stable and scalable."
    • "The main issue is the initial investment. It is an expensive product, and it should be cheaper. It should also be easier to use and manage. The professional service for this solution is quite complex and expensive."

What is our primary use case?

It has storage and Hypervisor from Red Hat. It is used for computing and the virtualization workload for databases and other things.

What is most valuable?

It is stable and scalable.

What needs improvement?

The main issue is the initial investment. It is an expensive product, and it should be cheaper.

It should also be easier to use and manage. The professional service for this solution is quite complex and expensive.

I have been using this solution for more than two years.

It has good stability.

It is scalable.

Their technical support is amazing in general.

It isn't complex.

It is quite pricey.

What other advice do I have?

I would not recommend this solution. There are a couple of other solutions that are easy to manage and install, and they are also not expensive. We plan to keep selling this solution, but we are not 100% sure.

I would rate Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure a four out of ten.

June 2022
    608,713 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Team Leader Presales at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
    Scalable, and has good support, but it could be more user-friendly

What is our primary use case?

Depending on the requirements of the consumers, Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure can be used for any application that can be deployed.

We have our own product deployed on this infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

I like the support and the updates.

I like that you can add other types of services.

What needs improvement?

It should be more user-friendly, in my opinion.

We have been using Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure for three years.

Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure is a scalable product.

Red Hat provides technical support directly.

The installation is straightforward.

It is deployed by two teams.

It is a subscription-based service. Red Hat charges you a subscription fee.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution depending on the use case.

I would rate Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure a seven out of ten.

Senior Product Manager at a tech vendor with 1,001-5,000 employees
    An open-source tool that encompasses the whole spectrum of vertical solutions

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for verticals like banking, robo, oil and gas, retail — It could be pretty much anything. It encompasses the whole gamut of vertical solutions.

What needs improvement?

The cloud deployment could be improved. I also don't believe there is VDS support either.

I have been using this solution for around six to eight months.

Both the scalability and stability of this solution are excellent.

Red Hat's customer support is excellent.

The initial setup was fairly straightforward; it's not super complicated.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of ten.

Download our free Hyper-Converged (HCI) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Red Hat, VMware, Sangfor, and more!
    Updated: June 2022