IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Okta Customer Identity OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Okta Customer Identity is #6 ranked solution in top Customer Identity and Access Management tools. PeerSpot users give Okta Customer Identity an average rating of 8.4 out of 10. Okta Customer Identity is most commonly compared to Auth0: Okta Customer Identity vs Auth0. Okta Customer Identity is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 54% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 43% of all views.

Download the Customer Identity and Access Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Okta Customer Identity?

Okta Customer Identity is an identity service that enables frictionless experience, speed-to-market, centralized management, and internet-scale security. Okta Customer Identity is developer friendly and secure with minimal custom code.

Okta Customer Identity Customers
FedEx, Adobe, National Geographic, Tyson, Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Okta Customer Identity Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Okta Customer Identity pricing:
  • "We pay 23 pence (approximately $0.30 USD) per user, annually, for 150,000 users."
  • "Okta Customer Identity is not an expensive solution."
  • "The price of the solution is fair for what it offers."
  • Okta Customer Identity Reviews

Tom Foale - PeerSpot reviewer
    CTO at Klaatu IT Security Ltd
    Simple to use, cost-effective, and the technical support is easy to access
    • "We primarily use it to manage the community onboarding and offboarding of users, and it's quite a simple solution for that."
    • "The initial setup could be easier to do."

What is our primary use case?

The basic idea behind the Customer Identity product is to put in multifactor authentication for clients to make sure that people are properly managed.

It is normally used by people involved with marketing technology.

How has it helped my organization?

What it's done for our clients is it's reduced the number of staff they need in order to manage their campus and their partner community services. For example, users can automatically reset their own passwords if they need to, and they've got multifactor authentication so they can easily access the service and they're properly identified.

Using this product helps with the relationship between users and their account managers as well, because account managers can be sure that people are getting access to the services they need.

What is most valuable?

We are not using all of the features. We primarily use it to manage the community onboarding and offboarding of users, and it's quite a simple solution for that.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup could be easier to do.

Customer Identity and Access Management
    July 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Okta, Auth0, SecureAuth and others in Customer Identity and Access Management. Updated: July 2022.
    621,703 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We implemented Okta Customer Identity approximately two years ago.

This is a very scalable solution. We currently have 150,000 users.

The technical support is very helpful. They provide you with a customer success manager and they've got access to all of the resources needed to solve problems.

We do most of our own support but when we need help, we can easily get access to someone.

The initial setup is difficult because you're setting it up with your own portal. This means that you've got to have the code in the portal to do the integration, which is what makes it a little bit more difficult. That said, there is a lot of good guidance available online.

By comparison, Okta Workforce Identity doesn't require any technical skills whatsoever, but if you're a developer, then you will be developing your own code.

It is probably best to use a third party to help with the deployment. You can do it yourself but it's a steep learning curve.

This product is quite cheap on a per-user basis. We pay 23 pence (approximately $0.30 USD) per user, annually, for 150,000 users.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is to make sure that it is properly prepared, as a project. Good preparation is needed so do your homework.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
    Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Customer/Reseller
    Abhishek Gautam - PeerSpot reviewer
    Principle Product Manager at a tech vendor with 5,001-10,000 employees
    Easy to set up, reliable, and offers an easy single sign-on
    • "It is very seamless."
    • "In the future, we'd like to see the product implement more security features, like, for example, zero-trust."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Okta for authentication. It provides identity. We are using it as an identity provider. Single sign-on is the primary use case here. We use it for our customers and our employees.

What is most valuable?

I'm using it as a single sign-on. Pretty much it is solving my purpose of having to not remember so many passwords.

It is very seamless. You have access to ten different apps, which are hosted on-premise or in the cloud. A single sign-on really helps me to make things faster.

It s easy to set up.

What needs improvement?

The solution works well. I can't speak to any areas of improvement.

We've been using the solution for the last three years.

The product is very stable. There are no bugs or glitches and it doesn't crash or freeze. it's reliable.

It's a cloud service, so you pay for the license and you will get that level of entitlement. Scaling is never a problem. Just you need to pay for the extra subscription. That's all.

We have 8,000 employees that use the product currently.

It's been used quite regularly, especially during the pandemic when many people had to work from home.

I have not used any other solution, although I do know there are many other players in the space.

