IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

OpenText Content Suite Platform OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

OpenText Content Suite Platform is #3 ranked solution in top Enterprise Content Management tools. PeerSpot users give OpenText Content Suite Platform an average rating of 10 out of 10. OpenText Content Suite Platform is most commonly compared to OpenText Documentum: OpenText Content Suite Platform vs OpenText Documentum. OpenText Content Suite Platform is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 66% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 28% of all views.

Download the Enterprise Content Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is OpenText Content Suite Platform?

OpenText Enterprise Information Management (EIM) technologies and business solutions allow organizations to take full advantage of enterprise information and gain better business insight, create a positive business impact, increase process velocity, reduce risks related to information governance, and protect intellectual property from internal leaks and external threats. OpenText provides solutions in the core EIM categories of ECM, BPM, CEM, Information Exchange, and Discovery.

OpenText Content Suite Platform was previously known as Livelink ECM, OpenText ECM, OpenText Content Suite .

OpenText Content Suite Platform Customers

KUKA Roboter GmbH, MAN Diesel & Turbo, FMC Technologies, Alcatel-Lucent, KHS GmbH, The Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, COMM-UNITY EDV GmbH, BwFuhrparkService GmbH, Swarovski, Hydro One, Viega

OpenText Content Suite Platform Video

OpenText Content Suite Platform Pricing Advice

What users are saying about OpenText Content Suite Platform pricing:
"Both Open Text ECM and IBM File share are expensive."

OpenText Content Suite Platform Reviews

Andrzej Chmielarski - PeerSpot reviewer
Tech lead/Solution architect/Team manager at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
MSP
Scalable, verifies complex solutions, and the support we receive is good
  • "It's a very good solution."
  • "Pricing could be improved and the stability or the performance needs improvement, which is very important."

What is our primary use case?

We verify complex solutions and we implement it on the business process management system.  ECM has extra value for us. We focus on both solutions and they are a little different.  One is only ECM and the second is as a VPN, with ECM as well.

What is most valuable?

It's a very good solution.

What needs improvement?

Pricing could be improved and the stability or the performance needs improvement, which is very important.

I was using this solution for a year as a developer and for more than three years as a user.
Enterprise Content Management
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about OpenText, Microsoft, IBM and others in Enterprise Content Management. Updated: June 2022.
610,518 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It's stable, although it could be better.

Open Text ECM is scalable. We have over 200 users, but the organization is now bigger. We use a component to connect ECM to IBM file share by other systems. I am not sure how many users we have who are using it but it may be over 1,000.

The technical support was okay.  We haven't had many issues and everything was resolved through our service agreement.

When I was an architect, on one of our organizations we used IBM Finance in one part of our business. We decided that it was a good solution. For OpenText, it was a decision which related to using a business process managed system as well.

I was not a part of the initial setup. We have a team in place that handles the setup and deployment.

Both OpenText ECM and IBM FileNet share are expensive.

What other advice do I have?

From my perspective, we are working with two solutions. For both IBM FileNet and OpenText ECM, I was the accountant manager and a place where you can store electronic documentation.  The extra value for both solutions is adding workflow managers, similar to business process management systems. You can verify flows and sign off documents. I am not sure if I will continue to use this solution in the future. It depends on the business requirements. If somebody were to ask me which product is better, I think that both are okay and they should verify the business needs then decide which model of pricing or which performance is better for the company. I would recommend this solution, and if I am considering an enterprise solution, both Open Text ECM and IBM are the same, it depends on what the customer's needs are. I would rate Open Text ECM a nine out of ten.

Senior Manager Strategic Alliances and Customer Relations, SAP Enterprise Applications at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Reseller
Reliable management with an upgraded interface that is easy to set up and configure

What is our primary use case?

We are selling this solution to our clients and we have an implementation team that takes care of the delivery.

Most of the customers use it for information governance, records management, workflow capabilities, and basic document and version control.

Some of our clients also use the AppWorks technology for local app development solutions.

What is most valuable?

Most of our customers are very fond of the upgraded smart user interface. It was lacking in previous versions.

What needs improvement?

The overall architecture is still a bit cumbersome. The architecture needs improvement, as it's complex.

I have been dealing with OpenText ECM since 2011.

Our customers are quite impressed with the stability. There are no issues.

We have not contacted technical support.

The initial setup is very straightforward and the configuration is quite easy.

Depending on the use case of the customer, a project can take between three months and maybe 12 months to deploy. It depends on how complex the requirements are of the use case.

If there is an integration that needs to be done, then it can take up to about 12 months.

We have a support team that looks after any issues.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend OpenText ECM. Where we are with GDPR and POPI at the moment, I will definitely recommend this solution.

Download our free Enterprise Content Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about OpenText, Microsoft, IBM, and more!
Updated: June 2022