Pillir OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Pillir is the #13 ranked solution in top Low-Code Development Platforms and #15 ranked solution in top Rapid Application Development Software. PeerSpot users give Pillir an average rating of 10.0 out of 10. Pillir is most commonly compared to Microsoft Power Apps: Pillir vs Microsoft Power Apps. Pillir is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 74% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 25% of all views.

Download the Rapid Application Development Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Pillir?

Pillir is the developer of a low-code/no-code, cloud-native platform that enables organizations to develop mission-critical apps 20 times faster than traditional methods, leveraging the power of SAP’s digital core from any device, with or without connectivity. Pillir’s platform automatically converts legacy custom business processes to modern cloud-native applications, available on the web and via any mobile device. It enables organizations at any stage of their SAP journey to accelerate their digital transformation, enabling innovation at the edge while maintaining a clean SAP digital core.

Pillir was previously known as appsFreedom.

Pillir Customers

Dole packaed food, Par Pacific, Brown Forman (Jack Daniels and other brands), Mobile Mini, Nabors

Pillir Video

Pillir Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Pillir pricing:
"It is straightforward consumption based on the number of end-users."

Pillir Reviews

principl247992 - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior SAP Systems Architect at a tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Intuitive and easy to use with almost no coding
  • "I love how they took the MIT Scratch concept and implemented it into the in-app backend. It makes the app creation so much more intuitive and easy to use."
  • "While we're not in a place of letting LOB analysts build apps, at some point, we may want to give them a bit more freedom - as long as we can limit their ability to harm the ERP data. I would like to see more tools pertaining to this area."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution to both build new business processes applications as well to convert our ABAP applications that running on our SAP ECC, as preparation to our migration to S/4HANA.

Specifically, the first application that we've used, Pillir, was intended to modernize part of our warehouse management applications. Specifically inventory movement. We had a solution implemented using custom code in ABAP and it was created a few years ago and was updated over the years. However, the problem was that it had to run on specific workstations and it couldn't run on mobile devices - which was delaying inventory updates and creating inefficiencies in the process

How has it helped my organization?

First, before we even started modernizing, Pillir's ABAP analysis dashboard provided us visibility to the number of custom objects running in our SAP landscape. I'm ashamed to say that we didn't realize it was that big. We then identified several of the ones that are now in queue to be modernized.

Using Pillir's platform, the EdgeReady Cloud, we've automatically converted the inventory movement to relevant objects from ABAP to a low-code solution. Together, with the Pillir team (being the first app we created) we made some adjustments in the process - where it could be used with different mobile devices (for example, being OS independent). The new app deployment and adoption by the team was very quick and easy. The end-users love it and it has improved the team efficiency, the management, and operation visibility to the inventory. The users who can now use their mobile devices to easily scan items and update information are now satisfied. They don't need to take notes and walk to the workstation.

What is most valuable?

The ability to analyze the business logic built over the years in ABAP and then convert it was pretty amazing. This is the first time I saw a solution that offers something like that. While obviously, it can't convert 100% of the logic (we had over 30,000 lines of code in this process alone), it did pretty well. Afterward, my team had to go in and complete the rest - using drag and drop - almost with no use of code.

I love how they took the MIT Scratch concept and implemented it into the in-app backend. It makes the app creation so much more intuitive and easy to use.

What needs improvement?

I'm really impressed so far with the platform and its capabilities. My team enjoyed their training platform - online on-demand classes that provided you with the hands-on experience of creating an application (including the pre-built integrations, front-end, back-end, and everything related to it).

Rapid Application Development Software
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Pillir, Microsoft, Mendix and others in Rapid Application Development Software. Updated: November 2022.
655,994 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We've been using the product for the last 9 months.

The solution is very stable.

It is running on one of the largest hyper scalers and natively built on the cloud to scale, so I expect it to easily scale to the volumes we need it to scale to in the future.

Technical support is excellent, very responsive, and friendly.

We used and are still using some of the business SAP's traditional solutions ABAP and Fiori. Over time, I expect us to migrate all of our important custom code to Pillir.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We worked with the Pillir team to create the first app. This time, it was used to train my team on the use of the platform. The team was very knowledgeable and you could see they are SAP and application development experts.

Since you only pay for active users, and since it gives you an immediate improvement in efficiencies, the ROI is very quick. I believe it is after about 4 months.

I like how simple and straightforward their pricing is. You don't pay for the platform, training, or any hidden fees. You only pay for monthly active users by the number of apps you have - and only once the apps are in production.

I've looked at several options, but none have had the level of built-in integration with SAP that we needed and none had ABAP conversion abilities.

What other advice do I have?

Their delivery and support teams are great. A good product is important, but getting great support and proper onboarding is so important and sometimes overlooked. That's not true in this case.

Application Developer Manager at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
Helpful dashboard, supports offline capabilities for SAP, professional support, and a simple pricing model
  • "I believe that this is the only product in the market that truly supports offline capabilities in an SAP environment."
  • "The modernizer element should convert a higher percentage of the ABAP code, moving it from approximately 75%, closer to 100%."

What is our primary use case?

We use PIllir's EdgeRead Cloud to create new applications, as well as to modernize our SAP customization and make them into mobile-friendly apps. Our environment is a very complex SAP, integrated with several other systems.

As part of our S/4HANA migration plans, we evaluated our existing customizations that were created to support the business and we were debating the best way to migrate them. Using PIllir's solution, we've basically converted some of the more heavily used business processes, and we're in the process of implementing the rest of them.

In addition, deploying the SAP enhancement pack was very slow because of the need to test all of the custom code. Using Pillir, we now can easily deploy SAP security patch without having to go and re-test all custom objects

How has it helped my organization?

So far, we've used Pillir in a few processes. One of them is Payroll, where especially in our remote locations, some of the processes were done manually and this has saved us about 95% of the costs.

Another was in our inventory and receiving goods process, where it allowed us to upgrade the process while running it on Zebra and tablets.

We are now evaluating several processes to be modernized using Pillir.

Pillir gave us a dashboard that maps all of the processes and objects and allows us to see which ones cost us the most in terms of technical debt. This is our area of focus.

What is most valuable?

I believe that this is the only product in the market that truly supports offline capabilities in an SAP environment. We have people going through all of their shifts without connectivity, yet it automatically later synchronizes well with SAP, without creating extra documents or anything like that.

The ability to take ABAP code and automatically convert it to a mobile app and then adjust it to our needs is something that I haven't seen in any other low-code solution on the market, and it has been life-changing for us.

I love how easy it is to manage the design of the process using drag and drop. I know they are working to make the developer experience even better, and I'm very excited about it.

The modernizer element that converts existing ABAP business logic to the cloud-native mobile-friendly solution is a very powerful tool that I haven't seen in the market.

What needs improvement?

The modernizer element should convert a higher percentage of the ABAP code, moving it from approximately 75%, closer to 100%.

We have been using Pillir for approximately eight months.

This is a very stable product.

This solution is highly scalable.

Love them, very professional and prompt.

Previously, we just had ABAP custom development solutions.

The initial setup is straightforward.

I've worked directly with Pillir's team.

With just the first process, we probably returned the investment in about two months!

I love how simple their pricing model is. It is straightforward consumption based on the number of end-users. There are no hidden costs for infrastructure, as I've seen in some of the other solutions.

We evaluated Mendix before choosing this product.

Hybrid Cloud
Download our free Rapid Application Development Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about Pillir, Microsoft, Mendix, and more!
Updated: November 2022