Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Oracle CX Sales OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle CX Sales is #3 ranked solution in top Opportunity Management tools, #4 ranked solution in top Sales Force Automation tools, and #8 ranked solution in top CRM tools. PeerSpot users give Oracle CX Sales an average rating of 7.2 out of 10. Oracle CX Sales is most commonly compared to Oracle Service Cloud: Oracle CX Sales vs Oracle Service Cloud. Oracle CX Sales is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 60% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 31% of all views.

Download the CRM Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Oracle CX Sales?

Oracle Sales Cloud is a sales enablement, sales intelligence, and sales performance management hybrid platform. It combines sales automation and intelligence, SPM (including compensation plans), partner relationship management, and sales collaboration tools. Features include: lead and opportunity management, prospecting, customer data enrichment, territory and quota balancing, goal alignment, compensation plan modeling, account management, partner selling programs, social collaboration, and sales education/knowledge management.

The key elements of Oracle Sales Cloud's SFA solution are vast. They include: • Core foundational sales force automation tools such as account, opportunity and lead management and productivity tools • A comprehensive partner relationship management offering to manage channel sales and partner management • Extensive sales performance management encompassing the science of managing  territories, quota management and sales incentive compensation • Advanced analytics consisting of pre-built analytic reports, data visualization and  adaptive intelligence • A customer data management system to ensure clean, consolidated and complete  customer information.  With rich functional capabilities and a comprehensive feature set, Oracles Sales Cloud provides a more modern approach to sales execution.

Oracle CX Sales was previously known as Oracle Sales Cloud.

Oracle CX Sales Customers

Batesville, PROMATIS software GmbH, Grupo Arcor, Australian Finance Group Ltd., King Lai Hygienic Materials Co. Ltd., Nico International, Bausch & Lomb India Pvt. Ltd., Acorn Paper Products Company, Beijing East United Grid Technology Co. Ltd., Namu Tech Co. Ltd.

Oracle CX Sales Video

Oracle CX Sales Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Oracle CX Sales pricing:
  • "It's more costly, and I would give it a two on a scale from one to five with one being expensive and five being competitive pricing."
  • "The price is reasonable."
  • Oracle CX Sales Reviews

Amin Amin - PeerSpot reviewer
    CRM Section Head at Ghabbour Auto
    Scalable and useful Eloqua module
    • "the Oracle CX Sales Eloqua module is very useful."
    • "We have had some issues with integration between our old database and the Oracle CX Sales Cloud, but it has been working well for the time being."

What is our primary use case?

We have worked to customize the Oracle CX Sales application according to the job nature. We went through the CRBs, many discussions, and PRDs. We went through the CRBs in order to customize the application according to our internal process, which is related to many factors, such as inventory, stock, and delivery, as well as to correlate the customer life cycle for the online interactions.

One of the modules associated with Oracle CX Sales is Eloqua, which is mainly responsible to manage online activities. You can build an online campaign through Eloqua so you can track any paid campaigns and manage the leads that come from these campaigns. To calculate the year-end ROI for the online campaigns across all the social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and our own websites can be correlated to the Eloqua module.

The main purpose of Oracle CX Sales is to calculate the ROI, you know very well, that paying investments, or repaying investments in the time being during the worldwide economical situation has been tough. The market is difficult and you have to utilize your expenses very well. If you have a clear understanding of what is the best ROI per campaign, you are going to invest in the right place and avoid spending with zero or low ROI.

What is most valuable?

the Oracle CX Sales Eloqua module is very useful.

What needs improvement?

We have had some issues with integration between our old database and the Oracle CX Sales Cloud, but it has been working well for the time being.

Oracle CX Sales could add more features in the future.

I have been using Oracle CX sales for approximately one year.

CRM
    September 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Microsoft, Salesforce and others in CRM. Updated: September 2022.
    632,779 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The stability of Oracle CX Sales could improve.

The scalability of Oracle CX Sales is very good for the time being. However, we're expecting more from the integration of other modules. We are going to establish the after-sales module, approximately 30 days from now, and we should integrate it with our database and with the sales database. In order to receive the move from the sales transaction to the after-sales transaction, they should be all created under the customer account. There will be ups and downs at the beginning, but then it'll be very stable later.

The initial setup of Oracle CX Sales is very complex.

We needed a lot of time, it took us approximately a year and a half to write only the documentation, it's a cross-functional department work. To find out this document is very tough, to finalize and make sure that all parties are all aligned, have the same targets, and objectives.

What other advice do I have?

It is important to understand what all the customers like, as well the customer interaction. This will help convert the customer from a lead to an opportunity. For existing customers, knowing how to convince them with after-sale solutions, and after-sale the programs. Creating loyalty programs that will lead to benefits for your customer's database is very important.

My advice to others is they have to be very well prepared for what they need. They have to have an objective for what they should achieve, at least within the next five years, in terms of the setup. In terms of application capabilities, they should be there, it all should be planned. If you don't plan your application or your targets at the beginning of what you need for your company strategy in terms of customer relationship management there could be some difficulties. You have to convert it all to application requirements and the investment in the time to write a detailed document and approved it across all the business units that have customer interactions.

This is required and is very important to have all business units engaged in this, with their insights, and to give their approval by the end of this document. This will allow easier conversion to technical requirements and to implement it in different phases. It's not mandatory to make it all in one time, you can divide it into four or three phases. Customers might find it best to start with one module and then integrate it with another module as they go, they do not need to build it up all in a month.

I rate Oracle CX Sales an eight out of ten.

CRM /CX Business Analyst, Solutions Consultant & PM
    Straightforward to set up and reliable but needs more enhancements related to the account portfolio
    • "It covers sales very well."
    • "You can get disconnected if you do not have a strong, reliable internet connection."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for e-business and business requirements from the customer go to test, deploy, and customize. It's flexible. They give you more capabilities as a functional consultant who uses this customization. So you get it all. If there is some past customization we wanted from the past consultant, we could get the developer to deploy it, also. We come with the final product and present it to the customer with forecasting and for training or any gap analysis necessary. The client would then finalize what they required.

What is most valuable?

It covers sales very well. It covers 90% of the customer's needs.

They offer SMS and they already are now integrating social media with, it with marketing. It offers good WhatsApp and SMS integration.

It's pretty straightforward to set up.

The solution is stable and reliable.

What needs improvement?

The solution can scale, however, it is an area that is improving and needs improving.

We'd like more enhancements related to the account portfolio, something called the account plan. More integrations would be ideal. They need to include non-revenue items in the sales goals in the quarterly plans.

It's very difficult to find a consultant already scalable enough for all these languages. Even though we have a lot of technical guys, technical and very clever technical guys or consultants all over the world, we don't have someone who has all these languages at the same time for Oracle.

I've been using the solution for the last six years.

The solution is stable, depending on your connection. Even for e-business, you must have an intranet network speed to ensure your access to the server. If you don't have an internet connection, it's not that good. You will continuously get disconnected from the server.

In terms of scalability, it already covers a lot now in the different three areas of CX or CRM, marketing and sales and service. In marketing and sales, it already covers more than e-business. That said, the service is still improving.

Technical support is standard. It's the same support you can expect from Oracle e-business. It's fine in general.

However, when they say there are enhancements or future updates, it means that it will be in the very near future. They have about four release updates each year. Depending on when the enhancement is requested, it will happen quickly, however, if the enhancement comes far away from the release date, you have to wait for the release date to arrive before you can receive any enhancement.

The initial setup is easy. It's 80% straightforward with maybe 20% complexity involved in certain areas.

It takes less time to set up than e-business. If e-business takes four months, this may take two and a half or something around there.

I don't handle the licensing and can't speak to the costs.

What other advice do I have?

While we're using version 21, we're moving towards version 22.

I'd rate the solution five out of ten. We do find the amount of languages a distraction.

CRM
    September 2022
    632,779 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Ravi_S - PeerSpot reviewer
    Head - Financial Reporting and Taxation at Sify Technologies
    Responsive support and reliable, but should have a mobile app and better UI/UX
    • "It is stable and scalable, and their support has been very responsive."
    • "They should have a mobile app because the sales folks travel a lot. Rather than logging into an application on the desktop, a mobile application update should be easier for them."

What is our primary use case?

We use it to track our opportunities. We use it for sales calls, customer meetings, and proposals by the sales team. We also use CPQ.