It's a cloud service. The setup is just a touch of a button. It's very easy for an end-user to use it. For administrators, there might be a few other things they need to carry out, however, for end-users, it's just a touch of a button. Nothing is needed from the installation perspective.

I'd rate the solution four out of five in terms of ease of setup.

I'm not involved in the procurement and I'm not maintaining it, therefore, I am not really sure about the cost.

What other advice do I have?

I'm just a user, just an employee who is using this identity provider, and it is completely managed by our administrators.

I'd recommend the solution to other users.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
    Customer Identity and Access Management
    July 2022
    621,703 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Joseph Chandrasekaram - PeerSpot reviewer
    Identity Engineer at a pharma/biotech company with 10,001+ employees
    Offers seamless connection for users; great multifactor authentication
    • "The solution has great multifactor authentication."
    • "Users sometimes have difficulty getting verification codes."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution as a platform for identity and multifactor authentication of the entire platform which is integrated with the active directory so cell phones can be used for multifactor authentication. We have multiple domains and two segregated businesses. We onboard third party applications to Okta and users that need specific applications. The two groups have access to the 11 applications that they need.

What is most valuable?

The key feature of the solution is the multifactor authentication itself. The app provides a seamless way for users from anywhere to be able to connect. It also offers risk intelligence in terms of track analytics which can determine suspicious log-ons and lock them, preventing breaches.

What needs improvement?

There are sometimes issues with the voice authentication methods when users receive calls and they're not able to get the verification codes. That needs to be improved. A troubleshooting dashboard would be helpful in terms of pinpointing issues as opposed to running a search query switch.

I've been using this solution for three years.

In general, stability is good, although occasionally we do encounter issues and need to log a call with Okta support in order to resolve the problem.

This solution is very scalable. We have about 15,000 users globally and several different domains. The solution also provides for cross domain functionality. We've adopted this solution 100%.

Initial technical support is not very responsive, it's only after escalation that we get proper support.

We primarily deployed the Okta servers in the on-prem environment and then we integrate them with our IT Directory. From the Okta side, they configure the kit and perform the  configurations and the IQ. Deployment is quite straightforward. We had around 15 people helping with deployment, some from governance and the others from the our identity and security team. The entire implementation took around six months for our 15,000 users.

What other advice do I have?

It's important to have a good plan in place, identify your needs and make sure you have a good integrator.

I rate this solution a nine out of 10.

Pradip Niladhe - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior Associate Software Engineer at Simeio
    User-friendly, responsive support, and plenty of documentation

What is our primary use case?

We are using Okta Customer Identity for single sign-on. For example, if there is an organization that wants to have a user use one credential, user name, and password, and log into multiple applications. Then in that case you can use the Okta Customer Identity single sign-on tool.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of Okta Customer Identity are there is no infrastructure cost, integrated, has plenty of documentation, and is user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

There is an access request system that is very limited access to the systems available for end-users. The access request should improve in Okta Customer Identity.

I have been using Okta Customer Identity for approximately two years.

Okta Customer Identity is stable.

I have found Okta Customer Identity to be scalable.

We have many people using this solution.

The technical support of Okta Customer Identity is very prompt in responding.

The initial setup of Okta Customer Identity is easy. Once we have the application registered we can use it. It does not take long.

Our solution team implements the solution and since it is a SaaS solution it is simple.

Okta Customer Identity is not an expensive solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Okta Customer Identity an eight out of ten.

Okta Product Manager at a security firm with 11-50 employees
    Reseller
    Many vital functions, stable, and priced well

What is our primary use case?

The main use for the solution is for security. It can provide multifactor authentication to allow more security when accessing server applications or different types of services.

What is most valuable?

I think all the functions of the solution are vital and important because life cycle management is important for some companies. The Single Sign-On feature is fantastic for different customers and advanced server access is really good for access to the servers.

What needs improvement?

All of the governance functionality and privileged account management could be improved.

I have been using the solution for approximately six months.

The stability of the solution is great.

There are approximately 50 people using the solution in my company.

We have been satisfied with the support for this solution.

I have heard my technical team say the installation is easy.

The price of the solution is fair for what it offers.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution.

I rate Okta Customer Identity a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud