We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

OpenText Content Suite Platform OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

OpenText Content Suite Platform is #3 ranked solution in top Enterprise Content Management tools. PeerSpot users give OpenText Content Suite Platform an average rating of 10 out of 10. OpenText Content Suite Platform is most commonly compared to OpenText Documentum: OpenText Content Suite Platform vs OpenText Documentum. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 31% of all views.
What is OpenText Content Suite Platform?

OpenText Enterprise Information Management (EIM) technologies and business solutions allow organizations to take full advantage of enterprise information and gain better business insight, create a positive business impact, increase process velocity, reduce risks related to information governance, and protect intellectual property from internal leaks and external threats. OpenText provides solutions in the core EIM categories of ECM, BPM, CEM, Information Exchange, and Discovery.

OpenText Content Suite Platform was previously known as Livelink ECM, OpenText ECM, OpenText Content Suite .

Download the Enterprise Content Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

OpenText Content Suite Platform Customers

KUKA Roboter GmbH, MAN Diesel & Turbo, FMC Technologies, Alcatel-Lucent, KHS GmbH, The Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, COMM-UNITY EDV GmbH, BwFuhrparkService GmbH, Swarovski, Hydro One, Viega

OpenText Content Suite Platform Video

Archived OpenText Content Suite Platform Reviews (more than two years old)

Technical Architect - ECM at Syntel
MSP

What is our primary use case?

Building an ECM repository for a leading high street bank in Scotland and integration with internet banking applications.

How has it helped my organization?

It is a very stable system, and we are using it to store billions of customer documents which are readily available for search and browsing. It is very easy to integrate all ECM features with other enterprise applications that are helping the bank with easy modernization.

What is most valuable?

• Content server
  • Archive server
  • Search and indexing
  • Enterprise integration
  • Records management
  • Patching
  • Web reports
  • Scaling and auditing.

What needs improvement?

• Compatibility with external source code management tools like RTC is missing. This would help in the automation of deployment activities for enterprise applications.
  • Improvement in analytics and machine learning would help in getting a more holistic view of content.

Three to five years.
Solution Architect at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Scalability is great. We can extend areas horizontally and vertically.
  • "An SAP user can store documents directly into OpenText without a connector."
  • "Scalability is great. We can extend areas horizontally and vertically."
  • "We are looking for new, advanced UI features. Currently, the UI does not look great."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use is for software development. It also offers capture. So far, we have been satisfied with the product.

How has it helped my organization?

If you are an SAP user, you can store documents directly into OpenText without a connector. The connector is out-of-the-box, which is one of the key advantages that most customers are looking for.

What is most valuable?

It can be found in the original SAP, and no other product is offering it. OpenText has a very strong connector, which is called "ECM for SAP".

What needs improvement?

Mostly, we are looking for new, advanced UI features. Currently, the UI does not look great.

Three to five years.

It is a stable solution. It is one of the market leaders.

Scalability is great. We can extend areas horizontally and vertically. So far, we have had no issues at all with the product.

We have been using OpenText from the beginning.

The initial setup was straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

OpenText is a very strong offering from the engineering management side, as well with its SAP integration. Its weak point is the UI's look and feel.

Find out what your peers are saying about OpenText, Microsoft, IBM and others in Enterprise Content Management. Updated: January 2022.
563,327 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user738363
OpenText Consultant at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
Provides integration of a document management platform with many applications, though initial stability issues can occur
  • "The integration of a document management platform with many other applications, e.g. SAP, SuccessFactors, Salesforce, SharePoint, etc."
  • "Initially there can be stability issues due to unknown factors such as usage of the system, quantity of documents ingested, load during peak hours."

What is most valuable?

The integration of a document management platform with many other applications, e.g. SAP, SuccessFactors, Salesforce, SharePoint, etc. There is a large amount of documentation available, along with solution accelerators to speed up and facilitate the initial setup and integration.

What needs improvement?

Initially there can be stability issues due to unknown factors such as usage of the system, quantity of documents ingested, load during peak hours. Over time, these stability issues can be solved by tweaking the system and scaling according to the volumes and requests done to the system.

Over two years.

No, Content Server is highly scalable, both horizontally and vertically. Additional servers can easily be added to the cluster. At the back-end, additional resources can be added to increase performance of the agents, indexing, and searching capabilities. The front-end can also be scaled horizontally or vertically to improve performance when dealing with a large number of simultaneous users.

High. When contacting OpenText support we always get an answer within a few hours. The technical support is also very knowledgeable on most of their products, and provides frequent updates when working on a ticket.

The initial setup was, and still is, complex because there are many components interacting with each other. There are multiple settings to check and configure. A vast knowledge of infrastructure, networking, security, software tools, and more are required to install a performant solution.

What other advice do I have?

Get in touch with experts, either directly from the vendor or consult with an external party that has deep expertise in implementing a similar solution.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a partner and often work together to implement solutions at a client.
it_user688572
Solutions Manager at a consultancy with 201-500 employees
​All the information is now stored in a central repository that is accessible to everyone.​
  • "Simplicity to roll out, features available, customization options."
  • "User interface needs improvement (at least in the version we are using, desktop client)."

What is most valuable?

Simplicity to roll out, features available, customization options.

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

User interface (at least in the version we are using, desktop client).

I've used this solution for six years.

Yes, but we believe those were related to our environment.

7 out of 10.

No (we were using file servers).

Straightforward.

It is an expensive solution. The licensing is not that complex for the core products, but it becomes more complicated for some additional modules.

Yes. We evaluated SharePoint & Documentum .

What other advice do I have?

To keep up to date with the latest versions of the products because OpenText continues to invest money on new features.

Download our free Enterprise Content Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about OpenText, Microsoft, IBM, and more!