It is on a private cloud, and its version should be the latest one.

What is most valuable?

In terms of features, it is pretty much like other cloud solutions for sales force management, and it has definitely improved the way our organization functions. It is stable and scalable, and their support has been very responsive.

What needs improvement?

The user experience of Oracle CX Sales is not as good as Salesforce. The UI/UX is definitely not at that level.

I have been using this solution for more than six years.

It is very good. We have not had significant issues. It has always been fine.

It is scalable. We don't find any issue. It is being used by the entire sales team. We have close to 600 people using it.

We are using it completely. I don't see any additional areas where we could use it more. We are using it completely to manage our sales team.

They're responsive. They're very good at responding. I would rate them a five out of five.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We didn't have any similar solution. This was the first solution that we got.

It was complex because we have distributed or decentralized companies and a central sales team. One salesperson works for multiple companies. So, there was a lot of work that we had to do. It took close to six months for us. I would rate it a four out of five in terms of the setup.

We hired a consultant for its implementation. We have around six people to maintain it. It is managed in-house. We got our team trained on it.

What other advice do I have?

It is a typical sales force management software. I don't find anything significant in this.

I would rate it a seven out of ten.

Private Cloud

Other
    Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: implementers
    Manoj Kulkani - PeerSpot reviewer
    Sales Head - ICT Sector at a security firm with 10,001+ employees
    Can look at all projects under one account and is more process oriented
    • "Account management is a very good feature. It is conceptualized very well, and we can look at all the projects under one account. The data for those accounts remain there throughout."
    • "It gives multiple entries for the same data because if you enter it once, it has to populate all other fields that are relevant."

What is our primary use case?

Our order processing and the entire sales process is on Oracle Sales Cloud. For example, the data for getting inquiries, giving quotations, and getting orders are entered into Sales Cloud.

What is most valuable?

Account management is a very good feature. It is conceptualized very well, and we can look at all the projects under one account. The data for those accounts remain there throughout.

What needs improvement?

It gives multiple entries for the same data because if you enter it once, it has to populate all other fields that are relevant.

I've been using it for almost two years.

It is stable.

It's quite scalable. You can always buy more space and scale it accordingly.

We have more than 10,000 users globally.

We used CBL CRM.
    Oracle CX Sales is more process oriented than CBL CRM. You will not get access to anything that is not required for your roles. The process is totally automated in Oracle. Whereas in CBL, everything was available to everybody, including sensitive information.

The initial setup was a little bit complex because we were using CBL CRM and then migrating from CBL CRM to Oracle. So, it was complex for our skillset, and I would give it a three out of five.

We used a third party integrator for deployment.

It's more costly, and I would give it a two on a scale from one to five with one being expensive and five being competitive pricing.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Oracle CX Sales at eight on a scale from one to ten.

Account Manager at a computer software company with 501-1,000 employees
    Great for reporting and forecasting but lacking reliability

What is our primary use case?

I mainly use CX Sales to create sales opportunities and keep track of my pipeline.

What is most valuable?

CX Sales is very intuitive - you just have to click a few buttons, and you see everything. It's also very good at creating opportunities.

What needs improvement?

Quote creation could be improved.

CX Sales' stability isn't the best - it has a tendency to crap out and need refreshing, especially when creating quotes.

CX Sales is scalable.

There's a learning curve with CX Sales - it requires a good month of playing around with the CRMs to be fairly proficient.

What other advice do I have?

If you're primarily focused on forecasting and creating opportunities, I recommend giving CX Sales a shot. I'd give CX Sales a rating of seven out of ten.

Knowledge and associate at a consultancy with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Integrates well, good technical support, and scalable

What is our primary use case?

Oracle CX Sales can be used for customer orders and the entire customer journey.

What is most valuable?

The solution integrates well.

What needs improvement?

The interface of Oracle CX Sales could be more user-friendly.

I have been using Oracle CX Sales for a few years.

The solution is stable.

Oracle CX Sales is scalable.

The technical support is good.

The installation is easy.

The price is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Oracle CX Sales an eight out of ten.

Download our free CRM Report and find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Microsoft, Salesforce, and more!
    Updated: September 2022